The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom

+30
Dave.
ShahenshahG
Bull
Cyril
sodhat
Crimey
The Special Juan
compelling and rich
barragan
CaledonianCraig
Hero
88Chris05
superflyweight
seanmichaels
Shot 21 LCFC
lorus59
Roller_Coaster
Nakatomi Plaza
Adam D
bhb001
Kenny
Barney92
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
Union Cane
Galted
ChequeredJersey
Il Gialloblu
Mind the windows Tino.
Dolphin Ziggler
34 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Best British (and Irish) Sitcom

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap11%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 11% 
[ 13 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 16 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap5%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 5% 
[ 6 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap2%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 2% 
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap9%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 11 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap13%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 16 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap4%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 5 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap7%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 8 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap6%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 7 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 3 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap3%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 3% 
[ 4 ]
[ 3 ]
[ 2 ]
[ 2 ]
The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_lcap0%The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 123

Poll closed

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Empty The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 05 Aug 2013, 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

And our favourite Soap Star of TV History have been decided, and the winner was the original charmer Frank Butcher. 

We move into our penultimate round and a very strong one; Best British (and Irish) Sitcom.

The choices are varied and wonderful, with a little bit of everything in there from across the years. David Brent, Manuel, Moss, Kryten, Darling and Captain Mainwaring come face to face in a battle to the death. 

Frank Butcher/Rowley 12
Dot Cotton/Hero 10
JR Ewing/Julius 10
Karl Kennedy/Me 10
Den Watts Sr/Adam D 6
Fred Elliot/Superflyweight 6
Steve McDonald/CJB 4
Jack Duckworth/Hulking_Up 4
Joe Mangel/VDT 2
Wellard/Compelling and Rich 2
Tina McIntyre/Kenny 2

THE FINAL ROUND HAS ARRIVED - 

Best Fictional Moment in TV History 

Last edited by Dolphin Ziggler on Mon 05 Aug 2013, 11:43 pm; edited 4 times in total

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom

Post by Galted Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:55 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm struggling with my choice for the next round and I've known it was coming for weeks. I am now just going over series I like and putting "best moments of..." into YouTube

FFS Ziggler, you're running the show.  All you have to do is take the cream of the crop for the next round of picks and inform the person who sent it that their choice was already taken.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 Empty Re: The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 07 Aug 2013, 4:57 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:I'm struggling with my choice for the next round and I've known it was coming for weeks. I am now just going over series I like and putting "best moments of..." into YouTube

You can have my choice if you want?

I can pick something else.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 07 Aug 2013, 5:15 pm

Terry and June has a vote!

Yay!

music Derdle duh derdle duh duh, duh duh derrr derrr duh... music
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 07 Aug 2013, 8:14 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

For bull

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:06 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

For bull

OK 

Almost faultless, YM/YPM. And one of the best endings ever.

And each of the main three played their part. Wouldn't have worked as well without any of them. Even Bernard, who was a brilliant foil, and the only sane one in the place. Gosh! Even if he did know about the ablative case.....

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bull Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:12 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

For bull
Laugh Laugh thats fantastic

Bull

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 07 Aug 2013, 9:13 pm

Or this great sitcom.....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23592586

Yes I know JHM.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:18 am

Honestly and integrity my dear lad, I usually change my pick every time someone else chooses it as theirs too. I'm possibly gonna pick something completely worthless to many but a sketch that I truly love.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 08 Aug 2013, 10:19 am

Blackadder and Phoenix Nights. Terrific comedy.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 08 Aug 2013, 12:41 pm

Surprised Vicar of Dibley isn't on the list. Laugh a minute with great characters
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Fri 09 Aug 2013, 11:26 am

Went for Father Ted and Porridge.
While I like Fawlty Towers, I don't think it's aged well and over the years Porridge has always been like a hidden gem when it is re-run, just a brilliantly written and performed sitcom.

As for Father Ted, there are so many brilliant moments through that show that I struggle to highlight only one item.  I still love to see at any modern protest a couple of 'down with this sort of thing' and 'careful now' banners. The Milkman episode, I love my brick, kicking bishop brennan up the ass, Dougal explaining what he doesn't understand about catholicism to a bishop, the holy stone, priest trapped in the lingerie section of a dunnes stores. Brilliant.

If short lived episodes are being taken into account, It'd through out D'Unbelievables.  Not a show but their series of dvds are parochial brilliance.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sat 10 Aug 2013, 2:05 pm

Fawlty Towers by a long shot IMO. Cleese and team comic genius!!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:39 am

Three of my top 5 most hated TV shows, sitting at the top of this vote Laugh

When's the final round being posted?

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 12 Aug 2013, 5:50 pm

I'm about 6 people down

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 12 Aug 2013, 6:17 pm

Not being funny but they have had a week to send it in. 

If they haven't entered they are most probably not likely to win anyway!!

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bhb001 Mon 12 Aug 2013, 9:31 pm

Yeah, i'm failing dismally but still managed to get my choice in so i can be humiliated further. Let them rot!!

bhb001

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 12 Aug 2013, 10:41 pm

I'll get the choices up tomorrow, i'm too sleepy now The Inaugural TV Cup - Round Nine: Best British (or Irish) Sitcom - Page 3 3754190863

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 Aug 2013, 11:37 pm

Rowley wrote:Dolphin, stick with the US office. I am a big fan and have watched it through to the death. As the show lasted a lot longer than the UK one they get to go different places with the characters. The first series is a bit of a pale imitation of the UK one but the Michael Scott character becomes a lot more likeable as the series progresses.
You were 100% right, I'm in love with this programme now

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3