The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MURRAY V MITCHELL

+5
Lumbering_Jack
Daz
Fists of Fury
coxy0001
Young_Towzer
9 posters

Go down

MURRAY V MITCHELL Empty MURRAY V MITCHELL

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:31

The pair met up yesterday in London and will be fighting on 9th July at the ExCel arena, London, they will also be introduced to the crowd at the O2 on 21st May, Cleverly's world title fight. Should be a cracker this fight Murray v Mitchell!, easily a better fight than DeGale v Groves imo

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

MURRAY V MITCHELL Empty Re: MURRAY V MITCHELL

Post by coxy0001 Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:36

No offence, but i'd much rather see Degale vs Groves, they're already better technicicans/fighters (even after what, 20 fights or so between them) and it's pretty much guaranteed they're going to end up on the world stage and win titles and be pretty highly ranked etc

Don't see Murray or Mitchell doing that, well... the latter had his chance and got tonked by Katsidis who's on the slide

And didn't Kev get done for growing canabis recently?

Last edited by coxy0001 on Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:38; edited 1 time in total

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:38

Yeah to be honest M vs M is a decent domestic scrap at best, whereas G vs D will propel the winner toward a world title shot, and won't be the end for the loser either. Completely different class.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:38

Very good match up - cant call it either way really. I think we will find out a lot about each of them with this fight.

I think the Degale Groves fight is gona be a cracker as well.

Speaking of Murray - i went over to 606 (first time in ages) and Shah87 has done another article on Murray today! He has some serious issues!

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:39

He did, and his mother as well.

What a nice family they are... Wonder who will get the blame for this one.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:39

oh god, please nobody tell shah that we're here.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:42

LJ

It's probably fight news or shantel, neither have anything better to do with their lives and isn't it funny how he pops up now and again. Bit like TysonKing who suddenly made a come back.

Multiple alias's galore.

Both should be good fights though, wasn't disrespecting M v M, but Groves v Degale has a real top level feel about it... Not to mention the hype of them absolutely hating each other

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:46

I would actually like Shah87, shantel etc to come across for a bit. They would be provide some humour before being banned in 1/2 days.

They make me laugh.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:48

Shantel has been and gone, as you say, banned within a day or two.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Thu 12 May 2011 - 12:52

Fists of Fury wrote:Shantel has been and gone, as you say, banned within a day or two.

What did he do?

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Thu 12 May 2011 - 13:08

Can't remember exactly, but just acted himself...that is enough to get him banned!!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 12 May 2011 - 13:15

No offence, but i'd much rather see Degale vs Groves, they're already better technicicans/fighters (even after what, 20 fights or so between them) and it's pretty much guaranteed they're going to end up on the world stage and win titles and be pretty highly ranked etc

Don't see Murray or Mitchell doing that, well... the latter had his chance and got tonked by Katsidis who's on the slide

Groves isnt in the same league as Mitchell, he's garbage and will be stopped within 4 rounds, im absolutely baffled anyone sees that lad been in the world title category, this fight is miles better imo, Mitchell? no he got arrested, he HASNT been charged

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu 12 May 2011 - 13:18

but Groves v Degale has a real top level feel about it... Not to mention the hype of them absolutely hating each other
Yeah, i mean either guy's fought or beat absolutely NOBODY, i am caught up in the 'top level' feel about it either, i agree with anyone DeGale's quality but not Groves, he's utter garbage

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Thu 12 May 2011 - 14:58

Murray Vs Mitchell should be good scrap. Sadly, its nothing more than a domestic level scrap now.

However, I do think it will be more competitive than DeGale-Groves.

I don't really see the appeal in Groves and I don't rate him anyway near as highly as others do. Unless DeGale seriously under-estimates him, it should be a fairly comfortable night's work for Chunky.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:17

Steven_89 wrote:but Groves v Degale has a real top level feel about it... Not to mention the hype of them absolutely hating each other
Yeah, i mean either guy's fought or beat absolutely NOBODY, i am caught up in the 'top level' feel about it either, i agree with anyone DeGale's quality but not Groves, he's utter garbage

They've beaten about the same calibre of fighter that M/M have beaten so far in about a third of the time.

You've got one SMW who most seem to think could go onto big big things (Degale), and another (Groves) people can't be too sure of where he'll end up (think of when no-one gave Benn a chance against G-Man, never underestimate a guy with heart) as he's the one out of the 2 with the biggest holes in his technique.

Compare that to two already proven euro level fighters and i'll take Groves v Degale every day of the week.

Is personal opinion of course, but could you imagine Sky being ok with M vs M being the co-headline fight for a PPV card? I'll be quite happy watching that as a freeby though

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:21

I think you are being a bit harsh on Groves. He is still green, this fight is probably a bit early for him. De Gale has developed much faster that Groves but Groves has the heart as shown in the Kenny Anderson fight. De Gale is still untested. We have no idea how he will react when tagged.

I think De Gale will take him to the trenches - Groves has been there but De Gale hasnt. I think it's a very interesting fight personally.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:24

Daz

Not sure if that was aimed at me? But i think it's a genuine pick'em

As you've said, it'll be interesting to see IF Groves can drag Degale into a war and whether Chunky will want it when he's there

My heart wants Groves to give him a bit of a pasting, my head says Degale dances and prances with little flashy combos to a PTS victory though. Groves is the more heavy handed out of the 2 but is certainly wilder

C'mon el Gingeroo!

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Daz Thu 12 May 2011 - 15:29

Sorry Coxy mate - it was aimed at Steven. I'm with you - its a pick'em fight.

Daz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 May 2011 - 21:07

coxy0001 wrote:No offence, but i'd much rather see Degale vs Groves, they're already better technicicans/fighters (even after what, 20 fights or so between them) and it's pretty much guaranteed they're going to end up on the world stage and win titles and be pretty highly ranked etc

Spot on Coxy. Murray seems a decent likeable guy so I hope he wins but neither of the pair will do much at world level.

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Thu 12 May 2011 - 21:30

Gotta agree; Degale and Groves have faced opposition at least equal to Murray and Mitchell, with the exception of Katsidis and...well, we know what happened there.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 1:18

Gotta agree; Degale and Groves have faced opposition at least equal to Murray and Mitchell, with the exception of Katsidis and...well, we know what happened there.
Hahahahaha, Paul Smith, terribly slow, predictable, Mitchell's beat Prescott, Johanneson, stepped up against Katsidis and was stopped but can come back, he's talent wise 3 times the fighter Groves is, Murray's fought nobody i do agree with that, but neither have Groves or DeGale, DeGale will win within 5 rounds, he is leagues ahead of Groves

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by BALTIMORA Fri 13 May 2011 - 1:37

Prescott had already been beaten not long before though, and seems to have been living off the Khan win. Mitchell could come back, but as of yet he has to prove that. Adamu wasn't a bad win for Groves to have as his 9th fight, and Groves was the first to stop him, which Froch couldn't do.

BALTIMORA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Fri 13 May 2011 - 8:22

As others have said it's a good domestic scrap but little more than that.

Mitchell has skill but you have to question his mental discipline. Also he was blown away in 3 rds last time out and will have been inactive for 14 months by the time they fight. And Murray is strong but too easy to hit and has been reluctant to step up to world level despite being 31-0. At the moment I'm not sold on either fighter, neither are world level IMO. Of course it's still a good fight, Mitchell has better boxing ability but you gave to question whether he'll be able to handle murrays size and strength and how the layoff will have effected him.

DeGale v Groves is a better fight IMO. If I had to find out one had been cancelled I'd prefer it to be Mitchell v Murray.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri 13 May 2011 - 9:03

Degale vs Groves is better in every aspect IMO:

-Better level of ability

-a real rivalry

- Degale has all the makings of a potential superstar so exiting to watch his development

- Also get a world title fight on the same card and hoping to see another Brit as a World Champ!

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 9:04

stepped up against Katsidis and was stopped but can come back, he's talent wise 3 times the fighter Groves is

Did i just hear that correctly?

Kevin Mitchell has more talent than George Groves?

Think you might be on your own there somehow.

Apologies, but you must wonder why people think you're a bit of a twit southpaw_20 when you come out with stuff like that. Mitchell got found out in the biggest way at world level by a guy who's quite blatantly on the slide in quite a big way (as much as it pains me to say as Katsidis has been one of my favourite fighters to watch in recent years).

He's euro level at utter best. Groves on the other hand has an infinite amount more talent and i'd be amazed if he doesn't go onto be a top 5 player in the division.

Again, you're going to be on your own in thinking Mitchell is more talented than Groves. Is a pretty laughable statement to make to be honest.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Fri 13 May 2011 - 9:34

Amen to that one Coxy! On both counts!!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 9:39

I heart him really

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 12:24

Kevin Mitchell has more talent than George Groves?

Apologies, but you must wonder why people think you're a bit of a twit southpaw_20 when you come out with stuff like that. Mitchell got found out in the biggest way at world level by a guy who's quite blatantly on the slide in quite a big way (as much as it pains me to say as Katsidis has been one of my favourite fighters to watch in recent years).
///////////////////////////
Mitchell won the ABA title in 2003, turned the olympics down because he didnt wanna be in Khan's shadow, he then proved he could outbox someone very dangerous for 12 rounds, i dont think Groves has that in his locker, he's far too predictable. George Groves isnt in the same league as Mitchell, Kevin got stopped in a world title fight, he will be stopped in a British title fight, remember i said this and copy it or whatever, he will be absolutely destroyed in 4 rounds by DeGale next saturday, and will NEVER win even a fringe world title, the kid is very very average, he's slow and even had a keggy through sparring novices!, better than Mitchell? go to Jimmy Tibbs and tell him that, he'll say the same as me your deluded. A twit lol? your a laughing stock, your anger problems are plain to see, jack.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 12:24

Amen to that one Coxy! On both counts!!
cheers, Colin. :run1:

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 12:37

Steven_89 wrote:Kevin Mitchell has more talent than George Groves?

///////////////////////////
Mitchell won the ABA title in 2003, turned the olympics down because he didnt wanna be in Khan's shadow, he then proved he could outbox someone very dangerous for 12 rounds, i dont think Groves has that in his locker, he's far too predictable. George Groves isnt in the same league as Mitchell, Kevin got stopped in a world title fight, he will be stopped in a British title fight, remember i said this and copy it or whatever, he will be absolutely destroyed in 4 rounds by DeGale next saturday, and will NEVER win even a fringe world title, the kid is very very average, he's slow and even had a keggy through sparring novices!, better than Mitchell? go to Jimmy Tibbs and tell him that, he'll say the same as me your deluded. A twit lol? your a laughing stock, your anger problems are plain to see, jack.

Many thanks for coming back to me southpaw

Firstly, i'm not the only person saying Groves > Mitchell. To accuse me being a "laughing stock" when everyone is generally saying "what the eff?" about you saying Mitchell has more talent than Groves should probably serve as an obvious reminder as to who the laughing stock is.

But moving on

Mitchell couldn't cope with a shot Katsidis and got spanked sideways

And i'd love to know who's dangerous, because save for one punch Prescott is the most shockingly average and luckiest boxer in recent years. He did nothing prior to Khan, has done nothing since Khan and will continue to do nothing.

And if you want to go on about amateur careers i somehow think Groves, with his 2 ABA titles takes Mitchell on who did more in the amateurs.

And i don't need to go ask someone trainer who is close to the lad and gets paid to form an opinion. Groves, whilst not perfect, has far far far more going for him than Mitchell. Again - you're on your own with that one buddy, probably best to give it up.

Chavez was never the quickest or most sublime, it's all about putting punches together southpaw. Am pretty sure 95% of people will say Groves is the more complete package of the two. Which isn't hard because Mitchell proved himself to be knowhere near above anything other than Euro level.

Thanks again

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:00

Mitchell went life and death with Johanson. Hardly the making of a world beater.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:43

Firstly, i'm not the only person saying Groves > Mitchell. To accuse me being a "laughing stock" when everyone is generally saying "what the eff?" about you saying Mitchell has more talent than Groves should probably serve as an obvious reminder as to who the laughing stock is.
Your a laughing stock, your saying a fighter who has been dropped heavily at domestic level and hasnt even won a worthwhile title is better than a world title challenger and the guy who schooled the guy who destroyed Khan, Groves is a B level fighter imo, deal with it. LAUGHING STOCK

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:45

Chavez was never the quickest or most sublime, it's all about putting punches together southpaw. Am pretty sure 95% of people will say Groves is the more complete package of the two. Which isn't hard because Mitchell proved himself to be knowhere near above anything other than Euro level.
hahaha by having an off night against a guy who mixes in world level, isnt Khan above euro level for being totally destroyed by Prescott? of course he is Haye by losing to a shot Cat? course he is, your deluded, all fighters have off nights. Laughing Stock. Seriously, your mentioning Chavez regarded as the best Mexican ever in the same breath as Groves, you have confirmed your a laughing stock.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:49

Steven_89 wrote:Firstly, i'm not the only person saying Groves > Mitchell. To accuse me being a "laughing stock" when everyone is generally saying "what the eff?" about you saying Mitchell has more talent than Groves should probably serve as an obvious reminder as to who the laughing stock is.
Your a laughing stock, your saying a fighter who has been dropped heavily at domestic level and hasnt even won a worthwhile title is better than a world title challenger and the guy who schooled the guy who destroyed Khan, Groves is a B level fighter imo, deal with it. LAUGHING STOCK

I'm a laughing stock? Ok buddy.

Please read all, and yes there are alot, of comments who say Groves is a more rounded fighter than Mitchell. And Pacquiao got stopped, not just dropped, at domestic level.. Guess he should've been written off as well.

I don't think it's much to crow about schooling anyone when he was a) coming off a loss to a journeyman b) did nothing prior to Khan c) has done nothing since Khan

BHop lost his first ever fight, guess his conqueror's opponents who beat him should be held in massive regard as a result etc.

Last time - everyone thinks your opinion is wrong on this one.

Mitchell? Dropped and stopped by a shot Katsidis inside 3. Lets see how he goes against Murray shall we? Because i'll be ready to ram these words right down your throat afterwards.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:54

Steven_89 wrote:Chavez was never the quickest or most sublime, it's all about putting punches together southpaw. Am pretty sure 95% of people will say Groves is the more complete package of the two. Which isn't hard because Mitchell proved himself to be knowhere near above anything other than Euro level.
hahaha by having an off night against a guy who mixes in world level, isnt Khan above euro level for being totally destroyed by Prescott? of course he is Haye by losing to a shot Cat? course he is, your deluded, all fighters have off nights. Laughing Stock. Seriously, your mentioning Chavez regarded as the best Mexican ever in the same breath as Groves, you have confirmed your a laughing stock.

So you'll make the excuse for Mitchell for having "an off night" even with he went life and death with the extroardinarily average Johannson (apologies for incorrect spelling)?? But won't excuse Khan getting caught stone cold?

And i said Chavez was never the quickest or most sublime, but stylistic points count for jack - that was my point, you can be as flash as you like but if you don't find the target then it doesn't matter how flashy you look. Was that very simple point beyond your simplistic brain? Never said Groves WAS LIKE Chaves or WAS AS GOOD AS HIM. Christ, give me strength,

And how many times do i have to say it - everyone thinks your opinion is a bit of a joke on this one. You can label me as whatever you want, but most seem to agree with me on this subject. Be a bit like a Stevie Wonder calling Beyonce ugly (do i need to explain that for you? )

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 13:58

So you'll make the excuse for Mitchell for having "an off night" even with he went life and death with the extroardinarily average Johannson (apologies for incorrect spelling)?? But won't excuse Khan getting caught stone cold?

And i said Chavez was never the quickest or most sublime, but stylistic points count for jack - that was my point, you can be as flash as you like but if you don't find the target then it doesn't matter how flashy you look. Was that very simple point beyond your simplistic brain? Never said Groves WAS LIKE Chaves or WAS AS GOOD AS HIM. Christ, give me strength,

And how many times do i have to say it - everyone thinks your opinion is a bit of a joke on this one. You can label me as whatever you want, but most seem to agree with me on this subject. Be a bit like a Stevie Wonder calling Beyonce ugly (do i need to explain that for you? )
Contradicting yourself a bit there like aint you? saying i wont excuse Khan? i think Khan's the best brit after Froch so i doubt that one, im not very bright lol? says Mastermind your a laughing stock, what you mentioning everybody thinking my opinion's a joke for, what's this a school playground even they dont like what your saying bull?! grow up, seriously. If i cared that people thought my opinion was a joke i'd get angry like you, even using 'Christ, give me strength'. You really are a laughing stock, i'd urge you to think of something more original than your daft sayings as well at the end of your rants, its a bit boring, yawnn.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 14:00

Mitchell had a war with Johanneson when he wouldn't use his head and box, Johanneson's twice the fighter anyone Groves has fought, he even came off a 3 year break and went very close with a good fighter in Sykes. Mitchell knocked him out excellently though, if were honest.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Fri 13 May 2011 - 14:03

Guess we should ignore him being spanked by Kirakosyan (or however it's spelt then)

Again, you're prepared to make excuses for one guy but not another. Don't expect much more from you to be honest southpaw.

"Yeah but Mitchell wouldn't use his head" blah blah blah. One rule for one, one rule for another depending if it suits your arguement.

That's me done on the subject, feel free to read the comments to see who agrees with you.

Have fun trying to lure guys into your gym off the street

Many thanks

Coxy

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Fri 13 May 2011 - 14:05

Have fun trying to lure guys into your gym off the street

Many thanks

Coxy
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Young_Towzer