The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

+24
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
paperbag_puncher
joeyjojo618
licence_007
tobbox
Seanusarrilius
J.Benson II
Michaels, Sean
Imperial Ghosty
Lumbering_Jack
fearlessBamber
TopHat24/7
Young_Towzer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
coxy0001
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
captain carrantuohil
Fists of Fury
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
28 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? Empty Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

On the back of a protracted negotiation and one cancellation already this weekend we will finally see arguably Britain’s two premier lightweights John Murray and Kevin Mitchell lock horns in what looks to be a cracking match up. Am sure I am not alone in loving a good domestic match up and personally feel this has the makings of a belter and is one I am not confident in making any prediction on.

In one corner we have Shah’s favourite fighter John Murray, the holder of Britain’s longest unbeaten run who, after a few fallow years stuck in Mick Hennessy’s black hole for fighters will be looking to make a statement and kick start his career and solidify his decent world ranking and who could be on the cusp of a world title shot should he get the victory. In the other corner we have the once touted Kevin Mitchell who will be looking to get his career back on track on the back of some personal issues and the crushing and massively disappointing loss to Katsidis.

For me calling a winner in this one is tricky at best. Have to be honest whilst I like Murray who seems an honest and hard working kind of pro he is also a guy who is yet to convince me he has what it takes to survive or compete at a truly elite level, whilst I think he is plenty brave and a real grafter a big part of me suggests he has kind of found his level and perhaps is a Euro level fighter, although thus far he has always displayed a decent work rate and set of whiskers that suggest he will not provide an easy nights work for anyone, although it should be noted that in recent fights he has looked a bit flat. However in saying that it should be acknowledged that this can happen when a guy is stuck in a rut as motivation can become an issue, have to think it will not be an issue in this one, so we could see the best of Murray, however good that it.

Mitchell is a guy I quite rate, think he has the far better boxing skills of the two and whilst he is obviously not a huge puncher think he carries enough of a dig to get respect from anyone. However on the downside it seems apparent the loss to Katsidis hit him pretty hard and post that defeat he has hardly been living the monastic lifestyle one would hope for from a prospect, and in the back of my mind I wonder if, on the back of over 12 months out an opponent like the high output Murray could be all wrong for him, because whilst I definitely feel Kevin has the edge in skill he has proven against Kats and even Johansen that he can be dragged into a brawl and does have a tendency to neglect his movement and skills, although when he can apply discipline as against Prescott he can overcome less talented guys with relative ease.

Whilst this is certainly not a fight I would back on with any great confidence if I had a gun to my head I would probably have to back Mitchell with no real confidence. Think on the back of 12 months out and a vastly disappointing performance he will realise he is, if not in last chance saloon then definitely the guy with more to lose in this one and think he will perhaps come through a few tricky moments to get a close but deserved decision. How do other people see this one going and is it a fight that gets the juices flowing for you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? Empty Re: Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:48 am

Morning jeff. Like you I'm very much looking forward to this one. I think a lot of it will depend on how Mitchell has prepared. He's been known to cut corners in training, and he's also not been in the ring for well over a year.

I find Murray to be an industrious but one dimensional fighter, physically strong but lacking pop in his punches and too easy to hit. I've always felt Murray was there to be outboxed but he's never upped his level of opponent enough to face someone capable of doing it. Mitchell is the better all round boxer, and if he's prepared well and is on his game I see him hitting and moving while Murray huffs and puffs. If Mitchell is underprepared I can see Murray stopping him late, with mitchell being the naturally smaller lightweight murrays strength may overwhelm over the 12 rounds. Mitchell will do well to box and not brawl, he's been known to be too keen to go to war in the past but that's just fighting murrays fight.

It's a tricky one, but I'm gonna stick to my opinion that Murray is there to be outboxed and if he's on song mitchell will have a bit too much class and win by close decision.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? Empty Re: Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:51 am

Very well written, Jeff.

It's a tough one, isn't it? As I seem to (annoyingly) do with all of my recent predictions, I can see it going one of two ways. Either Murray by late TKO after wearing Kevin down with constant pressure and energy sapping work to the body, or a relateively close 115-113 or 116-112 sort of UD for Mitchell, whose cleaner work catches the eye of the judges.

Gun to head though I have to go the same way as you, and say Mitchell via close, but clear, UD.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by captain carrantuohil Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:52 am

I blow a bit hot and cold about Mitchell - rather like his performances, in fact. I first wondered whether he might be all that he was cracked up to be when he beat Johanneson for the 130 lb belt. In that fight, although he did well to dig deep and turn the fight around, I started to think that he was vulnerable to someone who would be able to apply a bit of educated pressure to his more refined style. Prescott was obviously not that educated (!), and is 100% a banger, but Mitchell looked to fall apart completely against Katsidis. Outside the ring problems were blamed, but the fact that he has been so recently inactive weighs heavily against him for me.

It's not that I think that Murray is a superstar, although he's a perfectly good, fringe world-class operator at this stage. It's just that I think that there is more solidity there, both in technique and in that all-important space between the ears. So much depends on Mitchell's mental state when he gets into the ring, but he will need to have it right for a full twelve rounds, since I don't think that he can stop Murray. Murray is a harder hitter, I'd say, and could, on the other hand, put Mitchell away inside the distance. I expect him to wear Mitchell down and either stop him late or overcome a points deficit to win going away by decision.

captain carrantuohil

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

If Mitchell stays calm and boxes for the whole fight I see a UD for him, however he's hasn't fought in 14 months and has had a few personal issues since then so don't know how mentally tough he'll be and if it turns into a war i'll fancy Murray to win.

Ps - is this free on Sky Sports or PPV?

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:56 am

Think Mitchell wins with something to spare, to be honest. I like Murray, he's usually good value for money, but he relies on brawling far too much. Not a problem if you're a genuinely huge hitter, but he simply isn't.

I reckon that if Mitchell sticks to the game plan he'll soundly outbox Murray. He's shown that he can fight going backwards as well as forwards and has demonstrated ring generalship in the past, which is probably an alien concept to Murray. The rumours that Mitchell has bee struggling to make the weight and is masking it with the 'viral infection' are worrying, but for now I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Mitchell by UD, for me.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

In a completely biased way, i think Murray wins.

Mitchell just isn't big enough to be a lightweight for me personally and showed what happens when someone who chases and pushes him around with relentless pressure. The guy's a natural SFW and doesn't crack hard enough to keep a swarmer i.e. Katsidis, Murray etc off him. Doesn't appear to have an iron chin at the weight either.

Murray stops him for me. Again, the blinkers are well and truly on as i have an irrational hatred of Mitchell!

Unfortunately got a stag dinner that night (civilised i know) so won't be able to watch. Dangit.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

Valero's Conscience wrote:Ps - is this free on Sky Sports or PPV?
Free - quite a good card.

I'm going for Murray, partially based on the mental side, partially on having a feeling he can get to Mitchell through pressure. But Mitchell has the better boxing skills and Murray isn't convincing.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:04 am

Morning Rowley. Good thread, if a little long for my infantile concentration span!

I think if this fight was made around the time of Mitchell v Prescott then I fancy Kevin to pretty handily outpoint Murray but that is a reflection on Murray's limitations rather than Mitchells skills which I remain unconvinced about. I think they are both very decent domestic/European fighters but remain a bit wary of proffering any loftier status on them just yet.

With Mitchell's inactivity and dubious extra curricular issues, I fancy Murray, who at least has been fighting over the last year to grind out a points win, possibly a close and controversial one. They are well matched and their styles should hopefully gel to make for a cracking fight, one that can genuinely be called either way. I just have a nagging doubt that Mitchell is lacking some dedication and Murray will be motivated just a touch more.

Wouldn't call it with any huge conviction, but I fancy Murray to grind out a tough points win.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:08 am

Mitchell for me, he'll want to impress after his only defeat last time out and Murray doesn't have that 'big fight' experience, his 31-0 record is impressive at first but on closer inspection appears to be more padded than davidemore's cell.

Mitchell by UD, or maybe TKO in the late rounds.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

Union Cane wrote:Mitchell for me, he'll want to impress after his only defeat last time out and Murray doesn't have that 'big fight' experience, his 31-0 record is impressive at first but on closer inspection appears to be more padded than davidemore's cell.

That has just made me choke on my coffee, brilliant.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:14 am

Very good Union. Davidemore now goes under the name Seanusarrilius btw.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:21 am

Scottrf wrote:
Valero's Conscience wrote:Ps - is this free on Sky Sports or PPV?
Free - quite a good card.

I'm going for Murray, partially based on the mental side, partially on having a feeling he can get to Mitchell through pressure. But Mitchell has the better boxing skills and Murray isn't convincing.

Cheers Scott!

Bellow is fighting as well I hear, haven't seen him fight so looking forward to it.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

He is indeed Valero, makes me laugh a bit, all people are talking about is Murray and Mitchell or Bellew, seems to be overlooked Ricky Burns is defending his world title on the same bill. Feel a bit for Ricky, has there ever been a British world champion with a lower profile?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:23 am

Union Cane wrote:Mitchell for me, he'll want to impress after his only defeat last time out and Murray doesn't have that 'big fight' experience, his 31-0 record is impressive at first but on closer inspection appears to be more padded than davidemore's cell.

I agree to a point Union but Mitchell is only 1-1 in his "big" fights. He did box exceptionally well against Prescott and I think that version of Mitchell would beat Murray, but I can't get the utter mauling from Katsidis out of my mind. I know Murray is no Katsidis but Mitchell "blamed" that defeat on personal issues, that to me, don't appear to gone away.

Real tough one to call though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:24 am

Yeah there's:

Cook-Burns
Murray-Mitchell
Bellew-McKenzie II
Gavin-Woodhouse.

Whether we see them all I don't know but the programme is 3 hour long apparently.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

Scottrf wrote:Very good Union. Davidemore now goes under the name Seanusarrilius btw.

Lets be careful now... Sean claims to "know him" even though the two have never expressed such an acquantaince with each other in the past.....

Regarding Mitchell, i've never been overly impressed with him. Beaten sweet f.a. at lightweight to convince me he can mix it there, and whilst Murray isn't a massive puncher he has been knocking out most of the domestic scene. Just feel he'll swarm Mitchell and take him right out of his comfort zone before breaking him down to a late stoppage.

Cue Mitchell making umpteen excuses that make Haye look gracious in defeat. I hope.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:25 am

rowley wrote:He is indeed Valero, makes me laugh a bit, all people are talking about is Murray and Mitchell or Bellew, seems to be overlooked Ricky Burns is defending his world title on the same bill. Feel a bit for Ricky, has there ever been a British world champion with a lower profile?
Evensen, Laryea, Cook. I'm not sure how sorry we should feel to be honest.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:31 am

Bit harsh Scott, reads as a veritable who's who, just no pleasing some folk.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:32 am

rowley wrote:He is indeed Valero, makes me laugh a bit, all people are talking about is Murray and Mitchell or Bellew, seems to be overlooked Ricky Burns is defending his world title on the same bill. Feel a bit for Ricky, has there ever been a British world champion with a lower profile?

I have a strange, possibly bordering on stupid, feeling that Burns will stop Cook late on. I know that Burn's can't break an egg normally, but he definitely hurt Martinez with a body shot in his title fight, and likewise, Martinez hurt Cook with the same shot. I don't really rate Cook that highly, he has only had a routine fight since the Martinez loss and as such, it doesn't require too big a leap of faith for me to see Burn's hurting Cook to the body and stopping him.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Maybe he could unify against the guy Barrera sparked out in a couple of rounds, then I'll agree with Nelson that he's Scotland's best ever.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:33 am

Surely Burns' Scottishness is a factor, is he a big thing north of the border?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:36 am

Union Cane wrote:Surely Burns' Scottishness is a factor, is he a big thing north of the border?

I don't know how to put this, he's kind of a big deal. People know him. He's very important. He has many leather-bound books and his apartment smells of rich mahogany.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:44 am

Seems he "relishes his anonymity"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/8589516/Ricky-Burns-relishes-his-anonymity.html

(Apologies for the witless cage-fighting 'highlights' on this link)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

Union Cane wrote:Surely Burns' Scottishness is a factor, is he a big thing north of the border?
Na, doesn't sell out the Kelvin Hall.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:46 am

Union Cane wrote:Seems he "relishes his anonymity"...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/boxingandmma/8589516/Ricky-Burns-relishes-his-anonymity.html

(Apologies for the witless cage-fighting 'highlights' on this link)
I think only your disclaimer saves you from a ban.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:49 am

Scottrf wrote:
Na, doesn't sell out the Kelvin Hall.

Oh dear.

Even the Scottish Thistles netball team can sell out that place.

http://www.netballscotland.com/3ourof3

Burns and the Scottish public should hang their heads in shame.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:37 am

I see contraversy ahead my friends!!

Very close fight which I think Murray will get the nod due to Frank Warren feeling he can make a bigger slice of pie with Murray on the world scene due to his ranking, unbeaten record etc.

Can on see Mitchell winning this if he either (a) KO's Murray or (b) Embarrasses Murray.

Personally, I can't see either of those results as Mitchell just doesn't seem to be taking himself serious anymore.

If Mitchell in the publics eyes finishes the fight 2 rounds ahead for example, he loses in the judges eyes.

This fight is Murrays springboard. And Frank knows that I think.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 11:39 am

contraversy
"Controversy"

Not sure i agree with you though, either win and either is in line for a title shot. For me they're both equal in terms of what happens post fight in terms of moving onto bigger better things.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:03 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
contraversy
"Controversy"

Not sure i agree with you though, either win and either is in line for a title shot. For me they're both equal in terms of what happens post fight in terms of moving onto bigger better things.

I wrote it in a smicker Belfast accent Coxy.

Cantraversy, alright mucker waa's haaapenin
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:09 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:
coxy0001 wrote:
contraversy
"Controversy"

I wrote it in a smicker Belfast accent Coxy.

Cantraversy, alright mucker waa's haaapenin

Forgot the Wink as i was only playing Dee

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:34 pm

Mitchell's world class on his night imo, i don't care what anyone says, he has absolutely everything. However, he obviously got beat over a year ago and hasn't fought since, he's meant to have more than held his own against Burns in sparring who imo is faster, a much better boxer than Murray. Kevin is faster and by some way and is clever, i have a feeling he'll box but counter Murray with his fast hands and win by a late stoppage because Murray's to easy to hit and he marks, Mitchell will destroy him as soon as he goes for Kev, i think he'd get frustrated by the thin air he'll hit as well if Tibbs as taught Kev to box him how he did Prescott. Just not at all sold on Murray, don't get me wrong though if Mitchell's on a downward spiral he'll lose because the lay-off's been ages, but if he's anywhere near what he can be, 13/10 the price of a Mitchell win is an absolute cracker of a price.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:57 pm

If the Mitchell that beat Prescott turns up then I see him getting the win (more likely UD than TKO) but if the Mitchell that got thoroughly bullied and shown up by Katsidis turns up then I'd go for Murray (late TKO).

Prescott may have limited skills and be mainly a slugger but he's still dangerous (below world level) and Mitchell handled him well with good boxing fundamentals. He was appalling against Kats though, almost embarrassingly so, and if I were to believe everything the papers say then he's quite a lazy unpleasant person too.

I want Murray to win but I foresee Mitchell by close UD.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Tue 12 Jul 2011, 12:59 pm

I think Murray will win, overcoming an early deficit, probably on points.

Think Mitchell's best days are behind him.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:If the Mitchell that beat Prescott turns up then I see him getting the win (more likely UD than TKO) but if the Mitchell that got thoroughly bullied and shown up by Katsidis turns up then I'd go for Murray (late TKO).

Prescott may have limited skills and be mainly a slugger but he's still dangerous (below world level) and Mitchell handled him well with good boxing fundamentals. He was appalling against Kats though, almost embarrassingly so, and if I were to believe everything the papers say then he's quite a lazy unpleasant person too.

I want Murray to win but I foresee Mitchell by close UD.

I think Prescott's miles better than Murray, definitely faster and hits harder, Kev took him to school. I don't think Mitchell done out wrong for 2 rounds against Katsidis, but the difference in strength was worrying, i give Mitchell the first 2 rounds, but you could see he hadn't prepared properly, because he shook a few hard shots off Prescott off who imo hits harder than Katsidis. Yeah he seems lazy, i mean training for 10 weeks and being bang on 9 stone 8 2 month ago is lazy aint it laughing not being funny but i wouldn't like to prepare for a world title fight whilst braking up from my girlfriend who i had 2 kids too, that's hell i've seen first hand with my brother what that's like normally, let alone when you have to prepare for a relentless Aussie, Mitchell said he'd rather of pulled out now, obviously a mistake he made, but fair play to him for getting back in the gym and let's face it taking a fight the majority expect him to be smashed up in straight after a defeat.

Last edited by Young_Towzer on Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:05 pm

Prescott isn't miles better than me...

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:08 pm

http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/original/Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:09 pm

Lads if you want to bicker can you do it on someone elses thread. I slaved over this thread for all of five minutes would hate to see it degenerate.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:14 pm

Mitchell has done well to convince me he is an undedicated, lazy boxer who has no real desire to fight. I really dont see why he is rated som highly be some. A win against Prescott, really?

Mitchell to quit on his stool late on and claim he had an argument with his rabbit as an excuse.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:16 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:Mitchell to quit on his stool late on and claim he had an argument with his rabbit as an excuse.
Always blaming warren...

Rolling Eyes

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:17 pm

because he shook a few hard shots off Prescott off who imo hits harder than Katsidis
=============
Knocking out bin men does not make you a hard hitter.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:17 pm

Scottrf wrote:http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowldc/files/original/Pot-calling-the-kettle-black-734818.jpg

That's more like the pan calling the ornamental teapot black.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:Mitchell to quit on his stool late on and claim he had an argument with his rabbit as an excuse.
Always blaming warren...

Rolling Eyes

clap

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:21 pm

You're right, that's not a kettle at all!

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:21 pm

Murray is going to be too big and strong for Mitchell who should really step back down to super featherweight if he hopes to achieve anything

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:28 pm

Imperial Ghosty wrote:Murray is going to be too big and strong for Mitchell who should really step back down to super featherweight if he hopes to achieve anything

He can't make super feather, your trainer decides what weight you box at, and Tibbs doesn't want him drained. He was meant to fight Burns to defend his British title against Burns before he battered Prescott, but pulled out due to trouble making the weight.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Imperial Ghosty Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

He didn't batter Prescott he outboxed him, there's a big difference, also someone thats that small at lightweight could probably make Super featherweight if he wasn't so lazy

Imperial Ghosty

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaels, Sean Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:30 pm

fearlessBamber wrote:I think Murray will win, overcoming an early deficit, probably on points.

Think Mitchell's best days are behind him.

what were Mitchell's best days out of curiousity?
Michaels, Sean
Michaels, Sean

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:30 pm

Lumbering_Jack wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
Lumbering_Jack wrote:because he shook a few hard shots off Prescott off who imo hits harder than Katsidis
=============
Knocking out bin men does not make you a hard hitter.

Go and swear or something instead of wumming, your just a loose cannon.com

Grow up... It's a perfectly valid point. Katsidis has fought a highler level of opposition than Prescott who, for the most part, has been knocking out club fighters in his home country.

I'm grown up, i think you need to, i don't swear like a chav, is Khan a bin man? wasn't lucky either destroyed him with a few shots and shook him up with a jab before hand, hardly a one punch KO, pal.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:31 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:what were Mitchell's best days out of curiousity?

Tuesdays and Fridays.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next