The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

+24
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
paperbag_puncher
joeyjojo618
licence_007
tobbox
Seanusarrilius
J.Benson II
Michaels, Sean
Imperial Ghosty
Lumbering_Jack
fearlessBamber
TopHat24/7
Young_Towzer
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
Scottrf
coxy0001
88Chris05
Valero's Conscience
captain carrantuohil
Fists of Fury
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Rowley
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? - Page 3 Empty Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:36 am

First topic message reminder :

On the back of a protracted negotiation and one cancellation already this weekend we will finally see arguably Britain’s two premier lightweights John Murray and Kevin Mitchell lock horns in what looks to be a cracking match up. Am sure I am not alone in loving a good domestic match up and personally feel this has the makings of a belter and is one I am not confident in making any prediction on.

In one corner we have Shah’s favourite fighter John Murray, the holder of Britain’s longest unbeaten run who, after a few fallow years stuck in Mick Hennessy’s black hole for fighters will be looking to make a statement and kick start his career and solidify his decent world ranking and who could be on the cusp of a world title shot should he get the victory. In the other corner we have the once touted Kevin Mitchell who will be looking to get his career back on track on the back of some personal issues and the crushing and massively disappointing loss to Katsidis.

For me calling a winner in this one is tricky at best. Have to be honest whilst I like Murray who seems an honest and hard working kind of pro he is also a guy who is yet to convince me he has what it takes to survive or compete at a truly elite level, whilst I think he is plenty brave and a real grafter a big part of me suggests he has kind of found his level and perhaps is a Euro level fighter, although thus far he has always displayed a decent work rate and set of whiskers that suggest he will not provide an easy nights work for anyone, although it should be noted that in recent fights he has looked a bit flat. However in saying that it should be acknowledged that this can happen when a guy is stuck in a rut as motivation can become an issue, have to think it will not be an issue in this one, so we could see the best of Murray, however good that it.

Mitchell is a guy I quite rate, think he has the far better boxing skills of the two and whilst he is obviously not a huge puncher think he carries enough of a dig to get respect from anyone. However on the downside it seems apparent the loss to Katsidis hit him pretty hard and post that defeat he has hardly been living the monastic lifestyle one would hope for from a prospect, and in the back of my mind I wonder if, on the back of over 12 months out an opponent like the high output Murray could be all wrong for him, because whilst I definitely feel Kevin has the edge in skill he has proven against Kats and even Johansen that he can be dragged into a brawl and does have a tendency to neglect his movement and skills, although when he can apply discipline as against Prescott he can overcome less talented guys with relative ease.

Whilst this is certainly not a fight I would back on with any great confidence if I had a gun to my head I would probably have to back Mitchell with no real confidence. Think on the back of 12 months out and a vastly disappointing performance he will realise he is, if not in last chance saloon then definitely the guy with more to lose in this one and think he will perhaps come through a few tricky moments to get a close but deserved decision. How do other people see this one going and is it a fight that gets the juices flowing for you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Perfessor Albertus Lion V Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:31 pm

rowley wrote:
Mitchell is a guy I quite rate

~ Dear egads sir, you rate a poor representation of mental stability who has proven nothing at world level other than he's well below that class over a solid, determined professional working his way up the ranks the hard way due to no special connections?

Does Mr. Mitchell even want to fight again or is he being dragged into the ring to fulfill contractual obligations and pay the substantial bills he has racked up since his world class flop?

Mum's the word......... censored
Perfessor Albertus Lion V
Perfessor Albertus Lion V

https://www.606v2.com/

Back to top Go down

Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it? - Page 3 Empty Re: Murray - Mitchell, How do you see it?

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:35 pm

If you'd have bothered to read on you would have seen I made full references to his less than stellar approach to the game, but why bother doing that, far better fun to take a quote totally out of context to give you an excuse to indulge in your sub London Ring Rules act, that in no way shape or form is getting tired yet.

However don't want to come across as too negative as you do make me nostalgic for the real LRR, something I would not have though easy to achieve so well done on that score.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:35 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
rowley wrote:Think Bellew is nailed on for Clev, fits the bill for a Warren first defence perfectly, can build up the bad blood from the press conference, talks a good enough game to sell the fight but has little to no chance of winning and is probably chinny enough to give Clev the impressive looking stoppage.

Whilst a big Clev fan and i think he wins if he fights Bellew, Tony's a 3 time ABA champ, and that is a very difficult feat, and has done everything asked of him as a pro.

I could see Bellew beating Cleverly. I've never been that impressed by the Welshman and don't think he possesses the power to deter Bellew from coming forward or the boxing skills and discipline to out box Bellew to a points decision. I could see Bellew winning by a stoppage in the middle rounds he is under Cleverly's skin who I can see being reckless and going after Bellew from the off. If the fight turned into a scrap then that's right up Bellew's street.

PBK, I don't think you need to be Bob Foster to put Bellew down though. Cleverly is pretty accurate and I am convinced he carries enough dig to get Bellew out of there. Afterall, he has been put down by moderate punchers in McKenzie and Ajisafe. Bellew has decent power himself, but at what level? He has yet to face anyone of real genuine class, and Cleverly appears to hold a shot pretty well. I am just not sure how he beats Cleverly without getting close enough to be put to sleep himself.

McKenzie is a bigger puncher than Cleverly he could floor most LHW. Bellew got up and stopped McKenzie which deserves a lot of credit. Cleverly is really over rated for me I don't get it. He lacks power speed and brains. He can box but lacks discipline to do so. Like someone else pointed out when he gets hit he wants to show it doesn't hurt and gets tagged a few more times.

PBK, I am not saying Cleverly is ready for Hopkin's, but he is clearly on a higher level to anything Bellew has faced so far. I am not sure what part of McKenzie's record gives much credence to him being able to floor most LHW's though. I just can't agree with that.

Cleverly may well be overrated, but the simple fact is, Bellew has done nothing so far to show he is on the same level. He clearly has heart, that much is a given, but at this point in their careers, I would make Cleverly a prohibitive favourite.

I've always felt McKenzie was a big puncher but he has always been in short fights. 4,6 and 8 rounders where his power would be less relevant. I haven't based this on who they have beat just what I've seen from them in the ring. Cleverly makes big mistakes and I think Bellew's style is just right to take advantage of them.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:36 pm

Perfessor Albertus Lion V wrote:
rowley wrote:
Mitchell is a guy I quite rate

~ Dear egads sir, you rate a poor representation of mental stability who has proven nothing at world level other than he's well below that class over a solid, determined professional working his way up the ranks the hard way due to no special connections?

Does Mr. Mitchell even want to fight again or is he being dragged into the ring to fulfill contractual obligations and pay the substantial bills he has racked up since his world class flop?

Mum's the word......... censored

Union, did you open Badgerhands gimp box again?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:37 pm

rowley wrote:If you'd have bothered to read on you would have seen I made full references to his less than stellar approach to the game, but why bother doing that, far better fun to take a quote totally out of context to give you an excuse to indulge in your sub London Ring Rules act, that in no way shape or form is getting tired yet.

However don't want to come across as too negative as you do make me nostalgic for the real LRR, something I would not have though easy to achieve so well done on that score.
Or in other words, http://captionsearch.com/pix/pijobf4e8h.jpg

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:39 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:
rowley wrote:Think Bellew is nailed on for Clev, fits the bill for a Warren first defence perfectly, can build up the bad blood from the press conference, talks a good enough game to sell the fight but has little to no chance of winning and is probably chinny enough to give Clev the impressive looking stoppage.

Whilst a big Clev fan and i think he wins if he fights Bellew, Tony's a 3 time ABA champ, and that is a very difficult feat, and has done everything asked of him as a pro.

I could see Bellew beating Cleverly. I've never been that impressed by the Welshman and don't think he possesses the power to deter Bellew from coming forward or the boxing skills and discipline to out box Bellew to a points decision. I could see Bellew winning by a stoppage in the middle rounds he is under Cleverly's skin who I can see being reckless and going after Bellew from the off. If the fight turned into a scrap then that's right up Bellew's street.

PBK, I don't think you need to be Bob Foster to put Bellew down though. Cleverly is pretty accurate and I am convinced he carries enough dig to get Bellew out of there. Afterall, he has been put down by moderate punchers in McKenzie and Ajisafe. Bellew has decent power himself, but at what level? He has yet to face anyone of real genuine class, and Cleverly appears to hold a shot pretty well. I am just not sure how he beats Cleverly without getting close enough to be put to sleep himself.

McKenzie is a bigger puncher than Cleverly he could floor most LHW. Bellew got up and stopped McKenzie which deserves a lot of credit. Cleverly is really over rated for me I don't get it. He lacks power speed and brains. He can box but lacks discipline to do so. Like someone else pointed out when he gets hit he wants to show it doesn't hurt and gets tagged a few more times.

PBK, I am not saying Cleverly is ready for Hopkin's, but he is clearly on a higher level to anything Bellew has faced so far. I am not sure what part of McKenzie's record gives much credence to him being able to floor most LHW's though. I just can't agree with that.

Cleverly may well be overrated, but the simple fact is, Bellew has done nothing so far to show he is on the same level. He clearly has heart, that much is a given, but at this point in their careers, I would make Cleverly a prohibitive favourite.

I've always felt McKenzie was a big puncher but he has always been in short fights. 4,6 and 8 rounders where his power would be less relevant. I haven't based this on who they have beat just what I've seen from them in the ring. Cleverly makes big mistakes and I think Bellew's style is just right to take advantage of them.

Maybe he will take Bellew out on Saturday and get the shot at Cleverly!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:45 pm

Young_Towzer wrote:Who thinks Bellew fights Cleverly if he destroys that plonker on saturday?

The plonker that put him down 2-3 times the last time out when he got a generous TKO win after Ovil was barely wobbled by Bellews supposed one punch ko power?? Bellew comes across as an 'orrible scouse chav, a proper surly uncouth monkey-boy. I'm not a massive Clev fan but I see him teeing off on Bellew's suspect chin all night and taking a late TKO win. Murat is a class above anything Bellew's ever fought and Clev looked very good that night, certainly more convincing than Bellew did in his last outing....

Last edited by TopHat24/7 on Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:46 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Union, did you open Badgerhands gimp box again?

I think it might be leaking.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:47 pm

Scottrf wrote:
rowley wrote:If you'd have bothered to read on you would have seen I made full references to his less than stellar approach to the game, but why bother doing that, far better fun to take a quote totally out of context to give you an excuse to indulge in your sub London Ring Rules act, that in no way shape or form is getting tired yet.

Or in other words, http://captionsearch.com/pix/pijobf4e8h.jpg

In a nutshell

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

prettyboykev wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
prettyboykev wrote:
Young_Towzer wrote:

Maybe he will take Bellew out on Saturday and get the shot at Cleverly!

Haha I know I said he was a puncher but I expect Bellew to win comfortably. McKenzie can be dangerous but having already fought him I don't see the rematch being as tough a night for Bellew as the first fight. Bellew has a good amateur pedigree and I would like to see him box a bit more rather than be so reckless.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:15 pm

Best fight on the card Murray-Mitchell....I think Mitchell's ring rust might count against him here....also took a beating off Katsidis and I think Mitchell is a confidence fighter...

Murray is solid, does everything fine and punches quite hard.....

I think he'll stop Mitchell late.....

Think he's caught him at the right time.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:17 pm

Can't argue with that Truss think the year plus lay off Mitchell has had will come into play late in the fight especially if Murray gets at him from the off and makes him work.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by fearlessBamber Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:27 pm

Michaels, Sean wrote:
fearlessBamber wrote:I think Murray will win, overcoming an early deficit, probably on points.

Think Mitchell's best days are behind him.

what were Mitchell's best days out of curiousity?

Prescott fight. That'll be his big win.

fearlessBamber

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:12 pm

i think mitchell is the better talent, but with everything going on in his life over the last year i feel the edge lies with Murray, not confident at all but gun to head i say Murray pts if he can entice Mitchell into a war, if he doesnt tho i see Mitchell outboxing him to pts win from distance.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Young_Towzer Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:45 pm

Seanusarrilius wrote:i think mitchell is the better talent, but with everything going on in his life over the last year i feel the edge lies with Murray, not confident at all but gun to head i say Murray pts if he can entice Mitchell into a war, if he doesnt tho i see Mitchell outboxing him to pts win from distance.

If Mitchell goes into a war after the Katsidis fight he'd be an idiot.

Young_Towzer

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:48 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Michaels, Sean wrote:what were Mitchell's best days out of curiousity?

Tuesdays and Fridays.

didnt we have this before?? ha

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:38 pm

I think If you look at Mitchels last fight he did not actually box badly and probably took the first two rounds... then his whole game plan seem to go out the window once he got hit and he just went in for the brawl when his jab was doing just fine...

This to me does show a lack of mental focus and I do believe him when he says he was not focused for the fight and did not prepare well enough, as his corner also said.

I think if he had kept to his game plan he would have won his last fight..

Which leads me to think that if he has got his sh1t together then I can see him winning this fight by a UD.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by SugarRayRussell (PBK) Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:48 pm

tunes666 wrote:I think If you look at Mitchels last fight he did not actually box badly and probably took the first two rounds... then his whole game plan seem to go out the window once he got hit and he just went in for the brawl when his jab was doing just fine...

This to me does show a lack of mental focus and I do believe him when he says he was not focused for the fight and did not prepare well enough, as his corner also said.

I think if he had kept to his game plan he would have won his last fight..

Which leads me to think that if he has got his sh1t together then I can see him winning this fight by a UD.

I would have gave him the first 2 rounds as well but I have always felt Kats knew he had the beating of him and just waited for the moment to pounce.
SugarRayRussell (PBK)
SugarRayRussell (PBK)

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:34 pm

coxy0001 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Very good Union. Davidemore now goes under the name Seanusarrilius btw.

Lets be careful now... Sean claims to "know him" even though the two have never expressed such an acquantaince with each other in the past.....

Regarding Mitchell, i've never been overly impressed with him. Beaten sweet f.a. at lightweight to convince me he can mix it there, and whilst Murray isn't a massive puncher he has been knocking out most of the domestic scene. Just feel he'll swarm Mitchell and take him right out of his comfort zone before breaking him down to a late stoppage.

Cue Mitchell making umpteen excuses that make Haye look gracious in defeat. I hope.

haha yes i am davidemore, anyone that rememebers davidemore knows i have never exhibited that sort of behaviour

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3