The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 6 Homepage I

+8
Fluxy
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
dammit_chris
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
Driver
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 4 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13 ... 22  Next

Go down

Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 Empty Season 6 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 03 Sep 2013, 8:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 Aviva+Premiership+Logo

Breaking News: Wasps good form continues with victory at Kingsholm while Driver is feeling the pressure following defeat to former Falcons manager Pooly

Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons
2009/2010 – Saracens
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 4Leicester Tigers 76011821572521131126
2Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 6London Wasps #76011681531516130124
3Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 12Sale Sharks #75111871662121161123
4Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 9Northampton Saints7403176172418171321
5Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 7Harlequins #7313178172618172318
6Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 5London Irish #73131761532320141317
7Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 57Worcester Warriors7223162170-814160416
8Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 8 Newcastle Falcons7223162176-1414170315
9Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 2Gloucester7214163166-314160414
10Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 11Saracens7205141162-2113161413
11Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 1 Bath Rugby # 7205138175-3713190411
12Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 48Exeter Chiefs7106158167-913170610

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 6 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (me) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1991.

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page.  Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.

Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.

• Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues.  These players must be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

• Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Structured Window

No cash will be used and each team will get effectively free transfers by way of a draft, which will run 12th, 11th, 10th …… 1st, 12th, 11th,10th… 1st place side.  This will run from 10th June 2013 until all teams have had their two picks.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

Player Releases wrote:
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the Domestic Transfer Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday.  Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday.  Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday.  Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday.  Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 20:00 hours on Saturday.  Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box.  If you are not providing a descriptive prediction you will be restricted to predicting a 1 point win either way.
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

At least 10 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in forfeiting the match and a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point for a first offence, two for a second offence and so on.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (ozzy3213) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Thu 07 Nov 2013, 2:15 pm; edited 17 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 6 Homepage I - Page 4 Empty Re: Season 6 Homepage I

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:05 pm

He wasn't the best wing i'd seen in Championship , he's got serious gas no doubt and a bit of a step. Could be a good player but we've seen it all go wrong before.

Lukey Fielden was a good wing in Championship , real danger ball in hand.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:24 pm

Over the course of the season and appearing in the Championship team of the year suggests otherwise I guess. Getting all the tries he did with a poor Bedford team speaks volumes - he had Gloucester, Sarries and a few others after him, so highly thought of in the AP too.

Be interesting if he can take advantage of Varndell's injury.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:26 pm

I hope he does , I'd rather have a serious contender for the England set up playing week in week out rather than someone who isn't going to push for international rugby.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:31 pm

We've got so many good young wingers coming through - been really impressed with Yarde over last 6 months, but one who looks very good is Jack Nowell. Ashton looked on good form last weekend and think he is a shoe in for one England wing spot.

Austin Healy was saying that they might even want to look at playing Mat Tait on the wing as he's come on leaps and bounds at Tigers, but doesn't think he'd be an international fullback.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:34 pm

I think Nowell could be the England 15 come RWC time , seems to be very Daggish in his ways.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:39 pm

Just such a pain we can't find a no12 - got so many players in all the other back positions by the WC. Can't see anyone coming through at their clubs either, not sure Twelvetrees is the answer, Barritt hasn't got enough in attack but very little else.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:41 pm

I'd like to think come the opening game (RWC) we have a back line of

15.Nowell
14.Yarde
13.Tuilagi
12.Eastmond
11.Ashton
10.Burns
09.Youngs

21.Care 22.Ford 23.S Tomkins (I can dream)
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:46 pm

Think Foden will get back in this year as North will bring the best out of him and can see Saints being a very strong team over the next few seasons. Burrell has been quietly impressive there too - sure he's in the Saxons.

Eastmond strikes me as the kind of player that could score 3-4 tries in a game against the lesser teams but could get absolutely demolished by a Jamie Roberts type player. Are Bath in HC this year? Probably say the same about Wade, as you probably wouldnt want him up against guys like Savea, Gear, North.

Aren't they saying Tomkins is leaving for union at the end of the season? Reckon Daly could force his way for a bench spot soon too - covers backthree and 13.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:49 pm

Tomkins going to NRL

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:50 pm

That confirmed though Steve?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:52 pm

last interview i saw with him said he found going to NRL very attractive but at the same time would be keen to play in the RWC - be great to get him in union, one of my favourite players to watch.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Thu 12 Sep 2013, 3:53 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/10286811/Wigan-Warriors-rugby-league-star-Sam-Tomkins-keen-to-switch-codes-in-time-for-2015-World-Cup.html
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:00 pm

I thought it was confirmed but not certain. Keep hearing it on SL coverage

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 12 Sep 2013, 4:08 pm

All but confirmed from what I heard hence I released Tomkins. Reckon hes just using the union story to push his wage up like the footballers do

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:00 pm

"Over the course of the season and appearing in the Championship team of the year suggests otherwise I guess. Getting all the tries he did with a poor Bedford team speaks volumes - he had Gloucester, Sarries and a few others after him, so highly thought of in the AP too"

Hudson & Golding made the Rugby paper Champ team of the year(along with Bassett) and they bothhad very average seasons. Hudson wasn't even first choice by the end of the season.

Bedford were hardly a poor team, they made the final so that would indicate they were the 2nd best team in the Champ.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Thu 12 Sep 2013, 5:09 pm

Bedford had a poor pack Pooly, they did well with loans from AP as have great relationship with Sarries and Saints. Pretty sure they were 30 odd points behind Falcons in the league, so as Falcons werent the greatest team last year, don't think I'd be that far off with what I said there.

He got 10/12 tries last year, not many players scored as many as he did. Can't see that there is any argument about him being a good Championship player.

Pretty certain if I said the sky was blue you'd argue how it was green, but there you go Smile

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:28 pm

You said he was the best wing in the Champ, I disagreed and you said he was a good Champ player. That's not what you said.

I don't understand how you can be a poor team yet come runners up to the eventual winners...pushing them hard in the final.

I just disagree with a lot of what you say, if you say something valid I wouldn't disagree.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:34 pm

Any chance of you two not squabbling like little girls this season? Just it gets a tad boring for the rest of us reading it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:49 pm

I quite fancy a big deal. If anyone's keen let me know.

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 12 Sep 2013, 8:50 pm

I am but not sure I've got the players to back a biggy up.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

Anyone see ardie Saveas 70 metre try in ITM cup. He is super special talent. Was sensational in super 15 when played. Will be regular this year.

Aplons try for western province was a treat also. He has faults but is as dangerous a broken field runner as you will see. Great to watch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:05 am

Aplon is a terrific little player. Tough as teak as well.

It has just taken me 45 minutes to do one prediction. Really tough separating some of the teams!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 4:36 pm

Anyone?

LK Lionel Nallet (France)*
LK Rob Simmons (Australia)
LK Robins Tchale-Watchou (Cameroon)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:04 pm

I would pay someone to remove Rob Simmons from the game. Coward of a second row.

Think Mckenzie is ruining Aussies. Dropping Genia is madness. Agree with will greenwood in that you have to have a decent pack first. Look how well morne steyn is playing with go forward ball. I know pooly does not rate steyn as he has mentioned many times but I think he is in the top bracket

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:08 pm

You have a second row from Carmeroon?

Steyn was form 10 in world in 09 and is looking back to his best now.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:40 pm

Oz shouild have a blast with

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Timani
5. Horwill
6. Mowen
7. Hooper
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. JOC
12. Lealifano
13. AAC
14. Folau
15. JOC

They need a beast of an 8 to do some carrying then they are looking alright.

I suspect McKenzie is having a look at his options this year which surprises me.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Fri 13 Sep 2013, 5:47 pm

JOC twice. They need higginbktham back. Schatz or Quirk would be good to bring in. Both had good seasons.

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Fri 13 Sep 2013, 6:37 pm

So I have. Meant Mogg at full back

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:16 pm

JOC is that good.

Not a big Steyn fan but he's only behind Cruden in form FH's really.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:26 pm

Brown certainly outplaying Foden so far, still think Foden looks off, his kicking is poor

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:43 pm

Our scrum getting on top apparently, getting beat 11-6

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 8:58 pm

Anybody interested in Joel Tomkins, Vardell, Mullen, Lahiff?

Last edited by Sgt_Pooly on Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:25 pm

Tomkins and mullan yeh.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:46 pm

Mullen I am.

Watched cuthbert closely tonight and really not impressed wih him, patchell was beating him most kicks and he came across as pretty arrogant during he game. Blues lived off connacht's I'll discipline. Just got to watch end of quins game on my bt app too!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 13 Sep 2013, 9:48 pm

Falcons just beat Sale 15-14 at their place, massive win for us that

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Fri 13 Sep 2013, 10:08 pm

Yeh huge win. Bet steve will be fuming.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:12 am

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

First of many wins i hope.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:21 am

Reading fans forum and a lot saying Welch and Hogg smashed Sale back time and time again with Fraank winning a lot of penalties from Thomas. Godman bossed the game as well.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 12:46 am

Well done falcons. Glos were outplayed by sale last week. Richards Is a top coach so offers you best chance of staying up.

Last week sale better than glos but had no attacking threat so expect them and falcons to struggle.

Glos lost first game for 4 years running.

Bottom of league will be tight this year.

Early wins for falcons and sale means its a live league

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 14 Sep 2013, 2:50 am

prop_lyd wrote:Mullen I am.

Watched cuthbert closely tonight and really not impressed wih him, patchell was beating him most kicks and he came across as pretty arrogant during he game. Blues lived off connacht's I'll discipline. Just got to watch end of quins game on my bt app too!
I am no cuthbert fan. His positioning is horrendous. May have said before that I found out I know his dad well and used to coach cuthbert. He is English and was always a backrow as a lad. He was
A massive England fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:51 am

Hugely disappointing. Seems scrum got munched after doing so well against Gloucester. We seemed to destroy you at the lineout early on but by the sounds of it the side who played the conditions better won the game.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:53 am

missed out that after early dominace your maul seemed to cause us issues after we had done the same to gloucester

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 7:55 am

The way I heard it from someone who was there Sale dominated the first half, but went into their shells and started playing really conservatively after the break. Falcons grew in confidence, won a series of scrum penalties to get ahead and then defended for their lives.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:09 am

Yea pretty much how I read into Pete.

We clawed it back just before halftime from 11-3 to 11-9, we then came out firing getting up to 15-14 and just defended well.

Clegg apparently played really well when he came on and our scrum was dominant throughout, think thats were most of our points came from which is promising.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:12 am

It's a top win to be fair. In a dogfight, any away win is great, but at one of your rivals is even better.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:19 am

Chuffed to bits, I was following it on twitter and even that was nail biting.

If we can grind out away wins like that and tick over at home we'll be fine. I was a little concerned after last week but having a good scrum is a decent sign and we can work from that. Line out has been poor with Lawson out though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:38 am

Not sure who made that lineout steal but it was great. Is Flip at 5 for SA?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:38 am

And what a scrum!

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:46 am

The power and intensity out there is unreal. I will be amazed if this game finishes with no serious injury.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 14 Sep 2013, 8:53 am

SA looking great this year. Look a different beast with BdP back

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down