The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD***

+46
Valero's Conscience
Mind the windows Tino.
spencerclarke
skidd1
Izzi
owen10ozzy
Rowley
Adam D
KC
RanjitPatel
Coola
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
tunes666
Wpwp86
Duty281
BoxingFan88
as1079
Good Golly I'm Olly
thebawwse
Lumbering_Jack
jimdig
Seanusarrilius
TopHat24/7
sparxz
Dass
Boxtthis
TheMarvelousOne
The Terror of Tylorstown
rob-glos
Pedro147
superflyweight
PPVxHOTTY
wheelchair1991
John Bloody Wayne
Strongback
KO-KING
Union Cane
hampo17
AlexHuckerby
monzon
compelling and rich
mckay1402
Steffan
Lance
mobilemaster8
KingMonkey
50 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD*** - Page 4 Empty Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD***

Post by KingMonkey Wed 04 Sep 2013, 9:52 am

First topic message reminder :

Anyone know much of Beltran?  I've got to admit I don't but he's ranked high enough by Ring Mag for me to think this should be a competitive fight.

As much as I like Ricky he's never struck me as a 'world level' type of fighter.  Fringe perhaps.  A domestic fighter done good for sure but despite one or two decent enough wins I've always had the feeling that he's limited.  He got very lucky last time out agianst a fighter with a bit of class (although seemingly no heart).

Anyone shed some light on this one for me?  I'm looking forward to it all the same.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD*** - Page 4 Empty Re: Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD***

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:26 pm

I think Watt said it spot on, 'Sometimes I really don't like this business'.

Beltran won that fight.

Credit to Burns for fighting the majority of the fight with a fractured jaw though.

Rematch!

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD*** - Page 4 Empty Re: Burns - Beltran; ***FIGHT NIGHT THREAD***

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:26 pm

No terror, your 1 in 50 on this board that called it close. It was a joke, Burns was outworked, outpunched, dropped and looked lile Poopie the whole fight with the exception of about 3-4 rounds MAX.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:27 pm

Shouldn't be a rematch! There was one clear winner who was on another level. Burns holds his title based on politics. No wonder he cant get big names over ie. Broner.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm

Don't want to hear any Brits complaining about German judging in the future.

UK referees are the most corrupt I have seen as well.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:28 pm

What time is the Arreloa fight oj guys??

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by BoxingFan88 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Shouldn't be a rematch! There was one clear winner who was on another level. Burns holds his title based on politics. No wonder he cant get big names over ie. Broner.
Really? Then how is Beltran supposed to win the title?

BoxingFan88

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

I thought Beltran clearly won 6 rounds and with the knockdown he should be up by at least a point.

Might be close in terms of points but Burns clearly lost this one for me.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

I watched Last Night of the Proms over this, so haven't seen the fight, but it sounds like another disgraceful robbery. Another reason for why fans are falling out of love with this sport.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

Respect to Jonny Nelson.

Spot on.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:29 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:No terror, your 1 in 50 on this board that called it close. It was a joke, Burns was outworked, outpunched, dropped and looked lile Poopie the whole fight with the exception of about 3-4 rounds MAX.
You're justifying the decision then. If you say Burns arguably won four rounds, then all it takes is a couple of tight rounds elsewhere and there can be no absolute outrage with the decision.

(I gave it Beltran my three points, btw).

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm

Strongback wrote:Don't want to hear any Brits complaining about German judging in the future.  

Was shocking I agree. Constant and blatant holding.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:30 pm

No but the rounds i just gave him 3-4 were the close rounds. He got battered the rest of the fight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:31 pm

Bad decision, but the trolls are really out in force tonight!

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:32 pm

Strongback wrote:Don't want to hear any Brits complaining about German judging in the future.  

Of course clap Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:32 pm

Feel so sorry for Beltran, looks a broken man in there.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:32 pm

Yeh, namely Terror! He also scored the Bradley fight 120-104 Bradley.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:33 pm

But at least our 'experts' admit to it and say it how it is lol also it was the yank who gave it to burns.

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:33 pm

Beltran post fight interview is awesome

Doesnt blame Burns...blames the industry

HBO were the only winners tonight

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:34 pm

Burns was battered so badly he managed to see the final bell despite having a dislocated jaw, somebody is schooled and battered so badly gets stopped.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:34 pm

Beltran didn't say one thing wrong there, he was right with everything. That result was everything wrong with boxing.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:34 pm

Beltran calling it right 'its politics, its business it people protecting their investment'.

Look's like Eddie has learned a few tricks of the trade,

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:35 pm

I called a home town decision on twitter earlier tonight, and that was disgusting. I had it 116-111 for Beltran, he bossed Ricky around the ring and controlled the fight. Really poor, that is type of think appeals are made for.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by sparxz Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:35 pm

Jonny nelson talks sense

sparxz

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:35 pm

The Terror of Tylorstown wrote:Burns was battered so badly he managed to see the final bell despite having a dislocated jaw, somebody is schooled and battered so badly gets stopped.
Eddie Hearn. Hows it going mate?

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:36 pm

Slight side note, it's almost midnight and we've just watched two grown men batter each other - WHY do they keep apologising for the language/swearing??!??!!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by monzon Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:37 pm

WORLD CHAMP. WOOO!

monzon

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:37 pm

Trying to remember what rounds Burns could have won. Help me out here:

Round 1 - definitely
Round 2 - at a big push (but I don't think so)
Round 6 - I still give this to Beltran but happy to hear opinions
Round 7 - probably
Round 11 - at a big push (but I don't think so)
Round 12 - probably

Are there any other ones that are even worth considering?

To me, at the absolute most, you give Burns 6 rounds minus the KD. 114-113 being the most generous I can possibly think of.

Embarrassing for British boxing.

Last edited by Boxtthis on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:42 pm; edited 2 times in total

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:38 pm

hearns and burns were like politicians skipping round the questions and changing the subject during the interview. they both knew they had lost.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:38 pm

I will seriously consider banning anybody who has Ricky winning this fight. Fair warning! Kidding of course, but deary me. Twitter is lit up with fury over this. Hearn will cash out in a unification now. He has to. Burns has been gifted his belt two fights in a row now.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Dass Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:42 pm

I'll speak it out in defence of Terror here since I had the same card as him. However even by having it only one round to Beltran there was no way it could ever be a draw or a win for Ricky for me. I could give Ricky 6 rounds some extremely tight but to get the draw he would have needed 7 and for the life of me I couldn't have given him a 7th.

Beltran was certainly the more dominant in winning his rounds of thats there no doubt and if some of my rounds had swung the other way I could have seen Beltran winning by 7 just as much as winning by the 1 I had.

Dass

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:43 pm

He hasn't been 2 fights in a row. The last guy quit.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:44 pm

Dass wrote:I'll speak it out in defence of Terror here since I had the same card as him. However even by having it only one round to Beltran there was no way it could ever be a draw or a win for Ricky for me. I could give Ricky 6 rounds some extremely tight but to get the draw he would have needed 7 and for the life of me I couldn't have given him a 7th.

Beltran was certainly the more dominant in winning his rounds of thats there no doubt and if some of my rounds had swung the other way I could have seen Beltran winning by 7 just as much as winning by the 1 I had.
That is my point exactly, I had Beltran winning but there were enough close rounds to make the fight overall close, I struggle to call a fight a robbery when I had one point in it. It's the same old problem as Matthyse/Alexander where it's difficult to make a case for Alexander but the result overall was very very close.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:46 pm

Again terror, mathysse won that.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:46 pm

Dass wrote:I'll speak it out in defence of Terror here since I had the same card as him. However even by having it only one round to Beltran there was no way it could ever be a draw or a win for Ricky for me. I could give Ricky 6 rounds some extremely tight but to get the draw he would have needed 7 and for the life of me I couldn't have given him a 7th.

My thoughts exactly. I give 6 unquestionable rounds to Beltran. I give 3 unquestionable rounds to Burns. Give the remaining 3 questionable ones to Burns and Beltran still wins 114-113.

There isn't even a 7th round worth discussion to give to Burns.

Last edited by Boxtthis on Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Wpwp86 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:46 pm

I don't post much. But Beltran landed cleaner out hussled Burns out fought Burns and had a draw!!! I'm a big Burns fan but he lost this fight. Disgraceful decision. 2 dodgey fights is he on the slide? Maybe. Burns won't rematch him.

Wpwp86

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:47 pm

when the fighter, the trainer, the promoter, the home crowd, the ring announcer, the hometown pundits, commentator and nearly everyone who watched it thought you lost, its a robbery...

only the ref and judges who were working for hearn, managed to keep rickys belt for him. he was outclassed

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:48 pm

One of those fights where I my self felt Ricky deserved to keep the belt for showing so much guts to fight with a dislocated Jaw, but at the same time it was an unfair result as Beltran did take more rounds and had the knock down.

Rematch would be good, would it be the same fight if Ricky did not have the pain of a dislocated Jaw though?

Im not sure if Boxing is corrupted with decisions like this or if home crowds do really play a part in the scoring sometimes. The judge who scored it a Draw kind of has an argument I guess if you favored Ricky allot in the close rounds but the one who scored Ricky winning must have been on something!

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

A fight can be a robbery if only one point is in it. Beltran clearly won at least 6 rounds, probably more. The ref was a shambles and the judging, especially the yank was a total and utter disgrace.

Not the worst robbery you'll see, but a poor decision.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by The Terror of Tylorstown Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

mobilemaster8 wrote:Again terror, mathysse won that.
He won by one solitary point and there is no case for Alexander to win but you going on about Burns being schooled, battered and it being the worst robbery of all time is over egging the pudding. Matthyse won as did Beltran but enough of the hyperbole when we see Abril jobbed, Lara jobbed, Marquez jobbed and Pacquiao himself jobbed, there are worse decisions all the time.

The Terror of Tylorstown

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

Nelson's comment really hit home: "Let's be honest with ourselves, if this were the other way around, we'd be going crazy"

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:50 pm

of course fights are fixed, and regularly. the judges are chosen by the governing body, who are paid by the promoters through sanctioning fees

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:Slight side note, it's almost midnight and we've just watched two grown men batter each other - WHY do they keep apologising for the language/swearing??!??!!

Yeah especially from a news media corporation that listens to the voice mails of dead children.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:54 pm

Hearn was glad that Ricky's jaw was fooked. Gave him the perfect excuse to ditch the cameras.

Just waitin on his interviews where he claims he had it a draw or Ricky by 1 round.

Disgustin decision. The fight wasnt close. How can a fight be close with one fighter throwing punches and the other one playing WWE and trying to do arm locks. Beltran controled the fight, looked the best. Ricky hadnt a clue what to do when Beltran got up close (ie: the whole fight).

116-111 is about right.

Congrats to Sky though for a great way to kick off the season, gives us plenty to talk about for the next week until the Mayweather fight ;-)
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Coola Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:57 pm

Ricky Burns is not the world champion anymore in my eyes and i'm sure alot of other people feel the same. The judges should be ashamed. Feel sorry for Beltran.

Eddie Hearn laughing all the way to the bank again, i'm really beginning to dislike him now, just as i do Frank Warren.

Coola

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sat 07 Sep 2013, 11:59 pm

Not the worst robbery of all time. I had it 115-112 Beltran.
Sometimes I think to avoid these type of scenarios that the away fighter needs to win the last round but he didn't so gives a reason for an excuse. As I say I scored it to Beltran anyway pretty clearly.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Wpwp86 Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:07 am

I don't think fights are are fixed. I think judges are swayed by home crowds. I am very niave maybe. But the judges misjudged this fight

Wpwp86

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:28 am

RanjitPatel wrote:Not the worst robbery of all time. I had it 115-112 Beltran.
Sometimes I think to avoid these type of scenarios that the away fighter needs to win the last round but he didn't so gives a reason for an excuse. As I say I scored it to Beltran anyway pretty clearly.

I thought the same. Beltran backed off in the last 2 rounds which was a mistake. He knows how political boxing is but maybe he didn't realize the sway silver tongued Eddie has. After that post fight interview Eddie can forget about peddling his "I'm one of the fans like you" line of crap in the future.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Sun 08 Sep 2013, 12:41 am

I agree. I cant see how there was a case for even a draw but can see bow there was ammunition from the last round for the judges to rob.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by KC Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:32 am

I may need to re-watch the fight as I had it a draw [alcohol or british bias?]

Thought that there were a number of close rounds where an argument could be made either way, so would argue that it was a robbery - it was too close to be called a robbery.

Also pretty sure that the Brit judge called it for Beltran so can't be called a home town decision either.

Burns looks ready to go - last two defences have been very shakey.

KC

Back to top Go down

Post by PPVxHOTTY Sun 08 Sep 2013, 1:47 am

Judging and result aside I was amazed at Burns lack of inside game, similar to Khan against Peterson he was clueless on the inside resorting to grappling and pushing like it was MMA. Just goes to show when you operate against C class fighters you're made to look good, when he came up against someone half decent he looked really poor. Im sure Burns was mentioned in same category as Broner a few months back lol that is just laughable.

PPVxHOTTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next