The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September

+33
Rory_Gallagher
justified sinner
Artful_Dodger
InjuredYetAgain
RDSguru
ME-109
The Boss
formerly known as Sam
Tramptastic
Portnoy's Complaint
Gibson
Pat_Mustard
asoreleftshoulder
Golden
alive555
funnyExiledScot
VinceWLB
LeinsterFan4life
thebandwagonsociety
Manky-Flanker
Mickado
jimbopip
luvtotup
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Jenifer McLadyboy
RDW
cakeordeath
GLove39
Captain_Sensible
Dorothy_Mantooth
George Carlin
37 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September - Page 6 Empty Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September

Post by George Carlin Mon 16 Sep 2013, 11:28 am

First topic message reminder :

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby

Friday 20th September 2013, KO 19:35
Scotstoun Stadium, Glasgow

Referee: Peter Fitzgibbon (IRFU, 48th competition game)
Assistant Referees: Neil Paterson, Adrian Graves (both SRU)
Citing Commissioner: Paul Minto (SRU)
TMO: Iain Ramage (SRU)

LIVE on BBC ALBA and TG4

A. Teams:

1. Glasgow monkey   
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Sean Lamont
13. Mark Bennett
12. Alex Dunbar
11. DTH van der Merwe
10. Ruaridh Jackson
9. Chris Cusiter (Captain)

1. Ryan Grant  
2. Pat MacArthur
3. Jon Welsh
4. Jonny Gray
5. Tim Swinson
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Richie Vernon

16. Dougie Hall
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Ed Kalman
19. James Eddie
20. Josh Strauss
21. Henry Pyrgos
22. Scott Wight
23. Byron McGuigan

2. Leinster guinness   
15: Ian Madigan
14: Dave Kearney
13: Brendan Macken
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Darragh Fanning
10: Jimmy Gopperth
9: Isaac Boss

1: Jack McGrath
2: Richardt Strauss
3: Mike Ross
4: Mike McCarthy
5: Tom Denton
6: Kevin McLaughlin
7: Shane Jennings CAPTAIN
8: Jordi Murphy

REPLACEMENTS:

16: Aaron Dundon
17: Cian Healy
18: Martin Moore
19: Devin Toner
20: Dominic Ryan
21: Eoin Reddan
22: Noel Reid
23: Rob Kearney

B. Form - head to head:

32 Played 32
8 Wins 23
23 Losses 8
1 Draws 1
60 Tries 88
39 Conversions 61
62 Penalties 86
3 Drop Goals 1
573 Points 823
25 Avg. Age 26

C. Form - last season:

Friday 23 November 2012, 19:35: Scotstoun
Glasgow Warriors 0 - 6 Leinster Rugby

Saturday 23 March 2013, 19:45: Royal Dublin Society
Leinster Rugby 22 - 17 Glasgow Warriors

Play Offs
Saturday 11 May 2013, 19:35: Royal Dublin Society
Leinster Rugby 17 - 15 Glasgow Warriors

D. Glasgow fans lexicon:

Time on these boards has demonstrated that Glasgow fans use an uncommonly broad selection of nicknames and slang to describe the various members of their team.

For those unfamiliar with this gibberish:

Alphabetty Spaghetti - D.T.H. van der Merwe, wing
Angel - Gabriel Ascarate, centre
Angela - Jon Welsh, prop
Barry - Byron McGuigan, wing
Big Boab - (see Ginger Tackle Monster, the)
Big Mike - (see Coo, the)
Big Naka - Leone Nakarawa, lock/loosie
Bluto - Josh Strauss, loosie/no.8
Centre, the - (see Lesser Messiah, the)
Coo, the - Michael Cusack, prop
Cooseetah - (see Cus)
Cus - Chris Cusiter, scrum half
DTH - (see Alphabetty Spaghetti)
Flippy - (see Toonie)
Fozzy - Christopher Fusaro, loosie
Furra Lineeeee - Peter Horne, centre
Ginger Tackle Monster, the - Rob Harley, loosie
Guns - Tim Swinson, lock
Henners - Henry Pyrgos, scrum half
Hoggy - Stuart Hogg, full back/wing/centre
Ickle Jon - Jonny Gray, lock
Jedi - James Eddie, loosie
Lesser Messiah, the - Richie Vernon, loosie/no.8
Mark of Nazareth - (see Messiah, the)
Meatball, the - Duncan Weir, fly half
Messiah, the/angel  - Mark Bennett, centre
Niko - Nikola Matawalu, scrum half
Niko's Mate - Jerry Yanuyanutawa, prop
No Maits - Sean Maitland, wing
Rhubarb - Ruaridh Jackson, fly half
Ruck Inspector, the - Alastair Kellock, lock
Schlong - Sean Lamont, centre/wing
Sherlock - Tyrone Holmes, loosie
Shrek - Gordon Reid, prop
Toonie - Gregor Peter John Townsend MBE, head coach
Wee P - Pat MacArthur, hooker
Weegie from Fiji, the - (see Niko)

Last edited by George Carlin on Thu 19 Sep 2013, 1:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September

Post by RDSguru Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:34 pm

Gibson wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU
Same for Dragons... Philatau Lead Vocal.. Very Happy

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September - Page 6 Empty Re: Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby, 20 September

Post by Gibson Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:38 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Fantastic win Glasgow, but Leinster shouldn't have been anywhere near a lbp from that game and I can't help but think it's going to make a difference at the end of the season.

Thought johnny gray was phenomenal - that was a Richie-like performance, which is a real compliment. Can you imagine them playing together?!
This is all part of the learning-curve to get to the Top. Big picture, end-of-season, nitty-gritty stuff, Leinster actually robbed Glasgow out there.

Well no, that's wrong actually, we had no say in it all. Glasgow robbed Glasgow out there.

But lads, ye won. As yer beloved Patron Saint - Maggie Thatcher,  would say at a time like this... "Rejoice!"

Well done lads. Enjoy the knowledge that ye are the real phhokin deal now. And not  just in the PRO12.

Its a really nice buzz eh? zen
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:42 pm

RDSguru wrote:[uote="Gibson"]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FmPhJkdTwU
Same for Dragons... Philatau Lead Vocal.. Very Happy[/quote]Love it bro. guinness

Going to watch Dragons in the Amlin, on Friday the 11th Oct. Going with a few lads off here. Prop, Rev, Luckless, Penfroo an ting.

Its the night before O's play Leinster in the HC.

Never been to Dave. Really looking forward to it man. Good to read you again RDS. You rock. guinness 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:48 pm

Loving this season. Reckon we should allow the English and French teams to join us?
Leinster boys - chin up. Think about the players you have to come back. And how much of a difference did Cian Healey make by the way? Quality player, yer man. But he injuries you got to Jennings and Lotof Tuquiri looked like they could be out for a wee while.
Weegies - have you guys conceded a try yet? And are we in danger of hyperbole about Little Johnny? He looks a chuffing good player and not like he is out of his depth. How old is he - 20?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:49 pm

I was looking forward to this match but switched to the Dragons and Scarlets at HT cause the match was so poor. Doesn't look like I missed much in the second half.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:52 pm

In the cold light of day, Artful, you are probably right. However, if you had an interest in the game it was exciting

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 20 Sep 2013, 9:59 pm

Treviso just thrashed Munster 27-17. Dragons hammer O's. Glasgow thrash Leinster(you had to see it).  Unreal.

The PRO12 is alive and rocking.

Come at us now ye greedy, unfeeling,  Franglais mudderphhokers.

We are the PRO12. We play sweet competitive rugby and win HCs on a regular basis an ting... And with a massive amount of home-based players as it happens. Is that maybe why ye are changing the rules now? Ja? Ok. Now I get it.  

Just not good enough to compete from your own massive natural resources. So, ye buy it in and sell out the very soul of it all to Corporations. Sounds familiar.

Its the Road To Fairyball. Rugby Hell. Gav will come back into fashion.

Ah well, it was always coming. Just thought...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:04 pm

Gibson wrote:Treviso just thrashed Munster 27-17. Dragons hammer O's. Glasgow thrash Leinster(you had to see it).  Unreal.

We are the PRO12. We play sweet competitive rugby and win HCs on a regular basis an ting... And with a massive amount of home-based players as it happens. Is that maybe why ye are changing the rules now? Ja? Ok. Now I get it.  

Just not good enough to compete from your own massive natural resources. So, ye buy it in and sell out the very soul of it all to Corporations. Sounds familiar.

Class as they say, is permanent. Pro 12 and Gibbo guinness

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:06 pm

Gibbo, hypothetically, if the Franglais clubs invited only the provinces to join in a new Euro League instead of the Heino, do you think the IRFU would go for it?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:08 pm

Gibson wrote:Treviso just thrashed Munster 27-17. Dragons hammer O's. Glasgow thrash Leinster(you had to see it).  Unreal.

Post of the year Gibbo.clap 

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:08 pm

Sorry - question not restricted to Gibbo. Apologies RDS, wasn't meaning to be rude. Welcome aboard - we haven't "spoken" yet but probably will. Love the way Leinster (and Ulster) play the game and love chewing the fat with their fans

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:10 pm

Zebre beat Blues away FFS!

Man, I'll have to leave off this high-level hash and beer mix. It distorts tings.

I do believe this league is already ahead  of the other two in terms of skill-levels and freedom of intent to play rugby.

The PRO12 Rocks!
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:10 pm

Post of the year Gibbo clap 

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by justified sinner Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:14 pm

That last post seems to have lost my input, meant to say, post of the year Gibbo.

justified sinner

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

justified sinner wrote:That last post seems to have lost my input, meant to say, post of the year Gibbo.

You did. But you put it inside the quote like this

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:15 pm

You are a man of few words, Sinner. Or is my iPad just knackered and not showing icons etc?

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:16 pm

Dominic Ryan looked very good when he came on I thought. As did Jordi Murphy again, he made two big turnovers in the last 10 minutes.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:19 pm

Just back from the game. First half I thought was 50/50ish, but Second forty was Glasgow's all the way and how we were hanging on at that final line-out is beyond me. Must admit, I thought we were going to get pay back for our robbery of Ulster last week.

That's first time we have won the first 3 games of the season in over a decade and that's 9 straight wins at home. Ok Leinster were not at full strength (either were we, granted not to the same degree), but few teams dominate Leinster like we did in the second half and that was only their second loss, in 20 games (or so they said on Radio).

Thought Cusiter was good and a massive improvement on Pygros. Backrow looked far better than it has and Gray Junior was very good. Scrum was solid enough and we made enough breaks to win the game. We denied Leinster quick and the work effort and defensive play was again second to none. Jackson in open playing, again had a good game.

Goal kicking is still a major issue, 17 points missed is unacceptable, granted a couple were difficult, but we really should be at least keeping the scoreboard ticking over. Suppose it leads to more attacking Rugby as by the end we were refusing kicks, where most would kick and going for the corner. Lineout is another problem.

Atmosphere was far better than the Cardiff, but I suppose so was the game and the weather.

Allez les Glasgow!

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by InjuredYetAgain Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:29 pm

Dot, Cusiter is an enigma. He did some things well but, like last week, he spent so long fudding about at the back of rucks that a counter ruck caused a turnover. Once the Wee Weegie from Fiji comes back, you will carry more threat. Outstanding job for the guy Taylor, your defence coach, though

InjuredYetAgain

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:35 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Dot, Cusiter is an enigma. He did some things well but, like last week, he spent so long fudding about at the back of rucks that a counter ruck caused a turnover. Once the Wee Weegie from Fiji comes back, you will carry more threat. Outstanding job for the guy Taylor, your defence coach, though
He is a backup to Niko, no doubt. But I thought he controlled the 2nd half tonight. yes at time he was too slow but he also found space for some crucial breaks and kept the defence honest, in a way Pygros simply doesn't. Got to remember as well, he has been out of the game for best part of a year.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by RDSguru Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:36 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Sorry - question not restricted to Gibbo. Apologies RDS, wasn't meaning to be rude. Welcome aboard - we haven't "spoken" yet but probably will. Love the way Leinster (and Ulster) play the game and love chewing the fat with their fans
Never even considered it rude! guinness

RDSguru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 20 Sep 2013, 10:49 pm

InjuredYetAgain wrote:Gibbo, hypothetically, if the Franglais clubs invited only the provinces to join in a new Euro League instead of the Heino, do you think the IRFU would go for it?
Hypothetically, mo chara? No. Nay. Never. The IRFU wont and should not budge. They may get isolated, but I would stand by them to the hilt on this. And I cant stand de D4 feicers most of the time.  

But they do have the love and the passion of spreading the game Worldwide in mind. They are busy doing it at home, credit to them for that. As well as minding their own arses mind,  in all fairness. Lets be honest here.  But. This kind of FranAnglo deal, goes against the very soul of  everything we all love about this game.

IF.

And this may get me in trouble with my Taff mates, but, I reckon they could possibly break the Celtic Union. Why? The English Attraction. They are obsessed with it.

Cymru needs to hold firm on this one. And remember their true roots.

Id put my life on the Scottish to just say phhokoff. Love it.

This is a key time for rugby union people. This is serious happening schitt right here. The outcome of this ERC/IRB/All the Celts&Ita.com  v FranAnglo joust, is so vital to the future of our game. The Evil Empire cannot win. Or maybe they already have. It brings a tear to me glass eye.  

Anyway, I'm a gobshoite. I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I just pray rugby wins, or at least slows it all down  in the end. So we can enjoy the beauty of it all, with smug faces, for a wee while longer.

I'd miss that.

For the Boys and Gals of Glasgae.
Feicin shin-kickers. At last. Cool 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CL80jFkLzQ0

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:11 pm

Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo 

And Jimbo my son - what do ya think of the Big Bluto fella now ?

Gibbo,
as always you are a true gent and I often wish I had a modicum of your magnanimity

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Fri 20 Sep 2013, 11:49 pm

Gibson, Jen, RDS, as ever it's a pleasure. I'd like to echo my esteemed compatriot Mr Schitz (Messers Pip, Asbo, Cake, Sensible et al aswell) and wish that I could be half the gentleman you are when Glasgow have lost.

When we lost the semi-final in May, I went off and walked 90 miles just to be away from people. Because, you see, those Leinster players were people, and the reminder was just too painful.

Which brings me to my current situation.

I'm currently sitting on the Glasgow-London Euston overnight train (having consumed a mere pint at Scotstoun - though the victory and my latest high-jinks with my mate's sister were enough to get me good and merry) to go and walk 20 miles around London in aid of the NSPCC. I'm doing it with my family, since I don't mind the sight of people any more.

If any of you saintly individuals want to donate (seriously, this is shameless), even if its a wee bit, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/Neil-MacGilp/

[polishes halo]

I'll also be live-tweeting throughout the day, mostly about how much my feet hurt, and how much I hate Londoners, so feel free to give me a follow. I'll try to come on here if Mr Jobs' Machine Of Wonder holds its battery for more than twenty minutes.

Anyway, I'm off to put my head down on a ScotRail pillow that smells of sweat and shame, so goodnight you princes of Scotstoun, you kings of New Lansdown (Road).
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:00 am

IanBru wrote:Gibson, Jen, RDS, as ever it's a pleasure. I'd like to echo my esteemed compatriot Mr Schitz (Messers Pip, Asbo, Cake, Sensible et al aswell) and wish that I could be half the gentleman you are when Glasgow have lost.

When we lost the semi-final in May, I went off and walked 90 miles just to be away from people. Because, you see, those Leinster players were people, and the reminder was just too painful.

Which brings me to my current situation.

I'm currently sitting on the Glasgow-London Euston overnight train (having consumed a mere pint at Scotstoun - though the victory and my latest high-jinks with my mate's sister were enough to get me good and merry) to go and walk 20 miles around London in aid of the NSPCC. I'm doing it with my family, since I don't mind the sight of people any more.

If any of you saintly individuals want to donate (seriously, this is shameless), even if its a wee bit, please visit https://www.justgiving.com/Neil-MacGilp/

[polishes halo]

I'll also be live-tweeting throughout the day, mostly about how much my feet hurt, and how much I hate Londoners, so feel free to give me a follow. I'll try to come on here if Mr Jobs' Machine Of Wonder holds its battery for more than twenty minutes.

Anyway, I'm off to put my head down on a ScotRail pillow that smells of sweat and shame, so goodnight you princes of Scotstoun, you kings of New Lansdown (Road).
Poetry. Sheer poetry.

Feicin Jocks. That's our province too.

For you Bru me darlin. Something  to ease the journey home, mo chara.

Believe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjmHXXnseMY
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:01 am

What's surprised me so far this season is the continuing ability of Schlong. He's 32 now but you wouldn't know it, he's still one of our best impact runners and always looks dangerous. I keep writing him off but by the looks of things he could be around for a few years yet.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Sat 21 Sep 2013, 8:23 am

An excellent result for Glasgow, important to get the Leinster hex of their backs. Still not quite clicking, but I think that's simply a sign of more to come. Leinster clearly missing a large number of big name players, but that was a vital win for the Glasgow wagons - rolling, rolling, rolling ...

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:03 am

Enjoyed the game and I thought Glasgow were excellent up until the point they got to the 22. Indeed I felt it was like us last week but instead of bombed tries you had missed kicks.

Even with my Irish hat on I was delighted when you got that 2nd try as it would have been a travesty to lost that game. Again the defence from Glasgow is something to behold. The tackling was simply superb. Many on here said it before the season but definitely the team to beat

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:17 am

Schiz, I have only one criticism of Bluto... he isn't SQ yet. What an impact the hairy man had. BTW you obviously did a number on Lotto the Queasy, you sly old fox.
Gibbo, you are an example to all of us magnanimous in defeat and warm of heart.
IanBru, how long are you in that London for? If you find yourself out Essex way let me know.
To the world the Weege are on the march. If this keeps up it's going to be a hell of a season.
Just one quibble; Swinson and Wee Jonnie have been outstanding but we are missing the Ruck Inspector, especially at lineout time. But what about Fozzie, what a performance.

Of message time. I have persuaded MrsPip that I have risen Lazurus like from the dead. Actually I persuaded her last night but the less said the better. Although she did see the funny side when I told her Jim Beam Honey was medicinal, it's got honey innit! I still can't make a fist properly (from the match against Lithuania not last night) and I have NOT (Doh) eaten for two days. What could go wrong?

Last edited by jimbopip on Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:01 am

Aye Jimbo,

the GRI curse worked well on Queasy. I fixed him with my steely gaze and he could not look me in the eye so I knew we would win it. Seriously he looked like he would rather be anywhere else on earth last night but Scotstoun. Forwards - all 13 used - were immense to a man. Bob Harley gets better and better as does Fozzy. Jacko very very lively and always made the good line breaks - kicking back to usual dross but that is being pernickety. If we had kicked all our pens/convs over the last 2 seasons we would have hammered every team in the league - and won a few more Heino games. Cest la vie, cest la guerre !

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:21 am

Still massively getting carried away with ickle johnny's performance - as I said last night it was Richie gray-esque, can you imagine two Richie gray's rampaging about the pitch??

We've got to keep our feet on the ground - the bloke is only 20 ffs - but he really looks the real deal and had the fitness to keep playing the whole 80.

Who do you drop when the ruck inspector returns?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:35 am

Swinson and Gray are surely first choice now. I'd expect the ruck inspector will have to wait for rotation.

Dan Parks back as a kicking coach, anyone?.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sat 21 Sep 2013, 10:50 am

Makes you wonder how good Glasgow would be if they had a Laidlaw-like goal kicker.

Saying that, you probably wouldn't go all our to get lots of tries if you had a reliable kicker!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Tramptastic Sat 21 Sep 2013, 11:12 am

What was most pleasing was that unlike Scotland when Glasgow decided to kick to touch and go for the try they generally got it - had the confidence to have a shot and the skills to get he try!

Tramptastic

Location : Edinburgh via Rockcliffe/Dalbeattie/Dumfries/The Wickerman Festival

Back to top Go down

Post by luvtotup Sat 21 Sep 2013, 12:01 pm

Still buzzing! What a great night at Scotstoun, the atmosphere was terrific and I thought that was a top quality game with two good sides giving no quarter and defences that make scoring tries nearly impossible. Someone posted it was dull and boring!! Fantastic to see masses of kids getting autographs and all the players mingling with them and the rest of the crowd afterwards , starting to create a real club spirit which it's pleasure to be part of.

luvtotup

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:47 pm

Ugh so frustrating,Glasgow were 15 points better than us but let themselves down with poor kicking.Considering how poorly we played/how well Glasgow played LBP is a great result for us.

I'd love to have the time to analyse just what it is that Glasgow do against us but this is the 3rd game in a row that they have made us look very average in attack.They seem to be set up perfectly to defend our style of play in a way no other team can.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sat 21 Sep 2013, 1:55 pm

Manky-Flanker wrote:Swinson and Gray are surely first choice now. I'd expect the ruck inspector will have to wait for rotation.

Dan Parks back as a kicking coach, anyone?.
Lineout not as good without Big Al K and his leadership was, at times, missing last night but these are niggardly points. Your point re Dan P is a good one - have we ever had a better kicker from tee or hand ?

Back to top Go down

Post by EST Sat 21 Sep 2013, 4:26 pm

Great stuff from the Warriors (and Warriors & Leinster posters on here). The defence right now is absolutely awesome and I have a feeling that the attacking combinations will start to click.

A few points:

Is this the season that Rhubarb Jackson finally starts dominating games the way we hoped he would when he burst onto the scene? I have been a big critic of his, but he has started well.

Midfield: I have massive hopes for the Dunbar/Bennett combination, we saw signs of them clicking last night, i'm looking forward to the partnership developing over the season.

Jonny Gray: What a performance. I had thought we might have seen him get the odd start and make the bulk of his appearances from the bench...what is that 3 full games, including pre-season? The fella is only 19 (he doesn't even turn 20 until March next year)!

Onwards and upwards for the Warriors, a very important result in terms of the teams development.

EST

Back to top Go down

Post by Manky-Flanker Sat 21 Sep 2013, 5:15 pm

After the excitment/emotions/palpitations of missing so many kicks at goal against Leinster and barely getting out of jail against Ulster, I have to admit it I find.....

.....watching Edinburgh a lot more pleasurable. If they do well and win, I can enjoy the improvement and what that means for Scotland, however, if they get absolutely horsed I find I can relax and have a discrete giggle at the spectacle of it all. devil all relatively stress free.

Manky-Flanker

Back to top Go down

Post by GLove39 Sat 21 Sep 2013, 9:11 pm

So after 3 rounds Glasgow top of the pro 12 with 0 tries conceded.
Edinburgh bottom with 12 tries conceded.
What a gap.

GLove39

https://www.youtube.com/user/GLove39

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789 Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:32 pm

If Johnson pick purely on form we may be seeing a Gray-Gray second row partnership sooner than we though.
I can't think of a single Edinburgh player playing better than his Glasgow counterpart and that's really worrying, against Japan we could easily see:

1. Grant
2. MacArthur
3. Murray
4. Gray
5. Gray
6. Brown
7. Barclay
8. Beattie
9. Cusiter
10. Jackson
11. Seymour
12. Dunbar
13. Bennett
14. Maitland
15. Hogg

Only Visser over Seymour is currently debatable with Ford and Scott out injured and Laidlaw off colour.

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:43 pm

Laidlaw has barely played all season and is injured.....how is that 'off colour'?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 22 Sep 2013, 3:55 pm

Have started a thread to compare and contrast and look for some solutions:
https://www.606v2.com/t48240-glasgow-and-edinburgh-let-s-review
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6