The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat"

+21
hogey
Lumbering_Jack
Mayweathers cellmate
tunes666
sparxz
compelling and rich
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Steffan
J.Benson II
Rodney
superflyweight
azania
Seanusarrilius
John Bloody Wayne
Mr Bounce
STC
TopHat24/7
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
catchweight
Strongback
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat" - Page 2 Empty David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat"

Post by Strongback Fri 27 Sep 2013, 3:47 pm

First topic message reminder :

Seems like David Price has decided to remerge after a period of reflection. He says he will appoint a new trainer in the coming weeks. He was part of the panel on Ringside last night.

Price suggested he would have two fights under his belt before the Haye v Fury clash and would be interested fighting Fury.

He spoke well and talked the talk. He mentioned the need to get things right psychologically.

So how do people see this comeback going and does he have any hope of beating Wilder?

Here's the Matchroom video.

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/8943228/ringside-extra-26th-september

Strongback

Back to top Go down

David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat" - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat"

Post by catchweight Sat 28 Sep 2013, 12:42 am

Continuing wouldnt have changed the result. But it would have indicated a level of determination that would make you think this guy wont give up, he will keep going, when the chips are down he can tough it out etc. At the moment to me it looks like that when things go against him and the going gets tough that he cant really handle it either physically or mentally. I wouldnt have much confidence in him being able to get through a hard fight. If he had kept going against Thompson even though he was inevitable going lose then it would make me think he is a guy who wont give up and can tough it out in the future if he has to. Even if he improves his conditioning and stamina its inevitable he will get tired again in the future at some point. Even the fittest of boxers get fatigued in hard fights.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat" - Page 2 Empty Re: David Price "I'd Fight Wilder In A Heartbeat"

Post by sittingringside Sat 28 Sep 2013, 2:31 am

To be fair, whilst I would have to say that I would expect Wilder to win, Price is a HUGE step up in class for him. Can shock people, things like that.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Sat 28 Sep 2013, 4:06 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:He was just too knackered. Mental toughness is important but that's no the reason he lost that fight. He could probably have made it another round then collapsed through exhaustion.
Serious stamina issues which can probably be rectified through the right training and pacing a fight.
I have a feeling Price may surprise a lot of people.
What makes me think allot of it was nervous energy is even when he spanked Thompson in the second round, the signs where there that he was tired, it was like he just wanted to KO him and get out of there and go home.. He came out in rnd three and it looked like he would stop him but he did not and just got weaker from then on.. his mind set was just not right. To be honest before the fight he was training with two trainers including Lewis who has not even proven him self as a trainer so it was probably not the best preparation for such an important fight.

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Sat 28 Sep 2013, 6:54 pm

Price has beaten better opponents than Wilder so far, and this would be an interesting match up. I don't want to big Price up too much. After all who has Thompson ever beaten to suggest he is world class? And Price is a league below him. But Wilder is yet to seriously test himself and Price would be a dangerous fight for him

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 29 Sep 2013, 4:57 pm

Very harsh to say Wilder sparks him within a split second. While that could very easily happen, Wilder hasn't fought anyone of note either and has looked just as good beating fighters just as poor as the fighters Price has been fighting.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2