The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues

+31
Jhamer25
stub
majesticimperialman
Trevor40
GLove39
nathan
whocares
Swperb
glamorganalun
Portnoy's Complaint
kingjohn7
DeludedOptimistorjustDave
BamBam
Bathman_in_London
No9
LeinsterFan4life
reallybored
The Saint
Cumbrian
VinceWLB
TJ
Coleman
wales606
Cardiff Dave
XR
Taffineastbourne
VietGwentRevisited
21st Century Schizoid Man
Comfort
LordDowlais
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
35 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues - Page 2 Empty HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm no George Carlin when it comes to setting up a new thread, but I thought I'd get one going for the other pool 2 match. It seems to me that both teams have had an indifferent start to the season, yet both seemed to hit their straps in their final game pre round 1, Cardiff Blues with a comfortable home win over Embra, and Exe putting Glaws to the sword at Kingsholm. Now admittedly Edinburgh have been pretty poor oppo this season, but equally Glaws were not on song yesterday, so perhaps we shouldn't read too much into either of these most recent encounters. Cardiff have now welcomed back their B&I Lions group, with strong displays from Jenkins, Warburton, Cuthbert and Halfpenny yesterday. For the Chiefs, DR Rob Baxter was delighted that at last his players delivered a full 80 minute performance, which has sadly been lacking season-to-date. All-in-all, this should lead to a pretty exciting encounter, both teams are an interesting blend of seasoned pros and promising youth (looking forward to the battle in the centres between Corey Allen and Sam Hill, two very exciting prospects) - can't wait to get back down to Sandy Park and soak up the atmosphere for this one

Chief

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues - Page 2 Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:26 pm

Can we not play the second half

I mean seriously, no team is going to benefit from it, the chiefs get a tougher game in training runs

Last edited by wales606 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues - Page 2 Empty Re: HC, Pool 2, Round 1: Exeter Chiefs vs Cardiff Blues

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Defensive coach would be going ape Poopie at half time

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:28 pm

IronMike wrote:Defensive coach would be going ape Poopie at half time
If Shaun Edwards was about, then the team would all be in an ambulance after the half time talk.
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Does Pies watch the games anymore? You can't watch this and say that these players are playing to the best of their ability. If you're a coach your job is to get the best out of your players ability and improve it. Our last two coaching set ups have set this team back so far. Why can't we just get a proper coaching set up. No more jobs for the boys, no more "met him down the pub he's a good guy!" We need a coach who has won at the highest level with a proven track record.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

Exeter playing some great rugby, they not going to lose this, if they take 5 players off to rest them.

As for the Blues, with the players they have, you have to seriously question why they can't perform as a team.

If Halfpenny stays at the Blues now, he will be mad... He needs to market himself now before his Lions performance is forgot, because staying at the shambles the Blues are becoming will slash his value more than a Michael Ball CD in a pound shop bargain bucket.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:29 pm

The Saint wrote:
LeinsterFan4life wrote:Strange that Copeland is not starting.
Quite strange when you consider that Copeland is a great player and Pretorious is garbage. Maybe a monkey makes the decisions...

Only Toulon to come after this.... I feel sorry for Blues! Be funny if bluesman was here right now...
I forgot about Toulon Erm 

What is the worst scoreline in HC history?

I guess we could make European history this season then...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Robbie Deans.

But on a serious note now, that half was laughable, probably the worst I've seen from the Blues in a long time. It's actually very tempting to switch it off now as the shame is just too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:30 pm

Wow, almost the perfect half for Exe, only the injury to Johnson a cause for concern. As for the pinks... They look as if they have never played together before. Great rugby from Exe though.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:31 pm

You have to give credit to Exeter. Its the speed with which they have attacked and the willingness to run from anywhere that has reaped rewards. No cagey kick tennis / sussing out the opposition - no just run the ball from everywhere and isolate Pinks players with the speed of the attack - get enough one on ones and someone will miss.

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:33 pm

TJ wrote:You have to give credit to Exeter.  Its the speed with which they have attacked and the willingness to run from anywhere that has reaped rewards.  No cagey kick tennis / sussing out the opposition - no just run the ball from everywhere and isolate Pinks players with the speed of the attack - get enough one on ones and everyone will miss.
Fixed that for you Wink

Chiefs have been great, some seriously good phase play and the backs have looked very good. Ewers is a big bloke!

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:35 pm

No sympathy for the Blues, what else do you expect from a team coached by Phil Davies?
Same old forwards who couldn't defend two years ago, this has been on the cards for while now, shame it has happened on the opening weekend of the HC with a bigger audience to watch the wheels fall off.

Peters pies and his fellow decision makers are proven useless, if i was a Cardiff fan i would demand a change at the top vote with your feet.

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:37 pm

Yes well played Exeter they can only play whats in front of them but to be fair with the lack of competing for the ball at the ruck and optional tackling any team would be making it look this easy.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:38 pm

The Chiefs have certainly been great. Their rise from ND1 to heineken cup rugby has been phenominal. They must have very good coaches and backers.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:41 pm

The Saint wrote:The Chiefs have certainly been great. Their rise from ND1 to heineken cup rugby has been phenominal. They must have very good coaches and backers.
I wish the Blues had very good coaches and backers mad 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I would just like the blues to play their hearts out now, show some form of pride

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:46 pm

I would just like the blues to play their hearts out now, show some form of pride

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:48 pm

*sings* Are you Edinburgh in disguise?

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:49 pm

How has Pretorius got a Wales cap? Wish Pies would sod off and take Davies with him.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:50 pm

Can't attack, can't defend, can't scrummage, can't win a lineout

Seriously, how are there 13 internationals on the pitch for the Blues?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by kingjohn7 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 pm

picard picard picard picard picard 

kingjohn7

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:52 pm

Cuthbert is the only player on the pitch for the Blues
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:53 pm

Harry is everywhere to be fair. He's not big but he's got huge desire. You can see why coaches like him.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:53 pm

IronMike wrote:I would just like the blues to play their hearts out now, show some form of pride
Agree.... But the fact is any professional player who doesn't do this every time they pull on their jersey should be ashamed of themselves...

Looking at this performance, and others by the Blues this season, you wonder how they manage to keep their Blues shirt, never mind the amount of international honours they have collectively.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Coleman wrote:Harry is everywhere to be fair. He's not big but he's got huge desire. You can see why coaches like him.
But he messes up pretty much everything

He runs around like a headless chicken but has no wingers instinct
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:55 pm

Cheer up boys. There's a whole management team putting the final coat of paint on at CAP as we speak.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:57 pm

wales606 wrote:
Coleman wrote:Harry is everywhere to be fair. He's not big but he's got huge desire. You can see why coaches like him.

He's not an awful player. I think he's got a lot more to come.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

I think I might start supporting the Scarlets....
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by glamorganalun Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

P Davies must go after this, the players he has but they do not perform. Pratchell is an open gate again.

glamorganalun

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:59 pm

The Blues will be at the HC final in the MS.

They'll be selling burgers to the fans at this rate :-(

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Was that Patch's man or Hewitts? Do they even know? Do we have a defensive system? Do they play Xbox all week before a game?

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:00 pm

Coleman wrote:
wales606 wrote:

He's not an awful player. I think he's got a lot more to come.
I'd rather we still have Tom James

He won't get a sniff of a Wales jersey now that Walker is fit and Jordan Williams has come through
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:01 pm

Coleman wrote:Was that Patch's man or Hewitts? Do they even know? Do we have a defensive system? Do they play Xbox all week before a game?
Defensive system Laugh Laugh Laugh 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

Consolation try from Williams

Back to top Go down

Post by DeludedOptimistorjustDave Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:02 pm

The amusing thing is nothing will be done! Phil will give his usual lines in his interview later whilst sucking the spit from either side of his tongue,
Pies man will still have that clueless stare of "i don't know where we went wrong?".
The sooner the Union own and control the regions the better for all of us.

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Very clever, well worked try there Rolling Eyes 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

On a side note, can't see Warburton or Halfpenny staying with the Blues much longer

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:03 pm

I'd rather still have Tom James as well. But unfortunately it would appear that the Brain Trust thought selling out top all time try scorer before he was past his best was a good idea. Maybe he asked for too much money I don't know. But he wasn’t in the Wales squad so we had him all year around.

COME BACK TIME ^_^

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:04 pm

DeludedOptimistorjustDave wrote:The amusing thing is nothing will be done! Phil will give his usual lines in his interview later whilst sucking the spit from either side of his tongue,
Pies man will still have that clueless stare of "i don't know where we went wrong?".
The sooner the Union own and control the regions the better for all of us.
Hopefully Richard Holland will get involved

There is already rumours Davies was given until November
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Looks like it was all a bluff by the Blues... They where only giving the Chiefs a head start....

They'll come back now and win by a Halfpenny 50m kick ...

:-)

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Swperb Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:05 pm

Why does Copeland not start? He is much better than Pretorius??
Swperb
Swperb

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:05 pm

James couldn't defend to save his life. No big loss when you have those guys in the backline. You just need a decent coach to instruct them.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:06 pm

Copeland already done more since coming on than Pretorious

Back to top Go down

Post by Swperb Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:06 pm

I rest my case
Swperb
Swperb

Back to top Go down

Post by VinceWLB Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

hahaha and Copeland isn't starting, this is a farce.

VinceWLB

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Would be nice if this was going to be another embra-racing type of come back Smile

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Another fantastically well worked try

Why on earth was Copeland and Andrews on the bench?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:07 pm

Swperb wrote:Why does Copeland not start? He is much better than Pretorius??
Because Pretorius is an international No.8.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

whocares wrote:Would be nice if this was going to be another embra-racing type of come back Smile
That was more of a continuing chance of lead, not a comeback from 40 points down!
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Coleman wrote:
Rolling Eyes 
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:09 pm

Whistle 
wales606 wrote:
Coleman wrote:
Rolling Eyes 

Last edited by Coleman on Sun Oct 13, 2013 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next