The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !!

+9
Lance
Boxtthis
milkyboy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
hampo17
TopHat24/7
Strongback
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !! Empty Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !!

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:39 am

Jmm gets stiffed off Manny in fight 1...............People clamor for Manny-Mayweather regardless...........

Bradley beats Manny.............Bradley beats Jmm................

If people accept JMM got stiffed off Manny.....and Manny didn't lose............Then Bradley didn't lose to Manny either !! RIGHT ????...After all Bradley-Manny was closer than JMM-Manny 1..........

So Bradley is the most deserving guy where Mayweather is concerned...........logic implies with wins over Manny and JMM........

After all Manny is 1-2...........anyway

Manny wants a fight get even with Bradley or JMM...............Or you don't get 50/50..........

Mayweather doesn't do sloppy seconds............for 50/50.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !! Empty Re: Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !!

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 11:59 am

picard 

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !! Empty Re: Mayweather vs Bradley........Comes before Manny !!

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:03 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jmm gets stiffed off Manny in fight 1...............People clamor for Manny-Mayweather regardless...........

Bradley beats Manny.............Bradley beats Jmm................

If people accept JMM got stiffed off Manny.....and Manny didn't lose............Then Bradley didn't lose to Manny either !! RIGHT ????...After all Bradley-Manny was closer than JMM-Manny 1..........

So Bradley is the most deserving guy where Mayweather is concerned...........logic implies with wins over Manny and JMM........

After all Manny is 1-2...........anyway

Manny wants a fight get even with Bradley or JMM...............Or you don't get 50/50..........

Mayweather doesn't do sloppy seconds............for 50/50.
That's where your agument falls flat on it's face, mate. The matchmakers don't operate using the same rationale as the rest of us

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm

I'll ignore the idiot....(hagler above Mayweather !! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ).......You're right Dave............Logic and boxing don't mix..

But Bradley is the rightful pretender............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:13 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'll ignore the idiot....(hagler above Mayweather !! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ).......You're right Dave............Logic and boxing don't mix..

But Bradley is the rightful pretender............
Why do you feel it's acceptable to label people who may not agree with you but who's views are valid (more so in most cases) idiots,?

That "topic" is total gibberish. It's nothing more than another of your surrepticious fluffing sessions.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:15 pm

Stay off my thread......You're a joke.........

"Louis beat greats in Braddock, Baer and sharkey"........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:23 pm

Mayweather is fighting Khan next on the 3rd of May. It's the worst kept secret in boxing. Khan can't help himself talking about it and insiders are starting to tweet its happening.

It's all about the money, money, money.............

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:26 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Stay off my thread......You're a joke.........

"Louis beat greats in Braddock, Baer and sharkey"........
Again, misquoting. I don't need to do that with you. Your quotes are ridiculous enough.

And your threads need me. Someone needs to pop that unfounded ego of yours.

Fluffer.

Last edited by hazharrison on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:29 pm

Bradley the most deserving but Khan brings the money, as does Pac.

Would like the Khan fight, at 147, reckon Khan could take a few early rounds if he's at his best, with Floyd taking over from the 4th and ko'ing him in the 10th.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:31 pm

Haz, Truss cut it out lads. Fed up of the constant whinge fest that's been going on lately.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

Khan's promoter is more realistic.........

Stupid for people to criticise Floyd for accepting a lesser percentage than he deserves........

Boxing is a business..............Manny is just a stick for the modern-haters to beat him with..

because there is nothing else...........OH YES CASTILLO........

robbo lost to Turpin didn't he ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:32 pm

Khan harder fight than Manny.......who JMM pancaked.....and who didn't beat JMM....and who Floyd owns......Khan fast......when was the last time Joe Louis fought a fast guy......Don Curry.....

Idiot.......

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

Hampo............If someone has Hagler above Mayweather.........Aren't they open to ridicule ??

Point taken though.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:33 pm

hampo171 wrote:Haz, Truss cut it out lads. Fed up of the constant whinge fest that's been going on lately.
Please don't lump me together with him. I post reasonable comments only for clown shoes over there to start hurling insults.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

Jmm sparked Manny.......So he should come before him too..........

The only reason guys like Haz want Manny......Is because they know Arum won't make the fight because of 50/50..........and it means they can keep him down and give them a reason to keep Jack sharkey higher..

With all this ducker crap.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Hampo............If someone has Hagler above Mayweather.........Aren't they open to ridicule ??

Point taken though.........
Why would anyone ridicule someone for having a reasonable view?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:35 pm

You came on to this thread and instead of debating the point, posted a stupid emoticon, and got a rise out of Truss.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:39 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Jmm sparked Manny.......So he should come before him too..........

The only reason guys like Haz want Manny......Is because they know Arum won't make the fight because of 50/50..........and it means they can keep him down and give them a reason to keep Jack sharkey higher..

With all this ducker crap.
I couldn't care less if Floyd fights Pacquiao. Fight's too late now. I have no agenda against Floyd the fighter -- don't care for him on a personal level -- but I merely point out facts. You're the poster who takes criticism of him to heart (resulting in insults and public meltdowns).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:43 pm

I couldn't care If you care less..

your opinion is in the 1%-I-Love-the-past category.......

Mayweather isn't great but Braddock is........I should care about an opinion like that ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:50 pm

Khan gets embarrassed...Im sorry but I've seen a few people make videos online predicting that because of Khan's speed, he has a chance against Mayweather. His hands are faster etc etc.....correct me if I'm wrong, but does Prescott, Garcia, Peterson (even with pellets) and Diaz all suffer with Khan's fast hands?? Granted he beat Diaz, but was on chicken legs a few times in that fight and went down hard. It took Garcia 3 rounds to time Khan and figure him out, how long would Floyd take??

I actually like Khan and think he will still pick up a few belts here and there, but to put him in with Floyd is just a payday for him, he has absolutely no chance...none!!!!
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:53 pm

Bradley is easily the most deserving and I reckon would cause Floyd the most problems.

Apart from the Provodnikov fight were Bradley got caught early and wasn't really the same throughout, the fact he took Alexander's speed and game away so well it made Alexander cry shows that he is a very tricky fighter.

I think Bradley has the best shot of beating Floyd.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:55 pm

No one has a chance against Mayweather apart from Bradley..........

who no doubt will be coming up next..after Khan !!.......

Forget 160.........Mayweather is a superfeather!!.........Duran didn't fight Spinks......and rightly so !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 12:59 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I couldn't care If you care less..

your opinion is in the 1%-I-Love-the-past category.......

Mayweather isn't great but Braddock is........I should care about an opinion like that ??
Who's opinion is that? Certainly isn't mine.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Bradley is easily the most deserving and I reckon would cause Floyd the most problems.

Apart from the Provodnikov fight were Bradley got caught early and wasn't really the same throughout, the fact he took Alexander's speed and game away so well it made Alexander cry shows that he is a very tricky fighter.

I think Bradley has the best shot of beating Floyd.
Agreed.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:00 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one has a chance against Mayweather apart from Bradley..........

Forget 160.........Mayweather is a superfeather!!.........Duran didn't fight Spinks......and rightly so !!
Another gem.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:01 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No one has a chance against Mayweather apart from Bradley..........

Another gem.
Who has a chance........MANNY ???........Must have been someone else I saw face down.......

Marquez "Mayweather beats Manny easily"........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:03 pm

Look Haz...Debate or sling it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Look Haz...Debate or sling it !!

I do debate. You merely throw insults and spout nonsense. I don't even know what this thread's supposed to be about.

Oh, yes. Floyd fluffing.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:14 pm

hampo171 wrote:You came on to this thread and instead of debating the point, posted a stupid emoticon, and got a rise out of Truss.  
What point? There isn't one. If emoticons are barred, take them off the site. Seriously, where did you come from?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:19 pm

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:Khan gets embarrassed...Im sorry but I've seen a few people make videos online predicting that because of Khan's speed, he has a chance against Mayweather. His hands are faster etc etc.....correct me if I'm wrong, but does Prescott, Garcia, Peterson (even with pellets) and Diaz all suffer with Khan's fast hands?? Granted he beat Diaz, but was on chicken legs a few times in that fight and went down hard. It took Garcia 3 rounds to time Khan and figure him out, how long would Floyd take??

I actually like Khan and think he will still pick up a few belts here and there, but to put him in with Floyd is just a payday for him, he has absolutely no chance...none!!!!
The most interesting aspect of Mayweather v Khan is whether Floyd can get his first proper KO since Hatton (2007).

There's glass chins and there's Hollywood glass chins. Hollywood glass being the stuff stuntmen use when jumping through plate glass windows.

Questions will be answered: How weak is Floyd's punching power and does Khan really have a Hollywood chin.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:23 pm

Looks like a fun filled Friday on the board.

Bradley is certainly the most deserving, but much as I admire him I don't think he has much to trouble floyd with. Khan and manny both provide a problem for floyd to solve. I don't doubt he can solve them, but more interesting to me.

You used to slate Bradley truss... Has he won you over?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:31 pm

hampo171 wrote:Haz, Truss cut it out lads. Fed up of the constant whinge fest that's been going on lately.
In fairness Hampo, Truss is attaining almost D4 levels of WUM/nut-huggerry with this rubbish now. We dealt with D4 by having a 'Manny bin' where all his articles could be dumped, maybe we need one for Floyd so other better/more relevant articles (including those by Truss himself) can flourish on the main page.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:33 pm

milkyboy wrote:
Yeh, funnily enough, just as the Ring elevated him to #3 p4p. Don't you remember the gloating self-serving thread dedicated to it?

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 1:52 pm

The only reason Khan is getting a look is in that he's possibly able to influence the Middle East market and the billions that are waiting to be spent on something other than Premier League football.

The reason Manny gets a look in is that he's still a massive ticket shifter and there's potential for him to extract billions from the Chinese market who I believe are about to dip their toes into the PPV pond.

The reason Bradley doesn't get a look in has nothing whatsoever to do with him posing a threat (Alvarez was supposed to do that and look what happened, however, Alvarez was used to exploited the Mexican market) Quite simply Bradley offers nothing in the way of increased revenue which is all that interests Mayweather.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:01 pm

DAVE667 wrote:The only reason Khan is getting a look is in that he's possibly able to influence the Middle East market and the billions that are waiting to be spent on something other than Premier League football.

The reason Manny gets a look in is that he's still a massive ticket shifter and there's potential for him to extract billions from the Chinese market who I believe are about to dip their toes into the PPV pond.

The reason Bradley doesn't get a look in has nothing whatsoever to do with him posing a threat (Alvarez was supposed to do that and look what happened, however, Alvarez was used to exploited the Mexican market) Quite simply Bradley offers nothing in the way of increased revenue which is all that interests Mayweather.
Reports are Manny v Rios did less than 500,000 PPV's.  Uncle Bob won't be talking young Emannuelle back east again any time soon.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:20 pm

I'd say Manny and Bradley are about neck and neck in terms of deserving the fight. Reasonable arguments either way would be fine with me.

Manny has tons more star power, brings much more revenue, etc, etc. It's also a more compelling storyline.

Then again, I agree that this thread seems to be another attempt to get a Floyd debate going. God knows why. Probably time for a 'Floyd is a great' single thread a la D4 and his 'Manny news'.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:28 pm

Doug Fischer, who sort of works for Golden Boy via Ring Magazine suggested last night that Mayweather would face Alvarez again before his Showtime deal is out.

I still feel GBP are bouncing about the Khan fight on social media -- convinced they check use to test the market. Alexander might get it yet (wouldn't be surprised to see him announced on Sunday).

Last edited by hazharrison on Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:33 pm

hazharrison wrote:Douf Fischer, who sort of works for Golden Boy via Ring Magazine suggested last night that Mayweather would face Alvarez again before his Showtime deal is out.

I still feel GBP are bouncing about the Khan fight on social media -- convinced they check use to test the market. Alexander might get it yet (wouldn't be surprised to see him announced on Sunday).

I think Khan's popularity particularly in the Muslim world means he brings a lot to the table. He's also easy meat for Floyd.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:50 pm

Who isn't........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:52 pm

Manny in 2008/09 when Floyd 'retired'.......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 2:57 pm

So was Leonard in 82 when he retired.......Reckon Ali beats Floyd too...

Wally..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:18 pm

Strongback wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:The only reason Khan is getting a look is in that he's possibly able to influence the Middle East market and the billions that are waiting to be spent on something other than Premier League football.

Reports are Manny v Rios did less than 500,000 PPV's.  Uncle Bob won't be talking young Emannuelle back east again any time soon.
Not fighting a no name like Rios....chances are Floyd/Manny is a whole 'nother story and half a million ppv buys is still half a million....

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 06 Dec 2013, 4:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
milkyboy wrote:
Yeh, funnily enough, just as the Ring elevated him to #3 p4p. Don't you remember the gloating self-serving thread dedicated to it?
The thread says he's more deserving...............Still think he's limited..Like Manny.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 06 Dec 2013, 5:41 pm

I will be more than happy if Bradley is his next fight. certainly beats a match up against Khan

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 06 Dec 2013, 8:25 pm

Maybe Bradley deserves it but I would rather see Bradley v Khan and Mayweather v Pacquiao

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:32 pm

If Mayweather is so far head and shoulders above Manny as you keep telling us, what are you worrying for ?
You seem absolutely petrified if Mayweather faces him, as a boxing fan it's pathetic you want the best matchups to happen, but this is another thread of please Floyd don't fight Manny in case you get hurt.

Who cares about Bradley v Floyd it's got as much appeal as a Johnny Nelson v James Waring rematch , you'll be telling us Lenny Daws deserves the fight before Manny next.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:35 pm

Rodney wrote:If Mayweather is so far head and shoulders above Manny as you keep telling us, what are you worrying for ?
You seem absolutely petrified if Mayweather faces him, as a boxing fan it's pathetic you want the best matchups to happen, but this is another thread of please Floyd don't fight Manny in case you get hurt.

Who cares about Bradley v Floyd it's got as much appeal as a Johnny Nelson v James Waring rematch , you'll be telling us Lenny Daws deserves the fight before Manny next.

Cheers Rodders
Spot on.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 06 Dec 2013, 9:42 pm

We must be old school Haz mate.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:08 pm

Rodney wrote:We must be old school Haz mate.

Cheers Rodders
Just been told on another thread that as I don't rate modern fighters as highly as some on here my views shouldn't be taken seriously. Wow. Some forum this one!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 06 Dec 2013, 10:36 pm

This truly is as vomit inducing as it comes.

Bradley vs Floyd is a complete stinker. Bradley clearly lost to Manny and offers nothing that would make the fight entertaining which is why we watch this sport.

I'm going to have to agree with Toppy here. We need a Floyd article where Truss can continually regurgitate his nauseating bile.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next