The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

+26
offload
Sin é
Ozzy3213
Preserved Killick
MBTGOG
SecretFly
Pete330v2
GunsGerms
WillyGilly
Notch
PenfroPete
Hookisms and Hyperbole
Jenifer McLadyboy
Gibson
aucklandlaurie
littleswannygirl
prop_lyd
Thomond
rodders
ChequeredJersey
perthshirepuma
Cari
MrsP
Luckless Pedestrian
Hound of Harrow
Pal Joey
30 posters

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by Pal Joey Thu 12 Dec 2013, 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hello and welcome to the Virtual Rugby Pub, a place where you can come in for a sly beverage and discuss whatever's on your mind, or just eavesdrop on the regulars if you fancy a break from all the rugby chat.

The pub has made its way to Galway, the Fort at the Mouth of the Stony River.

So grab a beer, cider, whiskey or wine.... or a warm beverage and sit back and enjoy the upcoming 2014 Six Nations rugby season.

Whisky guinness HugAle Yahoo  music  clap  Chef coffee cuppacake Very Happy  RedWine  laughing  cider  guinness 

The only rule in this pub is one of mutual respect for everyone in it, oh and no tampering with the pictures of the legendary
Nelson Mandela along with Charlie Hayter, Rhys Patchell, The Saw Doctors, Kieran Read and Matthew Screech.  

Guests are invited to chance their arm at our newly renovated dartboards featuring caricatures of Roger Lewis and Oliver Cromwell.  devil 

last Pawb: https://www.606v2.com/t47772-the-dew-drop-inn-virtual-rugby-pub-trebanog

Last edited by Linebreaker on Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:16 am; edited 2 times in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by prop_lyd Thu 19 Dec 2013, 9:37 pm

Evening all, starting to feel Christmassy now and off to the Blues-O's game tomorrow which should be a good'un I hope, although the ticket was free so can't complain!

Only 3 more days in work to go till the big ho ho ho!!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 20 Dec 2013, 2:03 am

Did you hear about the Apollo theatre? Terrible news and my wishes to anyone who knows someone in the accident. My family and I went to the theatre tonight and nearly picked that show, which is a really scary thought
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Fri 20 Dec 2013, 8:20 am

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 20 Dec 2013, 6:36 pm

Blydi hell CJ, glad you chose a different theatre. And fortunately, it wasn't a full-on balcony collapse like they were reporting.

Enjoy the game, Prop. As a neutral I want the Blues to win, but as a Dragons fan, with our head-to-heads coming up...!

Oh, did I tell you all? I'm starting a new job in the new year. I'll be working in journalism. Finally, a ladder I want to climb! Smile

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Fri 20 Dec 2013, 8:51 pm

Oh that's fantastic news Lucky, congratulations Bubbly and best of luck on your journey up them rungs! Smile

Just waiting for the rugby to finish then I'm away to sleep, at this time on a Friday night! Shocked Absolutely done in Erm
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Sat 21 Dec 2013, 10:16 am

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Oh, did I tell you all? I'm starting a new job in the new year. I'll be working in journalism. Finally, a ladder I want to climb! Smile

Good luck Lucky....It's tough selling the big issue in this weather.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Sat 21 Dec 2013, 11:15 am

Morning campers!

Lucky!!! That is such great news. Any details???

Good luck with it!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 21 Dec 2013, 11:33 am

Good luck in your new career, lucky.

Morning all. The skies are darkening and heavy rain is expected. This can only mean a Wasps home game. Yup , time to get our usual mauling from the Saints pack.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 21 Dec 2013, 11:37 am

You're so lucky Hound.
We've only had about 4 drops of rain here... about an hour ago. Stupidly hot here yesterday.
My thermometer broke when it reached "50" (out of the shade). My experiment failed!
It's a bit 'cooler' this evening though.

All the best with your new job, Lucky.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 21 Dec 2013, 11:57 am

Hi Lb. It's just been one of those seasons where it seems to rain at every home game. It just means that teams kick the leather off the ball because it's too risky to run it.

Boring stuff.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 21 Dec 2013, 12:21 pm

Think I need to review my superbru tips. Low risk rugby usually means lower scores.

I'm too bloody generous with the points difference sometimes!  Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 21 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

Shoot. Lost to the last kick.

We missed three kick and Helu knocked on with the line at our mercy. Only ourselves to blame I guess, though I felt Saints conned the ref into giving that last penalty on our own scrum.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 21 Dec 2013, 5:53 pm

To add insult to injury the bus back to the station broke down and we had to walk 3/4 of a mile in a downpour.

Plus some some a-hole in a people carrier accelerated through a massive puddle and soaked a load of us. If I could have caught up with him his wagon would have had a few dents in it.

Proper mad

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 22 Dec 2013, 6:59 am

prop_lyd wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:

Good luck Lucky....It's tough selling the big issue in this weather.

That's actually a good one, Prop. Who did you nick it from? Wink

MrsP, I'll be working as a planner for the parent company of the local paper. I'll be working on three or four papers a week, getting the format ready for the content to go into. A lot of learning on the job, but I'm looking forward to it.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 22 Dec 2013, 7:00 am

Hound of Harrow wrote:Shoot. Lost to the last kick.

So did we, Hound. Damn that Dan Parks!

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sun 22 Dec 2013, 12:47 pm

So is it the South Wales Argus you'll be working for lucky?

Hard lines with the rugby btw.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 22 Dec 2013, 9:09 pm

The Argus and a few other papers.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by littleswannygirl Sun 22 Dec 2013, 9:44 pm

When do you start Lucky? Hope it's soon for your sake, really hard to keep motivated in a job you know you're leaving, especially at this time of year.

I've got to work tomorrow and Christmas Eve but am really hoping I can take some time owing and finish early tomorrow! Christmas + Sharpey's birthday = busy! Erm And it's a big birthday, he's 50 on January 4th, and I am in fear of a midlife crisis! If it materialises it'll be in the form of a Mark II Jag!
littleswannygirl
littleswannygirl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Mon 23 Dec 2013, 7:01 pm

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3602195817 Evening All,

A very Merry Christmas to you all.  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3845856932  I'm home alone for it this year, but that's not as bad as it sounds.  I'll be working tomorrow, home, then out with my friend on Boxing Day.  I'm looking forward to a rest and some peace.

The only bummer is that I have to get Dyno-rod out at the end of December and it'll cost me £120 at least.  Why do these things happen at Xmas? The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3181402168 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Mon 23 Dec 2013, 8:32 pm

Evening Cari. What's with the Dyno Rod call out? Depending on what the problem is you can often sort out blocked pipes/drains with caustic soda (sodium hydroxide). You just have to be careful how you use the stuff - do not get it on your skin!

If it's inside the house, open the windows because the fumes can be pretty nasty.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 24 Dec 2013, 3:13 pm

Nadolig Llawen !!! The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3602195817 

Just reading back a bit a) Great news Lucky B) 'Mr Muscle Drain Cleaner' Cari !! C)best of luck with Sharpey's 50 th Swanny
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Tue 24 Dec 2013, 6:22 pm

Thanks  Dog 

Apparently it's recommended to avoid chemicals if possible. Penfro - can't use that in loos apparently (says on the bottle). I think I might have sorted it using a 3 metre waste pipe bendy metal rod anyway - a stinky messy job. The important thing is that it's not a problem with the main pipe (I checked outside in the manhole) and the loo can be flushed. I'll keep an eye on it, but it seems to have subsided for now, although the water still goes a little bit higher than usual when the loo is flushed and then it drains away slowly.

Anyway, Merry Christmas Everyone!  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3602195817 

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 24 Dec 2013, 9:27 pm

wine, sox, deodorant, wine, chocolates, wine,

do these people think Im some kind of Pzzhead...

Merry Christmas everyone...

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Wed 25 Dec 2013, 12:27 am

Pressies all under the tree. Stockings filled. Kids asleep?????

Port and shortbread consumed in a Santa like fashion. Carrot bitten in a Rudolf like manner.

Operation Christmas is go!!!

Merry Christmas everyone.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3602195817 

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 25 Dec 2013, 1:16 am

Merry Christmas folks. Ecclefechan tarts are in the hoose and it's all primed to go.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3845856932

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 25 Dec 2013, 2:55 am

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3602195817
Wishing everyone in the Pub a very Merry Christmas.
It's been raining lightly all day.... makes a nice change from the oppressive heat this week.

Just about to sit down for some turkey with all the trappings.

The media are not letting up with even more stories emerging about this current Ashes Series. Cookie giving a talk now. I wish they would just keep quiet for a few hours. It's all a bit much really... only adding more fuel to the fire.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Wed 25 Dec 2013, 10:43 am

Happy Christmas all!  The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub, Cathair na Gaillimhe - Page 3 3845856932  

I can't wait for me dinner later.  Might have to make a start on it soon!Drool

Breaker - the weather's calmed down here for now thankfully - although it still sounds windy out. The sun's been out and sky's blue at the moment. I spare a thought for those spending today in leisure centres because they've been evacuated due to flooding; and those who are fortunate to still be in their homes, but have no electric.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Thu 26 Dec 2013, 10:24 am

Festive water coming up through the kitchen floor on Christmas morning - land drain blocked! Up to my shoulder in freezing water clearing it out was not a good start to the day. But the rest of the day was great - hope you all had a good one! XX

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 26 Dec 2013, 4:12 pm

Happy Boxing Day pub. I'm glad you got that drain sorted out, puma.

I was out for the count at about 18:45 yesterday, and I didn't have a drink indoors!

Looking forward to Big Game 6 (Quins v Chief) on Saturday at Twickenham. That's always a good day out. Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu 26 Dec 2013, 5:37 pm

Evening All,

Happy Boxing Day. It's been a very happy one for me as the O's won the West Wales derby. Although the score doesn't look much, the game was end-to-end intensity. Just what you'd expect from a local derby. I'm watching the East Wales derby now - Dragons v Blues. A couple of decent tries from both teams so far and the Dragons lead by three.

Puma - you have my sympathy with the drainage problem...my toilet did my head in!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Thu 26 Dec 2013, 6:14 pm

Happy Boxing Day, amigos. So, walking down the road to the pub yesterday, met with my neighbour coming back to put his family turkey in the oven. We had a brief chat about the first leg of the Edi v Weege games and we ended up wagering £1 on the outcome. And I've won! Well played, Warriors! Bloody awful game though. Dragons v Blues is turning out to be quite exciting.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri 27 Dec 2013, 1:41 pm

I saw the W. W. derby. It was hi tempo stuff with some entertaining rugby and a few howlers. Defences on top for the most part, but both teams ran the ball to try and find a way through.

Lunchtime, so laters folks.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 27 Dec 2013, 4:34 pm

Hope all the regs had a great Christmas. Here's looking forward to a great year for the lot of us.

Great news Lucky. You have a great way with words mate. You will fly in a professional environment.

Just please dont turn into Stephen Jones...     Ale 

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Sat 28 Dec 2013, 1:29 pm

Hope we all had a good festive season. Got to have a quick chat with Stag and Dreamer last week in my dressed down attire (it was a freezing cold day and after watching my sister for the day I hadn't time to change from the track pants, I did enjoy watching Toy Story again though)

Maybe you people aren't as crazy as I thought.........

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Dec 2013, 1:45 pm

hey guys Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 28 Dec 2013, 4:38 pm

Nick Evans having a bad day with the boot, CJ

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sat 28 Dec 2013, 4:38 pm

CF, sorry! Not CJ. Oops.

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by perthshirepuma Sun 29 Dec 2013, 9:22 am

Oh dear. Just heard that the ferry that caught fire in the North Sea last night is the one that my sister and brother-in-law were aboard on their way back to Switzerland. They are now back in Newcastle, waiting to hear when they will be allowed to sail again. Hope it is before the next storm hits tonight!

perthshirepuma

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 29 Dec 2013, 3:56 pm

Afternoon folks, just popping in for a swift half (of cognac) and to see how everyone is.

I really enjoyed the Dragons - Blues game, the place was packed and the atmosphere reflected that. I took my dad and we sat in the Hazell Stand, the roar when the Dragons attacked - or the Blues knocked on - was something else. He's talking about getting a season ticket for next season; the sad thing is that there's no guarantee the Dragons will exist this time next year.  Crying or Very sad 

Thanks, Gibbo. I'm looking forward to getting started.  guinness

We won't mention the cricket, if that's okay...  furious

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

I like to sing (as do the usual suspects), but it always so much more special in the derby games. I certainly found myself more up for it, but in turn I also felt really flat after halftime when my nerves kicked in and for some reason I feared the worse. Was great though and clearly meant a lot to the players judging by how they walked the length of the pitch to thank everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

It's a shame that it won't happen again now this season too. We won't have flat atmosphere's there really, but no fantastic ones now we haven't got the winner takes all v Bath and we have to play that poxy game in the Millennium Stadium again. None of our remaining home games are that exciting

Bath is a bit meh now, Saints LV, Embra and Glasgow during the Six Nations, Connacht and Treviso.

Nothing much there is there (albeit we could in theory win them all).

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 31 Dec 2013, 5:12 am

Wishing everyone a fabulous New Year and a successful 2014.  Bubbly 

Just checking out the options to get home from a mate's pad near the bridge. It should be spectacular
(Reg Mombassa theme this year... sort of Oz suburbia-Pop Art) - I'll post some snaps up when I get back.

Damn train timetables... it will be hell trying to get back home along with 1.5m others. Forget taxis.
I'm tossing up the idea of being naughty and parking the car a few stops away... hopping on the train... then slipping out by car later... but I'd better not, right?
What if I'm  RedWine  or  Shocked and on the way to  vomit ?
I'm not really a huge drinker these days but when you get amongst some old buddies it's easy to get carried away and drink more than you realise.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 8:12 am

I didn't even realise till late last night that New Year's Eve was tonight. It was only when my wife asked what am I drinking tomorrow that I realised (after at first asking why I would be drinking).

Guess I'm not really bothered now I don't go out for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 31 Dec 2013, 8:14 am

On the upside, one more day till hospitality at Cardiff Arms Park for our derby and then the darts final (which I have enjoyed).

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Tue 31 Dec 2013, 10:33 am

Hospitality at the Arms Park? How did you wangle that?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 31 Dec 2013, 1:51 pm

PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Tue 31 Dec 2013, 6:36 pm

Happy New Year everyone, from a sunny blue skied Auckland.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:40 am

What year is it?  guinness
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 01 Jan 2014, 5:46 am

If you believe the jukebox, it's the year 2525. guinness 

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Wed 01 Jan 2014, 6:59 am

Are wimmin still alive? If not, Im toppin meself right now.

No offence to geezers like.

Its been a long wonderful day,  night and day. Need to lay me down to slaap.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUs-QT6a2gA

Nite Lucky man. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next