The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter

+12
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Gerry SA
TopHat24/7
Izzi
kingraf
hampo17
Rodney
hazharrison
catchweight
Rowley
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter - Page 3 Empty Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 11:12 am

First topic message reminder :

The CSAC has declined to support Robert ''the Ghost'' Guerrero in his effort to break from his contract with GDP.

Rightfully so. Who does Robert think he is?

1 fight with a proper elite name (which he did not deserve) and he EXPECTS to fight in only big fights WTF!

He was never that good. 1 level up from journeyman status. Now he is not interested in fighting on undercards and wants out. Terrible example these so called warriors send out. Its ALL about money now and proving yourself is not important.

Khan on the other hand will take a year out of fighting so he can land the fight he so badly wants.....Mayweather.

WHAT! after going life and death with a Tijauna milkman like Diaz???

Surely Khan wants to take another fight against a respected name to reassure fight fans that he is deserving of a shot at FMJ? Noooo not a chance heading for the dollor signs.

Terrible state of affairs.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter - Page 3 Empty Re: Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm

No offence but.....You're a d**k and I don't care what you think..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter - Page 3 Empty Re: Guerrero and Khan typical of modern fighter

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:25 pm

The ring magazine rankings because if you're now using something else we can ignore Guerrero being a p4p fighter.

The official record says Peterson SD12 Khan, it has not been changed to a no contest and is just as contentious as Bradley beating Pacquiao there is no two ways of looking at it.

Get your head around this Truss, Garcia is an American GBP fighter who isn't as highly regarded by any publication as Carl Froch, the same Froch who was outclassed by Ward. Says everything you need to know about Garcia.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:29 pm

Get your head around this Matthyse was in most peoples top 10s....as was Khan and Judah is a good win also......

I was talking about most peoples top 10s on here on the thread sometime back.....

The Ring.......Don't start going on like Haz........There rankings are bad enough..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:30 pm

No offence...

laughing
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:31 pm

You were using the ring as gospel when they had Guerrero and Mosley inside the top ten p4p Truss, suddenly changed your tune now that Garcia isn't and it doesn't suit your argument.

If you wish to use general consensus on this site then also appreciate that the general consensus is that Khan is a crap opponent for Mayweather.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:32 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:No offence but.....You're a d**k and I don't care what you think..

And with that highly informative retort designed to stir debate I'm off.

Put your toys away is quite a literal saying for your mental age based on the above.

Have a good weekend all. If you're old enough hope the beers go down well. In Truss's case the ribena

Ciao

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:35 pm

Why is he a crap opponent......But you're happy for Macklin and barker who have never beat anybody ......to fight Martinez......??

Answer me that and I'll agree with you.........Who'd they beat ??.......and why was nobody moaning about GGG v macklin and Geale vs Barker ???

Double standards Mate..

Khan is a bad opponent because he loses to Mayweather!!! and you desperately want money to lose.....

PS ......Don't moan about me using Guerrero as p4p number 8 in the future...right ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:40 pm

Funny thing about form..........When Biggs was being hammered off a plodder like Bey.....and won...

Nobody cared about form........It was about the win......

Khan is 2-1 in his comeback...........Manny is 1-2.......in his last 3...

Honey only got interested in starling after he hit the deck against Molinares.....and LOST..

no one moaned about Honey-Starling......

If Khan was fighting Provo would you'd be saying it was a quality matchup.....

Double standards and you know it !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:45 pm

Izzi wrote:Didn't just lose Truss got repeatedly wobbled and dropped. It was a one sided easy for Garcia. And a 1-2 round feeling out session by Garcia doesn't count as Khan bossing or any of that nonsense.

Apparently you didn't watch the fight

Also lost to Peterson who is beyond average and got smashed to brown rat turd against Mathysse!

NEWSFLASH: fighter off juice less potent than fighter on juice!

Yup. He as great form. Barely got past a shot LW in his last fight who was never even that good at the lower weight!!!

Give me strength

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:46 pm

kingraf wrote:Hardly semantics... Its a completely different statement.

Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:47 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh

Usual contribution...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
The Ring.......Don't start going on like Haz........There rankings are bad enough..

But they were spot on when it allowed you to big up RG as some kind of 'p4p' top oppo?? Rolling Eyes

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

I'm not interested in arguing with you Mate......and that's what you are after...

I don't feel CHALLENGED by you.. Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

Laugh

Usual contribution...

How do you normally respond to something funny, tighten the cilice??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm not interested in arguing with you Mate......and that's what you are after...

I don't feel CHALLENGED by you.. Cool 

Nobody cares what you feel Trussy, sorry, everyone rather laughs at your transparency.

Ring ranks RG in p4p10 - "Ring is great, respected, historic, proves this is/was a massive fight for Floyd and serious challenge"

Ring doesn't rank DG in p4p10 - "Don't get me started on that rubbish publication and its meaningless rankings..."

laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:52 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The ring magazine rankings because if you're now using something else we can ignore Guerrero being a p4p fighter.

The official record says Peterson SD12 Khan, it has not been changed to a no contest and is just as contentious as Bradley beating Pacquiao there is no two ways of looking at it.

Get your head around this Truss, Garcia is an American GBP fighter who isn't as highly regarded by any publication as Carl Froch, the same Froch who was outclassed by Ward. Says everything you need to know about Garcia.

Official record says Ramirez w12 whittaker....Nice argument.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:57 pm

I'm not seeing where it says no contest Truss, if Khan didn't lose to Peterson then Pacquiao didn't lose to Bradley.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 5:59 pm

You are being pedantic Hammer and you are better than that.......

Don't see where it says whittaker w12 Ramirez in 1987.......But we all know what is right....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:00 pm

I think those are two different scenarios HH.

LP's win over Khan should be an NC as he was juiced. Whereas Pac won almost every round versus Bradley, only to get screwed on the cards.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:03 pm

CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE PEDS PETERSON USED HELPED HIM AGAINST KHAN?????

PETERSON DID NOT LOOK OUTSTANDING THAT NIGHT DID HE?

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP USING THIS AS AN EXCUSE

KHAN LOST PURE AND SIMPLE IF HE WAS BETTER HE WOULD HAVE WON.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:04 pm

When I read this thread I can just imagine you lot in a pub being held back shoutin over the top of each other.

Chillllllll out
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Macklin gave sergio a good fight and that makes him deserving......

Khan has beaten Maidana, Judah and Paulie who are all still at the top of the game and was beating Garcia when he was caught !!!!!

Listen to yourself.......

It's a completely different statement Kingy but you mentioned Alvarez wasn't ready......

Trying to spin a good victory before It was attained......But I will half retract my statement I made earlier.....

Macklin should have been a world champion by the time he had fought Martinez after being shafted by the judges. So yes, a guy who should have been a world champ and who lost a close fight against the BEST middleweight and long time p4p ranked fighter in Martinez was more deserving than a guy who's best win will be three years ago and has since been stopped inside 4 and nearly beaten by a journeyman. Macklin was on par with Martinez before he was caught but at least he made it to the 11th round unlike Khan who could barely make it out of the 3rd

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE PEDS PETERSON USED HELPED HIM AGAINST KHAN?????

Mate have you seen the film...One flew over the Cuckoo's nest ??

If we were in a pub Tophat's voice would be drowned out.... Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:05 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW THE PEDS PETERSON USED HELPED HIM AGAINST KHAN?????

He had the strength and endurance to never stop coming forwards, looking stronger and more durable than ever before.

Two qualities that departed him when he next fought, off the juice.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:07 pm

We aren't talking could haves are we.........WHU

I could have been president....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:09 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

He had the strength and endurance to never stop coming forwards, looking stronger and more durable than ever before.

Two qualities that departed him when he next fought, off the juice.

He fought Khan for a title

he had to fight harder but its was the same old Peterson. Khan is just average. Negate his speed and he has no buiness being in a ring.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:10 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:We aren't talking could haves are we.........WHU

I could have been president....

But I didn't say could have.........

I said should have

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:12 pm

Guys...It's easy to deride any fighters record and opposition......I could play with Lewis record all day......Holy had lost to Bowe twice and moorer.......Tyson was finished etc....

At the end of the day Khan is a highly skilled fighter who has outboxed everybody he's been in with.......Hammer is being naughty because If I recall he had khan winning that Petersen fight as almost everyone else did..

Fact is you guys are blinded by the fact you want to see Mayweather beaten....That you'll spin every decent opponent he faces If he hasn't the style to win...

Look at yourselves and try to be more objective like me... Cool 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:14 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I think those are two different scenarios HH.

LP's win over Khan should be an NC as he was juiced.  Whereas Pac won almost every round versus Bradley, only to get screwed on the cards.

Different scenarios but we all know what the outcomes should have been, I just don't like the hypocrisy of using Bradley against Pacman and then in the same breath ignoring Peterson.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:18 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Guys...It's easy to deride any fighters record and opposition......I could play with Lewis record all day......Holy had lost to Bowe twice and moorer.......Tyson was finished etc....

At the end of the day Khan is a highly skilled fighter who has outboxed everybody he's been in with.......Hammer is being naughty because If I recall he had khan winning that Petersen fight as almost everyone else did..

Fact is you guys are blinded by the fact you want to see Mayweather beaten....That you'll spin every decent opponent he faces If he hasn't the style to win...

Look at yourselves and try to be more objective like me... Cool 

I am done after reading that.

TOSH

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:21 pm

Who hasn't he outboxed......You muppet...

He was beating Garcia.......He outboxed Petersen......

who outboxed him...........No one outboxed Hearns in his prime but he lost..

Then again It's ONETWO....so why am I bothering

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Who hasn't he outboxed......You muppet...

He was beating Garcia.......He outboxed Petersen......

who outboxed him...........No one outboxed Hearns in his prime but he lost..

Then again It's ONETWO....so why am I bothering

How did Khan manage to outbox an opponant for 1 and a half rounds?

in a fight he lost.

Stupid view of that fight. It seems people who state such rubbish are not giving Garcia the credit he deserves.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:31 pm

Look khan was outboxing Garcia.......The only chance Garcia had was to catch him and he did..and fairplay........like Tommy before him Khan is a difficult guy to outbox...Great jab and very tall..

Now I want you to read what I've written three times....drink it in........and then have a good weekend....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:33 pm

the issue with giving khan credit for the Garcia fight is that Garcia went in with a clear plan and it came off. he wasn't being mauled and then landed a hail Mary. he picked a tactic and nailed it
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:34 pm

Past achievements doesn't mean he deserves the fight

By al accounts, the guy who beat the likes of Maidana, Paulie and Judah isn't there anymore or he would have cruised past Diaz

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:35 pm

giving khan credit for winning a few rounds vs Garcia is like rewarding a general for walking into an ambush

Last edited by kingraf on Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : guy)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 17 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

switched on the telly to see Floyd getting a benefit night, in south Africa!!! guess he really is a once in a generation fighter,
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 17 Jan 2014, 7:59 pm

Yeah good point Truss, Khan has never been outboxed. Apart from the time when those boxers rendered him unconscious on the floor.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 18 Jan 2014, 7:55 pm

https://www.606v2.com/t47455-amir-khan-what-is-the-point-of-this-guy?highlight=point+to+this+guy

Truss' opinion of Khan when he is looking unlikely to fight him.

by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 am

.Khan isn't an American fan favorite............Hence fighting in front of a tiny crowd in Washington against petersen...

He's a perennial loser too..

Should come back here until he sorts out his account...

Now he's mooted as a true opponent, he's good as gold and has a great record, no longer a perennial loser?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Sat 18 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:https://www.606v2.com/t47455-amir-khan-what-is-the-point-of-this-guy?highlight=point+to+this+guy

Truss' opinion of Khan when he is looking unlikely to fight him.

by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:29 am

.Khan isn't an American fan favorite............Hence fighting in front of a tiny crowd in Washington against petersen...

He's a perennial loser too..

Should come back here until he sorts out his account...

Now he's mooted as a true opponent, he's good as gold and has a great record, no longer a perennial loser?

LOL

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3