The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

+65
George Carlin
The Great Aukster
SecretFly
HongKongCherry
BlueMuff
Jhamer25
Artful_Dodger
Rugby Fan
EnglishReign
wales606
Gibson
RugbyFan182
HammerofThunor
Brendan
ME-109
majesticimperialman
Nachos Jones
neilthom7
GloriousEmpire
DaveM
Gretgael1
formerly known as Sam
wolfball
geoff998rugby
No 7&1/2
MrsP
doctor_grey
B91212
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
funnyExiledScot
Welly
little_badger
Standulstermen
Mickado
HQ matt
profitius
Hound of Harrow
lostinwales
Barney McGrew did it
BigTrevsbigmac
brennomac
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
flankertye
gregortree
king_carlos
Bathman_in_London
Cumbrian
GunsGerms
Notch
BamBam
WELL-PAST-IT
yappysnap
LeinsterFan4life
Cyril
The Saint
asoreleftshoulder
slane
ChequeredJersey
beshocked
SuperGuinness69
propdavid_london
Geordie
Chjw131
69 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 8 Empty England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by Chjw131 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

25th January 2014 - Live on Sky Sports 1 (4:45pm Kick Off)

Saxons XXIII to face Ireland Wolfhounds:

1. A Waller
2. J George
3. T Mercy
4. C Matthews
5. G Kruis
6. C Clarke (c)
7. L Wallace
8. D Ewers
9. J Simpson
10. F Burns
11. C Sharples
12. S Hill
13. M Hopper
14. A Watson
15. E Daly

16. D Ward 17. N Catt 18. S Wilson 19. E Stooke 20. S Dickinson 21. D Lewis 22. H Slade 23. R Miller

Ireland XXIII

15. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
14. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
11. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster)
1. David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
2. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
3. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
4. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
5. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
6. Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) (capt)
7. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
8. Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues)

Replacements:

16. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
18. Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht)
22. Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
23. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Last edited by Chjw131 on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 8 Empty Re: England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

Boss MOTM. Who'd have thunk it?  zen guinness 

Well played England. Nearly phhoked it away Ireload, but a great worout.

Standouts: Boss, McFadden, Madigan, Ruddock.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 8 Empty Re: England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by wales606 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

Wow was the English player who decided to dive into touch and throw the ball away?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

Miller and Dickenson were really good coming off the bench. And Daly at 13 looked impressive. 

Wolfhounds were really poor in attack.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:41 pm

Oh Freddie  picard 

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

What happened there did burns pass to the linesman!!!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

That was an escape in the end from Ireland but what was with the kicking away of possession with so little time left? That was terrible.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Zebo showed in 10 seconds why he should start for Ireland but i bet holy Joe wont pick him.

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Is that Freddie Burns? Thats unfortunate...
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Burns was fairly awful all game. Fitting end

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:42 pm

Do not know why Freddie Burns even tried that. He'd never have made the kick if he had scored anyway so why snatch at the ball for the glory try??

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:43 pm

ME-109 wrote:Zebo showed in 10 seconds why he should start for Ireland but i bet holy Joe wont pick him.

He simply has to start, best winger in Ireland and one of the best counter attackers in rugby.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Why wouldnt joe pick him?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Zebo showed in 10 seconds why he should start for Ireland but i bet holy Joe wont pick him.

He simply has to start, best winger in Ireland and one of the best counter attackers in rugby.

Who will start over him? I would be very surprised if he isn't a starter for most of the 6 nations.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

Great talent. But McFadden is in based on his work-rate and talent alone. Gilroy null pois. Hes out in the cold.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:44 pm

I can't believe the man of the match didn't go to someone wearing a number between 4 and 8.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:45 pm

MOTM is a kiwi. There's a surprise.  Whistle 

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:

Yeah but Joe doesn't like threesomes...,i bet we get McFadden

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by EnglishReign Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

Class from Rob Miller at the end. Score about right there.

EnglishReign

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

I have to say McFadden was pretty poor today, Gilroy too. Zebos stock has risen while McFaddens and Gilroys falls.

Last edited by Notch on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wolfball Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

I thought Boss very poor, Gibbo and Stewart Barnes are watching a different game Wink

Zebo was the best of the backs despite not much time one. Henshaw was solid. Backrow was brilliant. Everything else was a mix of blah and solid.

wolfball

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

150 tackles made. Hopefully the first team can hold onto the ball a lot more so we dont have to make that many

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:46 pm

LeinsterFan4life wrote:People seem surprised that it is such a bad game... Its like this every year!

I can't say you didn't warn us.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

I thought Madigan was really exposed with regard to his inability to control games.  He had a massive wind behind him in the first half but just doesn't seem to have any tactical or territorial kicking game.  Which is exactly what a 10 needs with a strong wind.  He is  great with ball in hand, but game management just isn't there.

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

On a dry pitch that would have been a massacre, England were clueless

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:47 pm

Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Nachos Jones wrote:

Who will start over him?  I would be very surprised if he isn't a starter for most of the 6 nations.

Dont think so. Needs more game time and to show his early promise... then maybe. But, he has his hands full with McFadden (far more complete player), Kearney - in hot form and last but not least... Fitz is back to his best. Twill be interesting chaps...

Bowe is in trouble here when he gets back. All good. Its all we ever wanted. Fierce competition driving us higher.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Dickinson and Miller stand out cameos for Engalnd.

Burns and Simpson were just atrocious. Utterly atrocious. Terrible game management, terrible handling and terrible kicking.

The coaches were the only thing worse. Who the Frak thought up those tactics for todays game? Do they not see the weather forecasts? Bloody appalling.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Only saw the last 20,

how did Copeland play?
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by RugbyFan182 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:48 pm

Ireland have excellent depth in the backs. With Dave and rob Kearney. Zebo,Gilroy, McFadden, bowe etc. dangerous as hell......

RugbyFan182

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Nachos Jones wrote:

I would be amazed if McFadden gets picked ahead of him. Zebo brings so much more counter attacking threat than McFadden.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:49 pm

England from 6-10 were awful.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:50 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:
ME-109 wrote:
Nachos Jones wrote:

I would be amazed if McFadden gets picked ahead of him. Zebo brings so much more counter attacking threat than McFadden.

Be well prepared to be amazed. Its a done deal bro.  guinness 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:51 pm

Gibson wrote:
Rory_Gallagher wrote:
Nachos Jones wrote:

Who will start over him?  I would be very surprised if he isn't a starter for most of the 6 nations.

Dont think so. Needs more game time and to show his early promise... then maybe. But, he has his hands full with McFadden (far more complete player), Kearney - in hot form and last but not least... Fitz is back to his best. Twill be interesting chaps...

That's all we need, head down endeavour...why go for the exciting option when you can get the usual...hmm sounds familiar to another coach we had

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:52 pm

Laugh guinness 

Ja... roysh.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:53 pm

There is only one team in this really. Ireland are just physically, mentally and skillfully stronger then England.

I actually have a pure hatred for Stuart Barnes. He made more of a deal from that lucky try by Watson that the tries from Madigan and Boss. He is so biased and just a joke a as commentator. Making out that Watson put him self in that situation purposely.
Get a grip ffs Barnes

Also Freddie has been another example of an English 10 who has come under the lime light too soon been made up to be the next big thing by the English media and has allowed the pressure get to him. I really just wish the they would leave these boys alone and allow them to develop at their own pace. I really feel for Freddie because they have pressured him into the set up at a young age and has been hyped up about so much that he has had such high expectations put on him. But when he isn't on form or is having a bad patch the same people criticise and him and put him down when he can't handle the pressure that has been put on him.
It's happened to Cipriani, Farrell, Freddie he past few seasons and i'm sure the same is going to happen to Ford

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

ME-109 wrote:On a dry pitch that would have been a massacre, England were clueless

For who? You're not gonna win many games if you have that little possession or territory. Great defence, great effort to make 150 tackles or whatever but we really didn't manage the game well. The Saxons were very wasteful.

I just don't know what to make of Madigan. Brilliantly talented player. General at 10? Some of the stuff he does is excellent. Not sure he should be involved in the Ireland 23 right now.

I'll say this; if there was ever a Barbarians game with Niko Matawalu and Ian Madigan at 9 and 10 I'd pay to go and see it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

English fans, what did ye get from that game?  Pushed a far more experienced squad to the edge no?

Standout players?

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Artful_Dodger Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

Is there not a significant chance that with Bowe not yet returned, Schmidt will go with McFadden at 14 and Zebo at 11?

Artful_Dodger

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:54 pm

Aaahhh Gibbo, ye of the blue blood. Who would you honestly prefer the ball to go to in open play, McFadden or Zebo?

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

Do you think burns was playing, that way, under instructions from his coaches? Or is that his idea of how to play naturally?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:55 pm

Artful_Dodger wrote:Is there not a significant chance that with Bowe not yet returned, Schmidt will go with McFadden at 14 and Zebo at 11?

Possibly Dodge, possibly. I like Zebo. He just has that something special. Feic knows we need that. As MesserSchmidt alluded to.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gretgael1 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 6:57 pm

Ruddock my motd. Touhy and Copeland also played very well.

Zebo to start next week, for sure.

Gretgael1

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:00 pm

Nachos Jones wrote:
Aaahhh Gibbo, ye of the blue blood. Who would you honestly prefer the ball to go to in open play, McFadden or Zebo?

McFadden would probably be the geezer winning it in the 1st place. That's the big differ ... Cant compare em at all. But handy to have the 2 in the same team mate. But what of Fitzy? He will push his way in.

He is a tried and trusted player at the highest level. The rest,  have it yet to prove.

Im loving these selection problems.

Used dream of it.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:02 pm

Gibson wrote:
Nachos Jones wrote:

McFadden would probably be the geezer winning it in the 1st place. That's the big differ ... Cant compare em at all. But handy to have the 2 in the same team mate. But what of Fitzy? He will push his way in.

He is a tried and trusted WC player at the highest level. The rest,  have it yet to prove.

Im loving these selection problems.

Used dream of it.

With you on that one, finally competition for spots and players pushing for their spot.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:05 pm

Dream ultimate Irish wingers for me? Zebo and Fitz. But its not all about the individual sexy bits in this game... Its all about the complete unit functioning as a smooth-running machine.

Did I just say that?
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:06 pm

Gibson wrote:Dream ultimate Irish wingers for me? Zebo and Fitz. But its not all about the individual sexy bits in this game... Its all about the complete unit functioning as a smooth-running machine.  

Did I just say that?

Hows it going Deccy

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueMuff Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:07 pm

wales606 wrote:Only saw the last 20,

how did Copeland play?

Made highest number of tackles - 18

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:11 pm

So presuming the back row is POM, Henry and Heaslip, whos on the bench?  Ruddock, TOD or Henderson? Ruddock was really good today as was Henderson at lock. I think I'd have TOD though, he was only on for 50/60 minutes but he made more tackles than the others, was always a nuisance at the breakdown and has a good bit of pace.

Possibly have Henderson covering lock.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 25 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

Would agree with notch, from Henderson out to Copeland we were superb. Madigan is great with front foot ball, but not so great when things get messy. I thought McFadden did really well defensively as did Cave and Henshaw. Jones and Gilroy haven't advanced their case. Tuohy, Henderson, Ruddock, O'Donnell and Copeland have in spades

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:16 pm

What a dire game of rugby and it was chuffing freezing, so I left the ground pretty grumpy. England were woeful and predictable. I really feel for Freddie, he is so much better than his current form, but tonight was probably a low point for him despite his prior claim that he has his swagger back. I truly hope for his and England's sake he gets back to playing how he should.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:20 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Would agree with notch, from Henderson out to Copeland we were superb. Madigan is great with front foot ball, but not so great when things get messy. I thought McFadden did really well defensively as did Cave and Henshaw. Jones and Gilroy haven't advanced their case. Tuohy, Henderson, Ruddock, O'Donnell and Copeland have in spades

Would agree with all of that Stand. As much as it... ja.  Maddser was good. Very good, but Paddy J has the edge on him as Irish 2nd 10 at the minute. He did himself no harm here tho. Won us the game in the 1st half.

ROG Eile (Keatley) steadied the ship when he came on, but added nowt really.   Bring on Paddy J and Madigans' nemesis.  JJ.

Its all getting veh veh hot at 10 for our country. We have 4 of em now,  instead of just one, contrary, petulant, Cork,  bollix. And Paddy Bloody Wallace. How far we have come.

ROG Rocks btw. Even more now than he did before. Love how he told it as it is about the Welsh game. Everyone in rugby is thinking this. ROG just says it.

He will coach Ireland one day. Clever buachaill.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ireland-legend-ronan-ogara-launches-6559407
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next