The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

+65
George Carlin
The Great Aukster
SecretFly
HongKongCherry
BlueMuff
Jhamer25
Artful_Dodger
Rugby Fan
EnglishReign
wales606
Gibson
RugbyFan182
HammerofThunor
Brendan
ME-109
majesticimperialman
Nachos Jones
neilthom7
GloriousEmpire
DaveM
Gretgael1
formerly known as Sam
wolfball
geoff998rugby
No 7&1/2
MrsP
doctor_grey
B91212
Rory_Gallagher
rodders
funnyExiledScot
Welly
little_badger
Standulstermen
Mickado
HQ matt
profitius
Hound of Harrow
lostinwales
Barney McGrew did it
BigTrevsbigmac
brennomac
Golden
pete (buachaill on eirne)
flankertye
gregortree
king_carlos
Bathman_in_London
Cumbrian
GunsGerms
Notch
BamBam
WELL-PAST-IT
yappysnap
LeinsterFan4life
Cyril
The Saint
asoreleftshoulder
slane
ChequeredJersey
beshocked
SuperGuinness69
propdavid_london
Geordie
Chjw131
69 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 9 Empty England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by Chjw131 Fri 17 Jan 2014, 1:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

25th January 2014 - Live on Sky Sports 1 (4:45pm Kick Off)

Saxons XXIII to face Ireland Wolfhounds:

1. A Waller
2. J George
3. T Mercy
4. C Matthews
5. G Kruis
6. C Clarke (c)
7. L Wallace
8. D Ewers
9. J Simpson
10. F Burns
11. C Sharples
12. S Hill
13. M Hopper
14. A Watson
15. E Daly

16. D Ward 17. N Catt 18. S Wilson 19. E Stooke 20. S Dickinson 21. D Lewis 22. H Slade 23. R Miller

Ireland XXIII

15. Felix Jones (Shannon/Munster)
14. Fergus McFadden (Old Belvedere/Leinster)
13. Robbie Henshaw (Buccaneers/Connacht)
12. Darren Cave (Belfast Harlequins/Ulster)
11. Craig Gilroy (Dungannon/Ulster)
10. Ian Madigan (Blackrock College/Leinster)
9. Isaac Boss (Terenure College/Leinster)
1. David Kilcoyne (UL Bohemians/Munster)
2. Rob Herring (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
3. Martin Moore (Lansdowne/Leinster)
4. Iain Henderson (Ballynahinch/Ulster)
5. Dan Tuohy (Ballymena/Ulster)
6. Rhys Ruddock (St. Mary’s College/Leinster) (capt)
7. Tommy O’Donnell (UL Bohemians/Munster)
8. Robin Copeland (Cardiff Blues)

Replacements:

16. Richardt Strauss (Old Wesley/Leinster)
17. Jack McGrath (St. Mary’s College/Leinster)
18. Stephen Archer (Cork Constitution/Munster)
19. Robbie Diack (Malone/Ulster)
20. Jordi Murphy (Lansdowne/Leinster)
21. Kieran Marmion (Corinthians/Connacht)
22. Ian Keatley (Young Munster/Munster)
23. Simon Zebo (Cork Constitution/Munster)

Last edited by Chjw131 on Thu 23 Jan 2014, 3:45 pm; edited 3 times in total

Chjw131

Back to top Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 9 Empty Re: England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by yappysnap Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm

Gibson wrote:English fans, what did ye get from that game?  Pushed a far more experienced squad to the edge no?

Standout players?

Hhmmm hard to say! Probably a bit worried by the coaches gameplan for the day!

Only real standouts were Dickinson and Miller but they didn't have enough time to turn it around.

Front 5 were alright solid at least. Backrow and half backs were utter Poopie.

The rest of the backs were clueless as a group but Hopper and Watson both showed individual skills.

All in all a rotter of a game

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm - Page 9 Empty Re: England Saxons v Irish Wolfhounds - Kingsholm

Post by Jhamer25 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:23 pm

Think the Irish backrow (with Sean O'Brien out) should definitely include Copeland in it. Outshone Ewers today in the battle of the 8's
6. Robin Copeland
7. Chris Henry
8. Jamie Heaslip

Very mobile back row and one that would definitely cause a problem to any team.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:36 pm

Watched sexton earlier. He was very good and is still way, way ahead of the young pretenders

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:48 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Watched sexton earlier. He was very good and is still way, way ahead of the young pretenders

Me too Stand. The man is moving on to the next level.  He's starting to teach that band of rich mercenaries how to play. That takes something in a foreign environment. I know this much. That's WC character. Its in him. Felipe & JW had a word and he listened.

He wants to be the best. Needs to put Cruden in his place in 2015.

My money is on Jonny.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by neilthom7 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:50 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:Think the Irish backrow (with Sean O'Brien out) should definitely include Copeland in it. Outshone Ewers today in the battle of the 8's
6. Robin Copeland
7. Chris Henry
8. Jamie Heaslip

O'Mahoney at 6 for me but Copeland on the bench

neilthom7

http://www.twitter.com/thomthom1988

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:53 pm

Guys I started a separate thread for discussion of the Irish team for next weekend;

https://www.606v2.com/t51344-pick-your-irish-xv-for-scotland
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 8:57 pm

neilthom7 wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:Think the Irish backrow (with Sean O'Brien out) should definitely include Copeland in it. Outshone Ewers today in the battle of the 8's
6. Robin Copeland
7. Chris Henry
8. Jamie Heaslip

O'Mahoney at 6 for me but Copeland on the bench

McLaughlin at 6 for me for starters. Better, more experienced  and more effective than the aforementioned imo. Richard Hill stylee.

SOB at 6 when he's fit. Henry at 7. Heaslip at 8. All players enabled to play to their individual strengths and form a unit to take on the Rest. Threatening harmony. Balance.  Job done. No discussion required.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:07 pm

Gibbo

McLaughlin is well down the pecking order now after an indifferent spell. I can't see him coming back or ousting Ruddock at 6 who seems to have come on massively this season.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:11 pm

yappysnap wrote:Sums up Freddie Burns night there...

Freddie Burns did not have one of his best days today that is for sure. Can understand why SL droped him from the full England set up, and told him to get some form back. I still think that the Saxons did not do too badley. When you compare how many full Caps the wolfhounds had in their squad compared too England. I think it was 87 for the Wolfhounds, to 8 for the England Saxons.

I would just like to say well done the Wolfhounds. A hard fought game for both teams.

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

McLaughlin and McFadden haven't been making the team at Leinster. No love for the Leinster guys who are outperforming them at provincial level?

Ruddock and Fitzgerald more deserving for me.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:23 pm

Standulstermen wrote:Gibbo

McLaughlin is well down the pecking order now after an indifferent spell. I can't see him coming back or ousting Ruddock at 6 who seems to have come on massively this season.

Drop of form? I love the way posters invent shoite and discuss it like its true. McLaughlin was way ahead of the up-and-coming posse. Ruddock has recently jumped ahead of that lot, I agree.  

Point taken.   But Joe rates Locky. Check yer history.

Ruddock is being groomed for Irish Captain.  Really didn't rate him at all, at 1st, but Kidney did. As do Schmidt and MOC. Did we miss this lads? So much for amateurs huh?

I think so.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:32 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:24 pm

Gibson wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:Would agree with notch, from Henderson out to Copeland we were superb. Madigan is great with front foot ball, but not so great when things get messy. I thought McFadden did really well defensively as did Cave and Henshaw. Jones and Gilroy haven't advanced their case. Tuohy, Henderson, Ruddock, O'Donnell and Copeland have in spades

Would agree with all of that Stand. As much as it... ja.  Maddser was good. Very good, but Paddy J has the edge on him as Irish 2nd 10 at the minute. He did himself no harm here tho. Won us the game in the 1st half.

ROG Eile (Keatley) steadied the ship when he came on, but added nowt really.   Bring on Paddy J and Madigans' nemesis.  JJ.

Its all getting veh veh hot at 10 for our country. We have 4 of em now,  instead of just one, contrary, petulant, Cork,  bollix. And Paddy Bloody Wallace. How far we have come.

ROG Rocks btw. Even more now than he did before. Love how he told it as it is about the Welsh game. Everyone in rugby is thinking this. ROG just says it.

He will coach Ireland one day. Clever buachaill.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ireland-legend-ronan-ogara-launches-6559407

Oh the irony with that stuff from ROG. Welsh players leaving Wales for lucrative contracts elsewhere.

Well what exactly are you doing ROG?

Hypocrite. picard

Well done to the Wolfhounds. Despite being dominated in terms of territory and possession, they were way too smart for that Saxons team.

Not a good night for Freddie Burns. He's not in a good place atm.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:29 pm

Hound of Harrow wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Standulstermen wrote:Would agree with notch, from Henderson out to Copeland we were superb. Madigan is great with front foot ball, but not so great when things get messy. I thought McFadden did really well defensively as did Cave and Henshaw. Jones and Gilroy haven't advanced their case. Tuohy, Henderson, Ruddock, O'Donnell and Copeland have in spades

Would agree with all of that Stand. As much as it... ja.  Maddser was good. Very good, but Paddy J has the edge on him as Irish 2nd 10 at the minute. He did himself no harm here tho. Won us the game in the 1st half.

ROG Eile (Keatley) steadied the ship when he came on, but added nowt really.   Bring on Paddy J and Madigans' nemesis.  JJ.

Its all getting veh veh hot at 10 for our country. We have 4 of em now,  instead of just one, contrary, petulant, Cork,  bollix. And Paddy Bloody Wallace. How far we have come.

ROG Rocks btw. Even more now than he did before. Love how he told it as it is about the Welsh game. Everyone in rugby is thinking this. ROG just says it.

He will coach Ireland one day. Clever buachaill.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/ireland-legend-ronan-ogara-launches-6559407

Oh the irony with that stuff from ROG. Welsh players leaving Wales for lucrative contracts elsewhere.

Well what exactly are you doing ROG?

Hypocrite.
picard

Well done to the Wolfhounds. Despite being dominated in terms of territory and possession, they were way too smart for that Saxons team.

Not a good night for Freddie Burns. He's not in a good place atm.

He's finished playing now Hound. He's in the coaching biz now.  He just says what he feels. And he's right. 3 Welsh internationals in his team btw. I wonder how they feel about it? I'd bet they agree.

Now if  Sexton said it.... Ja.

He was brilliant in Racing trouncing Toulouse today btw. That's ma boy.

For the Ledge they call the Hound.  Ale
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:34 pm

Is ROG going overseas for a big pay cheque, or is he going overseas to experience a different rugby culture, learn his trade and broaden his horizons?

I don't know what a very junior coach would earn at Racing Metro but it wouldn't be as much as the players would it? O'Gara is trading on his name I guess, but he has very little first hand coaching experience.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:39 pm

I know ROG's done with playing Gibbo, but to have a dig at a country for their people pursuing their careers abroad, when he's doing exactly the same is a bit rich.

guinness

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:45 pm

I think hes talking about when they do play for the regions, the welsh stars dont shine so bright.

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:46 pm

Hound of Harrow wrote:I know ROG's done with playing Gibbo, but to have a dig at a country for their people pursuing their careers abroad, when he's doing exactly the same is a bit rich.

guinness

Clearly you know that ROG turned down a good contract at home before he went to France? No...then stick your comments up your tube station...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:51 pm

ME-109 wrote:
Hound of Harrow wrote:I know ROG's done with playing Gibbo, but to have a dig at a country for their people pursuing their careers abroad, when he's doing exactly the same is a bit rich.

guinness

Clearly you know that ROG turned down a good contract at home before he went to France? No...then stick your comments up your tube station...

ROG could have taken on a job at Munster but chose to go abroad. Its for the benefit of Ireland that he has done this. The guy has forgotten more about rugby than we will ever know. Future Ireland boss.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:52 pm

ME-109 wrote:Clearly you know that ROG turned down a good contract at home before he went to France? No...then stick your comments up your tube station...

Do you have to be so constantly abrasive to other posters ME-109? The mods are going to be swamped by the usual Six Nations WUMs and passions boiling over and we work on a volunteer basis so we're not going to have time to play nice with people who just insult others.

You're warned. Play the ball, not the man.

Last edited by Notch on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:54 pm

Notch wrote:Play the ball, not the man.

Pervert Very Happy

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm

Oh, behave!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Nachos Jones Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:56 pm

Suits you sir.

Nachos Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:57 pm

Notch wrote:Do you have to be so constantly abrasive to other posters ME-109? The mods are going to be swamped by the usual Six Nations WUMs and passions boiling over and we work on a volunteer basis so we're not going to have time to play nice with people who just insult others.

You're warned. Play the ball, not the man.

Moi? It was just a geographical reference to a tube station, with some directions

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 9:58 pm

BTW...love the red bright red text...it brings a certain frission

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:01 pm

guinness

True Ound mate. So true. I was just bein a D5 beech. And see what happened? The pheasants are revolting. I blame you Waspie, I blame you.  Cool   Ale 
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:03 pm

If we're giving directions, I'd recommend an about turn from your current destination. Thats the last word. I won't have folk coming onto what is a good thread and bringing unnecessary aggression with them.

Apologies to everyone else.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:06 pm

ME-109 wrote:BTW...love the red bright red text...it brings a certain frission

Staaand Uuuuppp. Forrr  De Ulllllllstuuuuuuuuuuuuur Meyan...

Jeezuz that expansive song is still ringing in my ears after last weekend.

Can't believe I supported a Proddie team on tour,  instead of the Ladyboys.

What a gig though.  Focking blast actually.

Ireland are on the March lads.

Believe.

Last edited by Gibson on Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:07 pm

The lunatics have taken over the asylum....

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:08 pm

I didn't see the game...because I wasn't interested! ---- Treason!!!!

Wait a sec. Wait a f**ckin' minute! I wasn't interested because I was out for the count with a flu.

I've improved a tad and I wanted to see what the folks of the hill (606ers) had to say.  In a sense I'm practically neutral when it comes to reading a good selection of posts from this topic - mostly from kick off admittedly.

I say practically neutral but of course not really, most of my brief points will concern only Ireland.

Number one observation.  Some seem to say Madigan was ok given the day that was in it ...some say he didn't impress.  There is a growing trend in those comments - both pro and anti.  You'll all know roughly what it is.  Shame - thought Schmidt's Ireland was all about a new way where best players should get to play.  It's strange how.......... parish pump opinions still hold sway in the NEW Ireland adventure.

Number two observation.  Obviously Zebo has impressed?  Good.  Delighted for him and hopefully for us.  How long was he on for? How much defending was he asked to do?  How much defending did he do?  Attacking/counter-attacking Pizzazz also needs robust acceptance of the more mundane work that even wings have to do.

He wasn't too impressive last summer for Ireland as he played an invisible ghost's role, staying out of trouble and waiting for the rumours to prove true, rumours that did prove true and sent him on his giddy way to the Lions.  And which of our players was carrying the creative duties in North America, and put his body and soul into it for his country? - yep, McFadden, who it seems now can't tie Zebo's boots.
Zebo - fancy -smart - athletic.  Still waiting for his team conviction to show itself to me rather than the personalised Zee sign.

ROG - of course everyone has him wrong.  Not only does he coach abroad now, he's played all his professional rugby abroad too Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:10 pm

ME-109 wrote:The lunatics have taken over the asylum....

Ja.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJP0eutwh8w
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm

SecretFly wrote:I didn't see the game...because I wasn't interested! ---- Treason!!!!

Wait a sec.  Wait a f**ckin' minute!  I wasn't interested because I was out for the count with a flu.

I've improved a tad and I wanted to see what the folks of the hill (606ers) had to say.  In a sense I'm practically neutral when it comes to reading a good selection of posts from this topic - mostly from kick off admittedly.

I say practically neutral but of course not really, most of my brief points will concern only Ireland.

Number one observation.  Some seem to say Madigan was ok given the day that was in it ...some say he didn't impress.  There is a growing trend in those comments - both pro and anti.  You'll all know roughly what it is.  Shame - thought Schmidt's Ireland was all about a new way where best players should get to play.  It's strange how.......... parish pump opinions still hold sway in the NEW Ireland adventure.

Number two observation.  Obviously Zebo has impressed?  Good.  Delighted for him and hopefully for us.  How long was he on for? How much defending was he asked to do?  How much defending did he do?  Attacking/counter-attacking Pizzazz also needs robust acceptance of the more mundane work that even wings have to do.

He wasn't too impressive last summer for Ireland as he played an invisible ghost's role, staying out of trouble and waiting for the rumours to prove true, rumours that did prove true and sent him on his giddy way to the Lions.  And which of our players was carrying the creative duties in North America, and put his body and soul into it for his country? - yep, McFadden, who it seems now can't tie Zebo's boots.
Zebo - fancy -smart - athletic.  Still waiting for his team conviction to show itself to me rather than the personalised Zee sign.

ROG - of course everyone has him wrong.  Not only does he coach abroad now, he's played all his professional rugby abroad too Wink

Either take some Night Nurse and a couple of hot toddies or go watch the game. Your questions are spurious otherwise

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:19 pm

SecretFly wrote:I didn't see the game...because I wasn't interested! ---- Treason!!!!

Wait a sec.  Wait a f**ckin' minute!  I wasn't interested because I was out for the count with a flu.

Not a reason. Just a sad excuse to ignore the very future of rugby in our country.  How much effort does it take to sit up huh?

Bit lame there Fly me aul segocia.  Still love you btw.  guinness

Spot on with Fadders btw. He's in. Please try and explain that to the non-Leinster boggers and the Noordies. They live in dream-land. Bless em.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:22 pm

Gibson wrote:Ireland are on the March lads.

Believe.

I really do this year, Gibbo. I really do.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:23 pm

Nah..my questions get under skins, ME ...sometimes for the divilment of it (yes), sometimes because I call a spade a spade (Zebo's American adventure)................. I'm like ROG that way, a hero of mine for his real-speak rather than "Yeah, no" (followed by stock rugby lingo answer)

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:23 pm

ME-109 wrote:

Either take some Night Nurse and a couple of hot toddies or go watch the game. Your questions are spurious otherwise

Decco... Im gettin wet lafffin now. Stoppit, you Cork slapper.  guinness 

Last edited by Gibson on Sun 26 Jan 2014, 2:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:30 pm

Fly..for your manflu addled mind. Zebo got about 30 mins. In that time he carried more and beat more defenders than all the rest. His defence was very good. When you mention the US do you conveniently forget his cameos for the lions....

McFadden was very good at doing his usual..head down, blah blah blah. Don't worry i don't expect Schmidt to pick Zebo . We don't want too much excitement now do we...(not in your state anyway)

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:41 pm

ME-109 wrote:Fly..for your manflu addled mind. Zebo got about 30 mins. In that time he carried more and beat more defenders than all the rest. His defence was very good. When you mention the US do you conveniently forget his cameos for the lions....

McFadden was very good at doing his usual..head down, blah blah blah. Don't worry i don't expect Schmidt to pick Zebo . We don't want too much excitement now do we...(not in your state anyway)

ME..if Zebo is the all round ticket (team player) with the buzzing feet... why would I not want him there?  I don't want Ireland just beating folks...I want them thrashing folks.  I want them chasing down and mercifully putting sides to the sword, not resting - even against weak opposition.  If Zebo is the man, Schmidt should pick him.  I want Ireland to win well again, don't care which province the player comes from as long as he cuts it on game day.

Now back to your little point:  Yes, I do forget his cameos for the Lions.  Ireland is my team and it doesn't impress me that a player on Ireland duty took a holiday through it to keep his Lions aspirations alive.  Funny that, thought you felt the same about the Lions?  I'm glad Zebo has opened your mind to the possibilities there. We might get you into a Lions shirt in four years time Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:43 pm

SecretFly wrote:
ME-109 wrote:Fly..for your manflu addled mind. Zebo got about 30 mins. In that time he carried more and beat more defenders than all the rest. His defence was very good. When you mention the US do you conveniently forget his cameos for the lions....

ME..if Zebo is the all round ticket (team player) with the buzzing feet... why would I not want him there?  I don't want Ireland just beating folks...I want them thrashing folks.  I want them chasing down and mercifully putting sides to the sword, not resting - even against weak opposition.  If Zebo is the man, Schmidt should pick him.  I want Ireland to win well again, don't care which province the player comes from as long as he cuts it on game day.

Now back to your little point:  Yes, I do forget his cameos for the Lions.  Ireland is my team and it doesn't impress me that a player on Ireland duty took a holiday through it to keep his Lions aspirations alive.  Funny that, thought you felt the same about the Lions?  I'm glad Zebo has opened your mind to the possibilities there.  We might get you into a Lions shirt in four years time Wink

you must hate heaslip so...

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:44 pm

Notch wrote:Is ROG going overseas for a big pay cheque, or is he going overseas to experience a different rugby culture, learn his trade and broaden his horizons?

I don't know what a very junior coach would earn at Racing Metro but it wouldn't be as much as the players would it? O'Gara is trading on his name I guess, but he has very little first hand coaching experience.

Notch, I really believe that this man, like your Humph, is the future of something special in Irish rugby. Having had 2 x basterd Cork coaches,  who held us back 10 years, considering the quality we had. I'd trust this Cork guy to weed out the shirkers and ignore loyalty at will. A-la the KeeWees. No sentiment. Assemble the best team to kill the rest.   The fact that he is coaching JS is a really weird joke for me. But, its working. For both of them. Kismet.

ROG is an intelligent,  belligerent man, full of well-earned self belief, and expects high standards. He expects to win. That's what we really need to sort our psyche problem out  in rugby. In sport actually. Phhoook being perennial glorious losers. Bollix to that shoite.

I rate ROG that highly. No one's yes man. Man's a leader. And a bollix. He's busy with getting the experience now. Watch this space.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:49 pm

Lads, stop with this Zebo diatribe already. Fadders plays. A.N.  Other on the udder wing.  Its done. Trust me. Hope Zebo makes the bench though.  Cant have Gilroy anywhere near it. Fitz? Kearney?  Oooh missus.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:50 pm

Gibson wrote:
Notch wrote:Is ROG going overseas for a big pay cheque, or is he going overseas to experience a different rugby culture, learn his trade and broaden his horizons?

Notch, I really believe that this man, like your Humph, is the future of something special in Irish rugby. Having had 2 x basterd Cork coaches,  who held us back 10 years, considering the quality we had. I'd trust this Cork guy to weed out the shirkers and ignore loyalty at will. A-la the KeeWees. No sentiment. Assemble the best team to kill the rest.   The fact that he is coaching JS is a really weird joke for me.  But, its working. For both of them. Kismet.

ROG is an intelligent,  belligerent man, full of well-earned self belief, and expects high standards. He expects to win. That's what we really need to sort our psyche problem out  in rugby. In sport actually. Phhoook being perennial glorious losers. Bollix to that shoite.

I rate ROG that highly. No one's yes man. Man's a leader. And a bollix. He's busy with getting the experience now. Watch this space.

I think its very encouraging that he's gone over to France to learn his trade, that he's trying new things. But realistically he's now doing a completely different job and he starts at the bottom again- he has to work his way up the ladder, and rather than choosing to stay in his comfort zone which would be the easy and safe thing to do he's chosen to take on a big challenge.

I really think he's an excellent pundit and commentator- George Hook is a WUM without the real expertise, O'Gara is a WUM who knows what he's talking about. Big difference.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 25 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm

Heaslip...?  - Bad choice there, ME Wink I've said plenty about Heaslip in the past.  And I'm pretty damn certain you were around when I was saying it.  It comes easy to me to criticise players - even *gulp* Leinster ones.  
Here's another one for you to prove my bona fides - Kearney (Rob) needs to start exactly where he left off against New Zealand or he isn't our 15 into the future.  He talks quite a lot, he squints handsomely well in cinematic poses, but he needs to find his New Zealand form and passion through all matches at International level or he doesn't cut it for me.

My Night Nurse is calling..... mmm, she's opened her box!  Night folks.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by ME-109 Sat 25 Jan 2014, 11:07 pm

Love the fact yourself and Gibson are turning so Establishment lately...all for the status quo

ME-109

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sat 25 Jan 2014, 11:19 pm

Gibbo I like McLaughlin but he has been passed and needs to up his game now.

Of those selected in the squad Ruddock, O'Mahoney, Murphy, Diack, O'Donnell, Henderson and even Copeland and Henry can all play 6. Of course he isn't competing with some of them but he is certainly competing with Diack, Ruddock, O'Mahoney and Murphy for that spot and not making this squad isn't good for him.

The big thing there is that if O'Brien were fit it would be 4 Leinster backrowers ahead of him in the squad before you consider provincial rivals. It's a big year or two for him.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:08 am

Stand, before SOB was schittin yella, Locky was the man. I do believe he's back. Different player, but just as effective in my opinion.

Ruddock, a lame duck in the past, is upping the ante somewhat now. All good.  

Thing is, Joe has to be extremely careful not to  pick too many Leinstuur men, in an effort to actually win tings. 14 will do. OK
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:11 am

Thought the Ireland pack did well against much vaunted opponents, Henderson and the backrow in particular.
The half backs were fine but Madigan has an annoying propensity to fling passes too hard, and his first thought is to run rather than read the play.
The back three looked ordinary, and McFadden for all his endeavour kicked really stupidly on a couple of occasions.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Standulstermen Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:42 am

Just checked the updated stats. Ruddock leads the way on 19 tackles and surprise, surprise but big Dan T is next on 16. I thought he was superb. That game kind of reminded me of the 2010 game at twickenham when England were hammering us but fez and Heaslip kept us in the game and tommy scored the winning try off a line out.

Standulstermen

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveM Sun 26 Jan 2014, 12:54 am

The Great Aukster wrote:Thought the Ireland pack did well against much vaunted opponents, Henderson and the backrow in particular.
The half backs were fine but Madigan has an annoying propensity to fling passes too hard, and his first thought is to run rather than read the play.
The back three looked ordinary, and McFadden for all his endeavour kicked really stupidly on a couple of occasions.

I'm not sure the England pack was much vaunted. The main thing it was was young and inexperienced.

Strange game. England made lots of mistakes, both tactically and individually, had to carry one of the worst fly half performances you'll see and yet would have had a kick to win if it hadn't been for a truly bizarre error from Burns when it was easier to score.

So whilst SL might not be pleased with Callard's setting up of the side, I'm not sure he'll be that displeased with how what was basically a development side went against a side full of good and reasonably experienced players. Nobody has played their way into the matchday 23, but Dickinson and Miller will surely start for the Saxons next week. Good to see Miller finally starting to fulfil his potential.

DaveM

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:52 am

Re Sexton and Racing- Toulouse or not, one home victory in T14, where betting on a home win is safer than sex post vasectomy, does not a turn around in form make. I'll believe Sexytoes (and the other players who were even more abject a couple of weeks ago) is back when he does it consistently. Bayonne of all team stuffed ASM today at home. Brive beat Toulon. Home wins at T14 level mean little and less, the away teams admit to not believing they can win!

As for this game, well done Wolfhounds, I'll watch the highlights if there were any tomorrow. Good luck in the 6N Ireland, you have as good a chance as anyone but when remembering that you beat the Saxons today and the first half NZ performance, don't forget Australia
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 26 Jan 2014, 1:53 am

Who says the Saxon pack was vaunted? It has potential but I think an average age of probably 22 or something?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next