The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+11
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
superflyweight
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Galted
Adam D
15 posters

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Adam D Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:23 am

First topic message reminder :

As the old thread is reaching its max again, I thought I would set up a whole new 20 spare pages for you all to talk about things neither cultural or Cup based.

Not that it makes a difference.

All anthropod, cortex and mild stereotyping of northerners welcome in here.

Just don't ask about the 2014 cup competition though.

Last edited by Adam D on Thu 27 Feb 2014, 8:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:39 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:To reiterate, I haven't been in a Greggs in almost 10 yrs.

the lady doth protest too much methinks

I don't mind being called fat, as it's true, I do however take offence at being labelled the kind of commoner to eat at Greggs..... raspberry

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 17 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:40 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Rowley, where did you eat yesterday?

Browns in Mayfair mate.

You were literally 2 mins away from my office! And 1 minute away from a much better choice - the Windmill pub on Mill Street.

Goodman's would also have been better.

Surprised you stumped up for Browns tbh......

Company was paying. Funnily enough I do not know the area so could not make an informed choice as to where to eat.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Browns in Mayfair mate.

You were literally 2 mins away from my office! And 1 minute away from a much better choice - the Windmill pub on Mill Street.

Company was paying. Funnily enough I do not know the area so could not make an informed choice as to where to eat.

Should've dropped me a PM.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 06 Mar 2014, 3:49 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Browns in Mayfair mate.

Ha! God loves a trier.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:01 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

Browns in Mayfair mate.

Ha!  God loves a trier.

I just want to confirm my suspicions that Jeff is actually fatter than me....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:08 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I don't mind being called fat, as it's true, I do however take offence at being labelled the kind of commoner to eat at Greggs..... raspberry

Do you refer to it as Gregory's?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:23 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Do you refer to it as Gregory's?

No, like the Scottish Play, I don't even mention it's name, just 'the place all those smelly poor people eat'.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:37 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:I just want to confirm my suspicions that Jeff is actually fatter than me....

16 and half stone as of Monday evening.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:38 pm

Rowley wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:I just want to confirm my suspicions that Jeff is actually fatter than me....

16 and half stone as of Monday evening.

Maybe not then...... Sad

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

I am only 4ft 6 though!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:43 pm

Rowley wrote:I am only 4ft 6 though!

shut up!!!???

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:46 pm

Alright. Someone bloody own up. Who is responsible for this at the top of my page:

Perfect Chinese Ladies
asiandate.com/ChineseLady
Meet Chinese Lady Today. Browse Photo Profiles & Choose the Best!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:49 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Alright. Someone bloody own up. Who is responsible for this at the top of my page:

Perfect Chinese Ladies

Smart ads track your cookies to target what you've been looking for......

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:52 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Alright. Someone bloody own up. Who is responsible for this at the top of my page:

Perfect Chinese Ladies

Smart ads track your cookies to target what you've been looking for......

You must get bored of reading adverts for lard.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 06 Mar 2014, 4:59 pm

Who the f*ck uses lard in 2014?? You Yorkshire hobo.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 07 Mar 2014, 6:51 am

I prefer dripping

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:15 am

seanmichaels wrote:I'm sure he's checked out for the day so I can say this without upsetting him. Wrap it up looked pretty sheeet. Missus described it as a microwave joint.

Well, michaels, I trust that you were as incensed hearing her say that as I was reading about it and that you brutalised her flappery with a claw hammer and told her to f*ck off back to France if she was unhappy living in a country as diverse and accepting as the UK.

I was fortunate enough to pass the Wrap-It-Up on Villiers Street yesterday whilst a delivery was taking place and noticed that it was being made from a Luton van.  Not just any old transit van or from the back of a car, but a Luton van!  And a bloody fine van it was too.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:26 am

Galted, I watched Homefront last night. As a film snob like myself there is not too much to commend it, is the usual Jason Statham affair. However it does feature the divine Ms Ryder, and she looks absolutely lovely. Thought I would mention it, hope it may bring us closer together.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:47 am

Rowley wrote:Galted, I watched Homefront last night. As a film snob like myself there is not too much to commend it, is the usual Jason Statham affair. However it does feature the divine Ms Ryder, and she looks absolutely lovely. Thought I would mention it, hope it may bring us closer together.

Thanks, Jeff. I'm so in love with the divine Ms Ryder that I'd be quite happy for you and I to be brought closer together at either end of her. Due to her presence I was one of the few film snobs who could tolerate Welcome Home, Roxy Carmichael.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 7:57 am

Snobbish on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:03 am

If you want some culture-free convict input... let me know.

Feck... big thunder here. It's scaring the natives...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:07 am

Linebreaker wrote:If you want some culture-free convict input... let me know.

You missed a healthy discussion yesterday on what animal you would do if you had to, LB.

Things can't get any more culture free than that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:09 am

Cheers, LB, but we already have michaels's missus for the culture-free input. Your duties involve p1ssing TopHat off with posts about cricket and keeping Tino happy with posts about crickets.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:14 am

Galted wrote:

Cheers, LB, but we already have michaels's missus for the culture-free input.  Your duties involve p1ssing TopHat off with posts about cricket and keeping Tino happy with posts about crickets.

Very clever, grasshopper.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:19 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Cheers, LB, but we already have michaels's missus for the culture-free input.  Your duties involve p1ssing TopHat off with posts about cricket and keeping Tino happy with posts about crickets.

Very clever, grasshopper.

The very first time I ever declared my fetish interest in insects to the world of 606v2 involved a grasshopper story, Jules. It was a fight between a European hornet and a grasshopper that I saw as I was walking to the train station. Jeff and sean can probably flesh out the story if you're interested as I dropped that particular arthropod bomb on the boxing board about 3 years ago.

I would tell you myself but I can sense the mood of the board and people just don't seem to have the desire to hear these things. It is pretty upsetting but life is cruel.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:20 am

Observe... as I catch the fly with my Hampton juice.

Tina, I was worried about the snake one (whoever suggested it). Herpes and all that. Also I find the scales abrasive on the outward thrusts.

I'm over cricket now, Galted.  Very Happy 

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:21 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Tina, I was worried about the snake one (whoever suggested it). Herpes and all that. Also I find the scales abrasive on the outward thrusts.

Laugh 

But not the inward thrusts?

You probably won't be surprised to learn it was Seany who suggested a snake.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:22 am

Linebreaker wrote:

Laugh 

But not the inward thrusts?

You probably won't be surprised to learn it was Seany who suggested a snake.

Oh no... they're az smooooth azzzz.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:23 am

Feck... big thunder here. It's scaring the natives...

Saw something on FB about a Sydney storm t'other day. Looked like Independance Day. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/spectacular-tsunami-of-cloud-rolls-across-sydney/story-fni0cx4q-1226846159785

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:24 am

Actually, can you even 'thrust' outwards? Surely that would be a 'drag' or a 'pull'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:27 am

Wow, sean. Like a big grey croissant. I was going to meet up with some mates in Bronte for a swim early tomorrow. Might just have brekkie and gaze at the clouds and sea in wonderment.

I tell you... there's a weird yellow glow in the sky here. Like God has a bad urinary tract infection.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:29 am

Galted wrote:

Cheers, LB, but we already have michaels's missus for the culture-free input.

There was a distinct lack of culture last night as she was being hoisted on to a bed pan.....

Quite disappointed with the lack of utensils in her room to recreate a movie scene. I had to make do with a rather unimpressive Walt Jnr impression using her crutches which she didn't find funny anyway.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:31 am

Linebreaker wrote:Wow, sean. Like a big grey croissant. I was going to meet up with some mates in Bronte for a swim early tomorrow. Might just have brekkie and gaze at the clouds and sea in wonderment.

I tell you... there's a weird yellow glow in the sky here. Like God has a bad urinary tract infection.

You may want to read this. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/residents-in-blue-mountains-and-rural-communities-preparing-for-hail-flash-flooding/story-fni0cx12-1226848087852

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:31 am

seanmichaels wrote:I had to make do with a rather unimpressive Walt Jnr impression using her crutches which she didn't find funny anyway.

Some people just have no sense of humour, seany.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:33 am

Linebreaker wrote:Wow, sean. Like a big grey croissant. I was going to meet up with some mates in Bronte for a swim early tomorrow. Might just have brekkie and gaze at the clouds and sea in wonderment.

Or drinking Berocca.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:35 am

seanmichaels wrote:

You may want to read this. http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/residents-in-blue-mountains-and-rural-communities-preparing-for-hail-flash-flooding/story-fni0cx12-1226848087852

Yeah, I'm not far from that at all. Just popped outside... and noticed that hundreds of 1" mushrooms have suddenly appeared. I only mowed the lawns 4 days ago and they weren't there this morning... let alone at lunchtime!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Quite disappointed with the lack of utensils in her room to recreate a movie scene. I had to make do with a rather unimpressive Walt Jnr impression using her crutches which she didn't find funny anyway.

Laugh 

Women just don't have sophisticated senses of humour like we do.  I told mine I had a restraining order keeping me away from kids to get out of babysitting and when I hurriedly admitted that it wasn't true she didn't even smile.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:37 am

seanmichaels wrote:I had to make do with a rather unimpressive Walt Jnr impression using her crutches which she didn't find funny anyway.

Some people just have no sense of humour, seany.

It's not like I was taking the pi55 out of the condition.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:41 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh 

Women just don't have sophisticated senses of humour like we do.  I told mine I had a restraining order keeping me away from kids to get out of babysitting and when I hurriedly admitted that it wasn't true she didn't even smile.

Mate was having a party and they'd just put my sort of niece in the bath. He cam ed own and tried to be funny by saying 'does friendly uncle michaels want to go and see lily in the bath'. I held my fingers to his nose and said I've already been. He and a few other blokes found it hilarious. The women were disgusted.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh 

Mate was having a party and they'd just put my sort of niece in the bath. He cam ed own and tried to be funny by saying 'does friendly uncle michaels want to go and see lily in the bath'. I held my fingers to his nose and said I've already been. He and a few other blokes found it hilarious. The women were disgusted.....

Similar thing happened to me at Christmas with my Bishop's Finger joke, seany. People just don't seem to appreciate a good kiddie fiddling joke these days.

It is PC gone mad, I tell ya.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 8:49 am

What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Saturday likely to be giving the cricket pitches their first real cut of the year. Sunday all about the rugby. Probably gonna go 10 pack of J Smith's or Boddingtons

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:04 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Laugh 

That's just genius. If the DM caught wind of it they'd try to stir up a national outcry.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:07 am

seanmichaels wrote:What does everyone have planned for the weekend?

Saturday likely to be giving the cricket pitches their first real cut of the year. Sunday all about the rugby. Probably gonna go 10 pack of J Smith's or Boddingtons

There's a good chance I'll be going to a couple of exhibitions at the National Portrait Gallery.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:13 am

Galted wrote:

There's a good chance I'll be going to a couple of exhibitions at the National Portrait Gallery.

Do you like doing that kind of stuff or is purely to impress the missus?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:29 am

Palying poker tonight Seany, buying a film to watch tomorrow night. Not sure what to go for, may be Captain Philips, have heard good things about it.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:31 am

Rowley wrote:Palying poker tonight Seany, buying a film to watch tomorrow night. Not sure what to go for, may be Captain Philips, have heard good things about it.

I quite fancy captain phillips. may give it a go on saturday as well.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:36 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

Don't mind it if it's free but it's mainly for making an impression. It's now been changed to a trip to Bath, didn't you recommend a restaurant there a few months ago?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:38 am

Tino's missus.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:42 am

Galted wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:

Don't mind it if it's free but it's mainly for making an impression.  It's now been changed to a trip to Bath, didn't you recommend a restaurant there a few months ago?

Yes. King William Pub. Small but top notch . http://www.kingwilliampub.com/

Bath is a brilliant city. Independant pubs, restaurants shops etc.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 07 Mar 2014, 9:52 am

Rowley wrote:Palying poker tonight Seany

Playing poker. A new tattoo.

Have you just walked of the set of a Guy Ritchie film or what?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next