The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+8
rIck_dAgless
seanmichaels
Pal Joey
kingraf
ShahenshahG
Rowley
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Apr - 9:16

First topic message reminder :

And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:32

Union Cane wrote:Couple of cheese & pickle rolls (made by my own fair hand this very morning)
A big lump of chocolate brownie
Crème Egg
Tangerines (x2)
Bananana
Apple
Kellogg's Nutri-grain Breakfast Bake (Raisin)
Several Kinder "Schoko-Bons"

That is all.

No wonder you are still struggling to make LHW.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:34

seanmichaels wrote:

Tuna Sub Roll: Too fishy for me

Laugh 

Only you, Seany, only you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Apr - 13:37

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

Tuna Sub Roll: Too fishy for me

Laugh 

Only you, Seany, only you.

I don't like fish. If you read the fish recipe thread you'd realise how a non-fishy tuna sandwich should be made.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:39

seanmichaels wrote:

If you read the fish recipe thread

Unlikely to happen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Apr - 13:41

Union Cane wrote:Couple of cheese & pickle rolls (made by my own fair hand this very morning)
Crème Egg
Tangerines (x2)
Bananana
Apple

That is all.

Proper healthy bit of dinner, that is.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:42

Union Cane wrote:
Crème Egg
Tangerines (x2)
Bananana
Apple

That is all.

Proper healthy bit of dinner, that is.

How is TIMC?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Apr - 13:46

Well thanks, very well.

Speak of the devil, just received a text telling me that a big bird has just shat on her coat .
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:48

Union Cane wrote:Well thanks, very well.

Speak of the devil, just received a text telling me that a big bird has just shat on her coat .

Was it Kim?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Apr - 13:52

Was an eagle or a pelican by the sound of it, apparently there "is bloody loads of it".
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:53

Union Cane wrote: apparently there "is bloody loads of it".

Yep, sounds like Kim.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 25 Apr - 13:53

Is imaginary bird mess as difficult to shift as actual bird mess?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Apr - 13:56

I'll find out when I get home I should imagine. I'll let you know next week.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:56

Union Cane wrote:I'll find out when I get home I should imagine. I'll let you know next week.

If an imaginary bird shat on TIMC, do you get imaginary good luck?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 25 Apr - 13:58

Interesting point. Isn't all luck imaginary anyway?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 13:59

Union Cane wrote:Interesting point. Isn't all luck imaginary anyway?

Hmmm. That is what I love about you, Union, always getting us thinking.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Apr - 14:44

Union and Scott posting on the same day. Rare sight these days.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Apr - 14:46

Scott has the original Michaels as a 'friend'. That was a great avatar.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 25 Apr - 14:59

I preferred Razzaq.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Fri 25 Apr - 16:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys8B3u0oPGw

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 25 Apr - 20:27

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I preferred Razzaq.

Razzaq was in the south of france.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 7:02

Sluggish on here... and I'm sick as a dog
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 7:03

Tremendous on here today.

Bloody tremendous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 7:05

kingraf wrote:Sluggish on here... and I'm sick as a dog

So it's not just enough to be first, you have to delay your post to make my defeat all the more painful?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 7:05

Rubbish on here today.

Bloody rubbish.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 7:13

Sorry Galted - I'm damn sick, and working on a national holiday, I'll take any any cheap victory I can get.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 7:19

Horrid weekend. Spent it in bed. All by myself, with no one to look after me. Plus my cricket club got bowled out for 68 in the national club championships. At least basketball season starts in a few days.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 7:39

kingraf wrote:Horrid weekend. Spent it in bed. All by myself, with no one to look after me. Plus my cricket club got bowled out for 68 in the national club championships. At least basketball season starts in a few days.

I quite enjoyed it when my team were crap without me.

And alcohol solves all loneliness problems.

Last edited by Galted on Mon 28 Apr - 7:42; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 7:41

Galted wrote:
kingraf wrote:Horrid weekend. Spent it in bed. All by myself, with no one to look after me. Plus my cricket club got bowled out for 68 in the national club championships. At least basketball season starts in a few days.

I also enjoyed when my team were crap without me.

And alcohol solves all loneliness problems.

And it could be worse...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/cricket/27177518

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 7:50

That Is bad. Reminds me of when my under 10 team was bowled out for six. I came in at eleven, and was run out for zero, of zero balls.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr - 8:11

I'm not feeling 100%. Think the niece may have given me a Poopie bug. Good weekend though, managed to cut and roll the square in 4 directions each. Mark out the wickets and change the oil on the mowers. Made a lovely pulled pork recipe on Saturday as well. Tremendous.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 8:17

I hate anyone who had a good weekend. Ergo, I hate you Sean.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr - 8:17

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:And I am beating Galted.

Life is good.

Nothing more to add.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr - 8:21

Life is good.

Nothing more to add.

What clobber do you have on today?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr - 8:26

seanmichaels wrote:

Life is good.

Nothing more to add.

What clobber do you have on today?

Lovely of you to ask, Sean. A light blue shirt (no tie) with a black jumper (Next). Dark trousers and black shoes. Gone back to my previous pair of shoes as the newest ones I bought are still rubbing my heel too much. Kim said good morning again so I think she was impressed

What about you?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 8:28

I rode one of those Boris bikes in Hyde Park yesterday.  Went whizzing about, hither and thither, feeling like I was king of the world until some lycraed-up c*nt on a proper bicycle shot past me, barely pedalling.  I hope that he got hit my by a bus or a large van shortly afterwards.

Last edited by Galted on Mon 28 Apr - 8:46; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : trying to save face)

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr - 8:33

Lovely of you to ask, Sean.  A light blue shirt (no tie) with a black jumper (Next).  Dark trousers and black shoes.  Gone back to my previous pair of shoes as the newest ones I bought are still rubbing my heel too much.  Kim said good morning again so I think she was impressed

What about you?

Dark blue trousers, blue tie and small checked blue shirt. Brown leather shoes with a small hole on the sole. Forgot my belt which means the 34inch trousers are sagging a little.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Apr - 8:35

Is a bit overkill on the blue Sean, should try and mix things up a bit (Tina that is not carte blanche for you to unleash one of your comedy ties)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr - 8:38

Rowley wrote:Is a bit overkill on the blue Sean, should try and mix things up a bit (Tina that is not carte blanche for you to unleash one of your comedy ties)

What are you wearing today, Jeff? Boilersuit or dungarees?

How was Bruno? Did TSMR enjoy it and did you ask Frank if he saw me at Wembley in '95?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr - 8:38

Galted wrote:I rode one of those Boris bikes in Hyde Park yesterday.  Went whizzing about, hither and thither, feeling like I was king of the world until some lycraed-up c*nt on a proper bicycle shot past me, barely pedalling.  I hope that he got hit my a bus or a large van shortly afterwards.

I had a contretemps with 2 lycra clad cyclists yesterday. Just sat there on a T junction chatting meaning a left turn was fraught with difficulty. They got 2 fingers and a couple of expletives. I generally have a good relationship with them. They seem to like screams of allez, allez, allez! as you pass them.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 8:48

I like Tina's dress sense. He'd be a hit in the office.

Wearing a rather plain combo today.
Jet black Chinos
Bright white shirt
Black and white schoolboy tie
Black brogues.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 28 Apr - 8:51

kingraf wrote:I like Tina's dress sense. He'd be a hit in the office.

Thanks Raf. You're obviously a man who appreciates sartorial elegance when he sees it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 28 Apr - 8:54

Rowley wrote:Is a bit overkill on the blue Sean, should try and mix things up a bit (Tina that is not carte blanche for you to unleash one of your comedy ties)

What are you wearing today, Jeff?  Boilersuit or dungarees?

How was Bruno?  Did TSMR enjoy it and did you ask Frank if he saw me at Wembley in '95?

Brownish trousers, blue shirt with slight yellow patterning on. Bruno was good, Johnny Nelson was on as well, and he was funny and told a good story, which made up for Frank's inability to do likewise. Got a lovely photo of me and TSMR with the both of them, and Bruno signed the glove Holyfield refused to sign so all was good. Frank did not seem to understand the question about whether he remembered you.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 8:54

You're welcome Tina. There's a lad in middle management who wears some outrageous combos. Friday was Causal, and he rocked up in a bright green suit. Bastard Pulled it off.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 8:56

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:I rode one of those Boris bikes in Hyde Park yesterday.  Went whizzing about, hither and thither, feeling like I was king of the world until some lycraed-up c*nt on a proper bicycle shot past me, barely pedalling.  I hope that he got hit my a bus or a large van shortly afterwards.

I had a contretemps with 2 lycra clad cyclists yesterday. Just sat there on a T junction chatting meaning a left turn was fraught with difficulty. They got 2 fingers and a couple of expletives. I generally have a good relationship with them. They seem to like screams of allez, allez, allez! as you pass them.

Was trying to think up something witty and scathing to scream at the cyclist yesterday but he was out of earshot fairly quickly.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 8:59

the middle finger is always effective.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 9:03

kingraf wrote:the middle finger is always effective.

It's been a while since I cycled, wasn't too confident about leaving part of the handlebars unattended.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 28 Apr - 9:09

I'm getting on the bike next week, or the week after, to start preparing for Joburgs favourite race, a 94.7km race in November. Lord alone knows how I'll cycle that far.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 28 Apr - 9:24

I was enjoying my weekend until a cyclist mate of mine (very nice chap, if a bit over-keen on the cycling thing - he wears lycra), having just overtaken a plodding buffoon on a Boris bike, had his head removed from his shoulders by a large van.
Some uncaring cynics will no doubt say he deserved it, but his children seem to think otherwise.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 28 Apr - 9:29

JuliusHMarx wrote:I was enjoying my weekend until a cyclist mate of mine (very nice chap, if a bit over-keen on the cycling thing - he wears lycra), having just overtaken a plodding buffoon on a Boris bike, had his head removed from his shoulders by a large van.
Some uncaring cynics will no doubt say he deserved it, but his children seem to think otherwise.

Cheers, Julius, I've just started to enjoy this particular Monday. Let me know when and where the funeral is, will try to do a Boris-bike wheelie past the coffin as a send-off. Will bring the cat round as well, the Galted & cat routine should cheer the kids up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 28 Apr - 9:31

I have a tragic animal story......

On saturday my Dad's missus was walking her dogs when she noticed one of her rescue exmoor ponies had a glistening 'arris. When she went over to investigate she stumbled upon a newborn foal. Total surprise although the mother had fattened up a bit. Anyway they got in touch to tell me they'd named it after my (non blood) niece and how happy they were. I obviously told my niece and we arranged to take her down next weekend to see it. Unbeknownst to me the foal started having difficulties on saturday night and by the morning had to be put down. Turns out it was a wrong'un and they couldn't do anything. Shame as the step mum had just lost her hand reared sheep (lived in the house for first couple of years) earlier in the week and they thought the foal was some kind of blessing.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next