The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raw spoiler

+16
Hero
Enforcer
ManUtdImy
Crimey
DrDeath
liverbnz
Fernando
NickisBHAFC
Nakatomi Plaza
TopoftheChops
Ché Guerrero
Dolphin Ziggler
Mr H
TheCultOfPersonality
Samo
JoshSansom
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Raw spoiler - Page 2 Empty Raw spoiler

Post by Guest Tue May 13, 2014 7:10 am

First topic message reminder :

So it seems Bryan will be giving up the title after he announced he needs surgery

Were does that leave the title now? Will it be incorporated into one of the ongoing feuds either shield v evolution or cena v wyatt?

Back to top Go down

Raw spoiler - Page 2 Empty Re: Raw spoiler

Post by Samo Thu May 15, 2014 10:50 am

Even if people would rather chant with Bryan rather than listen to a promo, the fact they dont chant as loud with anyone else proves Bryan is more over.

Yes, the chant is over, but the fact no one else can get the crowd going as much as Bryan says everything. Bryan gets the chant over, not the other way.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu May 15, 2014 5:13 pm

WWE has announced that WWE World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan successfully underwent neck surgery today in Pittsburgh, PA with Dr. James Maroon. Bryan is now wearing a soft neck brace and is already out of bed. He is expected to be released from the hospital in 1-2 days.

WWE noted that a lingering nerve issue with Bryan's neck caused them to have to perform a cervical foraminotomy in order to decompress the root of the nerve. During that procedure, surgeons go in through the back of the neck and shave the inside edges of joints in the neck and spine that are causing compression in order to prevent the eventual collapse of a spinal disc.

WWE adds that there is no timetable for Bryan's return yet. Usual recovery from this procedure for heavy physical activity is 2-3 months.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by JoshSansom Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

That would indicate that at best he would make MiTB, more likely a return at Summerslam... could go down the route of stripping him of the title and then bringing him back for SS?

JoshSansom

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Thu May 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Looks like Abeyance is going to get it's second title run in less than a year. MITB would be a great event to crown a new champion seeing as there's no stand out candidate.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu May 15, 2014 7:14 pm

If they do strip Bryan of the title, I would like to see the title being put in a six man ladder match. May also allow them to do another six man ladder match for the Money in the Bank shot if they wanted.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu May 15, 2014 8:34 pm

What they should have done with Bryan is have someone else have taken him out rather than Kane, no one wants to see him when fit go back into a feud with him, but if instead someone else had taken out the champ then it's a ready made feud for the title upon his return.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri May 16, 2014 2:36 am

Alternatively, give the title to Kane short term. No-one can say his years of service doesn't deserve/warrant another title run, then when Bryan returns he wins it back. Logical booking as well. Give Kane a couple of defences in the likes of Ziggler, Roman Reigns or even Big Show to keep him busy.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Fri May 16, 2014 2:44 am

Kane vs Big Show as the main event = cha ching!

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Fri May 16, 2014 11:19 am

Hero wrote:What they should have done with Bryan is have someone else have taken him out rather than Kane, no one wants to see him when fit go back into a feud with him, but if instead someone else had taken out the champ then it's a ready made feud for the title upon his return.
100% Spot on.

Had to be Bray Wyatt for me, it would have had the long term effect of planning for him away from Cena, they have history too and its a fresh main event feud for the Summer.

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Sat May 17, 2014 2:37 am

This feels like watching people argue over which is better cheese and cucumber sandwiches or cucumber and cheese! I have to say (just to add my opinion).

Daniel Bryan got the YES! chant over by sticking with it before it really blew up, by the time it got popular is helped him get even more over...it's a weird cycle that has worked really well for him.

Would the YES! chant have worked if someone like Big Show had started it? Probably not..Ziggler? Probably would have but then again there were probably other wrestlers back in the day who could have used the 3:16 line. The point is that Bryan got the YES! chant to where it is and now it has a life of his own...it's like the Ramones shirts you get in Primark, some people might not know who they are but they like the design.

I think someone people need to look in the mirror, I've seen people go from loving Bryan to already turning on him because he's got the titles now...it's ridiculous!

6 months ago:
Daniel Bryan is awesome, it's so good to see someone we like getting their shot!

Now:
Bryan's only over because of that chant! #wewantpunk

6 months from now:
I wish Punk never came back, he's such a diva...I can't believe WWE dropped the ball with Bryan!

Also Cesaro for champion.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat May 17, 2014 8:01 am

I think both me and H having been saying this for months now. It also again shows the lack of understanding in the point; we're not saying Bryan is only over cos of the chant, nor that we don't like him. Its just people have used that chant to justify things that don't really make sense.

And I know I've been saying the whole time, throughout the Bryan push, thats hes good but not Punk levels of good. I like Bryan, I'm relatively happy he's champion, but he has weaknesses. I think I'm on record with this all. WWE have not helped him in this first month or so, neither has injury and the death of his father, so its pretty impossible to judge him. Where he lacks that the wonderful Punk didnt is that Punk could keep pretty much any feud interesting with the mic.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by robbo277 Mon May 19, 2014 6:04 pm

I wouldn't mess with Cena/Wyatt or the Shield vs Evolution by throwing the WWE Championship into the mix.

I think Kane should demand his title shot at Payback, and then they should have a match between Barrett (IC Champ) and Sheamus (US Champ) for the number 1 contendership, which Sheamus goes on to win.

Dean Ambrose then reacts badly, having had the US title unfairly taken from him and with it the chance to fight for the WWE Championship. After beating Evolution at Payback, the Shield then interfere in the WWE Championship match, causing a no contest. The title remains vacant.

At Money in the Bank, you can then have a 6 man ladder match as suggested for both the Money in the Bank briefcase and the WWE Championship. Kane and Sheamus would have to be in the WWE Championship one, but then you could add Cena, Wyatt, Orton and Reigns. I would have Orton and Reigns on the top of the ladder, before Sheamus pulls Reigns off it and throws him to the ground. Sheamus should then let Orton take the Championship, completing Sheamus' heel turn and bringing him into Evolution in place of Batista, who should be off making movies. That gives Evolution the WWE Championship and the US Championship, cementing their place as the power group in the WWE and giving fresh life to their battle with the Shield.

What happens next then depends on Bryan's recovery, Lesnar's contract dates and CM Punk, but as a way of transitioning the Championship from Bryan's injury to a credible holder I think it works well.

robbo277

https://twitter.com/#!/robbo277

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2