The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

+17
naxroy
CaledonianCraig
Gerry SA
banbrotam
invisiblecoolers
The Special Juan
kingraf
FedsFan
sirfredperry
Jahu
bogbrush
Silver
summerblues
reckoner
88Chris05
AFCWomble42
HM Murdock
21 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 8 Empty Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Well folks here it is. We are down to the nitty gritty. Is it a time for new hero's? Or will the old guard starve off the new breed?

Djokovic in his 5th Wimbledon semi final. Federer in his 8th.

Dimitrov and Raonic in their first Slam semi finals respectively.

If we go by the H2H we should expect another Federer and Djokovic final. However, it's a Slam and anything can happen.

I actually have the day off, so take that work! Can't wait for some stonking tennis action!

Last edited by legendkillarV2 on Fri 04 Jul 2014, 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 8 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by summerblues Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:28 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:I was actually finished  watching the WC match between Germany and France
You too?  I think we both may be under the evil spell of BOO, who must have visited East Coast recently.  I did not see a single point played in the Fed match (but will watch at least some of it later today).

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals - Page 8 Empty Re: Wimbledon Day 11 - Men's Semi Finals

Post by summerblues Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:30 pm

I did not see Fed's match but it sounds like he must have been all right.

The man has been broken once the whole tournament so far.  I suspect that will change in a hurry on Sunday.  Still, against Nole at Wimbledon, he might have a chance.

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:39 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:What a yawn  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry Milos you really should take up baseball  or ice hockey... tennis is not your game for sure.

The sad thing is I think he'll win a major or two in between the Big Four retiring and players younger than him breaking through.

You are probably right TSJ though I wont be turning my tv on  Rolling Eyes  The match must have been bad I was actually finished  watching the WC match between Germany and France......ME WATCH FOOTBALL...depends on what kind of  boredom you choose to die by

Do you not get the seniors over there?  Goran and Ljubicic are playing doubles.  They're a laugh.

Have you watched Laconte and Berrani(not sure my spelling is correct) but they are a hoot !!!!

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:52 pm

Haddie-nuff wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:What a yawn  zzzzzzzzzzzzzz sorry Milos you really should take up baseball  or ice hockey... tennis is not your game for sure.

The sad thing is I think he'll win a major or two in between the Big Four retiring and players younger than him breaking through.

You are probably right TSJ though I wont be turning my tv on  Rolling Eyes  The match must have been bad I was actually finished  watching the WC match between Germany and France......ME WATCH FOOTBALL...depends on what kind of  boredom you choose to die by

Do you not get the seniors over there?  Goran and Ljubicic are playing doubles.  They're a laugh.

Have you watched Laconte and Berrani(not sure my spelling is correct) but they are a hoot !!!!

Yeah!! I caught a bit of them earlier today when Henri hit the ball at his opponent. There's a great compilation of them on YouTube somewhere.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Jul 2014, 2:54 pm

Watching the ex pros shows just how fun tennis can be.

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:06 pm

Is haddie ever happy?

Kyrgios should've let Nadal through shouldn't he!

I can't think of a better final between the 2 most appeasing players on tour. Raonic would have won a set off Nole today and Murray... I won't mention players who do not make grass QF's lol.
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:13 pm

Is haddie ever happy?

I  sure am JM and Im never more happy than when you stop posting... so go take a holiday and I will be extatic Very Happy

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:25 pm

Haddie I will be on holiday on the 13th  Cool 

I accept Raonic isn't a great grass player i'd rather Kyrgios had beat him to be honest. Will you be wearing your Serbia flag on Sunday?

Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by Jahu Fri 04 Jul 2014, 4:50 pm

Is HN not spanish?
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Fri 04 Jul 2014, 5:00 pm

I. Will you be wearing your Serbia flag on Sunday?

Is HN not spanish?

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing 

Im  torn between wearing the flag of St George, the Spanish Flag or the Maple Leaf

please do not associate me with the Serbian Flag

Enjoy your holiday JM... dont rush back we will cope without you Wink

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by summerblues Sat 05 Jul 2014, 12:29 am

Dimitrov will move into the rankings top 10 for the first time.  At #9, he will now be ahead of Andy (dropping to #10).

Perhaps even more interestingly, he will be ahead of Andy even in the Race (#6 vs #7).

summerblues

Back to top Go down

Post by FedsFan Sat 05 Jul 2014, 4:49 am

Does anyone up here know what the queues are like for ground passes on mens final day? Has anyone attempted it? I am guessing slightly less demand as Murray is not in the final?

FedsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:52 am

If Raonic and Dry Paint were in a room together.........

who would be bored first?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:04 am

I'd watch Raonic so long as he wasn't speaking, then I'd go with the paint.

Seems a decent lad though, shouldn't be cruel. Just zero on-court charisma.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:06 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:If Raonic and Dry Paint were in a room together.........

who would be bored first?

picard

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:14 am

I wasn't referring to his personality just his way of playing  OK 

What's wrong haddie?
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by bogbrush Sat 05 Jul 2014, 8:18 am

Rafa's started losing to teenagers.
bogbrush
bogbrush

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:16 am

Yeah Rafa was only 17 when he took his first scalp.... WHO was that can you remember ?

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:32 am

Yeah the shoe's on the other foot now though Wink

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Josiah Maiestas Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:35 am

Haddie-nuff wrote:Yeah Rafa was only 17 when he took his first scalp....  WHO was that can you remember ?
Let's not start talking about Rafa's scalp...  Laugh 

Proper grass tennis when Rafa doesn't reach the last 8  clap 
Josiah Maiestas
Josiah Maiestas

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:41 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:

OMG I can't believe you said that poooor Rafito where's a moderator when you need one  Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad 

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:52 am

Josiah Maiestas wrote:
Haddie-nuff wrote:Yeah Rafa was only 17 when he took his first scalp....  WHO was that can you remember ?

Proper grass tennis when Rafa doesn't reach the last 8  clap 

You mean like Federer last year Jm.. went home after the second round didnt he ??? why dont you go and start packing for your holiday because if you dig another hole you might fall in it and then we will never find you  Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo Yahoo

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:54 am

oh look animated pictures whoopee

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 05 Jul 2014, 10:17 am

reckoner wrote:OMG I can't believe you said that poooor Rafito where's a moderator when you need one   Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  

Nadal is not playing the finals in W 2014. It is Djokovic v Federer, in case some here have a forgotten and want to drag poor Rafito into this.

No trench warfare, JM, H-n, BB, Reckoner, please. rose

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 1:52 pm

laverfan wrote:
reckoner wrote:OMG I can't believe you said that poooor Rafito where's a moderator when you need one   Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  Sad  

Nadal is not playing the finals in W 2014. It is Djokovic v Federer, in case some here have a forgotten and want to drag poor Rafito into this.

No trench warfare, JM, H-n, BB, Reckoner, please. rose

Satire <> trench warfare laverfan! Off for  Ale Ale Ale  Have a great evening Smile

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sat 05 Jul 2014, 4:46 pm

Enjoy your pint(s) and hopefully your friends will show up this time. Wink

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 05 Jul 2014, 7:24 pm

I am now convinced Dimi will be a multi-surface multi-slam winner. He's improving the stamina and mental strength a lot and he has the game and variety and the class on grass and maybe even clay
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:41 pm

laverfan wrote:Enjoy your pint(s) and hopefully your friends will show up this time. Wink

It's always like this in London we are at the mercy of our idiotic transport system! Pints were enjoyed, footie was endured, bring on the final tomorrow, I mean today!

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by reckoner Sat 05 Jul 2014, 9:45 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:I am now convinced Dimi will be a multi-surface multi-slam winner. He's improving the stamina and mental strength a lot and he has the game and variety and the class on grass and maybe even clay

Let's hope so - I like the way he plays.

reckoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8