The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl

+33
trebellbobaggins
Hoggy_Bear
Hibbz
killer938
Ozzy3213
JDizzle
Gregers
Scrumpy
invisiblecoolers
LivinginItaly
Mat
dummy_half
Nakatomi Plaza
Dorothy_Mantooth
liverbnz
GSC
Stella
CaledonianCraig
Pal Joey
alfie
jimbohammers
Mad for Chelsea
Mike Selig
kingraf
mystiroakey
Gerry SA
DP
Duty281
hampo17
Good Golly I'm Olly
ChequeredJersey
KP_fan
msp83
37 posters

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next

Go down

England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl - Page 7 Empty England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl

Post by msp83 Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

Lets get in the thread early enough.
India 1-0 up and now is the time to keep up the leel of intensity.
For England a few careers might depend on a quick turnaround in fortune here.
The pitch is reported to have some green on it and is expected to be in between the ugly pathetic track for the Trent Bridge and a lively track for the 2nd test at the HQ.
Not many reports on the England xi, but there are indications that Stuart Binny will be out for India, and by reports coming in now, its Rohit Sharma who might come in.

msp83

Back to top Go down

England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl - Page 7 Empty Re: England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl

Post by alfie Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:31 pm

Jordan has to come off. All over the place...get Woakes back.

alfie

Back to top Go down

England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl - Page 7 Empty Re: England v India 3rd Test, Ageas Bowl

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:34 pm

Possibly the worst spell of quick bowling I've seen this summer from Jordan. Needs to be taken off and to regroup at lunch
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:36 pm

Jordan's got the yips. That's never a nice place to be, but when part of an all-seam 4-man attack in a must win test match that's even worse I guess.

I agree with Warne he could try around the wicket because it can help get your action back.

Broad at mid-on has a role to play here, needs to help him relax a bit.

Pitch has plenty of carry now.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:41 pm

mystiroakey wrote: Line and length. thats all

Much easier said than done I'm afraid.

alfie wrote:Jordan has to come off.  All over the place...get Woakes back.

Fine line though. Jordan has to bowl at some stage, every time you take him off his confidence takes that little bit more of a bash.

Woakes on now for Broad. I expect England will try to make sure they have one of Anderson and Broad bowling through most of the day.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:49 pm

Woakes is bowling too wide......a containing line, looks like a bowler who "thinks" his job is to contain and not attack.

as I wrote last night........Ind has to be wary of Anderson and Broad....and those two also cannot keep the same pace and intensity all day
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:53 pm

You do indeed have to give Jordan his chance : and I'm not blind to the issue of confidence.
But I think with Broad pressing hard one end , and three down already , it was a bad time for the other bowler to be donating free runs.
I'd have had him off a bit sooner ; well I say that - but in reality I've been there often enough as a captain , and sometimes I've given the young fellow another one in hopes etc...can't blame Cook for his choice.
Ali should have had one then , but ...a few decisions making the case for drs in this game...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:55 pm

AJINKYA RAHANE IS A Poopie BLOKE
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:56 pm

Woakes has looked OK but I agree with Gerry he seems to swing it out the hand mainly. Looks a bit more dangerous when he goes wide on the crease and angles it in more.

Rahane has looked a bit fidgety this innings - played at a couple away from his body, a couple of nervous hooks. Now he gets away with a tickle down leg off Moeen Ali. Very tough for the umpire to give those, easy enough with DRS. How England would have loved that one before lunch.

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

India go to lunch at 108-3. Kohli has survived so far and has 18 on the board, and Rahane is on 11, survived with a bit of luck on the way.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:03 pm

Fairly even session. England will be happy to see the back of Vijay, would've been happier with Rahane
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:04 pm

--Rahane decision and the on-field umpiring in general shows.......how these little microscopic touches and marginal decisions are best left to go with the flow of the onfield umpire.

--and that these things even out with time........plus there are no controversies.
India needs all the luck that Eng had.....1.5 drop catch per 50 runs that any bastman got.

--the only glaring error was when referred to the 3rd umpire and he made a mess of slip catch
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:10 pm

KP fan mate Wink

No one is buying it. We all rate DRS, I would like to see a couple of changes , but no one will get swayed by your constant referring to DRS being proved to be a bad system every time a bad call is  given by the umpires Shocked  Shocked

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Mike Selig Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:13 pm

KP_fan wrote:--Rahane decision and the on-field umpiring in general shows.......how these little microscopic touches and marginal decisions are best left to go with the flow of the onfield umpire.

--and that these things even out with time........plus there are no controversies.
India needs all the luck that Eng had.....1.5 drop catch per 50 runs that any bastman got.

--the only glaring error was when referred to the 3rd umpire and he made a mess of slip catch

Hahahahahahahahahaha very good satire

oh wait, you were serious?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mike Selig

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:15 pm

Mike Selig wrote:
oh wait, you were serious?
KP_fan
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:19 pm

Just lolz
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:37 pm

mystiroakey wrote:KP fan mate Wink

No one is buying it. We all rate DRS, I would like to see a couple of changes , but no one will get swayed by your constant referring to DRS being proved to be a bad system every time a bad call is  given by the umpires Shocked  Shocked

no one's buying it ???
ECb and BCCI and ICC have bought it ( ie not using it).....and that is why its not being used.

and i simply observe they have all made a good decision
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:40 pm

I am talking about us on here Wink

The ECB have no say as its been agreed both teams have to allow its usage..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:46 pm

I like the game to have more correct decisions. I don't think decisions even out, it really doesn't work that way.
I am though, not convinced by the howler argument that is dusted off each time the DRS makes a mess of things or when too much of luck comes into the scenario with the benefit of doubt to the umpire system that DRS seems to have conventionalized.
I hope there is a more polished DRS that is evenly applied everywhere, and the BCCI could drop their stubbornness about the system.
There are problems with the BCCI's position on the issue, but the big 3 and the rest of the cricketing world has to take the responsibility for theuneven application of the DRS even when it is applied for non-India games.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:47 pm

mystiroakey wrote:I am talking about us on here Wink

The ECB have no say as its been agreed both teams have to allow its usage..

-us here includes those who do no prefer DRS usage in present form.

--so ECB agreed that one party can veto the usage ?? Instead of agreeing that its should be used universally with no exceptions.

so ECB has a say and has used their say to agree for a non universal implementation
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:53 pm

Even though i have argued that DRS could be changed for the better and possibly should. I have  posted 1000's of posts in the past with my feelings on it. I still prefer DRS as it is to no DRS. There are only a small minority on here that prefer no DRS to this DRS(possibly just you)

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Kohli beginning to get going after lunch.

Still a good pitch, have to be patient.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:55 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Even though i have argued that DRS could be changed for the better and possibly should. I have  posted 1000's of posts in the past with my feelings on it. I still prefer DRS as it is to no DRS. There are only a small minority on here that prefer no DRS to this DRS(possibly just you)

Me to.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:13 pm

Regardless of whether you are pro DRS or not, that logic the 'decisions even themselves out' is absolutely ludicrous. How on earth could they? Is there some arbitar of luck hidden somewhere tallying up every bit of misfortune so they can later level it up? Crazy!

Last edited by liverbnz on Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:14 pm

England are getting wickets at key times- not allowing partnerships to build.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:15 pm

Kohli gone! England well on top now.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 pm

He'll be annoyed with that Kohli, got himself in on a good pitch.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Stella Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 pm

liverbnz wrote:Regardless of whether you are pro DRS or not, that logic that 'decisions even themselves out' is absolutely ludicrous. How on earth could they? Is there some arbitar of luck hidden somewhere tallying up every bit of misfortune so they can later level it up? Crazy!  

I say let the umpires do their jobs, and accept the mistakes, much like in Football.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:16 pm

msp83 wrote:
I hope there is a more polished DRS that is evenly applied everywhere, and the BCCI could drop their stubbornness about the system.
There are problems with the BCCI's position on the issue, but the big 3 and the rest of the cricketing world has to take the responsibility for theuneven application of the DRS even when it is applied for non-India games.

BCCI sound stubborn and bully .......largely because their spokesmen are old bureaucratic babus who are not good in using English language ( but still use it to deliver messages) and completely lack the finesse, sophistication and do not use trained media communictaion experts to make their point across more professionally
Underlying BCCI genreally have a logic. On the DRS issue the likes of Dhoni and Sachin have given some key change points whihc Hawk-Eye and ICC have not shown inclinaton to address :

1) DRS should be not a clever man's strategic tool...but rather an average bloke's tool.
so things like ball clipping the stumps should either be out.....or not out...regardless of umpire's call.

cannot lose reviews after 3 call.....maybe 5 or 10.

How you do it.......is your problem DRS and ICC

2) Hotspot is c.rap......don't talk about it.

3) trajectory projection.......prove it to us that the projected trajectory is calibrated to varying pitch conditions from Colombo to Perth to Mumbai to auckland
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:18 pm

Stella wrote:
liverbnz wrote:Regardless of whether you are pro DRS or not, that logic that 'decisions even themselves out' is absolutely ludicrous. How on earth could they? Is there some arbitar of luck hidden somewhere tallying up every bit of misfortune so they can later level it up? Crazy!  

I say let the umpires do their jobs, and accept the mistakes, much like in Football.
I dislike the idea of using it for every marginal decision, but I don't see how decisions made clear using technology cannot be used.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Politics first

the DRS debate

Tells me one .... England are doing well Wink

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:21 pm

Jordan a bit tighter in that last over, some pressure applied.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:23 pm

Yep much better. He needs to get to his allocation today as Ali's spin isn't a good option on this pitch so far.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:26 pm

Kohli has had a few off dismissals this series. They seem nearly suicidal.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:32 pm

I get the sense Chris Jordan is looking for too much. Could be symptomatic of a player who had a good series, and got dropped because he wasn't particularly rich of wickets, against Sri Lanka. Always difficult for players, especially bowlers to come back having been dropped following a test/tests they weren't particularly poor in. The tendency is to over compensate.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:38 pm

Could do with Jordan or Woakes chipping in with a couple now.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:39 pm

it's an important game for Rohit......if he bats well here......he can edge Dhawan out.....with Pujara moving to open the inning....even if Ind wants to play ashwin in next game
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorothy_Mantooth Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:40 pm

mystiroakey wrote:Politics first

the DRS debate

Tells me one .... England are doing well Wink

Absolutely, next it will be the amount of non Englishman in the team next. That 's an old favourite that gets rolled out when England are doing well.

Dorothy_Mantooth

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:17 pm

First half-century partnership for India in the innings. The job has only started for the 2 Mumbai lads.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:18 pm

Gonna throw out a prediction here.

If India bat until lunch D4, they'll be 150-180 runs behind England. I'm assuming they'll be all out by lunch D4.

So they would be 60/63 overs left on D4. With England already 150-180 in credit.

How many would YOU GUYS be happy to set India.

I'd stay 375-400 in 3 1/2 sessions would be a decent target.

Obviously this is hypothetical as England will enforce follow on if India don't reach the target.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:33 pm

Gerry SA wrote:    Gonna throw out a prediction here.

If India bat until lunch D4, they'll be 150-180 runs behind England. I'm assuming they'll be all out by lunch D4.

So they would be 60/63 overs left on D4. With England already 150-180 in credit.

How many would YOU GUYS be happy to set India.

I'd stay 375-400 in 3 1/2 sessions would be a decent target.

Obviously this is hypothetical as England will enforce follow on if India don't reach the target.  

your scenario in bold appears realistic

the underlined target is too risky......375 in 105 overs( that also if Eng can get 225 runs in 45 overs)......if dhawan gets going.......and dhoni promotes himself and jadeja can be knocked off......puts Eng defeat a 30% scenario....

and if Cook bats longer then he is killing the game towards a draw....

that's why i said Eng were too slow in first 4 session.....certainly the 4th session slow-ness is putting draw into the equation as a strong possibility

Last edited by KP_fan on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:35 pm

Andrew Strauss just called Woakes a like for like replacement for Tim Bresnan. Everyone loves a trier.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:36 pm

Gift for England and Ali. Sharma gone.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:37 pm

375 off 105 is not a 30% India win scenario. Not in a million years.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:39 pm

well Rohit blows up a great opportunity.....similar to Binny's dismissal.......and looking at replays both guys did not pick the attempted Doosra from Moeen.

not quite an ajmal like leg-break doosra but one that just straightens

KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:41 pm

kingraf wrote:375 off 105 is not a 30% India win scenario. Not in a million years.

doesn't matter if it is even 20%.......it puts the same fear in the mind of opponent captain.
and if Dawan gets a 70 odd......it is doable
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

The Offspinner flattered to deceive, not for the first time in his bloody career!. What a joker!.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:42 pm

Hes just rubbish enough to get batsmen to overlook him is Ali.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:46 pm

MS can't defend and survive, he better play his shots, and if he gets in, India can get closer to that follow-on target that looks miles away at the moment.
His 80 ball 19 had its significance in the last game, but that won't do any favors to his side here. He picked the brainless joker rather than Ashwin, he was mostly switched off for the first 2 days as skipper, now is the time for Dhoni to try and make a significant contribution to the attempts to save the game.

Last edited by msp83 on Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:47 pm

Another 12 overs to the new ball, the lower order is sure to struggle against the new ball, so India should score at least 50 without loss in the next 12 overs if they are to have a fighting chance to save the game. Looking rather grim as of now.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:48 pm

Ridiculous dismissal, even more so when one takes into account the time and match situation. England might have been slightly wary had they gone in at the break with India four down, but now it's five down, and Cook will have one eye on finishing this innings tonight.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 15 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next