The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Liga thread

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
Holymiky
88Chris05
GSC
JDizzle
Jermaine2015
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
theslosty
FootballLight
It Must Be Love
Born Slippy
Gerry SA
monty junior
Nakatomi Plaza
nadeem2099
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
Fernando
Ent
kingraf
28 posters

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

La Liga thread Empty La Liga thread

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

Well, with the league in Spain restarting soon, thought I'd put this up. Backed Atlético to repeat this year, and watching last nights game, think I could be right. Think Real will find that we've gone and bought more coats of paint on the Bentley, having sold the engine... Again. It's like history really is bound to repeat itself.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

La Liga thread Empty Re: La Liga thread

Post by Guest Fri 22 Aug 2014, 9:36 pm

Real Madrid already a goal down within a minute

Hope they get hammered. May have a luxury of attacking options but they can't disregard there defence

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Fri 22 Aug 2014, 10:51 pm

Good game developed here.

Madrid banging at the door and atletico counter attacking.

Much higher tempo and commitment that our own charity shield.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 23 Aug 2014, 6:44 am

Yeah, di Maria was missed last night. Against a team like Atleti, his ability to take players on and create "broken" play", which Bale, Ronaldo and Benzema benefited from. Atleti are the best team in Spain, and one of the best in Europe, so I don't think we'll be too badly punished as a general rule, but yeah, we might get found out in the big games.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 23 Aug 2014, 8:16 pm

The Bilbao keeper has been screwed. Epic header though  Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:44 pm

Diego Simeone gives a small slap on the referee's head. Get's 8 match ban.

Ronaldo punches Diego Godin in the face. Get's 0 match ban.

Go figure

#LaLigaBestInTheWorldForFixingOnly

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:10 pm

la liga very rarely ban players retrospectively. It's hardly a shocker... Don't see you demanding Godin get banned for putting Cristiano in a headlock.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:12 pm

In any case, if Pardew got an eight match ban for touching a player, then Diego also gets a little lucky here, as touching an official is always looked at in a hasher manner
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:18 pm

And Mourinho only got 1 for poking Tito in the eye...
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:40 pm

The actual ban itself was only four matches... the rest was a snowball effect, will probably be overturned anyway.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 7:42 pm

I've got money on Diego pulling the repeat, but I don't buy this victim storyline...what I mean the guy is now simultaneously serving three bans!
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 8:10 pm

James has incredibly dark hair.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:38 pm

Anyway, thoughts on the performance.

Rodriguez- he'll come good, but it was an abject performance

Kroos- just the boss. Pretty much already owns every blade of grass at the Bernie. Remarkable control of a match.

Bale-he was there

Ronnie- Fantastic goal, but not quite no the board

The Di Maria factor. Well, yeah we missed him...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:23 pm

Real given up a 2-0 lead to Sociedad 3-2 atm
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:37 pm

I'll never get Real's transfer policy, why they didn't just keep the same side as last season and make a few additions I'll never know
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 31 Aug 2014, 9:37 pm

Real could do with bringing Di Maria off the bench. OH WAIT!! Nyahahahahaha.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:00 pm

I'm not even gonna say anything.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:18 pm

Have Madrid made the galacticos mark 2 and made the same mistakes again?

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 31 Aug 2014, 10:51 pm

You couldn't make it up. I knew it would happen... so did everyone else. Kroos was a good signing, Rodríguez was excess, selling di Maria was as young Oliver would say "HeadsGone". We've Exacerbated the situation by selling Alonso, who would still have been a great squad player and offers greater defensive cover than Kroos or Modric.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sun 31 Aug 2014, 11:10 pm

The main problem is that the defenders are crap. Marcelo is as good as Rafael (hell, I'd argue Rafael is better at defending), Pepe is average at best, Ramos is too inconsistent (like Luiz he's alright on his day but you can count on him doing something daft) and I don't know much about Carvajal so can't judge there. HOWEVER, there is a real lack of quality defenders these days but when Varane matures Real will have one.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 11:26 am

Yeah, just not sure who Real Madrid could have signed to improve the defence, the only players I can think of are the ones who are likely to be not for sale like Kompany or Thiago Silva.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:13 pm

We're so fighting for fourth.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 01 Sep 2014, 8:38 pm

Fredy Guarin heading to Real apparently

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Fri 12 Sep 2014, 3:39 pm

The Madrid side is too attack heavy imo. Last season we had alonso and Di Maria in the centre of midfield. We replaced alonso with kroos, who was a bargain but Di Maria's defensive contribution was what made us win la decima. I don't think the 433 will work this season unless kroos ups his defensive work.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:42 pm

There's something so satisfying about watching Real Madrid losing.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:50 pm

Cracking win that for Atleti. Already two defeats for Real.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sat 13 Sep 2014, 9:29 pm

nadeem2099 wrote:The Madrid side is too attack heavy imo. Last season we had alonso and Di Maria in the centre of midfield.  We replaced alonso with kroos,  who was a bargain but Di Maria's defensive contribution was what made us win la decima. I don't think the 433 will work this season unless kroos ups his defensive work.

Looks like I was right about kroos. Atletico's second goal was because modric and kroos didn't track back. And ancelotti's sub straight after they scored, arbeloa for varane was even more mind boggling.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 14 Sep 2014, 1:53 am

Seriously lads, Atletico to win La Liga is the definition of a blue chip investment. I got 18/1, Cant be much worse now than then.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 20 Sep 2014, 5:40 pm

Good PL players going to La Liga to play for either Real or Barca must be like setting the FIFA difficulty down a level or two. Hernandez has NEVER scored a goal like that volley against Deportivo before.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Sep 2014, 8:39 pm

Ridiculous wasn't it. Deportivo were embarrassing at times, comical. No wonder CR7 bangs another hat-trick to add to his stats.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:23 pm

Holy cow... Yeah Deportivo were poor... I think, only just got home and didn't catch the match. But you still have to put them away. I can't think they are much worse than Ludogroets, and I didn't see Liverpool putting eight past them...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 20 Sep 2014, 10:24 pm

Slightly embarrassing to have conceded two against that lot though
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sun 21 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

kingraf wrote:Slightly embarrassing to have conceded two against that lot though
I heard the commentators say 7 of depor"s starting 11 were making their debut yesterday. I remember a couple of years ago we could never get a win at their stadium but now I hope the bad start to the league is over.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:10 pm

Slightly unrelated but Xabi Alonso made 175 passes for München today. Made 143 midweek. Ridiculous involvement. Taking orchestrating the game to unseen levels. The definition of an Indian summer.

Clean sheet for Real today, so that'll be welcome. Thought the RONALDO banner was pretty lame. Plus it's not gonna happen.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:43 pm

Munich were playing F.C Koln, what do you expect? Alonso in the WC against Chile was ageing & to me, looked very much half the player he once was. He's gone to an easier league in a dominating team, he'll dictate those games with ease.

Yeah, saw the 'come back to United' banner or whatever it said. I think the story has legs, not in the immediate future but maybe in a year or two. Madrid will want to bring in some cash for him & begin rebuilding after him.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:58 pm

Not just Köln, though. He was head and shoulders above every single member of the City midfield as well. Led in touches, passes, distance covered... Was that a weaker side as well?

Don't see it personally. I doubt Ronaldo will finish at Real, but he'll be here for a ways yet. He's sold over six million shirts since he got here, which is more than most clubs have in the last five years. Also adding his image royalties, which we still own 50% I think, and he's simply the embodiment of a cash cow, and will be for at least two or three years. Plus he's scoring, and Utd are fighting mid table mediocrity, which always helps.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:28 pm

Players from Real Zaragoza and Levante have been issued with a summons as part of an investigation into match-fixing.

The game under investigation took place at the end of the 2010-11 season, when Zaragoza won 2-1 at Levante.

Current Atletico Madrid captain Gabi Fernandez scored twice for Zaragoza in a victory that saved the club from relegation.
Both clubs deny any wrongdoing and say they will co-operate fully with the enquiry.
The state prosecutor's office in Madrid said in a statement that it had "started procedures to investigate match-fixing and has summoned players implicated for questioning on 2 October".

In June 2013, Spanish league president Javier Tebas included the Levante-Zaragoza match in a list of nine matches that the league was investigating for possible match-fixing.

If the state prosecutor finds evidence of a crime, the case will be brought to a judge. Match-fixing is a crime in Spain and can lead to prison sentences for individuals and a club being banned from competition.

Uefa president Michel Platini recently spoke about how match-fixing is the biggest threat to the future of football.

The match-fixing scandal engulfing Spanish football extended to La Liga champions Atletico Madrid's captain Gabriel Fernandez 'Gabi' on Thursday, when it was revealed the player told the state prosecutor: 'I did what the club told me to do'.

Gabi was captain of Zaragoza back in 2011. On the last day of the season they had to beat Levante to stand any chance of staying up. Gabi had been inspirational in the season's run-in captaining the side with form that would eventually win him a move to Atletico Madrid. He scored both goals in the 2-1 win that secured safety.

But investigators are investigating the suggestion around 12 Zaragoza players received a total of 120,000 euros in their bank accounts in the week leading up to the game and that they paid their Levante rivals in cash for throwing the match

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 05 Oct 2014, 9:46 pm

I do like our new defensive formation. Whoever is closest to the ball do something. Funny enough that is our offensive formation as well.

Ronaldo hat trick again.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 06 Oct 2014, 10:08 am

I'd love to see you play Chelsea in the CL. It might be the best two legged tie ever.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Oct 2014, 11:03 am

kingraf wrote:Ronaldo hat trick again.

is that 22 hat-tricks in spain, how many did he get in england, one or two? three hat-tricks in four games? the defending is just embarrassing, not to mention the refereeing, whereby ronaldo can just elbow in the third goal. astonishing player, outstanding stats but he's playing in a poor, poor league of defending.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 06 Oct 2014, 11:39 am

Well Suárez is coming over in a few months. Let's see how many hat tricks he gets then? I think the reality is quite simple mate. Spanish league is a technical league. Teams will try play ball, so unlike the EPL, where the weaker teams make up for their inferiority with hard yards, over in La liga it's a talent contest, and you just aren't gonna touch Madrid in that. La Liga isn't a weak league. If it was, your top clubs wouldn't be poaching mid table talent. Bilbao put a pretty nifty Napoli to the sword six weeks ago, so they aren't rubbish. They've obviously not had the best of times recently, but putting five last them is no mean feat. You really think your eighteenth best side, Burnley, could come over and have bigger ambitions than keeping it in single Figures? If Chelsea can put six past Everton, I'd back us to damage most EPL teams.
Also Real are just bloody good. We put five past Basel, and most of you lambasted Basel for being weak, and they just beat 'Pool.

Wouldn't be too afraid of a battle against Chelsea juan. only team in Europe I'd fear is Bayern. Just think they'd have too much of the ball to not expose our soft underbelly.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 06 Oct 2014, 9:40 pm

Indeed you had the bottom team last season go out on away goals in the Europa League last 16, could hardly see Burnley or Cardiff doing that. Like you say the mentality is on technique and attack which to an extent is pretty stupid when you are completely outgunned but works well against teams from other league that lack the technical ability the higher teams in La Liga have.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm

Real Madrid: Casillas; Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo; Kroos, Modric, Isco; Rodriguez, Ronaldo; Benzema.
Barcelona: Bravo; Mathieu, Pique, Mascherano, Alves; Busquets, Xavi, Iniesta; Neymar, Messi, Suarez.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

Real win I think. Surely Messi, Neymar and Suarez can't work?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:18 pm

Barcelona have got this.

Neymar Jr, Suarez and Messi there's no front line better than that in football

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:24 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Real win I think.  Surely Messi, Neymar and Suarez can't work?
It's full of pace, dribbling and clinical finishing. Id be surprised if didn't work out for them that being said i think Madrid win comfortably  angel

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:27 pm

Gonna be comedy watching the two clowns, Pepe and Ramos, get exposed yet again

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Sat 25 Oct 2014, 4:34 pm

Fernando wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:Real win I think.  Surely Messi, Neymar and Suarez can't work?
It's full of pace, dribbling and clinical finishing. Id be surprised if didn't work out for them that being said i think Madrid win comfortably  angel

It depends if they're not greedy with the ball I suppose. If they do click then it might be the best forward line ever.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:07 pm

Xavi is starting Yahoo

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Oct 2014, 5:09 pm

1-0 Neymar but we can't see it until 5.15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next