The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

La Liga thread

+24
Corporalhumblebucket
Holymiky
88Chris05
GSC
JDizzle
Jermaine2015
Duty281
Hammersmith harrier
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
theslosty
FootballLight
It Must Be Love
Born Slippy
Gerry SA
monty junior
Nakatomi Plaza
nadeem2099
Crimey
Good Golly I'm Olly
The Special Juan
Fernando
Ent
kingraf
28 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

La Liga thread - Page 4 Empty La Liga thread

Post by kingraf Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:03 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, with the league in Spain restarting soon, thought I'd put this up. Backed Atlético to repeat this year, and watching last nights game, think I could be right. Think Real will find that we've gone and bought more coats of paint on the Bentley, having sold the engine... Again. It's like history really is bound to repeat itself.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

La Liga thread - Page 4 Empty Re: La Liga thread

Post by Gerry SA Sun 08 Feb 2015, 12:11 am

Fernando wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:
Fernando wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:
Fernando wrote:If he a class apart then he's a level above United Whistle Could see him replacing Hazard at Chelsea if RM/Barca went in for him.
Comedy your new thing Nando... censored

Hazard to Barcelona is a non event, Neymar Jr plays off the left side and he's better than Hazard.

Antoine Griezmann 'supported' Manchester United as a kid but considering he's the heir apparent to Franck Ribery, I see PSG going after him.

No i shall leave that to your rumor mill Whistle

Neymar is highly overrated id take James over him any day of the week angel
You're comparing apples with pears Nando...

Neymar Jr is at his best playing from the left of a front three. Whereas James is a #10. And for the record I like James...just a shame he plays for Real...

Well then shall compare him to LW in La Liga. Griezmann & Ronaldo are both better and more consistent. Apart from his finishing Neymar doesn't seem to bring much to the table from when i watch Barcelona which is almost weekly depending on the SNF.
This is Neymar Jr's second season in European football and he's improved massively. 22 goals in 26 matches(all comps). He's only just turned 23. Imagine how good he will be when he's 26/27.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 08 Feb 2015, 7:05 am

Just caught the highlights... Looks a mess, but I'm not surprised. We got very lucky to best them in Champs League final last year, and I think we've won one of ten or something in recent history. Couldnt negotiate our way out of a Madrid derby if you gave us the directions at the moment. Didn't think we'd win, but I certainly didn't think we'd get dismissed like that. Makes things interesting for sure, as this means that if we tie with Atlético, they win la Liga, so we absolutely have to score more points than them.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 08 Feb 2015, 8:29 pm

King Messi scored after 15 mins vs Bilbao, gap could be down to 1 point if we win.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 08 Feb 2015, 8:36 pm

Suarez makes it 2-0

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 08 Feb 2015, 10:08 pm

Barcelona sealed a 5-2 victory. Messi, Suarez, OG, Neymar Jr and Pedro on the score sheet.

Not plain sailing by any stretch of the imagination, as Bilbao gave it plenty in the second half and got it back to 1-2. Back then Barcelona went through the gears.

Barcelona's 5th goal was all about the greatest of all time Lionel Messi. What he can do with a football will never be matched.

Bilbao finished with 10 men after Etxeita was sent off for a wild lunge on Suarez, who was lucky to avoid a bad injury

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Feb 2015, 3:12 pm

Great to see Messi back to somewhere near his best. Ronaldo struggling recently too is interesting, now he's reached the big three zero Whistle

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 09 Feb 2015, 4:24 pm

LiamB wrote:Great to see Messi back to somewhere near his best. Ronaldo struggling recently too is interesting, now he's reached the big three zero Whistle
Probably more the fact that Ronaldo has finally accepted he'll never be as great as King Leo thumbsup

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 23 Feb 2015, 11:01 am

Thanks Malaga. The leagues not won yet though.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 27 Feb 2015, 8:41 pm

Real Madrid and Barcelona will not have to share revenue from La Liga television rights after the Spanish government backed out of a plan to bring in a law that would force them to do so.

Spain’s big two between them take £204million of the total £550m pot every season and the other clubs, who wanted legislation to force them to reduce their share, are now considering going on strike if the government don't lift their block on the new law being passed.

The rest of Europe was also keen to see the new law because Madrid and Barça earn far more than some of their main Champions League rivals from television deals.

TV EARNINGS 2013-14 - LA LIGA
RANK TEAM EARNINGS (£m)
1 Real Madrid 103.74
2 Barcelona 103.74
3 Valencia 35.57
4 Atletico Madrid 31.12
5 Sevilla 23.71
6 Athletic Bilbao 23.71
7 Villarreal 23.71
8 Real Betis 22.23
9 Espanyol 20.75
10 Real Sociedad 18.53
11 Malaga 18.53
12 Getafe 18.53
13 Osasuna 16.30
14 Celta Vigo 16.30
15 Levante 16.30
16 Granada 13.34
17 Elche 13.34
18 Valladolid 13.34
19 Rayo Vallecano 13.34
20 Almeria 13.34
Total 559.46

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 28 Feb 2015, 10:10 pm

Luis Suarez starting to find the groove at the Camp Nou. He bagged a goal and two assists in Barcelona's 3-1 win over Granada. 13 goals and 15 assists in all competitions.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 01 Mar 2015, 7:47 am

Decent return, but a bit like Bale, that's not what Barça paid all that money for. Could have picked a random kid from La Masía for 13 goals 15 assists.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:32 am

Kingraf, what did you think of last nights match. Thoroughly entertaining, end to end game. Thought Ronaldo would put that header away right at the end. Madrid way too open through the middle was worrying. Need Modrid/Khedira back?

Also, is it me or has Bale lost loads of pace? Looks half the player he was at Spurs

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Mon 02 Mar 2015, 11:39 am

I'll put my 2 cents in it.

I only watched the second half but from what I saw as soon as Villareal brought on Vietto they up'd their tempo and we just couldn't handle him. 2 points dropped though. A 4 point lead over barca would have given us some room for error before the clasico but it's advantage barca now.
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 02 Mar 2015, 6:32 pm

Liam - well... we did escape with a point on balance I suppose. You'd back Ronnie to finish it off there 9/10, guess yesterday was that one.

Re: Bale. I'm in the middle about him. Not the greatest fan ever, but I don't like seeing players forced out by the more unruly elements in the club.

He's a very good player, but I don't think he balances the team well. If you think about when we were at our best this season - the middle of the run, where Ronaldo was in ATG form, and the rest of the team was firing - We played with a 4-4-2, with Modric, Kroos, James, and Isco in the middle, and Ronnie and Benzema up front. Obviously, James And Modric are out, so it's not all on Bale, but I do think with all hands on deck, he isn't quite good enough to start.

I'm a little more hardline about Khedira, but our hand is getting forced a bit. Would hate to play him, but we might have to.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 07 Mar 2015, 9:46 pm

I think Carlo will go at end of season, like to see him take on a challenge like City & manage again in the PL.

Madrid certainly got some issues throughout the side, El clasico is going to be huge now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 07 Mar 2015, 9:56 pm

They're letting me down for a cracking preseason acca.

Carlo should go, done the big job and now he's got the nonsense of Madrid ingrained in him. They were a bit testy last year and then he pulled champions league out.

I think City is likely, I'd like us to ask the ridiculous question Wink

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 08 Mar 2015, 12:40 pm

Apparently, Paul Clement wants to leave Real this summer & take a top job in England, Newcastle already linked. I'd guess if Clement left, Carlo would move on too.

Barcelona also back to the top of La Liga. Messi banged his sixth hat-trick of the season.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 08 Mar 2015, 2:48 pm

It was all so beautiful three months ago. We were on a run, averaged like four a game. Hammered 'Pool in Merseyside, thrashed Barça in Catalonia. Life was good. We had even already won two titles for the season. All going rather pear shaped now, and to make it worse, Atlético aren't even the ones capitalising, so I can't even profit from it @ 18/1
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 08 Mar 2015, 10:55 pm

Funny to think people actually thought Cristiano Ronaldo was better than Leo Messi...

Ronaldo isn't in the great Argentine's class. 

Leo has 395 goals for Barcelona, he may well get #400 against City in CL. 

Luis Suarez coming into his own at the business end of the season. 16 goals and 16 assists now, he could end up with 30 goals and 30 assists. 

The treble dream lives on.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 08 Mar 2015, 11:48 pm

Gerry SA wrote:Funny to think people actually thought Cristiano Ronaldo was better than Leo Messi...

Luis Suarez coming into his own at the business end of the season. 16 goals and 16 assists now, he could end up with 30 goals and 30 assists. 

There was no doubt throughout the last year that Ronaldo was better than Messi, the little Argentinian may be hitting form now but it doesn't take away from Ronaldo's form over 2014.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 09 Mar 2015, 8:21 am

Crimey wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:Funny to think people actually thought Cristiano Ronaldo was better than Leo Messi...

There was no doubt throughout the last year that Ronaldo was better than Messi, the little Argentinian may be hitting form now but it doesn't take away from Ronaldo's form over 2014.
Messi wasn't fully fit for the majority of the 2013-14 season. Those hamstring issues resurfaced. But he had to play as Gerardo Martino was under pressure(throw in Martino is a friend of Messi's father). So 2013-14 wasn't the real Leo.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 09 Mar 2015, 10:14 am

Gerry SA wrote:
Crimey wrote:

Messi wasn't fully fit for the majority of the 2013-14 season. Those hamstring issues resurfaced. But he had to play as Gerardo Martino was under pressure(throw in Martino is a friend of Messi's father). So 2013-14 wasn't the real Leo.

That's fine, but whatever the reasons, Ronaldo was still the better for over a year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 09 Mar 2015, 2:35 pm

Gerry would have rather Fifa decided 2013 & 14 were mere aberrations, and given Messi the Ballon D'or anyway on account of him just being damn better than Ronnie. Actual performance be dawned
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

Rumours Ancelotti will leave this summer, along with Clement.

Been some polls in Madrid this week, amid this crisis of sorts:

Real Madrid should revert to a 4-4-2 formation, according to 92.1 per cent. If that happened, one of Madrid's impressive or more recently, less than impressive, front three would be dropped

Gareth Bale should be dropped, say 46.1 per cent of fans polled & 32.2 per cent would get rid of Cristiano Ronaldo. What a difference a year makes & turning 30.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 09 Mar 2015, 5:15 pm

Real Madrid have ridiculously high expectations that mean it will be unlikely we will ever see a manager last more than two or three seasons there. Ancelotti brought them the Decima last year, they've still got a great chance of winning the league and the Champions League and yet he's under pressure. 

I understand their form hasn't been stellar recently, but most teams have little dips, it's absolutely ridiculous. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ancelotti at Manchester City next season, he did really well at Chelsea and he showed at Real Madrid and PSG that he can still deliver. Equally wouldn't be surprised to see him leave management for a while or even wait for an international job to come around. He's been in hugely high profile positions for a number of years now and he might feel it's time for a break.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 09 Mar 2015, 7:40 pm

The poll is a little misleading though. I mean, one of the strikers have to dropped, so you'd think there'd be an even spread. Hardly damning... There's only three options to choose from! I agree that we should revert to 4-4-2 when all hands are on deck. We were flames when we played like that. Bale can sit out.

As For Carlo, if we win La Liga (only have one since 2008) all will be forgiven. If we win El Clásico, then all is right with the world again, but it's disappointing to be behind Barça, given the fact that they haven't been farting rainbows themselves. You'd have thought we'd be 10 clear, with attentions shifting to defending La Décima by now, instead, we trailing.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 09 Mar 2015, 11:38 pm

kingraf wrote:Gerry would have rather Fifa decided 2013 & 14 were mere aberrations, and given Messi the Ballon D'or anyway on account of him just being damn better than Ronnie. Actual performance be dawned
Don't worry KR, the Fifa Ballon d'Or will be back with Leo in 2016.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Mon 16 Mar 2015, 9:39 pm

Lionel Messi has now moved 2 goals clear of Cristiano Ronaldo in the race for the Pichichi.

Messi 32
Ronaldo 30

All this after Ronaldo had like a 10 goal lead 3 months ago.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 10:17 pm

Messi's been reborn this year. Ronaldo feeling sorry for himself last night, nothing going his way. He doesn't look happy at all since he turned 30 & split from the Russian

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:20 pm

Ronaldo should have opened the scoring, thought he'd done well given the angle but such fine margins hitting the bar.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:22 pm

Atrocious defending there.

Crap wall, crap line, crap marking.

Sunday league Stuff.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:24 pm

Suarez diving again. Just cheated to get Pepe booked - not that he needs any help!

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:31 pm

Suarez still acting like a cu*t then

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:46 pm

Barca have been pretty bad, Real should be winning easily.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:47 pm

Neymar has been absolutely terrible  Doh

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 8:52 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Suarez still acting like a cu*t then

Raked his studs down pepes calf after.

Madrid should be ahead, playing well

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:08 pm

Madrid are going to end up with 10 men's and Barca will win.

Despite the fact the only bad tackles have come from suarez and rakitic.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:20 pm

More play acting, mascherano trying to get Ronaldo sent off after he scythed him down.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by nadeem2099 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:23 pm

Mascherano the dog face gremlin man up you fudger!
nadeem2099
nadeem2099

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:29 pm

I know madrid did it for years but barcelona are basically cheating here.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:44 pm

Luis Suarez starting to show the same form he did at Liverpool for Barca now, think this would have come much earlier if it wasn't for the ban.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:52 pm

He shouldn't have been on the pitch to score, should have had a yellow for diving.

Madrid poor in second half, barcas pressing much better, especially considering they had a midweek game.

Bale was appallingly bad and put in next to no effort, I can see why he is being criticised and I'd drop him immediately.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Mar 2015, 9:58 pm

The most over-rated game in world football, if you enjoy cheating then it's for you but actual lovers of football can see through the hype.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:03 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:The most over-rated game in world football, if you enjoy cheating then it's for you but actual lovers of football can see through the hype.

To be fair the first half was excellent.

Also got the 2 best players in a generation on display.

And the 2 most over rated and over priced Wink

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:05 pm

Zidane is of my generation so i'll strongly disagree with that.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:16 pm

Usual load of La Liga sh!te, then.

Or was it Spain's answer to Strictly Come Dancing?

I honestly couldn't tell.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Sun 22 Mar 2015, 10:59 pm

Zidane not a patch on either of these guys.

Also retired in 06 aged 34.

Ronaldo 21, messi 19 - a different generation in footballing terms.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:06 am

I'd rather watch Zidane anyday than Ronaldo anyway. Guy was an artist on the pitch.

Wasn't the best classico, thought Barca looked fatigued after Wednesday, at least their finishing wasn't as bad as midweek.

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Mar 2015, 12:22 am

Zidane was of my generation. Ronaldo is better

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 23 Mar 2015, 4:21 pm

Looks like Ancelotti will go this summer now. Barca still on for the treble. Interesting reading Marca today & they slated Bale, saying 'it's obvious florentino Perez spent £80m on a player worth £20m'. His car was also subsequently attacked last night, can't see him there next summer, surely a deal with cash & de Gea is an opportunity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next