The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:01 am

Think one is Red Hill Mining Town by U2, gold, pickets, mining. Is the link mining?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

Rowley wrote:Think one is Red Hill Mining Town by U2, gold, pickets, mining. Is the link mining?

Sort of. I need you to be more specific.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:24 am

Isnt one of them by Morrissey? (number 3)

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:29 am

Nope

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:34 am

Adam D wrote:Isnt one of them by Morrissey? (number 3)

I thought that, certainly looks whiny enough to be.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:36 am

Rowley wrote:
Adam D wrote:Isnt one of them by Morrissey? (number 3)

I thought that, certainly looks whiny enough to be.

3.) He's not whiny, he wears a mean headband.
5.) He hurt himself today

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 11:42 am

If he wears a headband it is either Mark Knopfler or former Villa and Brighton centre half Steve Foster, the former seems more likely.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:07 pm

Rowley wrote:If he wears a headband it is either Mark Knopfler or former Villa and Brighton centre half Steve Foster, the former seems more likely.

You're not gonna get this.

5.) is Johnny Cash Loadin' Coal
3.) is Iron Hand by Dire Straits about the battle of Orgreave during the miner's strike where the cops beat up loads of northeners.

Link obviously coal mining (fools gold is found in coal).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:38 pm

Righty ho

I have either, a pretty tough random general knowledge quiz

or

A pretty easy general knowledge where the link involves birds...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:48 pm

rick_dagless wrote:

Is it 'birds' as in hawks and sh*t like that or 'birds' as in Natalie Cassidy?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:49 pm

Birds as in hawks Tino

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:49 pm

I'd prefer the hard one Rick. (don't do it, we're all better than that, even Sean)

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:50 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Birds as in hawks Tino

Do that one then. I've got about 30 minutes and I'm too thick for a difficult quiz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:51 pm

Righty ho hard one it is...

After i have doen the easy one for Tino... (he posted before i got the top one out)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:51 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Righty ho hard one it is...

After i have doen the easy one for Tino... (he posted before i got the top one out)

And you like me more than you like Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:52 pm

first 5 of the easy Bird (as in hawk not Natalie Cassidy) quiz..

1 Which Band had a number 1 hit with the song "Hotel California" - The Eagles - Tino
2 Who Wrote Gullivers Travels?
3 In 10 pin bowling what is it called when you get 3 strikes in a row
4 In the Nursery Rhyme, who killed man sausage Robin?
5 What is the name of the character played by Kelsey Grammer that had his own hit Sit Com based on his role in Cheers?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:53 pm

rick_dagless wrote:first 5 of the easy Bird (as in hawk not Natalie Cassidy) quiz..

1 Which Band had a number 1 hit with the song "Hotel California" EAGLES
2 Who Wrote Gullivers Travels?
3 In 10 pin bowling what is it called when you get 3 strikes in a row
4 In the Nursery Rhyme, who killed man sausage Robin?
5 What is the name of the character played by Kelsey Grammer that had his own hit Sit Com based on his role in Cheers?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm

Is the link 'birds of prey'?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm

Tino wrote:Is the link 'birds of prey'?

Nah all the answers have a bird of some variety in

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:56 pm

It obviously isn't "man sausage" Robin

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:57 pm

rick_dagless wrote:It obviously isn't "man sausage" Robin

Helmet Robin?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 12:58 pm

1 Which Band had a number 1 hit with the song "Hotel California" - The Eagles - Tino
2 Who Wrote Gullivers Travels? Jonathan Swift - super
3 In 10 pin bowling what is it called when you get 3 strikes in a row Turkey - Jules
4 In the Nursery Rhyme, who killed c.o.c.k Robin? Sparrow (with his bow and arrow) super
5 What is the name of the character played by Kelsey Grammer that had his own hit Sit Com based on his role in Cheers? Frasier Crane - super

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm; edited 6 times in total (Reason for editing : It is Cock Robin)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:01 pm

2. [Jonathan?] Swift
5. Frasier Crane

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:04 pm

3. Turkey

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:06 pm

4. No such thing as a seagull Robin?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:07 pm

edited

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm

Next 5

6 Which Architect was primarily responsible for the design of St Pauls Cathedral
7 Which John Grisham novel was made into a film in 1993 Starring Julia Roberts and Denzil Washington?
8 What is the name of the American Football team that plays out of Baltimore?
9 What was the nickname of Mavericks wingman in the Top Gun Films played by Anthony Edwards?
10 Which train holds the world speed record for a steam locamotive?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:10 pm

I want to say it was Chicken Licken that killed C.o.c.k Robin but that's a different thing all together.

Think it was Sparrow or Starling or some other small bird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:11 pm

Sparrow super ill give you the credit...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm

6. Christopher Wren
7 Pelican Brief
8 Ravens
9 Goose

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:12 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Next 5

6 Which Architect was primarily responsible for the design of St Pauls Cathedral
7 Which John Grisham novel was made into a film in 1993 Starring Julia Roberts and Denzil Washington?
8 What is the name of the American Football team that plays out of Baltimore? Ravens
9 What was the nickname of Mavericks wingman in the Top Gun Films played by Anthony Edwards? Goose
10 Which train holds the world speed record for a steam locamotive?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:13 pm

Arrh.

F*CK YOU, superfly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:14 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Arrh.

F*CK YOU, superfly.

Its not a trick is it... knowledge!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:18 pm

10. The Bluebird

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:20 pm

So Tina buggers off without a word to any of us for a fortnight, comes back eventually and when Rick asks which quiz we want I answer first, but despite this, and the fact I have not left the culture cup in the lurch for the last few weeks it is Tina's choice we do?

f*ck you all, especially Rick. I am gone.

P.S. F*ck you again Rick.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

Yeah, F*CK YOU ALL, especially superfly.

(Not including Jules as he is f*cking God in my eyes)

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:24 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:23 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Is it 'birds' as in hawks and sh*t like that or 'birds' as in Natalie Cassidy?

Bog off windows Laugh

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:25 pm

I know what you mean Jeff. Pleased as I am that Tino isn't dead, and as sympathetic as I am for his wife's illness, he's still a c*nt for not letting us know he was still alive (I lost sleep several night's sleep over it and was in the second stage of grieving) and so we certainly shouldn't be pandering to the selfish @rse.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:26 pm

Slider: Hey Goose, who's ass did you kiss to get in here?
Goose: The list is long and distinguished.
Slider: Yeah, so is my Jaaanson.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:26 pm

everyone is a winner...

I don't blame you for the outburst Jeff
Which Band had a number 1 hit with the song "Hotel California" The Eagles
Who Wrote Gullivers Travels? Johnathan Swift
In 10 pin bowling what is it called when you get 3 strikes in a row A Turkey
In the Nursery Rhyme, who killed man sausage Robin? The Sparrow
What is the name of the character played by Kelsey Grammer that had his own hit Sit Com based on his role in Cheers? Frasier Crane
Which Architect was primarily responsible for the design of St Pauls Cathedral Sir christopher Wren
Which John Grisham novel was made into a film in 1993 Starring Julia Roberts and Denzil Washington? The Pelican Brief
What is the name of the American Football team that plays out of Baltimore? The Baltimore Ravens
What was the nickname of Mavericks wingman in the Top Gun Films played by Anthony Edwards? Goose
Which train holds the world speed record for a steam locamotive? The Mallard

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I know what you mean Jeff. Pleased as I am that Tino isn't dead, and as sympathetic as I am for his wife's illness, he's still a c*nt for not letting us know he was still alive (I lost sleep several night's sleep over it and was in the second stage of grieving) and so we certainly shouldn't be pandering to the selfish @rse.

I just called you God.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

Here is the harder one

1 there are 5 recognised tastes that the human body can identify: Sweet, Sour, Salt and Bitter are 4, what is the 5th?
2 How many characters are you restricted to using when "Tweeting" on "Twitter"?
3 Which British Boxer was often known as " The Ghost with a Hammer in his Hand" - Jimmy Wilde - Tino
4 Which Artist once sparked controversy with an Installation piece entitled "My Bed"
5 The Alter Ego of Spider Man, Peter Parker, works for which ficticious Newspaper?
6 What kind of Geographical feature is a Drumlin?
7 "Black Bart" was a disasterous pilot for a sit-com based on which 1974 film?
8 Where is Richard 1 aka Richard the Lionheart buried?

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:27 pm

and it wasn't a dig at your age.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I know what you mean Jeff. Pleased as I am that Tino isn't dead, and as sympathetic as I am for his wife's illness, he's still a c*nt for not letting us know he was still alive (I lost sleep several night's sleep over it and was in the second stage of grieving) and so we certainly shouldn't be pandering to the selfish @rse.

I just called you God.

Sorry, I thought you meant you imagined me and God f*cking.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

3 is Jimmy Wilde

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:28 pm

8. A car park in Leicester

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I just called you God.

Sorry, I thought you meant you imagined me and God f*cking.

I am.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

wrong king sean

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

rick_dagless wrote:everyone is a winner...

I don't blame you for the outburst Jeff
Which Band had a number 1 hit with the song "Hotel California" The Eagles
Who Wrote Gullivers Travels? Johnathan Swift
In 10 pin bowling what is it called when you get 3 strikes in a row A Turkey
In the Nursery Rhyme, who killed man sausage Robin? The Sparrow
What is the name of the character played by Kelsey Grammer that had his own hit Sit Com based on his role in Cheers? Frasier Crane
Which Architect was primarily responsible for the design of St Pauls Cathedral Sir christopher Wren
Which John Grisham novel was made into a film in 1993 Starring Julia Roberts and Denzil Washington? The Pelican Brief
What is the name of the American Football team that plays out of Baltimore? The Baltimore Ravens
What was the nickname of Mavericks wingman in the Top Gun Films played by Anthony Edwards? Goose
Which train holds the world speed record for a steam locamotive? The Mallard

Mallard, bluebird - same thing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

4. Tracy Emin

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next