The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

+10
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Rowley
Pal Joey
kingraf
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
88Chris05
Hibbz
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by Union Cane Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

5. civic
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 3:58 pm

Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:It's not Julius. Or Jeff.
Tino, what does the J in Michael J. Fox stand for?

Jittery?  

Has Shah hacked your account Superfly?

Et tu blobbus?

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved - Page 16 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round 6 - new but not really improved

Post by superflyweight Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm

No, I'm on holiday from this evening and have a silly amount to do before I can leave, so just taking out my anger on a beloved Hollywood star.

Won't be back until next Wednesday, but I am almost certainly a young starlet who has taken nude selfies of herself and has had to go into hiding for the next few days.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:00 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:
Rowley wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:It's not Julius. Or Jeff.
Tino, what does the J in Michael J. Fox stand for?

Jittery?  

Has Shah hacked your account Superfly?

Et tu blobbus?

Also you may be a scottish ginger four eyed Kumquat but that doesnt make you frankie boyle

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:07 pm

superflyweight wrote:No, I'm on holiday from this evening and have a silly amount to do before I can leave, so just taking out my anger on a beloved Hollywood star.  

Won't be back until next Wednesday, but I am almost certainly a young starlet who has taken nude selfies of herself and has had to go into hiding for the next few days.
where are you going?

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:No, I'm on holiday from this evening and have a silly amount to do before I can leave, so just taking out my anger on a beloved Hollywood star.  

Have a holiday super.
Sorry, I mean have a super holiday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:13 pm

Are you going to fly, super? If you fly you have to mind the weight of your case, and if it is the case that your case is over the weight you have to wait, which is far from super.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:21 pm

Off to Majorca for 7 days.

Can't weight, just hope luggage doesn't exceed the wait allowance and the weighting time isn't excessive due to the plain being delayed by bad whether.

It's super to fly and fly to be super.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm

I know Scotland is pretty grim, but how many holidays can you actually need Superfly?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:30 pm

Watch out for the water, it apparently doesn't taste quite like it should.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 01 Sep 2014, 4:58 pm

Rowley wrote:I know Scotland is pretty grim, but how many holidays can you actually need Superfly?

Only ever taken a week off at a time this year so had a fairly even spread. Does feel like I need a holiday!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Mon 01 Sep 2014, 5:10 pm

I am just jealous as I am not going anywhere proper this year. Am trying to save up for a geeky weekend at the Hall of Fame induction at some point over the next couple of years. Downside of this is I will be snippy and unnecessarily petty when anyone else mentions their holidays for the immediate future.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Mon 01 Sep 2014, 5:21 pm

I am equally jealous, as I haven't been away away since 2011, and that was only a weekend in Rome. I have holidaid in the UK every year since then, and I can't see that changing either now that I have somehow managed to pregnertise TIMC.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 01 Sep 2014, 5:27 pm

holidaid and pregnertise in one post.

Bravo, sir, bravo. clap

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Sep 2014, 6:20 pm

Had a fantastic trip to a few islands this year, and I went to Singapore on a cricketing/working holiday. Also going on a cricketing roadtrip with my besties in December/Jan. Life is good.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 01 Sep 2014, 9:45 pm

Stunned the missus with my intellect during tonight's airing of University Challenge, had my shirt off too so had all the bases covered when it comes to sexiness.  My knowledge of cricket, reptiles, tennis and film stars playing musicians was particularly astonishing - all the time spent away from this thread is really paying dividends.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm

I wonder how impressed your missus really is? Just think being a Ukrainian mail order, can't believe she lucked out and got such a dope instead of a serial killer, or Strip club owner.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 01 Sep 2014, 10:36 pm

Another cat has saved it's owner from a fire in Melbourne. See, they're not selfish creatures at all.

Having a feeling that the cat light the fire itself though. It looked quite proud of itself.

Great day ahead - off to the accountant and have a scenic drive ahead of me. As good as a holiday when one goes to "Summer Bay".

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:03 am

Morning all, apart from Jeff obviously.

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:09 am

Morning Rick. Morning LD.
Sickond
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:21 am

Morning all.

Thora.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:21 am

Morning rick and Union.

Hey Raf,

Thought Mike was being a bit harsh on Zimbabwe. He has this holier than thou attitude.

I bet French cricket  Whistle  has its own skeletons in the closet - just that we'd never hear about any of it.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:26 am

Yeah... I tend to agree. I like Mike. And he is a credit to the forum, but a little sanctimonious to be admonishing everyone for being happy an upset win.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:30 am

Would love to see Belgium or Luxembourg beat his side. Now that would be a decent upset.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:33 am

Luxembourg would then be on an unstoppable path to the top of the cricketing tree by 2025.
Bookmark It
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 Sep 2014, 7:33 am

crikey, looks like we may have a full house today...

How was everyones weekend?

I can state that Pet Shop Boys are really good live, and Etta Bond is one of the worst acts I have ever seen.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:12 am

Morning Rick, if I was to tell you I was the stand alone 3rd highest scorer with 1, you can imagine how we went. in the cricket. Both sides relegated and the 3's can't go any lower....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:32 am

Union Cane wrote:I am equally jealous, as I haven't been away away since 2011, and that was only a weekend in Rome. I have holidaid in the UK every year since then, and I can't see that changing either now that I have somehow managed to pregnertise TIMC.

An imaginary baby for the TIMC? The imaginary lack of sleep you'll be having will be tough. Congratulations old boy, that's lovely news. thumbsup

I went to Rome for a weekend once. Some Italian ice-cream seller tried to charge me 10 euros for a can of coke.

I told him to f*ck off in my loudest English. He waved his hands in a very Southern European fashion. I'm pretty sure I could have taken the c*nt had he attacked me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:42 am

sean wrote:Morning Rick, if I was to tell you I was the stand alone 3rd highest scorer with 1, you can imagine how we went. in the cricket. Both sides relegated and the 3's can't go any lower

Morning sean, at least you dont play for the Indian test side!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:43 am

Oh and congrats on your sperm Union, that's the hard work done now I believe...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:48 am

Galted wrote:Stunned the missus with my intellect during tonight's airing of University Challenge, had my shirt off too so had all the bases covered when it comes to sexiness.  My knowledge of cricket, reptiles, tennis and film stars playing musicians was particularly astonishing - all the time spent away from this thread is really paying dividends.

I beat the missus 7 - 3 last night. Clean sweep on the cricket round and got a couple on the Geography one about sizes of western european countries.

She's fairly happy with me at the moment. Front of house is typical Edwardian semi but the last owner (old girl) was persuaded to concrete and slab everything. Managed to break most of it up and create 2 borders where I've planted lavender and some bulbs, the other border will be a copper beech hedge and then the log store will be against the small wall. Looks good already.

Last edited by seanmichaels on Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:49 am

Good news Union!
A junior Union - is that a Junion?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:52 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Galted wrote:Stunned the missus with my intellect during tonight's airing of University Challenge, had my shirt off too so had all the bases covered when it comes to sexiness.  My knowledge of cricket, reptiles, tennis and film stars playing musicians was particularly astonishing - all the time spent away from this thread is really paying dividends.

I beat the missus 7 - 3 last night. Clean sweep on the cricket round and got a couple on the Geography one about sizes of western european countries.

She's fairly happy with me at the moment. Front of house is typical Edwardian semi but the last owner (old girl) was persuaded to concrete and slab everything. Manged to break up to borders where I've planted lavender and some bulbs, the other border will be a copper beech hedge and then the log store will be against the small wall. Looks good already.

You really need to follow your dream and become a gardener. You obviously have a passion for it and it makes you happy. How many things can anyone say that about in their lives?

#goodvibrations

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 02 Sep 2014, 8:52 am

And congrats on Baby Cane OK

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:01 am

Thanks gents, looking forward to doing it all over again. I'll have to make a reverse linear list of possible names, that could get messy.

Anyone watch Only Connect last night? My kind of quiz show.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:04 am

Adam D wrote:

You really need to follow your dream and become a gardener. You obviously have a passion for it and it makes you happy. How many things can anyone say that about in their lives?

I have shares in the company where I work. Could be worth between £10k-£15k if we float or are sold. I think the plan is to do something with that if I can wait. More lawns than landscaping though. Already do a bit of advisory on the side albeit paid with beer usually.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:05 am

Union wrote:I'll have to make a reverse linear list of possible names, that could get messy.

'Kanye-North' back to 'Adam'?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:07 am

Union Cane wrote:Thanks gents, looking forward to doing it all over again. I'll have to make a reverse linear list of possible names, that could get messy.

Tino or Tina would probably be suitable.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:08 am

Union Cane wrote:Thanks gents, looking forward to doing it all over again.

The boning or are you referring to another kid?

Congratulations by the way. Seems Rowley and I are the only sensible ones left on the forum....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:09 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Union Cane wrote:Thanks gents, looking forward to doing it all over again. I'll have to make a reverse linear list of possible names, that could get messy.

Or Cliff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:12 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Or Cliff.

Cliff Cane is good. Definitely has a Hollywood / Pornstar ring to it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Or Cliff.

Sicko.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

How about Ichabod?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:15 am

seanmichaels wrote:

Congratulations by the way. Seems Rowley and I are the only sensible ones left on the forum....

I think Rick is a jaffa as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

seanmichaels wrote:

I already have a 14 and an 11.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:20 am

seanmichaels wrote:

She's fairly happy with me at the moment. Front of house is typical Edwardian semi but the last owner (old girl) was persuaded to concrete and slab everything. Managed to break most of it up and create 2 borders where I've planted lavender and some bulbs, the other border will be a copper beech hedge and then the log store will be against the small wall. Looks good already.

Got all the cricket ones and three of four of the film stars as musicians ones (damn you Beatles) also got a few random ones along the way, ista was an answer I was particularly proud of.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:21 am

Adam D wrote:How about Ichabod?

Very good.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:24 am

Union Cane wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:

I already have a 14 and an 11.

Shut up!!!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:27 am

Rowley wrote:

Got all the cricket ones and three of four of the film stars as musicians ones (damn you Beatles) also got a few random ones along the way, ista was an answer I was particularly proud of.

Oh yeah, didn't see phoenix/cash in time but got Kilmer/Morrison. I knew it was Lennon but couldn't remember actor's name so didn't award myself a point.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:29 am

I had a good weekend myself. My dads gotten to that age where he can't be bothered with things like wiring, so I went home to rewire a few light switches. Also I finished my timepiece on Sunday, so I was quite chuffed. Could a bought a very pricey Tag Heuer with the money I've thrown at it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 02 Sep 2014, 9:31 am

Same with me Sean. Did not know the actor, was pretty pleased with knowing Piaf/Cotillard though. Neither of those teams last night look like serious contenders to me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next