The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

+32
Sin é
nottins
pullthestrings
RuggerRadge2611
Rava
CJB
perthshirepuma
KiaRose
Gibson
Mick(TEFC)
Don Alfonso
poissonrouge
Mickado
nganboy
Adam D
Notch
rhino-dragon
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
Thomond
The_Hound_of_Harrow
Luckless Pedestrian
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Breadvan
Ozzy3213
prop_lyd
MBTGOG
mickyt
PenfroPete
Glas a du
red_stag
Cari
Suspicious lurker
36 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Suspicious lurker Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 am

First topic message reminder :

So there is no rugby on now that I can watch
Suspicious lurker
Suspicious lurker

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 10:08 am

Stag - like any city, Cardiff has dodgy areas, with a couple of notorious streets in it. Most of it is pretty safe though. I've never had any trouble living here for almost 3 years, and fingers crossed I never do Smile

Back to top Go down

The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub - Page 11 Empty Re: The Dew Drop Inn Virtual Rugby Pub

Post by PenfroPete Thu May 26, 2011 10:10 am

STAG - just like any city, it's got it's good bits, indifferent bits & bad bits. As a rule, if you have a local with you then you should be safe - if you let him/her guide you Rolling Eyes

GIBBO - Hug Never mind wagons, they hadn't invented the wheel when you started Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:14 am

mickyt wrote:
Gibson wrote:

In other news... Dinny Leamy has just found out he will not make the plane to NZ. Jennings rightfully takes his place. Here was his reaction to the news... bit over the top, imo.

Gibbo, has the world cup squad been announced? can you send me a link to it?

Micky. Check the video. Unbelievable. Had he hit the plane... In NL they would have shot the tyres, when he was well away from the plane and if that hadnt worked - him.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu May 26, 2011 10:17 am

ah right. I don't have access in here at the moment so will have to check it out later chief.

my god my first half of the day flew through as was in training but since 1:30 this day is dragging. we have another match tonight which I am not too confident about as we have had a lot of people pull out.
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu May 26, 2011 10:20 am

The truth is when it comes to violence you're more likely to be attacked in your own home and/or by someone close to you. So you're no more at risk wandering around any city really.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu May 26, 2011 10:24 am

Cari wrote:The truth is when it comes to violence you're more likely to be attacked in your own home and/or by someone close to you. So you're no more at risk wandering around any city really.
Wouldn't be soo sure of that Cari.

but I guess you can use statistics to prove anything. 79% of all people know that Smile
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:25 am

Too right Cari. Cities - being heavily-populated all have their no-go areas. Knowing where NOT to go in them, is key knowledge for surviving them. Ignorance of this can have catastrophic affects.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu May 26, 2011 10:26 am

6 out of 7 dwarves are not Happy.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu May 26, 2011 10:27 am

Exactly - as long as you know where you are, where you're going, where not to go you're fine. My comment was for people who think that cities are rough generally and that people shouldn't go out alone in them etc. It's true what I said about domestic violence though.

Glas laughing

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:29 am

Im Happy. Who's Grumpy?

Where is Snow White? Shes lying ya know randy .

Last edited by Gibson on Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu May 26, 2011 10:31 am

Gibbo - I think Portnoys is frustrated with the closure of 606. He was also pished off with us for not consulting him in moving the pub and closing the pubs before old 606 ended.

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 10:31 am

I love the way you thought of Portnoy when you heard the word "Grumpy". censored
red_stag
red_stag

http://www.redstagrugby.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu May 26, 2011 10:35 am

I'm not related to him so just leave it there! You Flip oirish Muppet!

Ok. I'm really sorry, will you ever forgive me? Diddly diddly diddly diddly, top of the morning to ya, short freckled Ginger potato eating bog trotting...etc, etc.
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 am

The farmer who uses potato eating and bog trotting as an insult. The irony Very Happy
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:40 am

boxing

Glas, I'll never, ever - forgive you for that. Im like an Elephant. Ya sheepshaagin Scarlet pimp! laughing

Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu May 26, 2011 10:44 am

Cari wrote:The truth is when it comes to violence you're more likely to be attacked in your own home and/or by someone close to you. So you're no more at risk wandering around any city really.

Erm need to watch my back when I get home then Wink
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

I actually meant to say you lovely, endearing, sheep-shearing, Scarlet-Pimpernel. Its funny how these innocent mis-types can start online wars.
Doh

Love you lots. Hug

Last edited by Gibson on Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu May 26, 2011 10:45 am

Dwarves make up a small percentage of the population.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 10:47 am

Gibbo - 2 questions for you. Staying in Ballsbridge this weekend. I'm looking for a nearby pub to watch Munster beat Leinster. And also a place I can get a chinese take away. Thanks in advance mo chara.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu May 26, 2011 10:48 am

Ahh crime stats. When a friend was looking at moving to Houston we googled his proposed work address - up popped a crime map of the area. Considering it covered a 1 month period, scary!

And New Zealand has the 3rd highest rate of violent crime in the OECD*. Sadly, most of it is domestic violence, random street violence is almost unheard of.

* Though we're well behind the Czechs, and miles behind the Yanks.

Right, that SXV preview article is done barring a couple of team lists (finally - I have a new appreciation for Penfro's TV guide):
https://www.606v2.com/t5595-super-xv-round-15-preview#124563
Rugby Heaven have a nice "feature" - when you copy and paste a team list it adds a link to the article at the bottom

While I'm most looking forward to Reds vs Crusaders, Sharks vs Waratahs could be a good watch. With the Magners final as well I'm looking forward to a fantastic weekend on the sofa (there's even a nice gap to go for a run Saturday lunchtime)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by nottins Thu May 26, 2011 10:50 am

Hi everyone. Got an invite from Cari for Micks week of social eloquence yesterday and was wondering what the nearest airport is from people who went last year ?

nottins

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 10:51 am

You know, I just went against the whole Creed there. Never speak ill of anyone. Espcially when they are not there to defend themselves. Sorry Port. Im deleting/overwriting that post. Sorry regs. Just in a giddy happy humour. Still no excuse.

Stag, the lads and I always frequent the Horse Show House opposite the RDS itself. You were there with us once actually. Leicester game I think?

Last edited by Gibson on Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Glas a du Thu May 26, 2011 10:52 am

red_stag wrote:The farmer who uses potato eating and bog trotting as an insult. The irony Very Happy

You know I was taking off Portnoys...don't you?
Glas a du
Glas a du

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 10:53 am

I have mentioned to Portnoys that I am worried he's going a bit loopy on one of his threads. I wouldn't mind, but what he's posting recently shows no logic. Like his gripe with the Welsh makes no sense, seeing as he doesn't know whose responsibility it was to sell tickets for the WC in 07. So basically he just comes across as a ranter.

Finally watching the Amlin Final for the first time.

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 10:54 am

I do of course Glas.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

GIBBO - By the way, I have something that belongs to you and will post it on next week. thumbsup

Hometime!

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 10:55 am

I see the Harlequins fans were doing that Beep beep beep Harlequins thing. I'm surprised it didn't annoy those of you in attendance. It does my head in loike.

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu May 26, 2011 10:56 am

God knows Portnoys hasn't made himself very popular in the last few days, but I believe he's a decent man at heart and if he decide to come and post over here I'd welcome him with open arms. Flip knows I've made a fool of myself on the old 606 site, as have others, but ultimately we're all just passionate rugby fans and our disagreements are a lot less meaningful than the common ground we share.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Cari Thu May 26, 2011 10:57 am

Risca Rev wrote:I see the Harlequins fans were doing that Beep beep beep Harlequins thing. I'm surprised it didn't annoy those of you in attendance. It does my head in loike.

What's that Rev? I don't remember hearing anything....there were a few Quins fans nearby. Perhaps I just wasn't paying attention. Rolling Eyes

Cari

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am

Have a look out for the Irish flag behind the posts that stade were playing into in the first half. That's us! Smile

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am

Notch wrote:God knows Portnoys hasn't made himself very popular in the last few days, but I believe he's a decent man at heart and if he decide to come and post over here I'd welcome him with open arms. Flip knows I've made a fool of myself on the old 606 site, as have others, but ultimately we're all just passionate rugby fans and our disagreements are a lot less meaningful than the common ground we share.

Don't think anyone would disagree with that (especially about you being a fool Smile ) He knows where we are and he's more than welcome.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Thu May 26, 2011 11:00 am

Notch. As have us all over the years. Well said that man. Class post. Hug
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu May 26, 2011 11:06 am

nottins wrote:Hi everyone. Got an invite from Cari for Micks week of social eloquence yesterday and was wondering what the nearest airport is from people who went last year ?

Assuming my Google map search has found the right place, Bayonne? Or Bordeaux?
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 am

Notch wrote:God knows Portnoys hasn't made himself very popular in the last few days, but I believe he's a decent man at heart and if he decide to come and post over here I'd welcome him with open arms. Flip knows I've made a fool of myself on the old 606 site, as have others, but ultimately we're all just passionate rugby fans and our disagreements are a lot less meaningful than the common ground we share.

can't disagree witih any of the above, good post Notch thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 11:10 am

Leinsters chances just improved IMO. Darcy is injured and McFadden to start at 12. Check Irish Times home page.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu May 26, 2011 11:11 am

red_stag wrote:Gibbo - 2 questions for you. Staying in Ballsbridge this weekend. I'm looking for a nearby pub to watch Munster beat Leinster. And also a place I can get a chinese take away. Thanks in advance mo chara.

Stag, Where abouts in Ballsbridge? And what kind of a pub do you want? (Quiet or with a bit of banter, crack?)

There are just millions of places for the Chinese takaways,especially if you are close to Baggot Street.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 26, 2011 11:11 am

Cari, it's a car horn sounding thing (three blasts) and then them shouting Harlequins. It annoys the heck out of me. Maybe it's just more prominent on the tv.

I'm not saying Portnoys is a bad bloke, I'm just saying he's barely making any sense nowadays. Of course I'd not be bothered if he posted over here.

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Thu May 26, 2011 11:13 am

Sorry to ask again but we are desperate. Anyone interested in the Euro Rugby League. It's in it's 4th season but we've been messed around by a manger and now have 3 vacancies.

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 11:14 am

Sin é welcome aboard. I'll be staying there with the missus. On the corner of Northumberland Road and Haddington Road. Just a pub where the match will be on. Could always just watch it in hotel room with a few drinks there.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Pete C (Kiwireddevil) Thu May 26, 2011 11:15 am

Risca Rev wrote:Cari, it's a car horn sounding thing (three blasts) and then them shouting Harlequins. It annoys the heck out of me. Maybe it's just more prominent on the tv.

A Quins fan a couple of rows ahead of us ahad a little horn with a plastic bellows-type thing insteead of a mouthpiece, so hitting the back of it made a horn blast. Penfro and I muttered about it at the game.
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)
Pete C (Kiwireddevil)

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu May 26, 2011 11:21 am

http://www.sporcle.com/games/opcws/heineken-cup-grounds

this is fun. I could only get 40 out of 95 though. And I may have cheated for two or three where I knew the ground but couldn't remember what it was called.

It's quite tough! I know bumpkiss about French grounds. I only got six or seven French ones.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

red_stag wrote:Sin é welcome aboard. I'll be staying there with the missus. On the corner of Northumberland Road and Haddington Road. Just a pub where the match will be on. Could always just watch it in hotel room with a few drinks there.

Perfect location. On Haddington Road: Smyth of Haddington Rd and opposite that is "The 51". Both very good pubs. If you want all the flash screens etc. go around the corner onto Baggot Street to Searsons.

Most the pubs around there are excellent. Plenty of Chinese/takeaways on Baggot Street.

Munster Supporters club usually meet in "Break for the Border" in town. They have a couple of massive big screens and sometimes give out free food. Usually good crack.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 11:25 am

Sounds good Sin. Thanking you!! Any sceál with you?
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu May 26, 2011 11:28 am

You ready for til rock, Notch?

And by the way, it's "Don" as in the Spanish honorific, not "Donald". Sheesh.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

Donald as in Duck?

So we just call you Alfie Duck!!
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 am

I know that Don. Going back upstairs at 4.45, gig starts 5. It's quiet music time.

I;ve got the right blend of excitement and fear. Love that feeling.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Don Alfonso Thu May 26, 2011 11:31 am

Will anyone be taping/filming it? Expand/expound on what you're doing.

Go on.

Don Alfonso

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyt Thu May 26, 2011 11:41 am

I agree with your post about McFadden. it's a great chance as well for him to leave a lasting mark in the head of Deccie for world cup selection.

On the Portnoy thing, he REALLY bugged me the other day and I probably let him know it TOO much but sometimes he is infuriating.

that said, he was a contrary auld fella when we met last year but contributed alot to a great day out.

so when I got back, I was able to put what he said on 606 into his voice and was able to understand a bit more what he was on about.

that said, last week seemed petty but I am willing to welcome him here as well
mickyt
mickyt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 am

red_stag wrote:Sounds good Sin. Thanking you!! Any sceál with you?

Hand-to-hand combat on old 606 with Boyne & Guns at the mo over Denis Leamy Very Happy
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by red_stag Thu May 26, 2011 11:44 am

Micky it is. IMO though he would only be travelling instead of (rather than with) P.Wallace and Darcy. I've not watched Ulster for a while. Is he off the boil? Even Notch has stopped talking Paddy up.
red_stag
red_stag

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next