The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership Round Four

+22
SirBurger
nathan
Cumbrian
TightHEAD
Dubbelyew L Overate
sirtidychris
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
HongKongCherry
Bathite
broadlandboy
formerly known as Sam
stnick88
doctor_grey
yappysnap
Bathman_in_London
beshocked
LondonTiger
Heaf
Geordie
Welly
Ozzy3213
26 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four Empty Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

Well, round three was another feast of entertaining rugby, with this now shaping up to be potentially a vintage season in Premiership history.  This weeks action began at Kingsholm on Friday night, where Gloucester started better than in rounds one and two, but couldn't see things though against the Chiefs, who have started the season in fine form themselves.  In Saturday's early kick off Sale Sharks left it late to secure the try bonus point against London Welsh, but three tries in the last six minutes got the job done and them off the mark in the wins column.  Harlequins then squeezed past Wasps to get back on track after last weekends humping, and London Irish showed that they may not be relegation fodder this season, taking unbeaten Saracens to the wire in a 7 try thriller in which the Exiles picked up two bonus points.  Then came possible the biggest shock result in Premiership history, as Bath thumped Leicester Tigers 45-0 to put themselves top of the table.  For the second weekend running the action finished at Kingston Park, where Newcastle Falcons went down to a Northampton Saints team with a point to prove.

Prediction wise I was 4 from 6 again, with Gloucester and my own beloved Exiles letting me down this time around.  So that's 12 from 18, and still no full house for a winning accumulator for me.. Anyway, here's how the table looks after round 3:-

POS TEAM P  L  PD TF TA TBP LBP PTS 
Aviva Premiership Round Four 11.
Bath Rugby 

+81 
Aviva Premiership Round Four 112.
Saracens
+49
Aviva Premiership Round Four 93.
Northampton Saints  
+68
Aviva Premiership Round Four 484.
Exeter Chiefs
+51
Aviva Premiership Round Four 45.
Leicester Tigers
Aviva Premiership Round Four 76.
Harlequins
Aviva Premiership Round Four 127.
Sale Sharks
+22
Aviva Premiership Round Four 58.
London Irish
Aviva Premiership Round Four 69.
Wasps
Aviva Premiership Round Four 210.
Gloucester
Aviva Premiership Round Four 811.
Newcastle Falcons
Aviva Premiership Round Four 5012.
London Welsh

So, on to this weeks fixtures, and here they are;- 

Friday 26th September 2014   19:45   London Welsh vs. Gloucester

It's difficult to know what to say about London Welsh, as they have been truly appalling, particularly in defence.  At some point they have to tighten up, and having been on the road in rounds two and three will look to find some comfort from being at home here.  Gloucester have improved since their mauling by Northampton in round one, but this is their first trip away from Kingsholm since then, and there is no certainty that they will travel well.  The will have to be terrible though, and Welsh will have to play out of their skin if the Oxford based side are going to win this, and I just can't see it.  Gloucester to win on the road, but Welsh may do enough to pick up a losing bonus point.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Leicester Tigers vs. London Irish

How do I call this?  Tigers in disarray and there for the taking, or a wounded in animal ready to lash out in their own lair?  I suspect the latter, in particular if Allen and Tuilagi are fit to start this one.  I imagine they will be beasted this week by our friend Mr Cockerill, and will want to take that out on the Exiles come Saturday afternoon.  That said, Irish stood up well against the ferocity of the Saracens pack, and with a little bit more luck may have clung on for a cracking win.  They will need to dig deep and produce the same level of performance this weekend if they are to come away from a ground where they have historically gotten very little.  Heart says we can do it, head says a losing bonus point should be on the cards in this one.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Saracens vs. Sale Sharks

The GloboGym machine rolled on last weekend, despite being given a scare, and are now 3 from 3.  Having rotated last week I expect that some of those who were rotated out may be rotated back in for this one, but whoever they put out it will undoubtedly be a very strong side.  Sale will be buoyed by picking up their first win against London Welsh, but it's tough to judge the value of that given that everyone has humped them so far.  To get anything from this game their pack will need to front up, and look as if they may be without Nathan Hines, and Cipriani will need to be on top form and pulling the strings.  It is however Saracens first game at Allianz Park this season, and I expect them to come hard for the win and have too much for Sale who I think will go away with nothing.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:15   Northampton Saints vs. Bath Rugby

It's the big game of the round, with unbeaten Bath travelling to the champions.  This promises to be feisty, with two meaty packs colliding, and Saints will want to dominate to ensure that Bath don't get anywhere near as much front foot ball as they did against Tigers.  It's a really tough one to call, as Bath were excellent last week but this is Saints at the Gardens and they will want to make up ground on their title rivals in front of their home fans.  I think this will be a tight affair, with Saints edging it and Bath heading back west with a losing bonus point.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Exeter Chiefs vs. Harlequins

Despite the win against Wasps, I am still unconvinced by Harlequins this season.  The Chiefs on the other hand have surprised me this season, as I wasn't convinced they would be as strong as they have in last 2 years, but once again they are well drilled, efficient, and have some real talented youngsters going well in their back line.  Pre season, I'd have fancied Quins to nick this one, but after the evidence of the opening three rounds, I think this is a win for the Chiefs, and Quins will be lucky to take anything back with them to Twickenham.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Wasps vs. Newcastle Falcons

Having played Saracens, Saints and Quins in their opening three games, I suspect that Wasps will be pleased to have a slightly easier fixture this week.  Falcons have shown little in the opening three rounds, however they did battle hard against Saints in the second half last time out.  The problem is they don't look able to hurt teams with their back line, so are reliant on their pack rumbling over, but other teams have equally strong packs and they aren't likely to dominate anyone but London Welsh.  If Wasps pack get them any quick ball, they have pace to burn in the back line and will score tries.  I think they'll get four or more of them here and bag a nice little five pointer in this one.

Ozzy's predicted table after round 4:

Saracens 18, Northampton Saints 15, Bath Rugby 15, Exeter Chiefs 14, Leicester Tigers 13, Wasps 11, Gloucester 9, London Irish 8, Harlequins 8, Sale Sharks 7, London Welsh 2, Newcastle Falcons 1.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four Empty Re: Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:21 am

Updated with all predictions now.  Loving this season so far, been some cracking entertainment on display.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:46 am

If Manu and Allen play I can see a good win.

But with Tom youngs, Morris, Tait and possibly Parling looking like they are out this weekend who knows. and Meel maybe getting a suspension.

Rumour's are that Thorn could be on the bench.

Also could see maybe Scully, Loamanu and Bai back into the selection choice.

With Morris and Tait maybe out Scully and Loamanu we need to be fit with our back 3 options going down.

London Irish will smell blood.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 23 Sep 2014, 11:00 am

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Wasps vs. Newcastle Falcons

Having played Saracens, Saints and Quins in their opening three games, I suspect that Wasps will be pleased to have a slightly easier fixture this week.  Falcons have shown little in the opening three rounds, however they did battle hard against Saints in the second half last time out.  The problem is they don't look able to hurt teams with their back line, so are reliant on their pack rumbling over, but other teams have equally strong packs and they aren't likely to dominate anyone but London Welsh.  If Wasps pack get them any quick ball, they have pace to burn in the back line and will score tries.  I think they'll get four or more of them here and bag a nice little five pointer in this one.

We do when we actually pick the right back line...WITHOUT F&^king GODMAN!!!!!

I think'll we'll win this one. Whistle Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:35 pm

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Hammersley so far ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 23 Sep 2014, 12:41 pm

Absolutely he's been quality....so he'll probably be a Tigers player next season... furious

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:23 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Absolutely he's been quality....so he'll probably be a Tigers player next season... furious

Saints looking at him I heard.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:25 pm

Having watched our game against Saracens now, I am both optimistic and nervous going into the Tigers game.  We have a defensive deficiency at the maul which I am certain Tigers will look to exploit, but we look as if we have tries in us in open play, and our scrum has gone well (albeit the ref made the scrum a complete shambles for both sides against Saracens).

Looking forward to this one, roll on the weekend.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:29 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Exeter Chiefs vs. Harlequins

Despite the win against Wasps, I am still unconvinced by Harlequins this season.  The Chiefs on the other hand have surprised me this season, as I wasn't convinced they would be as strong as they have in last 2 years, but once again they are well drilled, efficient, and have some real talented youngsters going well in their back line.  Pre season, I'd have fancied Quins to nick this one, but after the evidence of the opening three rounds, I think this is a win for the Chiefs, and Quins will be lucky to take anything back with them to Twickenham.

I have to say I am still not convinced as to whether Exeter are the team we saw in the last two months of last season or the one that had delighted us previously.

A thrashing of LW told us little. The misfiring lineout and inability to make the correct decisions when under pressure against tigers suggested not much has changed. Finally a lucky win over Gloucester who I felt were in many ways superior has probably given Rob Baxter much to ponder.

I fully expect Chiefs to win this weekend, but more due to Quins woes from 10 out. Up front I reckon Quins will have a clear advantage - but with all the injuries insufficient firepower to score the points needed.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:30 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Having watched our game against Saracens now, I am both optimistic and nervous going into the Tigers game.  We have a defensive deficiency at the maul which I am certain Tigers will look to exploit, but we look as if we have tries in us in open play, and our scrum has gone well (albeit the ref made the scrum a complete shambles for both sides against Saracens).

Leicester at the moment are in complete disarray. Any team failing to beat them needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

We couldnt...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:46 pm

LondonTiger wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:Having watched our game against Saracens now, I am both optimistic and nervous going into the Tigers game.  We have a defensive deficiency at the maul which I am certain Tigers will look to exploit, but we look as if we have tries in us in open play, and our scrum has gone well (albeit the ref made the scrum a complete shambles for both sides against Saracens).

Leicester at the moment are in complete disarray. Any team failing to beat them needs to take a long hard look at themselves.

I think that's a bit of an over reaction to a terrible result, I wouldn't say Tigers are in disarray.  It was a shocking performance for sure, but I can't see it happening again, and if Allen and Tuilagi are fit Tigers will be a completely different side to the one that got beaten last weekend.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue 23 Sep 2014, 1:47 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:We couldnt...

Well on the positive side we were in less disarray, but even so Godman made all your possession irrelevant.

Now I know we are not allowed to discuss injuries - but they do have an effect. This has been most noticeable at scrum time. On a good day, Logo and Balmain are very good. but too many off days atm. so much of tigers game is built on a solid scrum - without that they are less than half the side.

Then add in the changes to defensive systems the new coach is introducing (and 27% missed tackles in each of the 3 matches so far) and we are really struggling when the opposition have the ball.

I think professional pride will see us scrap out a win over LI - but never have they come to WR with us this vulnerable.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:01 pm

LondonTiger wrote:

Falcons couldn't or Newcastel.

Tom youngs out for 3 months.

Sad

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:02 pm

but even so Godman made all your possession irrelevant.

Unfortunately thats been a common theme for the last year and a bit....dont understand why Dean continues with a guy wh is not even championship standard.

Fortunately we have light at the end of the tunnel....Socino looks like he's more than comfortable at 10.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:24 pm

Youngs out for 3 months

Allen out for a month

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:25 pm

I think part of Leicester's problem stems from a lack of leadership plus a loss of what made the Tigers such a feared team.

When supposedly your best leader is B Youngs you know you are in trouble in this area.

Leicester used to be edgy and abrasive - I am not sure you can say that anymore. They used to bully opposition - now the boot is on the other foot. There's positives to the change in style as they are not really known as a dirty side any more but it means they've lost their bite that brought them success.

It's not as if Leicester lack experience in the squad. Sure - Leicester had some injuries but bar the significant holes in the centre it was a Tigers team that should be mostly familiar playing together.

I think Leicester can turn this round but Cockerill and the Tigers squad need to hit back with a big statement of intent.

Ozzy I agree losing Allen and Manu was a massive blow - one being a steady leader in the backline and the other being an inspirational focal point in attack.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:28 pm

That is were Thorn could be crucial what with Slater and deacon injured.

Can't wait for next month

Ayerza, Rizzo, Thorn, adds so much more weight to the forwards.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Tue 23 Sep 2014, 2:37 pm

So going of the merc interview:

Tom youngs, Morris, Allen & Manu are out for this weekend.

Also Parling is a 50/50.

So potentially we could have a team of unavaibles this weekend of:

1) Ayerza, 2) YOungs, 3) Cole
4) Slater, 5) Parling
6) Gibson, 7) Matera 8) Loamanu
9) Mele (Suspension), 10) Bai
12) Allen 13) Manu
11) Benjamin, 14) Morris, 15) Tait

16) Thacker, 17) Rizzo, 18) Bristow, 19) Thorn, 20) ?, 21) Hepetema, 22) Camacho 23) Scully.

Missing some bench options but not a bad team.

Although I am hoping

Bai, Loamanu, Scully, Gibson and Parling to be fit come weekend.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Tue 23 Sep 2014, 4:48 pm

After the highs of last weekend, I would take a LBP at Saints. While it was a very good Bath performance, Leicester were pretty abject really and I can't see Saints giving Eastmond and Joseph as much space to roam in.

That said, if the pack plays near to the same intensity as last week then you are going to be in a good position for most games you play in. Sadly Fearns will be out, so the backrow is going to have to be rejigged. I think Sisi is back in training, but I don't know if this will be a week too soon for him.

Should be a fascinating game, I'm just struggling to see Northampton losing at home, but obviously I hope they do!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 23 Sep 2014, 5:44 pm

Quins can beat Exeter if we match them in the forwards and play simple rugby until opportunities appear.

If on the other hand we keep with the "throw it wide at every opportunity, especially in our own 22" then Exeter will find it easy to nullify us and have more then enough vision and talent to hammer us (as done in the past).

Our forwards need to focus on just running hard and rucking quickly in attack, our backs need to keep the ball more and cut out the panicked passes. I seem to say this every week but JTH needs a big game, he is appearing to be instrumental in us winning.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 23 Sep 2014, 5:46 pm

Also for all our "exciting rugby" talk. It's Worthing noting we've scored less tries then London Welsh or even Newcastle Shocked Shocked

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 23 Sep 2014, 6:04 pm

Round 4 already? Jeez, the autumn is coming on us quick.

London Welsh - Gloucester
London Welsh look horrifically bad. Gloucester don't.
Are Welsh at the Last Chance saloon already?
Gloucester to win bigggg.

Leicester Tigers - London Irish
Are Leicester as bad as they looked against Bath? Doubtful.
Are London Irish as good as they looked against Sarries? Possibly.
No matter. Simply the worst weekend in a decade to be playing Leicester. Leicester by 30 over anyone.

Saracens - Sale
Hmmm. Sarries shipped a lot of points last weekend. Sale looked good.
A vexing match to pick.
The vexing ends with Sarries by 10.

Exeter - Harlequins
Exe look good. Quins don't.
Exe look solid. Quins don't.
Exe look like a 10 point winner. Quins don't.

Wasps - Falcons
This ain't funny. Falcons must be feeling a little uncomfortable whilst in the London Welsh zone.
Wasps are a little up and down.
Wasps are up enough to beat Falcons, but, methinks it is a close one.

SAINTS - Bath
Madre de dios, what a match.
Bath, with their slightly too pretty, too well dressed owner. Saints with regular folk.
Bath look unbeatable, invincible, unstoppable. Last week, Saints showed their old tendency to fall asleep in matches.
Can't see any possible way for Saints to win. But they do: Saints by a couple in a tough, tough match.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Tue 23 Sep 2014, 7:16 pm

Leicester by 30 with all their injuries? Wow. Big call!

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Tue 23 Sep 2014, 7:21 pm

He meant to say at least 30... Wink

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Tue 23 Sep 2014, 8:21 pm

Look, here's the deal with Leicester:  They will come back with a vengeance this weekend.  Their starting XV last weekend, minus the mid-field, was fine.  Doesn't matter whom they play.  The questions are why and how they rebound.  And this I can now reveal.  

It is obvious that Leicester's continued high level performance for years and years defies human nature, and all natural probabilities.  Their performance is clearly un-natural.  Armed with this understanding, the question was how to confirm.  Scouring Leicestershire there were no signs of WW2-era selective breeding programmes.  No obvious signs of devil worship or human sacrifice.  So my team of adventurers and I dug up the corpses of deceased Leicester players and experimented with their brains.  That was the answer.  Leicester took research started in the Cold War by the Soviet Union (that's the Russians for you kiddies) and continued by other communist governments in the far east in the deepest darkest corners of the globe.  When a player signs with Leicester, they undergo this 'cognitive therapy' and emerge at the other end 'different'.  Emerging from the clubhouse before matches all we hear is:  "I must break you", "You are worthless and weak", and "Where are the sheep?".

I fear a major loss, such as against the Bruce Craig Mafia last weekend, will create a counter-reation in their synapses which will make them almost unstoppable this weekend.  Afterwards their heads may explode.......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:01 am

To be fair, given some of the results so far this season, a 30 point margin is most definitely not beyond the realms of possibility.  Our record at Welford Road is poor, I am pretty certain that it's our worst away record.  I believe we've won there twice since 1923, the most recent being a 20-19 win in 2003.  We did draw there a couple of seasons ago, but it has not been a happy hunting ground.

A lot will come down to team selection in this one I think.  Tigers missed Allen and Tuilagi massively on Saturday, and if they are not playing it will be a big positive for us.  In the pack we have not rotated massively in the opening three games.  Court, Paice, Aulika, Skivington, Treviranus and Cowan have started all three games and in most cases finished them as well.  In particular in the front row they will need a break at some point.  News is that Treviranus is injured and will miss out so I'll be fascinated to see how we set up in the pack.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 24 Sep 2014, 8:49 am

From today's Mercury;

" Director of rugby Richard Cockerill said: “Tom Youngs has popped his AC joint and had surgery on that yesterday. He is probably going to be out for three months.“Niall Morris, meanwhile, tore his ankle ligaments in the game and will probably be out for four to six weeks.”Centre pairing Manu Tuilagi and Ant Allen are also expected to miss the weekend visit of London Irish."

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 9:55 am

I've heard conflicting reports on Allen and Tuilagi though, with some saying that Manu will be fit to go.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:02 am

Ozz, Usually Tigers say players are fit when they are not. Don't believe the team that is put up Friday will be the one that takes to the field Saturday.

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:06 am

The Mercury reported they'd be fine on Monday and that they'd be injured today. Given Tuesday is media day at Oval Park I'd expect tonight's rugby programme on Radio Leicester to shed more light on that change of prognosis.

Bai and Loamano should hopefully have recovered. Otherwise Pohe might get his first start.

No Mele he got a one week ban for the world's softest red card.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:14 am

Cockers confirmed that Allen, T.Youngs, Manu and Parling will be out this weekend.

BUT that Scully, Bai and Benjamin are fit to play this weekend.

And that Thorn and Pearce should be okay for Glous.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:43 am

Yes Benjamin has apparently been fit for a month but they've looked after him not rushed him back...and now he's ready.

i think he played 10 games for you last season and scored 5 tries...so he'll be good to get back.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 11:55 am

Welly wrote: Cockers confirmed that Allen, T.Youngs, Manu and Parling will be out this weekend.

BUT that Scully, Bai and Benjamin are fit to play this weekend.

And that Thorn and Pearce should be okay for Glous.

If that is the case, what sort of side are looking at fielding then?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:09 pm

Logo
Ghiraldini
Balmain
Kitch
DeChaves
Croft
Salvi
Crane/Barbieri
Youngs
Burns/Williams
Goneva
Bai
Smith
Scully
Tait

Bench:
Briggs
Brugnara
Pasquale
Gibson
Crane/Barbieri
Harrison
Burns/Williams
Pohe

Would be my guess

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 12:13 pm

Still plenty of ability in that side then.  Whilst your injury list is high, that is still a side that should be competitive, especially at home.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 24 Sep 2014, 1:07 pm

Tait is a doubt or so I heard. He dislocated a finger early doors vs Bath and popped it back in and played on. So could be Burns or Scully to 15 and Benjamin on to the wing.

Time to bring Wells back from Bedford to cover the bench?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

I've often been critical of Richard Cockerill in the past, but full credit to him here, no excuses, Tigers just have to get on with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29341926
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:49 pm

How many games does Tait get through in a season? Is he always carrying knocks?

Mind at least your club tells you when your players are injured...we dont have a clue if they're injured or part of the selection rotation merry go round....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Wed 24 Sep 2014, 3:50 pm

Be interesting to see Burns at 15 and Williams at 10. Iirc Birns was very good for Bath at fullback

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:27 pm

yappysnap wrote:Be interesting to see Burns at 15 and Williams at 10. Iirc Birns was very good for Bath at fullback

Never played first team for us, Glos poached him from the academy. They did play him at 15 for a season at least though and he was awesome. Much like Wasps starting Cipriani there, which also worked well for club and player

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:28 pm

Tait tends to miss the first third of the season and then play the rest of it. Whether he's available will depend on how his body reacts to the dislocation. We'd have heard by now if it was serious.

The injury updates were only after an ongoing demand for information from the Tigers Fans Forum.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Wed 24 Sep 2014, 4:32 pm

He never had an extended run at 15 due to Olly Morgan's presence, but he did play a few games at 15 and was very assured. I don't think he's either a good enough tackler or secure under the high ball enough to be a front line 15, but he certainly can do a job there. On the plus side his turn of pace can be used better when he has more space.

...and the only poaching was by Tigers, we just gently persuaded him he was better of at Glaws Whistle
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:06 pm

Another bit of news is that Crane has been doing some second row training this season.

could be a interesting move.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:11 pm

Would potentially add some ballast to an area where Tigers looked at bit lightweight on Saturday.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:15 pm

Welly wrote: Another bit of news is that Crane has been doing some second row training this season.

could be a interesting move.

Wasn't it Brian Ashton who suggested this may be his best position - back when he first entered the England squads. Pretty sure he played for the Saxons at least once at second row.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:45 pm

He played for the Saxons against Portugal (I think) at lock.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 24 Sep 2014, 5:52 pm

He does a solid job at 8. His knee injuries has meant that he's never quite reached his potential. I think he'll just be training at lock as we're short at the minute. Especially with Deacon halfway retired and Slater injured.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:29 am

Jayzus this week is going slowly.  Just want Saturday to arrive!!!
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:34 am

cockers confirmed that Crane will be the second row cover for Kitchener and De cheves.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next