The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership Round Four

+22
SirBurger
nathan
Cumbrian
TightHEAD
Dubbelyew L Overate
sirtidychris
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
HongKongCherry
Bathite
broadlandboy
formerly known as Sam
stnick88
doctor_grey
yappysnap
Bathman_in_London
beshocked
LondonTiger
Heaf
Geordie
Welly
Ozzy3213
26 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 Empty Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, round three was another feast of entertaining rugby, with this now shaping up to be potentially a vintage season in Premiership history.  This weeks action began at Kingsholm on Friday night, where Gloucester started better than in rounds one and two, but couldn't see things though against the Chiefs, who have started the season in fine form themselves.  In Saturday's early kick off Sale Sharks left it late to secure the try bonus point against London Welsh, but three tries in the last six minutes got the job done and them off the mark in the wins column.  Harlequins then squeezed past Wasps to get back on track after last weekends humping, and London Irish showed that they may not be relegation fodder this season, taking unbeaten Saracens to the wire in a 7 try thriller in which the Exiles picked up two bonus points.  Then came possible the biggest shock result in Premiership history, as Bath thumped Leicester Tigers 45-0 to put themselves top of the table.  For the second weekend running the action finished at Kingston Park, where Newcastle Falcons went down to a Northampton Saints team with a point to prove.

Prediction wise I was 4 from 6 again, with Gloucester and my own beloved Exiles letting me down this time around.  So that's 12 from 18, and still no full house for a winning accumulator for me.. Anyway, here's how the table looks after round 3:-

POS TEAM P  L  PD TF TA TBP LBP PTS 
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 11.
Bath Rugby 

+81 
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 112.
Saracens
+49
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 93.
Northampton Saints  
+68
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 484.
Exeter Chiefs
+51
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 45.
Leicester Tigers
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 76.
Harlequins
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 127.
Sale Sharks
+22
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 58.
London Irish
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 69.
Wasps
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 210.
Gloucester
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 811.
Newcastle Falcons
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 5012.
London Welsh

So, on to this weeks fixtures, and here they are;- 

Friday 26th September 2014   19:45   London Welsh vs. Gloucester

It's difficult to know what to say about London Welsh, as they have been truly appalling, particularly in defence.  At some point they have to tighten up, and having been on the road in rounds two and three will look to find some comfort from being at home here.  Gloucester have improved since their mauling by Northampton in round one, but this is their first trip away from Kingsholm since then, and there is no certainty that they will travel well.  The will have to be terrible though, and Welsh will have to play out of their skin if the Oxford based side are going to win this, and I just can't see it.  Gloucester to win on the road, but Welsh may do enough to pick up a losing bonus point.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Leicester Tigers vs. London Irish

How do I call this?  Tigers in disarray and there for the taking, or a wounded in animal ready to lash out in their own lair?  I suspect the latter, in particular if Allen and Tuilagi are fit to start this one.  I imagine they will be beasted this week by our friend Mr Cockerill, and will want to take that out on the Exiles come Saturday afternoon.  That said, Irish stood up well against the ferocity of the Saracens pack, and with a little bit more luck may have clung on for a cracking win.  They will need to dig deep and produce the same level of performance this weekend if they are to come away from a ground where they have historically gotten very little.  Heart says we can do it, head says a losing bonus point should be on the cards in this one.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Saracens vs. Sale Sharks

The GloboGym machine rolled on last weekend, despite being given a scare, and are now 3 from 3.  Having rotated last week I expect that some of those who were rotated out may be rotated back in for this one, but whoever they put out it will undoubtedly be a very strong side.  Sale will be buoyed by picking up their first win against London Welsh, but it's tough to judge the value of that given that everyone has humped them so far.  To get anything from this game their pack will need to front up, and look as if they may be without Nathan Hines, and Cipriani will need to be on top form and pulling the strings.  It is however Saracens first game at Allianz Park this season, and I expect them to come hard for the win and have too much for Sale who I think will go away with nothing.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:15   Northampton Saints vs. Bath Rugby

It's the big game of the round, with unbeaten Bath travelling to the champions.  This promises to be feisty, with two meaty packs colliding, and Saints will want to dominate to ensure that Bath don't get anywhere near as much front foot ball as they did against Tigers.  It's a really tough one to call, as Bath were excellent last week but this is Saints at the Gardens and they will want to make up ground on their title rivals in front of their home fans.  I think this will be a tight affair, with Saints edging it and Bath heading back west with a losing bonus point.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Exeter Chiefs vs. Harlequins

Despite the win against Wasps, I am still unconvinced by Harlequins this season.  The Chiefs on the other hand have surprised me this season, as I wasn't convinced they would be as strong as they have in last 2 years, but once again they are well drilled, efficient, and have some real talented youngsters going well in their back line.  Pre season, I'd have fancied Quins to nick this one, but after the evidence of the opening three rounds, I think this is a win for the Chiefs, and Quins will be lucky to take anything back with them to Twickenham.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Wasps vs. Newcastle Falcons

Having played Saracens, Saints and Quins in their opening three games, I suspect that Wasps will be pleased to have a slightly easier fixture this week.  Falcons have shown little in the opening three rounds, however they did battle hard against Saints in the second half last time out.  The problem is they don't look able to hurt teams with their back line, so are reliant on their pack rumbling over, but other teams have equally strong packs and they aren't likely to dominate anyone but London Welsh.  If Wasps pack get them any quick ball, they have pace to burn in the back line and will score tries.  I think they'll get four or more of them here and bag a nice little five pointer in this one.

Ozzy's predicted table after round 4:

Saracens 18, Northampton Saints 15, Bath Rugby 15, Exeter Chiefs 14, Leicester Tigers 13, Wasps 11, Gloucester 9, London Irish 8, Harlequins 8, Sale Sharks 7, London Welsh 2, Newcastle Falcons 1.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 4 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by Bathite Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:12 pm

Well played saints. Best side over 80 won. Said at the start I would be really happy with a lbp.

Going 21 points behind and after that horror start, to be that close to sneaking a draw is brilliant.

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:15 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:Agree that Garner was absolutely dreadful but so were the Tigers. I saw many people predicting a big backlash from last week but I just couldn't see it. All the talk this week has seemed measured and pragmatic rather than battle like and demanding an immediate response.

Thought the second half got better.

Benjamin should have been left on.

Big plus point for me was the front row.

I didn't think Leicester would have won, but it was better.

Another week with Williams @ 12 and maybe Manu back I think Leicester will have Glous.

Rumoured that Manu, thorn and possibly Rizzo back next week.

Williams Needs to kick he is one of the best kickers in the league.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:20 pm

Welly predicts a tigers win next week? Now I've seen it all

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:24 pm

Bathite wrote:Welly predicts a tigers win next week? Now I've seen it all

that if the some players return.

Rolling Eyes

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:26 pm

Welly wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Form and the league table suggest otherwise... Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:29 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:
Welly wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Form and the league table suggest otherwise... Wink

Glous won 2 lost 2
 Tigers won 2 lost 2

Battle of the mediocrity, sounds like a cracker.

Both teams have talented backs still just make some right brain farts.

If Williams kicks we should win the kicking battle though.

As long a hook kicks for you.

Otherwise Hook v Burns kicking battle could be a thing of terror.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:34 pm

Welly wrote:

Thought the second half got better.

Benjamin should have been left on.

Big plus point for me was the front row.

I didn't think Leicester would have won, but it was better.

Another week with Williams @ 12 and maybe Manu back I think Leicester will have Glous.

Rumoured that Manu, thorn and possibly Rizzo back next week.

Williams Needs to kick he is one of the best kickers in the league.
Agree with all of that mate. I just think if the Bath game hadn't have happened people would be predicting a close game that could go either way (as it turned out to be). Then after last week's result I saw people talking about how Cockers would be so furious that the next game would become a must win game and Tigers would smash any team they played. While he might be very passionate and occasionally hot-headed - that's why he's so loved by many of us - he's smarter than he lets on and wouldn't over react to one game. The fans might have been seeking blood but I doubt the team trained any differently this week, and don't expect them to next week.

While I still feel like Rizzo and Fluffy are still the preferred bench props, I agree with you that today's young front rows show a lot of promise and could be very good in a couple of years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:39 pm

I think if fluffy and Rizzo are fit I would go for.

1) Bristow
 3) Fluffy

17) Rizzo
18) Balmain

honestly it wasn't going to be a huge score mainly because we still don't have the players for that, it was a solid game with aggression in the forwards which was needed after last week.

It's a marathon not a sprint.

been in a worse position than this and pulled it back in the end.

The offy forum will explode in 1/2 hour to an hours time.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Sep 2014, 5:57 pm

Yeah i'm giving it a few hours to build up then i'll go on and read it for a good laugh. I've seen meltdown on there when Tigers have won but failed to pick up a TBP so today it will be filled with hysteria. No doubt they'll completely ignore that Irish played well against Saracens and will have come to WR today really confident of a win.

How do you feel about the punch? I only caught it once as i'd missed it live but it looked on the chest to me but Crowson seems sure it was to the face.

I'm still confident this year. The squad is better and the hole they need to dig themselves out of is much shallower than one's they have done in the last few years with the same core group of players and management. Another magic speech from Geordan and a couple of good wins and the offy'll soon stop screaming for Cockers to be sacked. Or maybe not.

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 6:05 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
How do you feel about the punch? I only caught it once as i'd missed it live but it looked on the chest to me but Crowson seems sure it was to the face.

I'm still confident this year. The squad is better and the hole they need to dig themselves out of is much shallower than one's they have done in the last few years with the same core group of players and management. Another magic speech from Geordan and a couple of good wins and the offy'll soon stop screaming for Cockers to be sacked. Or maybe not.

It to me did catch the face although it wasn't a solid punch.

Mind you Twitter and Facebook can be just as bad as the offy.

Some Tiger fans can be so up themselves and think that no team has a right to beat us and that it is the Head coaches MoC until he left was seen as the devil now he viewed as a saint.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm

Too lazy after the two hour journey home to read back, so will just posy my thoughts.

London Irish deserved to win because in Shane Geraghty (cynical yellow withstanding) they had the stand out performer. In a game with a lot of average to poor kicking he was the only decent kicker (Noakes, Burns and Williams all had shockers) from hand and off the tee.

Overall though it was a poor performance by both teams and the officials. Leicester just about hung in there in the first half. However, but for dreadful displays by Paice (woeful throwing) and Aulika (coudl not scrummage, was fat and barely ever managed anything more than a stagger in loose) and a butchered try attempt on 40 minutes after a goal line interception, could and perhaps should have been well clear.

Second half was better and throughout the game I thought the scrum held its own and often had the edge. LI were better at securing quick ball though (or Leicester were less able at slowing it down?).

Our main problem was a comnplete lack of cohesion from 10 out in defence and attack. burns and Williams were on completely different wavelengths and things were barely improved outside them.

I rhought ben Youngs did lkead the team well, kept the tempo high but two long passes that if they came off could have been tries were dreadfully short of power.

And Garner. I felt his management of adbantage was dreadful. I am sure LI fans will find examples where their team suffered too, but I am a tigers fan Very Happy anyway the first lineouty that Paice underthrew and gibson nabbed. Skivington grabbed him by the neck and threw him to the ground while in the air and scrappy accrued which Garner deemed sufficient. Several knocked on lineouts by LI were waved away as Youngs had to scramble back to retrieve. and a scrum that marched forward with LI disengaging was deemed ok as tigers sort of had the ball.

Finally the two penalty reversal incidents. I believe Garner made the right decision with the Cowan one. Looked like a forearm to the face but Gibson had no right to have him in a neck lock. It reminded me of the incident at the Madj a few years back where Youngs took "revenge" on the LI player who had hold of his legs and would not let him get to the breakdown. I thought that YC was harsh (though every LI fan defended it) and I feel a YC today for Cowan would have been harsh.

Then we get Crane where he gets frustrated with a player lying on the ball and drives into his back. Sheer stupidity by Crane and for that alone you can say he deserves to go - but complete inconsistency from the ref.

So to summarise using the template set last night we have:

Gash (LI) Gasher (Tigers) and Gashest (Garner).

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:15 pm

So Garner comes out as king of gash?

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:16 pm

yappysnap wrote:So Garner comes out as king of gash?

Well I guess so although that makes it seem like a honour.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

I haven't seen the game, but I'm slightly disappointed reading the reaction of some on here.  What happened to when you lose just congratulating the opposition and saying they were the better team on the day.

So far, on here and other online media I've seen that it was down to injuries, down to the referee and down to us cheating at breakdown.  Here it's that we were gash.  Amazingly, when we beat Falcons, their fans reckon we were gash, and now having beaten Tigers, their fans say we were gash also.

Maybe it's the way forward, sorry Quins and Sarries fans, but you lot were gash when you beat us, just marginally less gash than we obviously are!

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:29 pm

rish weren't bad at all, but Garner was

Although Shane gerathy was head and heels above everyone else.

And only LT said you were Gash but he also said you deserved it.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I haven't seen the game, but I'm slightly disappointed reading the reaction of some on here.  What happened to when you lose just congratulating the opposition and saying they were the better team on the day.

So far, on here and other online media I've seen that it was down to injuries, down to the referee and down to us cheating at breakdown.  Here it's that we were gash.  Amazingly, when we beat Falcons, their fans reckon we were gash, and now having beaten Tigers, their fans say we were gash also.

Maybe it's the way forward, sorry Quins and Sarries fans, but you lot were gash when you beat us, just marginally less gash than we obviously are!

Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun Leprechaun

I'm not sure how you can argue against what people are saying when you haven't even seen the game? Surely if your going to counter their argument you need to have seen the game?

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:37 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Welsh have been gash, Gloucester have been marginally less gash doc.  

Whistle Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:43 pm

Nathan, I don't need to counter their argument as I'm not arguing. The scoreboard says we won, so we were the better side, what level that was at is immaterial. Losing and labelling the team that beat you as gash smacks of sour grapes to be honest.

HKC, neither of those are my team and I was commenting as an impartial observor to someone who asked about the game, slightly different context to what has been said here.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

Ozzy, your comment was an absolute spot on review of both sides and I have no arguments. But can you dismiss a similar comment purely because it was from an opposition fan?
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:56 pm

I'm not dismissing it HKC, I've not said we weren't gash, just that I think it's poor form when you lose a game to labelling your opposition as gash.

I felt pretty gutted and a little hard done by last week when we lost, but I never slated Saracens, nor did I blame the referee. On here I applauded Saracens ballsiness in going for the win at the end. I thought we were all rugby fans and whilst we may be disappointed in our teams result/performance we would shake our opponents hand and say well done. Obviously I was mistaken.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:15 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I'm not dismissing it HKC, I've not said we weren't gash, just that I think it's poor form when you lose a game to labelling your opposition as gash.  

I felt pretty gutted and a little hard done by last week when we lost, but I never slated Saracens, nor did I blame the referee.  On here I applauded Saracens ballsiness in going for the win at the end.  I thought we were all rugby fans and whilst we may be disappointed in our teams result/performance we would shake  our opponents hand and say well done.  Obviously I was mistaken.

Perhaps because Saracens weren't gash last week.

I don't see what the problem, you always get games that don't flow or have many errors etc

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:16 pm

Gents,
Methinks LT was breaking down how his team played for the most part. He didn't think it was a well played game. Sounded OK to me.

not for nuthin' I am very happy your London Irish are moving up the ladder..............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:30 pm

I said that Irish deserved to win, but I refuse to say they played well when they did not. They played better than us and really had a chance towards the end of the first half to absolutely blow us away.

So for anyone with a persecution complex or who cannot actually read

Well done London Irish - you were the better team on the day.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:31 pm

To be fair also to Tigers fans, that've just been hammered by Bath and now lost at home to a team they probably (wrongly it turns out) feel are way below them. There are always going to be fans who in this situation act out a little.

I think we've all said the same at different times too

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:35 pm

yappysnap wrote:To be fair also to Tigers fans, that've just been hammered by Bath and now lost at home to a team they probably (wrongly it turns out) feel are way below them. There are always going to be fans who in this situation act out a little.

I think we've all said the same at different times too

Well I did predicted them to win by 13 (which I was nearly right again).

So I blame myself really for being so damn bloody good at guessing match results.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:40 pm

I have no persecution complex, and can read perfectly well thank you.  The line you felt you needed to enlarge there would have sufficed in isolation at the start if I'm being honest, but like the Murphys, I'm not bitter, I'm sat here happily supping away enjoying what has been a top day for me.

For those who are challenged in the reading department however and picked up on one part of my initial comment and decided that it was directed at LT, it wasn't, it was a general comment based on what I'd read back on here, along with on Twitter and numerous threads like this one... http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s103.htm?106,14916440.

As I've said, a simple well done and we'll see you for the return later in the season would suffice in my very humble opinion.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:59 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I have no persecution complex, and can read perfectly well thank you.  The line you felt you needed to enlarge there would have sufficed in isolation at the start if I'm being honest, but like the Murphys, I'm not bitter, I'm sat here happily supping away enjoying what has been a top day for me.

For those who are challenged in the reading department however and picked up on one part of my initial comment and decided that it was directed at LT, it wasn't, it was a general comment based on what I'd read back on here, along with on Twitter and numerous threads like this one... http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read/s103.htm?106,14916440.

As I've said, a simple well done and we'll see you for the return later in the season would suffice in my very humble opinion.

To be fair the thread of that title could have been regarding his Crane gameplay........

I kid in love crane, although Pearce is the future watching him today make a couple of runs.

Also considering you used the word Gash and LT was the only person to use that word you can see why some people put 2 +2 together and made 5.

TBH Twitter is awful for these things.

Last edited by Welly on Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sat 27 Sep 2014, 9:59 pm

No surprises that Garner was poor, I don't like insulting referees as they cop flack and have a hard job where usually people will be displeased but GG seems to be a repeat offender in matches I've watched
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sat 27 Sep 2014, 10:25 pm

Oh I forgot the most gashest award. That goes to the sizeable portion of the crowd who were booing as Geraghty took the match winning kick, despite the PA man begging them not to. I do not care whether the crowd disagree with the decision, if as a club you try and claim a moral high ground over issues like this it should be uniform.
I always applaud scores by the opposition, on this occasion I was willing the kick to be successful (while hoping we would come back and sneak a try at the end of course).

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:57 am

Sorry Ozzy but you're so far wide of the mark here that I really don't know where to start. First of all, if you're gonna start a rant by specifically stating that you're upset with 'some on here' at least have the decency to quote or reference the people you are talking about. Then, when you're challenged on the points you make (and some pretty clear hypocrisy) , don't link to another website that has little or nothing to do with the people here.

I have no idea at all how you saying LW and Glaws were both poor is any different than anyone - even a Tigers fan - saying both teams today were poor. To me
Ozzy3213 wrote:
HKC, neither of those are my team and I was commenting as an impartial observor to someone who asked about the game, slightly different context to what has been said here.

just doesn't cut is as an excuse. Really, why does being a fan of a team prevent you from making perfectly valid observations about a game involving them?

Remember you didn't win anything, just as I didn't lose anything. We're just fans of a sport with preferences to particular clubs who watched a game involving them (or rather I watched a game?). It makes me slightly sad that you feel we should be congratulating you rather than commenting on the match in the same way we would comment on Northampton vs Bath.

LondonTiger wrote:Oh I forgot the most gashest award. That goes to the sizeable portion of the crowd who were booing as Geraghty took the match winning kick, despite the PA man begging them not to. I do not care whether the crowd disagree with the decision, if as a club you try and claim a moral high ground over issues like this it should be uniform.
I always applaud scores by the opposition, on this occasion I was willing the kick to be successful (while hoping we would come back and sneak a try at the end of course).
That's awful and I really hope the club at least put out a few messages this week to remind people of expected behaviour. Hitting the social networks and a few emails would be a start. Were they given the appropriate shhh treatment?

Last edited by Fuzzy Dunlop on Sun 28 Sep 2014, 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by stnick88 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:38 am

Irish werent great today, just snuck past a poor depleted tigers side. A good win whatever the circumstances though. Skiv, cowan and geraghty stood out for me as an irish fan.

stnick88

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 28 Sep 2014, 4:29 am

Let's not worry about the gash-o-meter boys and girls, nor focus too much on the specifics of what people said. We have been doing this for a while and know where everyone comes from.

Just wait until I make my comment about Saints falling asleep on a very good Bath team and almost allowing the match to end in a draw. That was gas....ga.....gawd awful.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:18 am

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
That's awful and I really hope the club at least put out a few messages this week to remind people of expected behaviour. Hitting the social networks and a few emails would be a start. Were they given the appropriate shhh treatment?

The PA announcer begged for silence, but it felt like at least half the crowd were booing. It certainly was not a "vocal minority".

Personally I am in favour of silence at kicking time - but have no objections to crowd noise, but then do not try and claim some undeserved moral high ground.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:30 am

Fuzzy, I said all I wanted and/or needed to last night, but thanks for trying to re start an argument this morning.  Very Happy

I saw talk of the booing on twitter, and to be fair, most Tigers fans on there appeared to be annoyed about it and were very vocal in there condemning of it.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 28 Sep 2014, 8:32 am

doctor_grey wrote:Let's not worry about the gash-o-meter boys and girls, nor focus too much on the specifics of what people said.  We have been doing this for a while and know where everyone comes from.    

Just wait until I make my comment about Saints falling asleep on a very good Bath team and almost allowing the match to end in a draw.  That was gas....ga.....gawd awful.  

Don't worry, Quins are getting ready for a late charge up the g@&h -oh- meter. We'll soon be second place (behind an obviously worse Exeter Wink

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SirBurger Sun 28 Sep 2014, 10:28 am

Shall we just cut out use of the word gash?! Seems like it could solve a few problems!

SirBurger

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:39 pm

is it just me or did Gonava pick up the ball from an offside position at the ruck for his try? Didn't look like he was at the back.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:50 pm

That can't have happened Thunor, Cockers has said all the refereeing decisions went our way! Wink
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Sep 2014, 1:53 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:Fuzzy, I said all I wanted and/or needed to last night, but thanks for trying to re start an argument this morning.  Very Happy

Oh come on be fair. Replying to a couple of posts that were likely in some part to have been directed at me is hardly unreasonable. However I don't think either of us is getting anything from this and there are much better (or should I say less gash?) things we could be talking about  Hug

SirBurger wrote:Shall we just cut out use of the word gash?! Seems like it could solve a few problems!

What a gash idea.

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:23 pm

See Sloan is injured already. Bodes well, anyone know if Lowe or Hopper are close to fit again?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:30 pm

I never really rated Waldrom when He turned out for England. Now he's playing for Exeter, he's challenging to be one of the best No.8s in the Premiership.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

Fslcons started superbly, now we're 17-6 down

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:I never really rated Waldrom when He turned out for England. Now he's playing for Exeter, he's challenging to be one of the best No.8s in the Premiership.

Thought he was unlucky to get pinged for offside early on for Quins first 3 pointer - looked like he started from behind the back foot but was just quick off the mark ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:42 pm

So it's looking like wins for the Chiefs and Wasps then.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:43 pm

Not even half time yet, Ozzy
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:46 pm

In a season where wingers have so far been very prominent, Marlon Yarde has not shown us a great deal. You'd hope for more from a player who is often regarded as being the leading candidate for his position with England.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:47 pm

Rugby Fan wrote:In a season where wingers have so far been very prominent, Marlon Yarde has not shown us a great deal. You'd hope for more from a player who is often regarded as being the leading candidate for his position with England.

He has been hampered by the rest of our backs' cack handling
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:48 pm

Always a risk moving clubs, can take time to settle. Yarde will need to raise his game as the season progresses if he wants to keep the England shirt. Quality player though, and I think he'll be ok.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 28 Sep 2014, 2:56 pm

I think he'll be better for England then he is for Quins this season. Quins have too many issues for him to get many chances currently.

19-6 at half time and we're playing very poorly, back line just look lost ball in hand at the mo. Exeter on the other hand are just doing what's needed, keeping things simple and taking the points. Very well organised. The opposite of us.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 28 Sep 2014, 3:00 pm

17-11 to Wasps.

We've had a bit more of the game but yet again allow sides to score every time they enter our 22. Wasps scrum on top. Riki Tipuna excellent, Socino's distribution has been awful (and he's missed 2 easy kicks again)

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next