The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aviva Premiership Round Four

+22
SirBurger
nathan
Cumbrian
TightHEAD
Dubbelyew L Overate
sirtidychris
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
HongKongCherry
Bathite
broadlandboy
formerly known as Sam
stnick88
doctor_grey
yappysnap
Bathman_in_London
beshocked
LondonTiger
Heaf
Geordie
Welly
Ozzy3213
26 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 Empty Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by Ozzy3213 Mon 22 Sep 2014, 2:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Well, round three was another feast of entertaining rugby, with this now shaping up to be potentially a vintage season in Premiership history.  This weeks action began at Kingsholm on Friday night, where Gloucester started better than in rounds one and two, but couldn't see things though against the Chiefs, who have started the season in fine form themselves.  In Saturday's early kick off Sale Sharks left it late to secure the try bonus point against London Welsh, but three tries in the last six minutes got the job done and them off the mark in the wins column.  Harlequins then squeezed past Wasps to get back on track after last weekends humping, and London Irish showed that they may not be relegation fodder this season, taking unbeaten Saracens to the wire in a 7 try thriller in which the Exiles picked up two bonus points.  Then came possible the biggest shock result in Premiership history, as Bath thumped Leicester Tigers 45-0 to put themselves top of the table.  For the second weekend running the action finished at Kingston Park, where Newcastle Falcons went down to a Northampton Saints team with a point to prove.

Prediction wise I was 4 from 6 again, with Gloucester and my own beloved Exiles letting me down this time around.  So that's 12 from 18, and still no full house for a winning accumulator for me.. Anyway, here's how the table looks after round 3:-

POS TEAM P  L  PD TF TA TBP LBP PTS 
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 11.
Bath Rugby 

+81 
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 112.
Saracens
+49
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 93.
Northampton Saints  
+68
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 484.
Exeter Chiefs
+51
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 45.
Leicester Tigers
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 76.
Harlequins
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 127.
Sale Sharks
+22
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 58.
London Irish
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 69.
Wasps
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 210.
Gloucester
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 811.
Newcastle Falcons
Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 5012.
London Welsh

So, on to this weeks fixtures, and here they are;- 

Friday 26th September 2014   19:45   London Welsh vs. Gloucester

It's difficult to know what to say about London Welsh, as they have been truly appalling, particularly in defence.  At some point they have to tighten up, and having been on the road in rounds two and three will look to find some comfort from being at home here.  Gloucester have improved since their mauling by Northampton in round one, but this is their first trip away from Kingsholm since then, and there is no certainty that they will travel well.  The will have to be terrible though, and Welsh will have to play out of their skin if the Oxford based side are going to win this, and I just can't see it.  Gloucester to win on the road, but Welsh may do enough to pick up a losing bonus point.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Leicester Tigers vs. London Irish

How do I call this?  Tigers in disarray and there for the taking, or a wounded in animal ready to lash out in their own lair?  I suspect the latter, in particular if Allen and Tuilagi are fit to start this one.  I imagine they will be beasted this week by our friend Mr Cockerill, and will want to take that out on the Exiles come Saturday afternoon.  That said, Irish stood up well against the ferocity of the Saracens pack, and with a little bit more luck may have clung on for a cracking win.  They will need to dig deep and produce the same level of performance this weekend if they are to come away from a ground where they have historically gotten very little.  Heart says we can do it, head says a losing bonus point should be on the cards in this one.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:00   Saracens vs. Sale Sharks

The GloboGym machine rolled on last weekend, despite being given a scare, and are now 3 from 3.  Having rotated last week I expect that some of those who were rotated out may be rotated back in for this one, but whoever they put out it will undoubtedly be a very strong side.  Sale will be buoyed by picking up their first win against London Welsh, but it's tough to judge the value of that given that everyone has humped them so far.  To get anything from this game their pack will need to front up, and look as if they may be without Nathan Hines, and Cipriani will need to be on top form and pulling the strings.  It is however Saracens first game at Allianz Park this season, and I expect them to come hard for the win and have too much for Sale who I think will go away with nothing.

Saturday 27th September 2014   15:15   Northampton Saints vs. Bath Rugby

It's the big game of the round, with unbeaten Bath travelling to the champions.  This promises to be feisty, with two meaty packs colliding, and Saints will want to dominate to ensure that Bath don't get anywhere near as much front foot ball as they did against Tigers.  It's a really tough one to call, as Bath were excellent last week but this is Saints at the Gardens and they will want to make up ground on their title rivals in front of their home fans.  I think this will be a tight affair, with Saints edging it and Bath heading back west with a losing bonus point.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Exeter Chiefs vs. Harlequins

Despite the win against Wasps, I am still unconvinced by Harlequins this season.  The Chiefs on the other hand have surprised me this season, as I wasn't convinced they would be as strong as they have in last 2 years, but once again they are well drilled, efficient, and have some real talented youngsters going well in their back line.  Pre season, I'd have fancied Quins to nick this one, but after the evidence of the opening three rounds, I think this is a win for the Chiefs, and Quins will be lucky to take anything back with them to Twickenham.

Sunday 28th September 2014   14:00   Wasps vs. Newcastle Falcons

Having played Saracens, Saints and Quins in their opening three games, I suspect that Wasps will be pleased to have a slightly easier fixture this week.  Falcons have shown little in the opening three rounds, however they did battle hard against Saints in the second half last time out.  The problem is they don't look able to hurt teams with their back line, so are reliant on their pack rumbling over, but other teams have equally strong packs and they aren't likely to dominate anyone but London Welsh.  If Wasps pack get them any quick ball, they have pace to burn in the back line and will score tries.  I think they'll get four or more of them here and bag a nice little five pointer in this one.

Ozzy's predicted table after round 4:

Saracens 18, Northampton Saints 15, Bath Rugby 15, Exeter Chiefs 14, Leicester Tigers 13, Wasps 11, Gloucester 9, London Irish 8, Harlequins 8, Sale Sharks 7, London Welsh 2, Newcastle Falcons 1.

Last edited by Ozzy3213 on Tue 23 Sep 2014, 10:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 Empty Re: Aviva Premiership Round Four

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:11 pm

Teams are up for Welsh v Glaws.

It's as strong a side as Glaws can name barring injury and given how we're improving I would be disappointed with anything less than a TBP victory.

Welsh:
15. Seb Jewell, 14. Rhys Crane, 13. Nic Reynolds, 12. Tom May* (C), 11. Nick Scott, 10. Olly Barkley*, 9. Piri Weepu*, 1. Ricky Reeves, 2. Koree Britton, 3. Taione Vea*, 4. Dean Schofield*, 5. James Down, 6. Lachlan McCaffrey, 7. Richard Thorpe, 8. Ollie Stedman.

Replacements
16. Nathan Morris, 17. Shane Cahill, 18. Jack Gilding, 19. Matt Corker, 20. Ben Pienaar, 21. Rob Lewis, 22. Tristan Roberts, 23. James Lewis.

Glaws:
Rob Cook; Charlie Sharples, Henry Purdy, Billy Twelvetrees (capt), Jonny May; James Hook, Dan Robson; Dan Murphy, Richard Hibbard, John Afoa; Elliott Stooke, Tom Palmer; Sione Kalamafoni, Matt Kvesic, Ben Morgan

Replacements
Aleki Lutui, Yann Thomas, Sila Puafisi, James Hudson, Ross Moriarty, Greig Laidlaw, Mark Atkinson, Tom Isaacs
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

With Laidlaw on the bench, hook or 36 to kick at goal?

I thought Glaws were really unlucky to lose last week - and Kvesic was very good in his first game of the season.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:25 pm

Really unlucky to get his yellow as well. If it was a card (debateable) it should have gone to Kalamafoni

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

I'd imagine Hook will take the kicks based upon pre-season and the Chiefs game, but we're in a nice position where we have a plethora of decent goal kickers. Given Cook was an 80% kicker for Pirates, he's not even getting a look in at the moment!

Hopefully Kvesic will start to fulfill his undoubted potential behind a pack that provides a little more resistance than a gentle summer's breeze
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:40 pm

LW vs Gloucester - the two most disorganised teams in the AP go head to head.

On paper Gloucester have a good side. So far they've been let down by a lack of structure - this should come in time though.

LW are also getting dismantled because they lack the organisation that most AP sides have but unlike Gloucester they don't have many big names to bail them out.

Exeter beat Gloucester last week because they are a well drilled unit - still think they need to add two or three bigger profile players to really push for higher honours though. Their youngsters have started brightly but I feel like they need more.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 25 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm

I think we'll pip Exeter, Botica to have a great game and Yarde to open his account
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 25 Sep 2014, 7:22 pm

If Goode has another shocker kicking, can we please let daly have a few shots at goal?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by sirtidychris Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:57 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:I'd imagine Hook will take the kicks based upon pre-season and the Chiefs game, but we're in a nice position where we have a plethora of decent goal kickers.  Given Cook was an 80% kicker for Pirates, he's not even getting a look in at the moment!

Hopefully Kvesic will start to fulfill his undoubted potential behind a pack that provides a little more resistance than a gentle summer's breeze

So many of the Gloucester team have unforfilled potential.. I wonder how long the waiting period is before they are just labeled average.

sirtidychris

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:00 am

HongKongCherry wrote:but we're in a nice position where we have a plethora of decent goal kickers...........
Whoa cowboy.  Plethora?
You must be feeling your oats in advance of the Friday evening roasting of London Welsh.......

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 26 Sep 2014, 6:30 am

doctor_grey wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:but we're in a nice position where we have a plethora of decent goal kickers...........
Whoa cowboy.  Plethora?
You must be feeling your oats in advance of the Friday evening roasting of London Welsh.......

Think the non-medical term doctor! Shocked
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:12 am

Would any one else secretly quite like Welsh to win this game?? Wink

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:14 am

yappysnap wrote:Would any one else secretly quite like Welsh to win this game?? Wink

Are you feeling threatened by the impending surge of the mighty Glaws yappy?? We've never, ever been known to be over confident or fall foul of false dawns... Wink
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:33 am

Nope...please put a cricket score on the Welsh thank you... Wink

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:56 am

Looks like Globogym are at it again... http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/story/242491.html

Makes sense as wasps are one if the few teams to threaten them each season, so take all their good players!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 26 Sep 2014, 11:59 am

HongKongCherry wrote:
yappysnap wrote:Would any one else secretly quite like Welsh to win this game?? Wink

Are you feeling threatened by the impending surge of the mighty Glaws yappy??  We've never, ever been known to be over confident or fall foul of false dawns... Wink

The way we're going so far I'm feeling pretty threatened by Welsh!!

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:17 pm

Interesting that Sarries would go for Launchbury...when they have a good crop already with Kruis and Itjoe the future.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:19 pm

yappysnap wrote:
HongKongCherry wrote:

Are you feeling threatened by the impending surge of the mighty Glaws yappy??  We've never, ever been known to be over confident or fall foul of false dawns... Wink

The way we're going so far I'm feeling pretty threatened by Welsh!!

To be honest, given our track record I have serious concerns that once again my confidence ahead of tonight is seriously misplaced!
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:24 pm

Falcons Team for Wasps

Team Announced:

1. Kieran Brookes
2. Scott Lawson
3. Scott Wilson
4. Calum Green
5. Dom Barrow
6. Mark Wilson
7. Will Welch (c)
8. Ally Hogg.

9 Ruki Tipuna
10 Juan Pablo Socino

11 Sinoti Sinoti
12 Adam Powell
13 Gonzalo Tiesi
14 Alex Tait
15. Simon Hammersley

Replacements 26. Alex Rogers, 17. Rob Hawkins, 18. Oliver Tomaszczyk, 19. Josh Furno, 20. Richard Mayhew, 21. Warren Fury, 22. Rory Clegg, 23. Alex Tuilagi.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:28 pm

Miles Benjamin comes into the Leicester Tigers backline for his first appearance of the season in Saturday's Aviva Premiership Round 4 fixture against London Irish at Welford Road.

Benjamin scored five tries in 10 appearances for the club last season but missed the run-in to the end of 2013/14 with a knee injury.

Blaine Scully also returns to the backline as Vereniki Goneva moves to centre in the absence of Anthony Allen, Manu Tuilagi and Seremaia Bai.

There is a place in the front row for Tom Bristow, while Sebastian de Chaves comes into the second and Jamie Gibson starts at flanker.

Summer signing Laurence Pearce, who made his comeback from injury in the 'A' League this week, is selected in the matchday squad for the first time.

Tom Youngs, Geoff Parling, Niall Morris and Logovi'i Mulipola were added to the injury list during last Saturday's match at Bath.

Leicester Tigers (v London Irish, Welford Road, Saturday 3pm)
15 Mathew Tait
14 Blaine Scully
13 Vereniki Goneva
12 Owen Williams
11 Miles Benjamin
10 Freddie Burns
9 Ben Youngs (c)
1 Tom Bristow
2 Leonardo Ghiraldini
3 Fraser Balmain
4 Sebastian De Chaves
5 Graham Kitchener
6 Jamie Gibson
7 Julian Salvi
8 Jordan Crane

Replacements
16 Neil Briggs
17 Riccardo Brugnara
18 Tiziano Pasquali
19 Laurence Pearce
20 Robert Barbieri
21 Harry Wells
22 Sam Harrison
23 Matt Smith

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

No second row forwards and just two backs on the bench. Wells recalled from Bedford to make his first appearance in an AP squad. Tom Croft being eased back to rugby with a one on/lone off schedule.

Last season this fixture saw London irish show all the invention behind the scrum with Leicester dominating up front and securing (iirc) two penalty tries. Leicester have to show some spark in the backs as you just cannot see the scrum bailing us out.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Dubbelyew L Overate Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:31 pm

Exeter team to face Quins on Sunday

15 Phil Dollman
14 Jack Nowell
13 Henry Slade
12 Sam Hill
11 Matt Jess
10 Gareth Steenson
9 Will Chudley
1 Ben Moon
2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
3 Tomas Francis
4 Mitch Lees
5 Damian Welch
6 Dave Ewers
7 Ben White
8 Thomas Waldrom

16 Elvis Taione
17 Carl Rimmer
18 Moray Low
19 Don Armand
20 Kai Horstmann
21 Pat Phibbs
22 Ian Whitten
23 Tom James

Dollman and Nowell completed their injury rehab from the bench last week, so get into the XV at the expense of Whitten (on the bench) and the unfortunate Botha.

Haydn Thomas was concussed last week so Chudley is promoted and short term signing Pat Phibbs dons the Exeter shirt again as the scrumhalf replacement.

Mitch Lees starts in place of Ryan Caldwell, who drops out, with Don Armand regaining his bench place.

Dubbelyew L Overate

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:38 pm

yappysnap wrote:Looks like Globogym are at it again... http://www.espn.co.uk/scrum/rugby/story/242491.html

Makes sense as wasps are one if the few teams to threaten them each season, so take all their good players!

I'm hoping it's the usual agent stuff (every players seems to get linked to either Saracens or Bath) as he's now an established international player and he'll be expecting (and deserves) a pretty hefty wage increase from where it was 2/3 years ago.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:39 pm

LondonTiger wrote:No second row forwards and just two backs on the bench. Wells recalled from Bedford to make his first appearance in an AP squad. Tom Croft being eased back to rugby with a one on/lone off schedule.

Last season this fixture saw London irish show all the invention behind the scrum with Leicester dominating up front and securing (iirc) two penalty tries. Leicester have to show some spark in the backs as you just cannot see the scrum bailing us out.

Wells is the second Row cover he has bulked out fair bit in the off season.

That back lines if it stays that way is pretty good.

Scully does the Morris job and chases the kick harder than anyone else.

Goneva @ 13 adds more of a attacking threat than smith and Benjamin on the wing means we don't lose the attacking threat out wide.

What Goneva @ 13 should do is keep defenders up in the line and stop Irish doing a bath and have all 3 players at the back.

Last edited by Welly on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:43 pm

It's great to see Benjamin back in a squad. Hopefully he can finally string a number of performances together.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:54 pm

London Irish team to play Leicester Tigers:

15. Andrew Fenby; 14. Alex Lewington; 13. Fergus Mulchrone; 12. Shane Geraghty*; 11. James Short; 10. Chris Noakes; 9. Scott Steele; 1. Tom Court*; 2. David Paice*; 3. Halani Aulika*; 4. George Skivington (Captain); 5. Jebb Sinclair*; 6. Kieran Low*; 7. Blair Cowan*; 8. Luke Narraway*

Replacements: 16. Gerard Ellis; 17. Matt Parr; 18. Leo Halavatau; 19. Dan Leo*; 20. Tom Guest; 21. Tomás O'Leary*; 22. Eamonn Sheridan; 23. Topsy Ojo*

Just the one enforced change for us, with Kieran Low stepping up from the bench to replace the injured Ofisa Treviranus.  Topsy Ojo takes the vacated bench spot as we revert back to a 5/3 split there.  

Considering they are missing both first choice centres, Tigers back line is pretty impressive and more than capable of causing serious problems.  We have to get on top up front here.  If we can do that I reckon we can win this.  This is our best chance of winning at Welford Road for some considerable time.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:01 pm

If irish can handle Goneva without giving Benjamin or Scully or Scully to much space there should win this.

Will be interesting to watch the game as Bath defense was having all the back 3 back to cover the kicks from burns/ Williams as smith is the attacking threat to cause them much damage.

With goneva there it could create the space for burns and Williams to attack the touch line in the Irish half.

And get Kitchener and Gibson to put pressure on the line out.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:02 pm

Bath side is the same as last week with the exception of two injury replacements.

Fasilova replaces Fearns and Woodburn in for Banners

Academy back rower on the bench and no outside back either. We are a bit tight in both positions with Agulla, Banners, Watson, Louw and Garvey all out.

15. Luke Arscott
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Olly Woodburn
10. George Ford
9. Chris Cook
1. Paul James
2. Rob Webber
3. David Wilson
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dave Attwood
6. Alafoti Fa’osiliva
7. Guy Mercer
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements
16. Tom Dunn
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Dominic Day
20. Charlie Ewels
21. Peter Stringer
22. Gavin Henson
23. Ollie Devoto

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:20 pm

At least Joseph is back in straight away, I was a bit worried when he limped off against the Tigers. He seems to have had a storming start to the season.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:42 pm

Disappointed to see so many foreign players in the Leicester team again, is that 9 I count there? They seem intent on backing journeymen foreign players over championship or academy players.

Also annoying that Fearns is out injured again, he never seems able to string more then a few games together.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 26 Sep 2014, 1:47 pm

Quins team:

HARLEQUINS HAS NAMED AN UNCHANGED STARTING TEAM FOR THE AVIVA PREMIERSHIP ROUND 4 MATCH AT SANDY PARK ON SUNDAY, KICK-OFF 14:00 (THE MATCH IS BEING SHOWN LIVE ON BT SPORT).

The changes to the squad that beat Wasps last week are among the replacements as Joe Gray, Sam Twomey and Joe Trayfoot are named.

Harlequins squad

15. Mike Brown
14. Marland Yarde
13. Harry Sloan
12. Jordan Turner-Hall
11. Aseli Tikoirotuma
10. Ben Botica
9. Danny Care

1. Joe Marler©
2. Dave Ward
3. Kyle Sinckler
4. Charlie Matthews
5. George Robson
6. Luke Wallace
7. Chris Robshaw
8. Nick Easter

Replacements

16. Joe Gray
17. Mark Lambert
18. Will Collier
19. Sam Twomey
20. Joe Trayfoot
21. Karl Dickson
22. Louis Grimoldby
23. Ollie Lindsay-Hague

2NEQ players in the team, 1 of which will shortly be EQ

Looking forward to Trayfoot coming on in my opinion him robshaw and Easter would make a very good combo. He's a different type of English 6 compared to most as well ( an actual 6 not a 6.5!)

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:13 pm

I don't ever remember a game against Tigers where I've looked at the front rows and wouldn't swap any of ours.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:14 pm

yappysnap wrote:Disappointed to see so many foreign players in the Leicester team again, is that 9 I count there? They seem intent on backing journeymen foreign players over championship or academy players.

Also annoying that Fearns is out injured again, he never seems able to string more then a few games together.

Well 6 non EQP.

Also we have Balmain, Brugnara, Pasquaili and Wells as players recently in the academy the former 3 were in the academy last season. Pearce was in the championship lats season at Rotherham.

Salvi, Ghilrandi, Scully, Williams, Goneva and Barbieri are the only ones that are Non-EQP or not products of the academy.

So a bit harsh there imo.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:35 pm

Bathite wrote:Bath side is the same as last week with the exception of two injury replacements.

Fasilova replaces Fearns and Woodburn in for Banners

Academy back rower on the bench and no outside back either. We are a bit tight in both positions with Agulla, Banners, Watson, Louw and Garvey all out.

15. Luke Arscott
14. Semesa Rokoduguni
13. Jonathan Joseph
12. Kyle Eastmond
11. Olly Woodburn
10. George Ford
9. Chris Cook
1. Paul James
2. Rob Webber
3. David Wilson
4. Stuart Hooper ( c )
5. Dave Attwood
6. Alafoti Fa’osiliva
7. Guy Mercer
8. Leroy Houston

Replacements
16. Tom Dunn
17. Nick Auterac
18. Henry Thomas
19. Dominic Day
20. Charlie Ewels
21. Peter Stringer
22. Gavin Henson
23. Ollie Devoto

Thought it was pretty great that our EQ is so high these days. In the last few years we've rightfully taken a fair bit of flak for overseas signings, but for two weekends in a row we've got a fully EQ backline and there's 5/8 EQ in the pack as well.

17/23 EQ is pretty impressive

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:03 pm

17/23 EQ is pretty impressive.

As it should be, well done Bath.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:05 pm

TightHEAD wrote:17/23 EQ is pretty impressive.

Leicester have 17/23 EQ.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:08 pm

Good for them.
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:09 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Good for them.
Thank you so much Yahoo

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:17 pm

Makes a change I guess!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm

TightHEAD wrote:Makes a change I guess!

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 Black-kid-oh-snap

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathite Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:28 pm

Welly wrote:

Leicester have 17/23 EQ.

How it is 17? I can count Scully, Goneva, Williams, Ghirladini, De Chaves, Salvi, Brugnara, Pasquali, Barbieri as all EQ, thats 9?

Bathite

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:32 pm

Welly wrote:

Aviva Premiership Round Four - Page 2 Black-kid-oh-snap

Very good, give it some...... welly!
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:33 pm

Bathite wrote:
Welly wrote:

Leicester have 17/23 EQ.

How it is 17? I can count Scully, Goneva, Williams, Ghirladini, De Chaves, Salvi, Brugnara, Pasquali, Barbieri as all EQ, thats 9?

brugnara and Pasquali have been here for 4 years both came here at 16 (were in the academy).

De Cheves has a English Mother and is therefore EQ.

Oh very good tighthead.

Last edited by Welly on Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:33 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:I don't ever remember a game against Tigers where I've looked at the front rows and wouldn't swap any of ours.

Can we swap the ref though - I believe we've not won a game with GG in charge, at least for the previous 3 seasons?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by TightHEAD Fri 26 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

Will London Welsh concede 50+ again tonight?
TightHEAD
TightHEAD

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 26 Sep 2014, 5:15 pm

I doubt it - Glaws aren't exactly firing on all cylinders at the moment - although I still expect them to win comfortably ...

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 26 Sep 2014, 5:28 pm

Ozzy I'd take Ghilrildini over Paice but your props really should be kicking their lips at the idea of the first scrum. Two young props with plenty of potential playing with a hooker new to the club. They aren't going to a cohesive unit and shouldn't have the raw power either.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:18 pm

I know fans of most other teams don't rate Paice, but there are very few hookers in the AP who I, or most other Irish fans would swap him for.  You are right about the props though, we have to get on top there and really hammer home any advantage.  Given your usual scrum dominance over us, if we can get on top and stay there, it could have a huge psychological impact on the rest of the game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:19 pm

Fraser Balmain will quite enjoy Tom Court I reckon.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 7:25 pm

Court has been excellent in his three games for us so far, and I seem to recall him dismantling Dan Cole on his last visit to Welford Road.  We have no worries about him LT.   Wink  Leprechaun
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm

Terrible game at the Kassam.  Gloucester lead 12-0 after 2 tries in 2 minutes, but it's a really low quality affair.  I cannot see any way that Welsh won't relegated this season.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next