The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+8
JuliusHMarx
superflyweight
trottb
seanmichaels
Union Cane
Rowley
rIck_dAgless
Mind the windows Tino.
12 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 30 Sep 2014, 11:47 am

First topic message reminder :

An arthropod is an invertebrate animal having an exoskeleton, a segmented body, and jointed appendages. Arthropods form the phylum Arthropoda, and include the insects, arachnids, and crustaceans.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:I don't look upon this like it's the end, Tina.  

I look upon it like it's moving on you know. It's almost like my work here's done. I can't imagine Jesus going 'Oh, I've told a few people in Bethlehem I'm the son of God, can I just stay here with Mum and Dad now?' No. You gotta move on. You gotta spread the word. You gotta go to Nazareth, please. And that's, very much like... me. My world does not end within these four walls, Slough's a big place. And when I've finished with Slough, there's Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell, you know I've got to-Didcott, Yately. You know. My-Winersh, Taplow. Because I am my own boss, I can-Burfield.

You grow up, you work half a century, you get a golden handshake, you rest a couple of years and you're dead. And the only thing that makes that crazy ride worthwhile is 'Did I enjoy it? What did I learn? What was the point?' That's where I come in. You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thankyou Tina for the opportunity, thankyou for the wisdom, thankyou for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes Tina. I must remember to thank him.'

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:21 pm

Thank you, Tina.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:21 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I don't look upon this like it's the end, Tina.  

I look upon it like it's moving on you know. It's almost like my work here's done. I can't imagine Jesus going 'Oh, I've told a few people in Bethlehem I'm the son of God, can I just stay here with Mum and Dad now?' No. You gotta move on. You gotta spread the word. You gotta go to Nazareth, please. And that's, very much like... me. My world does not end within these four walls, Slough's a big place. And when I've finished with Slough, there's Reading, Aldershot, Bracknell, you know I've got to-Didcott, Yately. You know. My-Winersh, Taplow. Because I am my own boss, I can-Burfield.

You grow up, you work half a century, you get a golden handshake, you rest a couple of years and you're dead. And the only thing that makes that crazy ride worthwhile is 'Did I enjoy it? What did I learn? What was the point?' That's where I come in. You've seen how I react to people, make them feel good, make them think that anything's possible. If I make them laugh along the way, sue me. And I don't do it so they turn round and go 'Thankyou Tina for the opportunity, thankyou for the wisdom, thankyou for the laughs.' I do it so, one day, someone will go 'There goes Tina. I must remember to thank him.'

That's very good Tino. Have you ever considered writing for television?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:22 pm

I'm absolutely fine after the dentist visit, thank you all for the concern.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:25 pm

Getting your dentures scraped is not going to raise our concerns, jeff.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:44 pm

Jeff wrote:I'm absolutely fine after the dentist visit, thank you all for the concern.

Did they issue beard protectors?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:46 pm

1 Have you ever climbed a mountain, and tried to touch the stars?
2 It hurts to see you walk away, and I'd like to ask you back to stay
3 The music's pumping through my mind, I feel my world's a million miles away
4 I'm gonna take you by the hand, and lead you through these precious lands
5 While I am missing you, and cloudless are the skies, I look at the stars, they're shining like your eyes
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:47 pm

Is 4 Club Tropicana by Wham?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm

Is 2 Deja Vu by Union Cane?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:50 pm

Is 2 Deja Vu by Union Cane?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:51 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Is 2 Deja Vu by Union Cane?

Brilliant, Rick.

Brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:56 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Jeff wrote:I'm absolutely fine after the dentist visit, thank you all for the concern.

No, but the dentist did notice I have grown a beard since my last visit. I am going to go all michaels on this and assume she obviously fancies me. May stalk her on facebook this afternoon.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 1:58 pm

No, no and no.

I did write a few tracks a good few years ago, my finest work was a banging little number called "Hippophagy".

No recordings survive, unfortunately.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:05 pm

Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

No, but the dentist did notice I have grown a beard since my last visit. I am going to go all michaels on this and assume she obviously fancies me. May stalk her on facebook this afternoon.

Sound plan Jeff. PM me her name and I'll look her up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Rowley wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:

Sound plan Jeff. PM me her name and I'll look her up.

Dave Smith.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:37 pm

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 David_Smith
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 David_Smith

That was Jules on his graduation day.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:40 pm

Where's sean today? Fallen off the wagon?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:Where's sean today?  Fallen off the wagon?  

He said this;

Catweazle wrote: Bit of a damp start. Quite pleased as it will soften the square up for tomorrow's work. Favourite day of the year although I'm hoping I haven't left it too late with the weather on the turn.

and then this;

Jurgen Klopp wrote: Using a massive scarifier, I clean out all the crap from the season and replace with new seed (50kg) and 2 tonnes of loam. I guess it is the equivalent of a spring clean, in autumn. Back breaking but rewarding.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:53 pm

He's probably finished all that, and is now playing touch-c0ck in the showers.

Last edited by Union Cane on Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Not in a gay way, of course.)
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 2:54 pm

Home enema?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:02 pm

superflyweight wrote:Home enema?  

No thanks, not after last time.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:28 pm

Took me ages to get it out of the curtains.

1 Have you ever climbed a mountain, and tried to touch the stars?
2 It hurts to see you walk away, and I'd like to ask you back to stay
3 The music's pumping through my mind, I feel my world's a million miles away
4 I'm gonna take you by the hand, and lead you through these precious lands
5 While I am missing you, and cloudless are the skies, I look at the stars, they're shining like your eyes
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:29 pm

What's happened to Shah these days?

Should we fear the worst?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:What's happened to Shah these days?

Oh god, he's not Welsh is he?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:42 pm

I wouldn't panic, shah will reappear soon enough, will make about ten comments, at least eight of which should almost certainly see him banned before disappearing again for a few weeks. I believe he does a lot of "training courses" at the minute.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:46 pm

Hi Jeff, how was the dentist?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:48 pm

Rowley wrote:

I wouldn't panic, shah will reappear soon enough, will make about ten comments, at least eight of which should almost certainly see him banned before disappearing again for a few weeks. I believe he does a lot of "training courses" at the minute.

3 will be about me being duffed up by toddlers, 3 will be about your weight, 2 will be about Sean and his bumhole and 2 will be relevant to whatever topic is being discussed.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 3:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:Hi Jeff, how was the dentist?

Thanks for the concern Union, that is northern hospitality at its finest right there. It was alright, I have been in considerable pain recently with toothache, but had a filling removed which was loose and redone, so once the pain from today goes away all should be good.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:03 pm

Glad to hear it, toothache is not pleasant and can make the jolliest of us into grouchy old curmudgeons.

Fancy having a crack at my lyrics quiz?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:06 pm

Union Cane wrote:Glad to hear it, toothache is not pleasant and can make the jolliest of us into grouchy old curmudgeons.

Fancy having a crack at my lyrics quiz?

Nobody has a clue, Union. The fact you've posted them about 15 times should give you a nudge.

I am guessing they are banging choons from the '90's but I'll be damned if I know what they are.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:10 pm

1 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
2 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
3 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
4 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
5 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold

How have I done?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:11 pm

Rowley wrote:1 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
2 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
3 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
4 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold
5 Force and Styles - Heart of Gold

How have I done?

You bastard. I have just started typing the exact same thing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:13 pm

2. Force & Styles - Heart Of Gold
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm

Have you ever climbed a mountain, and tried to touch the stars? Funfair - Force and Styles
2 It hurts to see you walk away, and I'd like to ask you back to stay Heart of Gold - Breeze and Styles
3 The music's pumping through my mind, I feel my world's a million miles away Wonderland - Force and Styles
4 I'm gonna take you by the hand, and lead you through these precious lands Field of Dreams - Force and Styles
5 While I am missing you, and cloudless are the skies, I look at the stars, they're shining like your eyes Pictures of You - SY and Unknown

Odd one out is the one that is least sh1ite.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:17 pm

I had literally (and I use the word correctly) never heard of Force and Styles before Union. I now feel like I am a fan, despite having still not having heard one note of their oeuvre.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:21 pm

Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:22 pm

Odd one out is number 5, as it is not by Force & Styles.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:42 pm

Rowley wrote:oeuvre.

Shocked

I don't know whether to applaud that or call you a pompous tw*t.  On balance, it was probably unnecessarily wordy.

Having said that, once I had googled it's meaning, I decided it was nice to add another word to my vocabulary.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:48 pm

It can be a fine line Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:49 pm

I thought that it was supposed to be 'output' but had been spelled incorrectly and auto-corrected to the French word for egg.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:50 pm

Rowley wrote:It can be a fine line Tina.

I just can't think of a time I would ever use it in conversation when a simpler word would do.

Unless I happen to bump into Oxring one day. I keep it in the locker for that eventuality.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:51 pm

I was going to use 'extant' today. As in "There are no extant copies of Union's songs".
I didn't have the time though. I might do it tomorrow.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 02 Oct 2014, 4:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:I thought that it was supposed to be 'output' but had been spelled incorrectly and auto-corrected to the French word for egg.

It wasn't just me then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:08 pm

Soupçon.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu 02 Oct 2014, 5:33 pm

I just can't think of a time I would ever use it in conversation when a simpler word would do.

I use it quite a lot. I am a bell end though, so perhaps am not a good example to be following.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:20 pm

Galted wrote:
Sod you then.

Sorry Galted.  Your absence is still a wound that is raw.  I am trying to pretend that you're still here with us, everyday, regaling us with stories about your scratching p*ssy and walks from Canon Street station.

I miss those heady days.

Thanks for the reassurance, Tino.  My absence is a raw wound for me too, and a painful one, the kind of pain that makes you say "sh1t, this pain that won't go away is genuinely painful".  I feel a little bit like one of those kids with Downes staring through the fence at all the normal kids who are having a party.  An excellent party with cake and all manner of fun games.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:21 pm

Galted wrote:
Sod you then.

Sorry Galted.  Your absence is still a wound that is raw.  I am trying to pretend that you're still here with us, everyday, regaling us with stories about your scratching p*ssy and walks from Canon Street station.

I miss those heady days.

picard

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 03 Oct 2014, 7:19 am

Morning and a merry Friday to one and all...

Daft busy for a Friday morning but fully intend to do knack all this afternoon with any luck, that time management course paying dividends....

Fist

Last edited by rick_dagless on Fri 03 Oct 2014, 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot the fist!!! Would somebody think of the Fist!!)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 03 Oct 2014, 7:52 am

Morning Rick, we getting a quiz off you this afternoon?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next