The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

+19
rob-glos
Derbymanc
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
kingraf
Dipper Brown
.aveyard2.0
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
22-2
Qoxiivi
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
milkyboy
Rodney
wheelchair1991
jimdig
catchweight
3fingers
Steffan
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview Empty Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by Steffan Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 7:21

Usual business of Clev saying he's got Bellew's number and Bellew being all deep about his life and just generally mental as always although this one looks like it could be slightly more articulate and less repetitive than those cringe worthy press conferences

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview Empty Re: Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by 3fingers Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 8:11

great fight..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deEiEeG7XsU

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview Empty Re: Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by catchweight Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 9:02

Bellew doesnt do himself any favours. He comes across as a d1ckhead before his fights. I also think he puts enormous pressure on himself unneccessarily and when he gets in the ring he struggles to meet it. If he does end up losing this he will be scarred for life.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 18:27

It's pretty sad really, and will all end in tears if bellew loses again.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 18:44

I hope clev wins

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 18:56

Can't be chewed with the usual pre-fight nonsense and Sky are going for the kill trying to build up a domestic battle. However Tony Bellew is rocketing to the top of my "can't stand" list and that's some feat, he is currently competing for top spot with Rio Ferdinand, Russell Brand, The X Factor judges and Robbie Williams.

Can't believe Bellew is still giving it the big I am, the things he was going to do to Stevenson was nobodies business , until he arrived in the ring and landed next to nothing. Clev UD for me this one.

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 20:34

Rodders, you don't understand, he was weight drained at light heavy. Now you're going to see the real tony bellew. Same with clev, he's coming back bigger and stronger. Cruiserweight nurses everywhere are bricking it.

On fight night, we're going to see the real Nathan cleverley and the real tony bellew. We will get to confirm beyond all doubt that both of them are thoroughly mediocre.

I say 'we're' going to see. I meant 'you're' obviously. I'll be washing my hair or changing nappies, something more interesting.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 20:35

There are times when I quite like Bellew, but when it comes to this kind of stuff I end up watching him through parted fingers.

Nothing wrong with being passionate and talking a good one, but most of the time with Tony it just seems a bit forced and contrived. I didn't really mind who won this, but the more Bellew opens his mouth about it the more I find myself hoping Cleverly takes it. Cleverly might not be a 'character' like Bellew but at least he's realistic about his career and where he's at now, and at least he's confident enough to just be himself. On the other hand Bellew comes across as if he loves to be loved and wants people to fawn over him and listen to his home-spun truths all the time.

Has anyone ever actually heard him give a reason for why he "hates" Cleverly and why he apparently can't keep his emotions and temper in check whenever he's around? Unfortunately, Bellew's head case routine comes across more like attention seeking.

On that note, I'm leaving this thread now, I don't care what any of you think about it, I'm going, don't try to stop me. I'm leaving right now.....
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 20:48

You know the house rules Chris... You need to start a new thread to say you're leaving... Even if its just leaving a thread.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 21:45

Shame of it is that Bellew comes across really when during his punditry stints

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 21:50

DAVE667 wrote:Shame of it is that Bellew comes across really when during his punditry stints

Comes across really what???

finish the sentence man.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 21:52

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Shame of it is that Bellew comes across really when during his punditry stints

finish the sentence man.
"Well"...I am unwell today therefore the word "well" has temporarily vanished from my personal lexicon

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 21:58

DAVE667 wrote:
ONETWOFOREVER wrote:

finish the sentence man.
"Well"...I am unwell today therefore the word "well" has temporarily vanished from my personal lexicon

Fair enough just be sure to proof read your work before sending it.

P.S I would wish you a ''get better soon'' but I hate you're guts I hope you understand tho Very Happy OK

Last edited by ONETWOFOREVER on Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 22:02; edited 1 time in total

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 22:00

Yeh Dave. Proof read you're work.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 22:25

Think Bellew wins this. He has the power to stop Clev (reckon Kovalev has cracked his supposedly ‘iron’ chin somewhat) but don’t think Clev has the power to stop Bellew.

Although I think Clev’s the better boxer (which isn’t saying all that much) I think the weight suits Bellew more than Clev, who won’t have the power to keep decent cruiserweights honest and off him for 12 rounds. His massive face has never been that hard to find either and while Bellew’s also no Sweet Pea, Clev shipping punches from Tony is more conducive to him not seeing out the distance than the other way around.

Had no idea milky was still in nappies, I have to say.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 22:52

Not still on them fella, I'm back in them. The circle of life.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 22-2 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 23:02

I have a friend who used to be on the same Maths course as Clev, a good guy who enjoys Chicken Caesar sandwiches by all accounts...

The main problem I feel is that no one cares about the outcome of the fight or either of their career trajectories afterwards. If Tony wins, we will be suffering his lopsided assessment for years to come every time we tune in to watch boxing on Sky. If Cleverly wins, we will be left watching someone that we generally aren't that bothered about.

It is pretty farcical that it is a pay per view event but the only way to make your frustrations known is to vote with your feet so to speak and not buy it.

I will watch it because I love boxing but I won't be paying for it myself

22-2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 23:15

22-2 wrote:I have a friend who used to be on the same Maths course as Clev, a good guy who enjoys Chicken Caesar sandwiches by all accounts...

The main problem I feel is that no one cares about the outcome of the fight or either of their career trajectories afterwards. If Tony wins, we will be suffering his lopsided assessment for years to come every time we tune in to watch boxing on Sky. If Cleverly wins, we will be left watching someone that we generally aren't that bothered about.

It is pretty farcical that it is a pay per view event but the only way to make your frustrations known is to vote with your feet so to speak and not buy it.

I will watch it because I love boxing but I won't be paying for it myself
Why should we care what sandwiches your mate enjoys?

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Thu 6 Nov 2014 - 23:40

According to Hearn though the closer the fight gets the less people are moaning about it being PPV, as ive stated I will not be buying, the card is not PPV and these premeditated antics from Tony Bellew do nothing for me

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:01

DAVE667 wrote:"Well"...I am unwell today
***That moment where you genuinely wouldn't mind hearing about a fatal case of Ebola in the UK***

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:11

Steffan wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:"Well"...I am unwell today
***That moment where you genuinely wouldn't mind hearing about a fatal case of Ebola in the UK***
Still not as interesting as your hopefully terminal case of foot-in-mouth disease...or your struggles with head-up-own-ar$e syndrome

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:27

FOE BUTTON

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:30

I relish the cut and thrust of STEFFY's barb's and jibes and happily respond in kind...he sadly takes it in a much less generous spirit than me.

But then again, I'm a nice person!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:31

DAVE667 wrote:I relish the cut and thrust of STEFFY's barb's and jibes and happily respond in kind...

I don't.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 0:48

Stick to your elitist little group on the Culture Cup thread then

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 1:29

I just can't get into this fight...........Have this terrible feeling both will be cautious.....Bellew knows his chin ain't great and cleverly knows that Bellew can pop....

Added to that is the fact that it's not really PPV...........

Quigg is a joke really..............I mean there are what three or four world champs over here tops and he's defended his titles nearly more times than most Brits ever have.......and he's still an undercard fighter !!

Tells you all you need to know about him and his credentials !!!!

Degale wins easy.....Smith wins easy................Bollox with a capital B....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 1:50

Bellew telegraphs his shots far too much even for a mug like Cleverley to get caught and his dislike for his opponent will over-ride any commonsense he may possess. Last time out he beat Cleveley to the jab again and again and ran out of steam in the last few rounds.

Bellew should stick to his boxing, it's the best chance he has because he's going to blow out of his backside after six rounds swinging away at Clev's chin and missing by a mile.

Back to top Go down

Post by .aveyard2.0 Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 3:26

Bellew has already lost this for me. How can anyone take what he says seriously? The Chimbela fight he gave it the big one and bombed, the first Clev fight he gave it the mouth and lost, and the less said about being woefully out of his depth against stevenson the better.

He comes across as someone who is in serious denial, as we see with many fighters, who once thought they were destined to be a top fighter who have to accept they are at best a b/c level fighter. I think every point clev made in that video is valid, he seems extremely confident (but not overly) that he will again get the job done.

The only caveat I will add is the weight difference since last time, and at this new weight with bellew he might actually have some pop but i doubt it.

For me the biggest thing with this fight is "who cares?"
.aveyard2.0
.aveyard2.0

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 4:37

Bellew is a good pundit and an interesting guy when not talking about himself, I like him a lot more when I pretend he's not a boxer.

Never, ever delivers on his promises though and is trying to forge this character of an unhinged KO artist that I don't think anyone really buys into. He's totally deluded in thinking he won the first fight, close but clear decision for Clev.

Also, I'm not usually one for psycho analysis and usually tend to pick the guy with the better attributes but Bellew seems to be approaching this all wrong. He looks like he's going to burst a blood vessel and seems to be burning up nervous energy just looking at Cleverly. If it's an intimidation tactic, it isn't working. For all the madman act, Cleverly has been in there with him and knows he can beat him.

Finally, I know it's not a Mr. Universe contest but all this talk about Bellew being dead at LH doesn't sit too well with me just looking at them. Cleverly seems to have filled out and Bellew looks narrow shouldered, heavy and his arms seem quite thin. I know having massive guns doesn't give you massive punching power but I'm just wondering if Bellew's move to cruiser is just a reason to eat more pies in the build up.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 4:47

Having said all that I'd rather defecate in my hands and clap than pay £15 to see these two scrap it out.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 5:59

Dipper Brown wrote:
For all the madman act, Cleverly has been in there with him and knows he can beat him.

Bingo.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 6:10

In Bellews own back garden no less

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 8:05

http://www1.skysports.com/watch/video/tv-shows/ringside/9552815/cleverly-getting-in-shape

Footage of Clev destroying whatever he hits

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marco_Marky - Stuffington Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 11:18

Hope Clev wins. Don't have any great love for him, but Bellew is a chav that got lucky. He strikes me as a flat track bully and when he was faced with his greatest challenge he bottled it big time.

Marco_Marky - Stuffington

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 15:24

Am I the only one that wants Bellew to win???

Aye he can be a bit of a plum at times, but he's good entertainment and he always trys his best. Don't like Clev at all, something about him seems slimy.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 21:04

Eddie loves a draw....

However I really hope Cleverly wins, Bellew would be absolutely unbearable.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 22:03

As pointed out before, it's no more than a decent domestic scrap between two fighters who have already found out what their level is. Whoever wins is unlikely to makes any waves on the World scene as both have already been weighed, measured found wanting.

Back to top Go down

Post by Qoxiivi Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 22:47

Derbymanc: I'll be rooting for Bellew. Sort of. Don't really care all that much, just think he has a marginally better chance of being a successful CW. Maybe.

Still though, whatever.

Actually, that's a bit unfair. Am kind of looking forward to this fight and think it'll be enjoyable. It just doesn't really have any relevance. Sort of like the Fury/Chisora fight.

Qoxiivi

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:20

Ill pay if Dave vs Steff is the undercard, no holds barred!

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:32

STEFFY and I are great friends, it would be with a heavy heart that I'd have to hit him repeatedly in the face and occasionally in the groin.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 7 Nov 2014 - 23:40

Only the occasional dig to the groin! To be perfectly honest I think I would rather pay £15 to see a real couple of ordinary guys that genuinely hate each other go at it.

The main event is far form PPv worthy. It might end up being a good scrap but as mentioned already, both guys have found there limits. Also some good fighters on the undercard fighting set ups, not really into that. It's a disgrace that we are excpected to pay for this farce. Now if the same card had Froch headlining against someone like Chavez or Degale then that could be different.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 1:21

I despise Froch, Degale and Chavez (to a lesser degree) so I'd rather punch my good friend STEFFY in the testicles repeatedly whilst occasionally jabbing at his gonads with a chainsaw than watch any of those idiots fight.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 1:23

Ok then how about Quigg vs Frampton?? That is bound to be PPV worthy.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 1:26

No, don't think that would be PPV worthy either...certainly not on it's own. It's an excellent fight but I'd have that as chief support to a bigger fight before I'd even consider it PPV worthy and to be honest even it was PPV worthy I wouldn't pay because I'm dead tight.

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 1:29

DAVE667 wrote:No, don't think that would be PPV worthy either...certainly not on it's own. It's an excellent fight but I'd have that as chief support to a bigger fight before I'd even consider it PPV worthy and to be honest even it was PPV worthy I wouldn't pay because I'm dead tight.

I would pay for it but to be fair PPV "should" only be for the very biggest fights on the world scene. Not for big domestic dust ups unless both guys are global superstars.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 2:54

I think there is no doubt that if quigg v frampton does happen it will be ppv

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 2:56

wheelchair1991 wrote:I think there is no doubt that if quigg v frampton does happen it will be ppv

If this nonsense is PPV then Frampton is a cert

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 3:23

I wouldn't argue with Frtampton-Quigg being PPV..........

If Froch - Groves 1 was then why not....

While we moan about Quigg's opponents......He's still world class and so is Frampton and it's a semi unification..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 3:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I wouldn't argue with Frtampton-Quigg being PPV..........

If Froch - Groves 1 was then why not....

While we moan about Quigg's opponents......He's still world class and so is Frampton and it's a semi unification..

Yeah I suppose it is a big clash, in fact I would of paid for Haye and Fury as well. Still think only boxings very biggest fights should be PPv, for eg Canelo vs Cotto or something on them lines.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sat 8 Nov 2014 - 23:17

DAVE667 wrote:I'd rather punch my good friend STEFFY in the testicles repeatedly whilst occasionally jabbing at his gonads with a chainsaw
That could really turn me on BIGBOY  Wink

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next