The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

+19
rob-glos
Derbymanc
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
kingraf
Dipper Brown
.aveyard2.0
TRUSSMAN66
Rowley
22-2
Qoxiivi
ONETWOFOREVER
88Chris05
milkyboy
Rodney
wheelchair1991
jimdig
catchweight
3fingers
Steffan
23 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview - Page 2 Empty Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by Steffan Wed 05 Nov 2014, 8:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Usual business of Clev saying he's got Bellew's number and Bellew being all deep about his life and just generally mental as always although this one looks like it could be slightly more articulate and less repetitive than those cringe worthy press conferences

Regards

Steffan

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 3:04 pm

This fight was going to be an undercard fight not too long ago. Hearn must think the public are good for x number of ppv events a year and doesnt look like he is fussy with what will headline them as long as he can "stack" a card with names.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview - Page 2 Empty Re: Cleverly v Bellew - Gloves Are Off Preview

Post by Derbymanc Sun 09 Nov 2014, 4:56 pm

Problem is it is becoming an intriguing fight now for a lot of people. The ads etc are gonna get more and more and I think the casual fan might buy into this. Am still hoping it's a bust though.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 09 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm

I dont know how many buys constitutes a success for a show like that.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by alanqlm Sun 09 Nov 2014, 6:12 pm

Before this video I was wanting bellew to win this mainly because cleverly bores me and met bellew at the frampton fight and seemed a decent guy.

But just comes across like a complete prat here while Clev came across really well. Add to that kovalev's performance last night doesn't make Clev look so bad now.

alanqlm

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:19 pm

Really good news on the PPV price....

£16.95

Thought that price was a one off for Froch-Groves II

Apparently that's the new benchmark price. 
Great.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:23 pm

rob-glos wrote:Really good news on the PPV price....

£16.95

Thought that price was a one off for Froch-Groves II

Apparently that's the new benchmark price. 
Great.

Let's crack open a bottle.. RedWine

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 10 Nov 2014, 12:31 pm

He wanted it to be cheaper... But look at the undercard, it doesn't come cheap. Hey 16.95 is only 15 quid, 17.95 is 20 quid. Eddie hadn't studied psychological pricing for nothing. Could have got away with 16.99 in my view... But he doesn't want to screw the fans.

If you don't think this amazing card with all these world champions and future world champions on it is worth 15 quid then don't buy it, but really you're missing out on a great night's boxing... Blah blah blah.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 10 Nov 2014, 3:54 pm

that really is taking the p*ss £16.95 Eddie really is a man of the people should have been £20

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Mon 10 Nov 2014, 4:04 pm

Wow! Hearn is making a huge error here, IMO. Too many fighters, not enough dates. Why Quigg has to fight 4 times in 12 months when none are significant fights, I do not know.

it is definitely this price?

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:22 pm

Yup... Definitely £16.95...

Unless you fancy ordering on the phone, it's £22 then.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 10 Nov 2014, 10:43 pm

£22 really? Jesus

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Tue 11 Nov 2014, 9:48 am

http://www1.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/9538781/book-cleverly-bellew-II

Apparently so...
Book on the day, by phone.... £21.95
And if you're particularly lucky a £2 booking fee as well

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:09 pm

I'm actually getting a little more curious about this fight as the 22nd gets closer, though I agree it has little relevance in the grand scheme of things. I too am puzzled as to why Bellew displays such disproportionate hate towards Cleverly and I don't buy that it's simply because of a post-fight comment about being in "2nd gear, with a rib injury" from Clev - Loads of fighters are unsporting towards their opponents in post-fight interviews/press-conferences, so nothing new there.

I have a hunch Cleverly wins the rematch, simply because I think he has the edge mentally after winning a narrow but fair decision in the first fight. But also because I think he has naturally filled out at 200lbs (despite Bellew fighting at heavyweight in the amateurs) with a solid physique.

Also, despite going back to his supposedly natural weight, Bellew's punch resistance has not improved. It was worrying to see a shot Valerie Brudov almost put him away on his cruiser debut!! Cleverly isn't the biggest puncher but I suspect he hits hard enough at the higher weight (assuming he can maintain a consistent, high tempo pace) to force a stoppage if the fight goes long. Conditioning will be a big factor and whilst Cleverly might also have chin problems, he did take over 3 rounds of solid shots from Kovalev before wilting. On the other hand, Bellew went quickly once he was caught by that clean left hand vs Stevenson, and we know he is still vulnerable at cruiser. Won't know if the same is true of Cleverly until he takes a solid shot from Bellew.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:14 pm

Bloody hell you're a blast from the past marlon. Hope you're keeping well.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Tue 11 Nov 2014, 10:21 pm

Thanks Jeff! Yes I am well thanks. Hope you are too mate. Smile Trying to get into the habit of getting on here more.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2