The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Galted
kingraf
Rowley
Adam D
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:50 am

First topic message reminder :

What, now?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

Ey up lads.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:04 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Grey at the moment Tino, looks a bit like Aberdeen (the worlds greyest place).

Daarn Saarf treating you well mate?

Never been to Aberdeen.  Lots of oil wealth there?

Same old, same old down here mate.  Unfriendly faces.  I've given up saying good morning and holding doors in London.  If you can't beat them, join them.

What a coincidence.
I've given up putting my cape over the gutter when a lady gets out of the carriage in the rain. I barely get a thank you for doing it these days.

So I've decided to:
1) be my natural friendly and courteous self to family, friends and other similar kind and friendly people only.
2) be a tight-arsed, uncompromising, stern-looking, selfish, overbearing and unpleasant individual to all others. It's about time I say.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:07 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
2) be a tight-arsed, uncompromising, stern-looking, selfish, overbearing and unpleasant individual to all others. It's about time I say.

I don't reckon you've got that in you, LD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:10 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

The plumber reckons I shouted at him the other day. I was only trying to drum the bleedin' obvious into his dimwit skull.
It was quite funny in retrospect. He started stuttering and talking gibberish. His face went a strange shade of red too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:27 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

The plumber reckons I shouted at him the other day. I was only trying to drum the bleedin' obvious into his dimwit skull.
It was quite funny in retrospect. He started stuttering and talking gibberish. His face went a strange shade of red too.

I leave Mrs Windows to shout at people when they are doing work to our house. It is old and pretty much constantly need stuff doing to it.

I'm too British to enjoy confrontation. Canadians are dead intense and get angry quite easily when they think someone is taking the p*ss. That's why I leave it up to her.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:30 am

Tino wrote:Never been to Aberdeen. Lots of oil wealth there?

Granite city so, houses Grey Stone, Roads Grey, River Grey, Sky Grey, people Grey...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:34 am

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Never been to Aberdeen. Lots of oil wealth there?

Granite city so, houses Grey Stone, Roads Grey, River Grey, Sky Grey, people Grey...

How many shades of grey would you estimate rick?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:34 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

I leave Mrs Windows to shout at people when they are doing work to our house.  It is old and pretty much constantly need stuff doing to it.

I'm too British to enjoy confrontation.  Canadians are dead intense and get angry quite easily when they think someone is taking the p*ss.  That's why I leave it up to her.

Julius spent some time in Canada. I wonder if some of it rubbed off on him at a young age?  "juices like wine...." Great location, Tino. Laugh

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:36 am

Jules wrote:How many shades of grey would you estimate rick?

First glance you would say around the 50 mark Jules...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:37 am

TLD wrote:ulius spent some time in Canada. I wonder if some of it rubbed off on him at a young age? "juices like wine...." Great location, Tino

I used to live in Canada, in a place called St John's in New Brunswick

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:46 am

rick_dagless wrote:
TLD wrote:ulius spent some time in Canada. I wonder if some of it rubbed off on him at a young age?  "juices like wine...." Great location, Tino

I used to live in Canada, in a place called St John's in New Brunswick

My ex's family was from Lake Muskoka in Ontario. Some from London, Ont. as well as around the Hamilton area.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:51 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

"juices like wine...." Great location, Tino. Laugh

I’m going through my whole repertoire (oeuvre?) of 80’s songs in homage to Jules. One a day.

He seems a bit cross with me at the moment though. I think it’s the Canadian in him (not literally ‘in him’).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 10:56 am

What makes you say that, my dearest Tino?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:What makes you say that, my dearest Tino?

You completely ignored my tennis talk yesterday. I got some stats of Sky Sports when I was having my breakfast. Memorised them, which isn't easy for me, and then posted them to make you feel better.

You blanked me. It hurt.

LD also blanked my question on funnel web spiders. That hurt a little bit as well.

I'm pretty sensitive, deep down.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:02 am

I appreciated the tennis talk, but if I'd replied you might have felt obliged to continue the discussion. I wanted to spare you that. I was only thinking of you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:09 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I appreciated the tennis talk, but if I'd replied you might have felt obliged to continue the discussion. I wanted to spare you that. I was only thinking of you.

Ok, that's made me feel more happy than I have done since yesterday morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:13 am

Good. I think LD blanked you because he thinks you're an idiot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Good. I think LD blanked you because he thinks you're an idiot.

I think you're probably right. And so is he (right about me being an idiot, not him being one).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Oh well, I'd better bring the pet funnel webs in for the night.

Do you see many of them, LD?  I really need to come to Oz to see your arthropod world (in general, not just your back yard).

It would be a dream trip for me.  Everyone else would be on the beach whilst I was hunting around for spiders.

Awfully sorry. I completely missed this one yesterday.

Not so much now. We did find one here though during the demolition in winter.
It was a lighter colour than usual. Brown-black rather than purple-black.

I've moved from the "jungle" area (Ku-ring-gai) to a more built up area less suitable for them. There would be some around the creeks and rivers nearby. There are more redbacks around here though. A few huntsmen too but less Golden Orbs.

At certain beaches with lagoons you'll find plenty of funnel webs. They get washed down rivers to the coast after heavy rain. They tend to wander around more then too and are most active in late summer (February).

Even though I've seen many I still get a bit of a chill when I see them. The way they move and all of that... silent and deadly.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:00 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Oh well, I'd better bring the pet funnel webs in for the night.

Do you see many of them, LD?  I really need to come to Oz to see your arthropod world (in general, not just your back yard).

It would be a dream trip for me.  Everyone else would be on the beach whilst I was hunting around for spiders.

Awfully sorry. I completely missed this one yesterday.

Not so much now. We did find one here though during the demolition in winter.
It was a lighter colour than usual. Brown-black rather than purple-black.

I've moved from the "jungle" area (Ku-ring-gai) to a more built up area less suitable for them. There would be some around the creeks and rivers nearby. There are more redbacks around here though. A few huntsmen too but less Golden Orbs.

At certain beaches with lagoons you'll find plenty of funnel webs. They get washed down rivers to the coast after heavy rain. They tend to wander around more then too and are most active in late summer (February)

Even though I've seen many I still get a bit of a chill when I see them. The way they move and all of that... silent and deadly.

It was worth the wait, LD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:12 pm

Our family has had many interesting encounters with them... too many to mention.
I nearly dived on top of one in a swimming pool.
One walked over Mum's slippers whilst she was standing at the back door. It walked right over her foot.
Had another one in a bedroom once... you wouldn't believe it but I sort of sensed something was in the room and switched a lamp on and it was there in the corner. One in a million freakish moment that was.

However, do you remember the story about the next door neighbour? That was the big spider event for us.
The aunt of cricketer Rick McCosker... who had his jaw broken in the Centenary Test in '77... got bitten one sunny Saturday morning.
She was one of the first people to receive the new anti venom. The fangs had gone right through her thick gloves.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:18 pm

Once shared a pleasant lunch hour in the staff canteen at Sydney's Wonderland with a fairly large red-back. It was sat about 5 inches from my shoulder eyeing up my sweet-chilli chicken baguette.

It wasn't until we were leaving that the Kiwi guy I had been speaking to during lunch decided to tell me the spider had been sitting there the whole time.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:21 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Our family has had many interesting encounters with them... too many to mention.
I nearly dived on top of one in a swimming pool.
One walked over Mum's slippers whilst she was standing at the back door. It walked right over her foot.
Had another one in a bedroom once... you wouldn't believe it but I sort of sensed something was in the room and switched a lamp on and it was there in the corner. One in a million freakish moment that was.

However, do you remember the story about the next door neighbour? That was the big spider event for us.
The aunt of cricketer Rick McCosker... who had his jaw broken in the Centenary Test in '77... got bitten one sunny Saturday morning.
She was one of the first people to receive the new anti venom. The fangs had gone right through her thick gloves.

Yes I do remember that story. I've seen stories of people being bitten through gloves when scooping leaves up.

I got stung by a wasp on my bicep last year. If flew up my t-shirt when I was cutting some laurel down in the back garden.

I didn't need anti venom though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:23 pm

Bicep, lol.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:26 pm

superflyweight wrote:Once shared a pleasant lunch hour in the staff canteen at Sydney's Wonderland with a fairly large red-back.  It was sat about 5 inches from my shoulder eyeing up my sweet-chilli chicken baguette.  

It wasn't until we were leaving that the Kiwi guy I had been speaking to during lunch decided to tell me the spider had been sitting there the whole time.      

Mum had one on her shoulder a few years ago. We had been doing some gardening and I noticed it on her woolly cardigan as we were standing near the bins at the end of the day. I flicked it off like an expert. She was so cool about it and was more embarrassed than frightened. She must have thought it was a Katipo (the NZ version).

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:28 pm

I'm afraid of spiders. I suspect if someone posted a picture of one it would drive me away from the culture cup forever.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:33 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm afraid of spiders. I suspect if someone posted a picture of one it would drive me away from the culture cup forever.

Me too, Jules.
The fact that they have 8 eyes is enough for me. I find that my heart rate usually soars when I see them and then realise that at least one of those eyes is looking at me too.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:39 pm

Union Cane wrote:Bicep, lol.

Upper arm then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:40 pm

It's the long legs that bother me LD. Large-bodied spiders with short legs aren't a problem. It's the long spindly, scuttly legs.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's the long spindly, scuttly legs.

You'd hate a Scutigera coleoptrata then.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 pm

Geez, Rohit Sharma has hit 250 runs in an ODI v SL. Highest score in an international match. Some ridiculous shots into the stands.
257 now... off 168 balls. India 396/4 with an over to go.

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm afraid of spiders. I suspect if someone posted a picture of one it would drive me away from the culture cup forever.
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFxd04igddstUNkpiPmHEDDAs5pTWc222NYK5Kj6dg86P6quXZug

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:45 pm

What have I missed? Never been so busy at work, this has to pass pretty soon, is bordering on intolerable.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:48 pm

Adam D wrote:
The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFxd04igddstUNkpiPmHEDDAs5pTWc222NYK5Kj6dg86P6quXZug

TopHat has lost some weight.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:53 pm

Jules wrote:TopHat has lost some weight.

I find the Venom Symbiote suit enahances TopHats curves much better

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 12 2Q==

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 12:58 pm

Rowley wrote:What have I missed? Never been so busy at work, this has to pass pretty soon, is bordering on intolerable.

Some pretty excellent insect discussions, Jeff.

You picked a terrible day to be busy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:01 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Geez, Rohit Sharma has hit 250 runs in an ODI v SL. Highest score in an international match. Some ridiculous shots into the stands.
257 now... off 168 balls. India 396/4 with an over to go.

264 off 173 balls.

Incredible.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:20 pm

Thought there was a sport ban on this sports forum chatroom?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Only elitist sports like cricket and rugby are allowed.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:38 pm

Union Cane wrote:Only elitist sports like cricket and rugby are allowed.

Golf is elitist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:39 pm

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:41 pm

Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Thereby it isn't.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:44 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Thereby it isn't.

Who are you trying to kid.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:45 pm

Sparkling conversation on here at times.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:Sparkling conversation on here at times.  

This is actually the peak of today's efforts.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:51 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Thereby it isn't.

You are posh (elitist) and I am not, I am common and northernly.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Thought there was a sport ban on this sports forum chatroom?

I said I'd deal with this Rick, give me a name I'll ban them. Don't have to be the person who started it, just pick someone.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:53 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Thereby it isn't.

I'm northernly and common. I don't play golf, rugby or cricket. You play golf.

Therefore you're considerably more elitist than me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:55 pm

Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:
Union Cane wrote:

Golf is elitist.  

I play golf.

I don't.

Thereby it isn't.

I'm northernly and common.  I don't play golf, rugby or cricket.  You play golf.

Therefore you're considerably more elitist than me.

You work in that London and wear jumpers, the very definition of elitistness in my book.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next