The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland v Georgia Sunday 16th

+32
TJ
BlueMuff
Rory_Gallagher
kunu
LeinsterFan4life
Biltong
Pot Hale
Pete330v2
JmD
BamBam
Standulstermen
FecklessRogue
asoreleftshoulder
gleesonisgod
GoodinTightSpaces
Mickado
Submachine
The Great Aukster
thebandwagonsociety
ME-109
Marshes
Golden
wolfball
SecretFly
Sin é
MunsterMac
GunsGerms
profitius
Nachos Jones
Notch
George Carlin
pete (buachaill on eirne)
36 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Ireland v Georgia Sunday 16th - Page 7 Empty Ireland v Georgia Sunday 16th

Post by pete (buachaill on eirne) Sun 09 Nov 2014, 11:20 pm

First topic message reminder :

Hi all,

Feel like this post can go up now that the dust is starting to settle on what was a very good win at the weekend.
Plenty of positives to take including the effective defense, the tenuous breakdown work and excellent control from the halfbacks. Some things could still be considered work ons including our attack with ball in hand, lineout and scrum.

Georgia, with all due respect, should be an easy game (echoes of 2007). Tonga beat them 23-6. Georgia failed to score a point in the second half and all of Tonga's tries came in the final 20minutes. Without wanting to sound too simplistic, it would appear as if Georgia are quite unfit albeit very physical while still on their feet. As a developed playing nation we should benefit from a number of things but the main one should be organisation and preparation. I am expecting a 100% return from our lineout, some later success in securing turnovers and our defensive shape to hold firm.

To put it bluntly, I don't believe that Georgia have any right scoring a point against us.............................with all due respect.

Injuries still account for a fair bit of our squad, other than the original cast who were down and out we have possibly lost Payne for this one, Best may be back, Henry should be back if it was just a virus and Darcy should be available also.

Any game day news, predictions, wish-lists etc pop it down below.
Much love,
Pete

pete (buachaill on eirne)

Back to top Go down

Ireland v Georgia Sunday 16th - Page 7 Empty Re: Ireland v Georgia Sunday 16th

Post by BlueMuff Mon 17 Nov 2014, 5:17 pm

Be interested to see what other Munster supporters think but to me James Cronin is a stronger all round LH than kilcoyne - better scrummager and destructive in the lose

BlueMuff

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 17 Nov 2014, 5:18 pm

BlueMuff wrote:Be interested to see what other Munster supporters think but to me James Cronin is a stronger all round LH than kilcoyne - better scrummager and destructive in the lose

Yeah, you're lucky to have two really good options there.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:23 pm

Just watched the game and one thing stood out to me.

Loads and loads of air horns. What's with that? Do the Irish crowd usually bring these horrible things with them or is that a one off? Sounds like they're playing in a traffic jam!!f

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 17 Nov 2014, 6:35 pm

That was a traffic jam as Irish fans just park their cars in the middle of the road Wink

Didn't notice the horns at all though. Maybe too pinned to the game.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Mon 17 Nov 2014, 7:23 pm

yappysnap wrote:Just watched the game and one thing stood out to me.

Loads and loads of air horns. What's with that? Do the Irish crowd usually bring these horrible things with them or is that a one off? Sounds like they're playing in a traffic jam!!f

It was really irritating. The person with the air horn did it during the first Georgian kick at goal, which was really annoying. There was an announcement on the tannoy which seemed to stop it. Actually the Georgian fans in the stadium were also very boisterous when Madigan was kicking! But we almost just let them away with it as they seemed otherwise like a good bunch of lads and it was never a particularly close game.

I didn't mention, the Georgian try was very well constructed and taken- slack defence from us of course but a good score.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:07 am

Fog horns have been around for years alright. Doing it when someone kicks should be grounds for having it taken off you I reckon.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:09 am

Maybe a simple rule of no glass bottles, iron bars, steel knives, Tommy guns or fog horns?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:12 am

Well you arent allowed umbrellas so steel knives should be banned alright.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:31 am

yappysnap wrote:Just watched the game and one thing stood out to me.

I just assumed that mobile phones hadn't reached Georgia yet and the horns were just two lads from Tbilisi who had got themselves separated.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 6:44 am

Heavy racial stereotyping there, George! That's like saying Irish people eat potatoes and drink too................................... oh go ahead.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue 18 Nov 2014, 8:21 am

Shamelessly stealing this from Reddit, but when asked to submit a pic or gif that describes either your team or your reaction after last weekend, one Irish fan posted this. Amazing.

Spoiler:

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 18 Nov 2014, 8:23 am

If that kid still has his thumbs up after next weekend, I'll then say he isn't a smug little git Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 18 Nov 2014, 9:59 am

Not a primary Munster supporter but from the games I've been to and watched Cronin and Kilcoyne are neck and neck.  The middle to end of last season I'd have said Cronin was in front but this season I reckon Kilcoyne has performed better. Open to correction though.

If Moore was injured we would probably feel kind of comfortable with Ross/Moore at TH.  The kid Furlong is looking really strong at Leinster but is still only a baby in TH years.  White had been doing well in Connacht, that was a very untimely injury.

Ireland is now feeling the bite from having Afoa - Botha - Van der Linde - Wright at provincial level for so long, using up valuable minutes that could have been spent developing options for the green jersey

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:06 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Not a primary Munster supporter but from the games I've been to and watched Cronin and Kilcoyne are neck and neck.  The middle to end of last season I'd have said Cronin was in front but this season I reckon Kilcoyne has performed better. Open to correction though.

If Moore was injured we would probably feel kind of comfortable with Ross/Moore at TH.  The kid Furlong is looking really strong at Leinster but is still only a baby in TH years.  White had been doing well in Connacht, that was a very untimely injury.

Ireland is now feeling the bite from having Afoa - Botha - Van der Linde - Wright at provincial level for so long, using up valuable minutes that could have been spent developing options for the green jersey

Van der linde was more of a bed blocker than anything.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by MrsP Tue 18 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

Hi lads.

Has anyone heard any news about the Georgian player who was stretchered off?

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Wed 19 Nov 2014, 8:58 am

GunsGerms wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:Not a primary Munster supporter but from the games I've been to and watched Cronin and Kilcoyne are neck and neck.  The middle to end of last season I'd have said Cronin was in front but this season I reckon Kilcoyne has performed better. Open to correction though.

Van der linde was more of a bed blocker than anything.

Van der Linde was a total joke for Leinster - came with a big reputation and did feck all - spent a load of time not available because of a problem with his big toe - hence the joke at the time - CJ Van Der Bigtoe. OK, Donnacha Ryan situation shows that toes can present big problems but in VDL's case always thought it was more of an excuse. Maybe I'm doing the guy wrong, but he was up there with Cameron Jowett as one of Leinster's less exciting signings - and yes he probably was a bed blocker

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:16 am

Afoa was initially really excellent and then made the transition to total bed blocker in his last season.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7