The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

+25
thebandwagonsociety
lostinwales
LordDowlais
The Great Aukster
thomh
Ozzy3213
Notch
Rugby Fan
Manu's Boxing Coach
GunsGerms
nathan
HongKongCherry
killer938
Welly
SecretFly
broadlandboy
Biltong
formerly known as Sam
TightHEAD
2ndtimeround
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
beshocked
sirtidychris
Alex_Germany
29 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 3 Empty How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by Alex_Germany Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:54 am

First topic message reminder :

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/dec/07/martin-castrogiovanni-leicester-richard-cockerill-toulon

This is sad. I used to think Castrogiovanni was great.

Now he's just making himself seem pathetic. And using these swear words to the national press doesn't help.

He went from 1st choice to 2nd/3rd choice - it happens. Just leave on good terms to the best club where you get game time, whether that's Toulon or a 2nd division Italian side.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 3 Empty Re: How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by lostinwales Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:52 am

SecretFly wrote:Didn't the ruling on Delon admit that he was provoked.  No, they didn't say that justified his comments, whatever they were, but I guess if it's a public stadium and a player playing in public is held responsible for bringing the game into disrepute/ acting in a way deduced as misconduct, then maybe the guys who were allegedly provoking him in a public space should also get a ban?

Asswhole fans (and I'm not categorising any particular fan base!!!) - but these smarmy opinionated, loud mouth fans that I guess every team has to some degree at some percentage level... they get life too easy methinks.  If you can't help yourself taunting a player then you should face a few bans yourself.

Yep, but its not DA's job to deal with it. It's DA's job to smile through gritted teeth and get out of there. On the pitch if you retaliate infront of the ref you get in trouble

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 3 Empty Re: How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by SecretFly Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:59 am

No, I'm not exactly a smile through gritted teeth guy... so I know the point but, I guess I'd pick up a lot of fines and bans Wink

Seriously though - DA's reaction is not the issue I'm talking about. He's been dealt with.

Who is going to deal with the provokers, whoever they were?

If the answer is nobody, if the answer is they'll be back in position as supporters next weekend, then that's the wrong answer for a sport that says what happens in public in its name should be controlled by laws and sanctions.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:01 pm

Depends what was said re Provokers?

The full report will be out soon.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:05 pm

Welly wrote: Depends what was said re Provokers?
 The full report will be out soon.

Not really Welly. A provoker is a provoker. The citing guys accepted Armitage was provoked. The words used doesn't matter - provocation is provocation, designed to elicit a response. If it was considered mere 'banter' then the citing people wouldn't have acknowledged provocation.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3