The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

+25
thebandwagonsociety
lostinwales
LordDowlais
The Great Aukster
thomh
Ozzy3213
Notch
Rugby Fan
Manu's Boxing Coach
GunsGerms
nathan
HongKongCherry
killer938
Welly
SecretFly
broadlandboy
Biltong
formerly known as Sam
TightHEAD
2ndtimeround
LondonTiger
HammerofThunor
beshocked
sirtidychris
Alex_Germany
29 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 2 Empty How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by Alex_Germany Mon Dec 08, 2014 5:54 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/dec/07/martin-castrogiovanni-leicester-richard-cockerill-toulon

This is sad. I used to think Castrogiovanni was great.

Now he's just making himself seem pathetic. And using these swear words to the national press doesn't help.

He went from 1st choice to 2nd/3rd choice - it happens. Just leave on good terms to the best club where you get game time, whether that's Toulon or a 2nd division Italian side.

Alex_Germany

Back to top Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 2 Empty Re: How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:13 am

What is Delon alleged to have done now?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

How to sound bitter and lose your reputation - Page 2 Empty Re: How to sound bitter and lose your reputation

Post by thomh Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:14 am

Alleged to have verbally abused supporters including children trying to get his autograph.

thomh

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:21 am

If that's true then he deserves whatever punishment he gets.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:33 am

'Love me or hate me. I don't hate anyone. Peace and love. I just don't like c*nts."

Smile

I think I want that on my tombstone!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:36 am

http://m.epcrugby.com/news/29730.php

Although if Delons abuse was during the game I don't see that it could have been directed at autograph hunters.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:38 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:http://m.epcrugby.com/news/29730.php

Although if Delons abuse was during the game I don't see that it could have been directed at autograph hunters.

Supposedly during (calling fans inbred c***s when leaving at HT, in a stadium bar after (walked into fans bar rather than players lounge, was met with banter/abuse and DA offered to go to the car park and rip the guys face off), and outside the ground when getting on the coach called some autograph hunters c**s.

These are the allegations. Probably exagerated and at least some level of provocation.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:12 am

Not surprising at all from Del boy, when has he needed provocation - he has always been thus. What is surprising is that someone hasn't sorted this loon out before now?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:46 pm

In the heat of the game whilst the fans are giving him stick, if he's bitten back, I can accept that. After the game, not on. Will be interesting to see how it pans out abd what evidence there is.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:54 pm

I prefer an honest rant more than polite lip service, you can learn nothing from polite premeditated speeches.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:15 pm

Honest rants can happen without including the worst swear word used on Britain - I honestly don't think Castro understands how bad that word isnjere

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Dec 09, 2014 6:27 pm

Accepted, no need to cuss like that, he is Italian after all, English is not his first language, so I would think he isn't aware of how bad his choice of words were.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:30 pm

Biltong wrote:Accepted, no need to cuss like that, he is Italian after all, English is not his first language, so I would think he isn't aware of how bad his choice of words were.

Very true, I just wonder if he had anyone to advise him. Was probably Delon Armitage Erm

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:45 pm

nathan wrote:
Biltong wrote:Accepted, no need to cuss like that, he is Italian after all, English is not his first language, so I would think he isn't aware of how bad his choice of words were.

Very true, I just wonder if he had anyone to advise him. Was probably Delon Armitage Erm

I have a few clients who came from England to retire here, they often ask me what certain Afrikaans words mean, it is usually the worst swear words.

I suspect it is a human trait to teach the worst words first to a foreigner Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:01 am

How is ................. that swear word............. worse than others though?

Bastard = someone born out of wedlock - insult inference: your mother isn't your mother or your father isn't you father - and maybe neither are neither and they found you in a ditch
Bollox = em male sexual organs - insult inference:  How it ranks as an insult I can never quite work out.
F**ker = Copulator - insult inference:  Again, the insult part always bemuses me
W**ker = Self-fun-ulator - insult inference: in that you can't get a partner to share the fun with because you're probably too ugly or too frigid
bumhole = Rectum - insult inference:  I guess it's a case of everyone has one but most people pretend they don't.

No.... I can't see why - that other swear word - should be declared worse than the others (and I only mentioned a few).  I think it's even a tad sexist to suggest it's worse considering bollox is in there Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:05 am

Because of general public perception. That's all that makes any word 'bad' or 'good'.

SecretFly wrote:bumhole = Rectum - insult inference:  I guess it's a case of everyone has one but most people pretend they don't.

Can't say that I've seen someone pretend that but can only imagine it goes spectacularly mess.  Also bumhole =/= rectum. bum, isn't it? EDIT: it seems the 'a' word is moderated (ends in 's' with an 'n' and 'u' in there)...but bumhole isn't.

Last edited by HammerofThunor on Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:06 am

nathan wrote:Honest rants can happen without including the worst swear word used on Britain - I honestly don't think Castro understands how bad that word isnjere

Meh, a c*nt is a c*nt is a c*nt

I'm a liberal user of that and various other swear words in many settings but then I'm not English either. In Glasgow its practically a term of endearment. You daft c*nt, something you'd call a friend when he's being a bit daft.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:09 am

HammerofThunor wrote:Because of general public perception. That's all that makes any word 'bad' or 'good'.

SecretFly wrote:bumhole = Rectum - insult inference:  I guess it's a case of everyone has one but most people pretend they don't.

Can't say that I've seen someone pretend that but can only imagine it goes spectacularly mess.  Also bumhole =/= rectum. bum, isn't it?

See!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I can't even make a valid argument because the 'thought police censorship software' kicks in and kills it stone dead!  For F**Ks Sake!!!!

Em, (having calmed down slightly) I looked over my post to make sure it would all get through the censors net because it wasn't going to make much sense otherwise - but I overlooked the Bastardin' "bumhole"!!! - which of course I meant to type as A-r-se-h**ole Whistle

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:14 am

Notch wrote:
nathan wrote:Honest rants can happen without including the worst swear word used on Britain - I honestly don't think Castro understands how bad that word isnjere

I'm a liberal user of that and various other swear words in many settings but then I'm not English either. In Glasgow its practically a term of endearment. You daft c*nt, something you'd call a friend when he's being a bit daft.

Now you've hit the nail on the head!  I was trying to come around to that but thought it might appear insensitive.  

But really, I do think that certain English people in certain areas of England would be absolutely shocked and offended by some of the Common usage words that goes for ordinary converstion in my neck of the woods.
I'm always a little amused at the idea of swearing being offensive in certain areas of England and indeed America.  Here there are so many ways to swear - and yes, actual and genuine signs of love, respect and endearmant are emphasised by suitable swear words at suitable times - it's quite hard for me to pretend offence at 'offensive' language.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:22 am

SecretFly wrote:
Notch wrote:

Now you've hit the nail on the head!  I was trying to come around to that but thought it might appear insensitive.  

But really, I do think that certain English people in certain areas of England would be absolutely shocked and offended by some of the Common usage words that goes for ordinary converstion in my neck of the woods.
I'm always a little amused at the idea of swearing being offensive in certain areas of England and indeed America.  Here there are so many ways to swear - and yes, actual and genuine signs of love, respect and endearmant are emphasised by suitable swear words at suitable times - it's quite hard for me to pretend offence at 'offensive' language.

Different language offends different people, i'm sure rugby folk are probably used to it more than others.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:22 am

We all use bad language, fook I use it all the time, how many people on here stick their two fingers up at people when they are being wound up ? Where I come from, a wind up is part of the norm, and unless you get people swearing and spitting feathers it's not a good wind up, in the club, whilst having a pint at the bar, every other word is a curse, I think it all depends on how you were brought up socialy, I am from the valleys, a very poor part of the UK, and bad language whilst not overly accepted, will not be frowned upon either when talking in conversation.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:25 am

LordDowlais wrote:We all use bad language, fook I use it all the time, how many people on here stick their two fingers up at people when they are being wound up ? Where I come from, a wind up is part of the norm, and unless you get people swearing and spitting feathers it's not a good wind up, in the club, whilst having a pint at the bar, every other word is a curse, I think it all depends on how you were brought up socialy, I am from the valleys, a very poor part of the UK, and bad language whilst not overly accepted, will not be frowned upon either when talking in conversation.

i think it also depends on where you work etc, for instance a car garage would have more swearing than say a post office.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:28 am

nathan wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:We all use bad language, fook I use it all the time, how many people on here stick their two fingers up at people when they are being wound up ? Where I come from, a wind up is part of the norm, and unless you get people swearing and spitting feathers it's not a good wind up, in the club, whilst having a pint at the bar, every other word is a curse, I think it all depends on how you were brought up socialy, I am from the valleys, a very poor part of the UK, and bad language whilst not overly accepted, will not be frowned upon either when talking in conversation.

i think it also depends on where you work etc, for instance a car garage would have more swearing than say a post office.

Yep, thats the gist of it, although, and this is the truth, if any ladies are present, we hold our tongues, and if somebody slips up, then they are told about it, I do not know why, it's just the way we all are, but between men, it is anything you like, in a verbal sense. Laugh

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:32 am

It's not really like that around here, you don't really hear many swear words (certainly don't at work as I work in primary schools).

A lot of folks do find the c word very offensive though and it's rare I hear it.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:45 am

nathan wrote:It's not really like that around here, you don't really hear many swear words (certainly don't at work as I work in primary schools).

A lot of folks do find the c word very offensive though and it's rare I hear it.

Appreciate that, nathan.  Those are the differences I'm refering to.  Builders, Bankers, Professors and Pickpockets, they all use fruity language around here when appropriate.  It's the nuances of the sounds that dictate if the guy who calls you a 'c**tin' bastard' needs a thump or a pat on the back and a beer Wink
I guess it's all about the instincts of nuance.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:47 am

The Afrikaaans version of the C word is much more expressive, but then most swear words in Afrikaans will scare the living Sh.t out of you.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:05 am

Biltong wrote:The Afrikaaans version of the C word is much more expressive, but then most swear words in Afrikaans will scare the living Sh.t out of you.

Look, Bilt, Klingon (based on Afrikaans I think) already is scary enough without the swearing.  Now na' Devvo' ylghoS!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Dec 10, 2014 4:14 am

We almost all swear sometimes. But overuse is lazy and usually a sign that the user has nothing important to say.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:21 am

SecretFly wrote:
Biltong wrote:The Afrikaaans version of the C word is much more expressive, but then most swear words in Afrikaans will scare the living Sh.t out of you.

Look, Bilt, Klingon (based on Afrikaans I think) already is scary enough without the swearing.  Now na' Devvo' ylghoS!

Laugh

Yes, and then there is that stealy look in the eyes of the Afrikaners. Wink
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:35 am

And then you've got Bakkies Botha going on about Mike Phillips' lovely blue eyes... a terrifying language for a terrifying people Wink
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:40 am

I think Bakkies wanted to devour Philips, but he is a sucker for those pretty blue eyes Laugh
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:58 am

Hmmm, Castro arrive at Tigers many years ago. He learnt and improved his trade there. He learnt english there also. The fella is a passionate guy who clearly was emotionally wound up by the mind games put on him by those who were his friends for many years. Rugby is a business (in the PRL anyway) and a contract had to be fulfilled or bought out. Tigers might consider themselves lucky that he did buy out his contract rather than stay on the bench for a season disgruntled and sucking the positivity out of the squad.

If Del Boy mouthed off in reaction to abuse sent his way it is one thing. If he directed any of that alleged language towards kids then throw the book at him.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by broadlandboy Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:19 am

Rugby became a business before it turned Pro but more so after. The Unions are the biggest businesses in Rugby.

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pot Hale Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:32 am

Sounds like the perfect antidote to Dale Carnegie's 'How To Win friends and influence people." Not sure if it'll sell 15 million copies though....

Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:25 pm

Toulon have suspended Castro.

For 3 days.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Wed Dec 10, 2014 7:57 pm

To be fair, and this doesn't condone Castro's use of foul language nor is it specific to him, if you were a professional at Toulon, where by all accounts there is a great team spirit and atmosphere and they have had much success, would the endless sniping, implying the club has bought its titles and the players are mercenaries, from certain professional coaches etc with no opportunity to defend themselves and the club not get grating? It may be that the sniping rings true for many of us but I'm sure Toulon's players don't see it like that
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed Dec 10, 2014 8:54 pm

Of course they don't see it like that. None of them moved for the money.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:48 pm

LondonTiger wrote:Toulon have suspended Castro.

For 3 days.

He'll be happy. Three less days on the bench.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:34 am

"I was very surprised by Martin's behaviour," said Boudjellal.

"This is not the boy I know. It was clear that he was disappointed, but he used bad language. I did not expect that.

"We are sending Leicester and Richard Cockerill a letter of apology and I will be meeting the player with Bernard Laporte [the Toulon head coach] to decide whether to take any action. Some form of sanction cannot be ruled out."

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:43 am

nathan wrote:"I was very surprised by Martin's behaviour," said Boudjellal.

"This is not the boy I know. It was clear that he was disappointed, but he used bad language. I did not expect that.

"We are sending Leicester and Richard Cockerill a letter of apology and I will be meeting the player with Bernard Laporte [the Toulon head coach] to decide whether to take any action. Some form of sanction cannot be ruled out."

Looks like he might be demoted from the bench.  Poor Castro, from pan to fire to furnace.  He'll have one English word seared into his brain by the end.  The word he should never have used...... Bench.

Meanwhile the letter of apology...from of all people, Coupjellal!!! :  Listen here Cockface!,  I hear that one of my basteauds said some bad f**king words in public about you.  Now, fair is fair, they were all probably true but that's no c***ing excuse for one of my fatlads to step out of line.  I do the insults and sneering in this team!  So I hope you accept my affected apology and if you feel compelled not to...then f**King F*&^ right off, you snivelling W&^%$er!!!!  Signed B with love"

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:09 pm

If any ones interested this little beaut is out for Xmas http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/love-me-or-hate-me-t-shirt.html

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:16 pm

According to Cockerill Castro paid £79k (100k euros) and he was reimbursed by Toulon

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/30414826

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:29 pm

yappysnap wrote:If any ones interested this little beaut is out for Xmas http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/love-me-or-hate-me-t-shirt.html

£17.99 for a T-Shirt!!!!!!!

Also the no eyes and nose thing is a bit freaky.

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:31 pm

Welly wrote:
yappysnap wrote:If any ones interested this little beaut is out for Xmas http://www.shotdeadinthehead.com/love-me-or-hate-me-t-shirt.html

God Welly..., that's to avoid the Castro legal action........................ and, to be able to place your own face in the middle Wink

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:34 pm

SecretFly wrote:
Welly wrote:

God Welly..., that's to avoid the Castro legal action........................ and, to be able to place your own face in the middle Wink

Well I know what to get Cockers then, he would look good with Castro hair and facial hair.

Wink

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by Welly Thu Dec 11, 2014 11:37 pm

Also loving Flood's reaction to this.

https://twitter.com/tobyflood/status/542725939344711680

Welly

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:32 am

Castro pleaded guilty with punishment as follows:

EPCR Website wrote:Castrogiovanni was ordered to pay €10,000 to a charity in the city of Leicester and was banned for four matches with the ban suspended until 30 April 2016. The ban will be activated in the event of any off-field misconduct complaint being successfully brought against him. He was also ordered to pay costs.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Thu Dec 18, 2014 5:14 am

Lol, bet he's annoyed that he's now paid a total of 110,000 euros

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:39 am

Delon banned for 12 weeks.

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbychampionscup/news/29893.php#.VJH3WCusWSo

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

C'mon Tigger, let's keep it in one place - https://www.606v2.com/t56925-delon-armitage-banned-for-12-weeks
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:43 pm

Didn't the ruling on Delon admit that he was provoked.  No, they didn't say that justified his comments, whatever they were, but I guess if it's a public stadium and a player playing in public is held responsible for bringing the game into disrepute/ acting in a way deduced as misconduct, then maybe the guys who were allegedly provoking him in a public space should also get a ban?

Asswhole fans (and I'm not categorising any particular fan base!!!) - but these smarmy opinionated, loud mouth fans that I guess every team has to some degree at some percentage level... they get life too easy methinks.  If you can't help yourself taunting a player then you should face a few bans yourself.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next