The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITV have big time boxing

+17
ShahenshahG
hazharrison
TopHat24/7
Herman Jaeger
AdamT
3fingers
Strongback
ONETWOFOREVER
Seanusarrilius
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Coxy001
milkyboy
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
jimdig
RatBoy66
TRUSSMAN66
hampo17
21 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

ITV have big time boxing Empty ITV have big time boxing

Post by hampo17 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 12:55

Carl Framptons first title defence will be shown live on ITV, great to have another terrestrial channel getting involved.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

ITV have big time boxing Empty Re: ITV have big time boxing

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:03

Excellent news Hampo............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RatBoy66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:05

Good for boxing and good for Frampton.

RatBoy66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:06

His last fight was on Boxnation...........Another blow for Warren after the Fury-Chisora shambles..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:11

Great news for fans, great news for frampton. He'll be a household name.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:11

let's just hope Adrian Chiles isn't presenting it

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:12

McGuigan probably putting his own cash on the line to get this on ITV. Hopefully they pull off big numbers. Get Quigg in attendance and have them both going at eachother a bit for the millions watching. Build up that fight and get that on terrestrial as well
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:16

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:McGuigan probably putting his own cash on the line to get this on ITV. Hopefully they pull off big numbers. Get Quigg in attendance and have them both going at eachother a bit for the millions watching. Build up that fight and get that on terrestrial as well

Let's just hope ITV market him probably.........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:19

Mcguigan and frampton very diplomatically thanked boxnation for their past support after the martinez fight. It was clear they were moving on, but trying not to burn their bridges.

This is great news... shame its his mandatory and not a more exciting fight. I guess they're out to try and repeat what mcguigan fights did on terrestrial tv in the 80's.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:32

Who will commentate? As long as Watt/Halling are contracted to Sky (they're not freelance) then it merely makes this more appealing.

Problem is as soon as he fights a big marquee name he won't be on terrestrial. Not that I'm overly fussed from a personal point of view as I have Sky. From the sport growing I am overly concerned as too many up 'n comers are on Sky and the exposure just isn't there.

With some of the utter tripe BBC/ITV come out with they could bin the millions it costs each episode to make those utter piles of turd and get big time boxing back on there. Superbowl isn't on PPV because they sell adverts for a stupid amount of money per second.... 10,000,000 viewesrs = wouldn't you be able to charge a massive premium? From experience ITV is around 100k for a 30 second slot for X-Factor, and fail to see what the point is of advertising to scum of society who can't afford the product being advertised.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:34

Coxy001 wrote:Who will commentate? As long as Watt/Halling are contracted to Sky (they're not freelance) then it merely makes this more appealing.

Problem is as soon as he fights a big marquee name he won't be on terrestrial. Not that I'm overly fussed from a personal point of view as I have Sky. From the sport growing I am overly concerned as too many up 'n comers are on Sky and the exposure just isn't there.

With some of the utter tripe BBC/ITV come out with they could bin the millions it costs each episode to make those utter piles of turd and get big time boxing back on there. Superbowl isn't on PPV because they sell adverts for a stupid amount of money per second.... 10,000,000 viewesrs = wouldn't you be able to charge a massive premium? From experience ITV is around 100k for a 30 second slot for X-Factor, and fail to see what the point is of advertising to scum of society who can't afford the product being advertised.

Strike a deal with Wonga.com or CashConverters to advertise in between rounds and t' job's a good 'un

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:38

So boxing is back on ITV and on NBC over in America, this can only be good for boxing but have to keep the quality up and not fade away with pointless matches a bit like channel 5

Good news for boxing

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:39

Coxy001 wrote:Who will commentate? As long as Watt/Halling are contracted to Sky (they're not freelance) then it merely makes this more appealing.

Superbantamweights don't earn big money..........If ITV can afford Benn-Eubank 2 which will be bigger than anything this guy will ever be in at 122...........Then I'm sure they can afford decent money for this kid..........IF he proves popular..........

He's blue collar..........He's exciting..........He's white like Hatton..... (I know it shouldn't be an issue!!)He's a World champion and he's got bags of talent!!... and he's Irish and they are always popular..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 13:40

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Superbantamweights don't earn big money..........If ITV can afford Benn-Eubank 2 which will be bigger than anything this guy will ever be in at 122...........Then I'm sure they can afford decent money for this kid..........IF he proves popular..........

He's blue collar..........He's exciting..........He's white like Hatton..... (I know it shouldn't be an issue!!)He's a World champion and he's got bags of talent!!... and he's Irish and they are always popular..
Not with my neighbor they're not...still, as I told him, should have got someone reliable in to do your guttering.

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:10

Fantastic news!!! Frampton is a great fighter to showcase to the masses, given that he is talented, personable and will have a raucous Belfast crowd cheering him on. Will be difficult for Hearn to say that Sky is the biggest platform for Quigg v Frampton.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:17

Seanusarrilius wrote:Fantastic news!!! Frampton is a great fighter to showcase to the masses, given that he is talented, personable and will have a raucous Belfast crowd cheering him on. Will be difficult for Hearn to say that Sky is the biggest platform for Quigg v Frampton.

It's the one that would earn all parties involved the most money in all fairness. PPV money would be pretty grande for that one.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:22

I'm not so sure.............PPV requires either a grudge match or two well known fighters....

Quigg was third on the Clev-Bellew bill........not sure he sells outside the bubble..

It would be PPV but would need a stacked undercard.............

Big fights tend to happen at bigger weights..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:28

Are you suggesting eddie can't rustle up a grudge between frampton and quigg. That's libelous Truss.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:28

Great news

All boxing needs in this country is for that Frampton fight to be a humdinger and these should take off a little like back in the 90's........hopefully.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:33

Fair point re. PPV. Regardless, Old Barry has done a pretty good job with Frampton so far, has to be said. What is Avalos like style wise? Hopefully this will be a very entertaining fight to showcase Frampton's talent

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 14:38

Or worse case scenario he gets KTFO inside a round guys....

I'm not so sure.............PPV requires either a grudge match or two well known fighters

One is Irish. They'll throw money at anything judging by their inability to back anything other than an Irish horse at Cheltenham regardless whether it has a missing leg. Bit like the Welsh with Joe, will always support their own and due to lacking a big stable of Irish fighters they'll probably pile in to it.

That and for most boxing fans here it's a decent fight. Would probably do 200k PPVs, which would raise above what the fighters/promo companies would get back from a terrestrial fight by a fair distance.

Good for the sport that this sort of fight is on terrestrial though, be nice to see the trend change towards building a fan base before putting them on Sky/alternating them to terrestrial when it's a run of the mill fight.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 15:15

Nice one Barry, another one in the eye for Hearn.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 15:17

Coxy001 wrote:Or worse case scenario he gets KTFO inside a round guys....

One is Irish. They'll throw money at anything judging by their inability to back anything other than an Irish horse at Cheltenham regardless whether it has a missing leg.

You would do well backing an Irish horse at Cheltenham giving the Irish win ratio.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 15:21

Strongback wrote:

One is Irish. They'll throw money at anything judging by their inability to back anything other than an Irish horse at Cheltenham regardless whether it has a missing leg.

You would do well backing an Irish horse at Cheltenham giving the Irish win ratio.

Steffan without the charm !!

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 15:46

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Steffan without the charm !!

Just pointed out the obvious. Seems you are always banging on about a lack of national pride but then you get snooty because I imply that Ireland has an exceptional record in breeding and training horses regardless of the size of the country.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:00

Yep

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:03

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yep

Good boy

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 17:14

Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn wrote:McGuigan probably putting his own cash on the line to get this on ITV. Hopefully they pull off big numbers. Get Quigg in attendance and have them both going at eachother a bit for the millions watching. Build up that fight and get that on terrestrial as well

Moving on......

I thought Mcguigan lost most of his cash to Barney Eastwood...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 18:51

urine off you jumped up Kumquat

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 19:20

Hear hear fingers. How insulting to advertising planners... As if they don't know their demographics.Whistle

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 20:40

Don't think Barry is using his own money though Truss. The second Martinez fight happened only because the "government" (haha always makes me laugh calling them bunch of clowns a government) invested the money with Cyclone. Peter Robinson (1st Minister over here) his son works for Cyclone. It was mentioned today that Barry made this happen due to a big sponser of theirs as well. Hope that answers things
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 22:37

How far do any of you think Frampton can go?

Could he be the best p4p fighter in Britain in the next year? If he beats Quigg and Santa Cruz, imo he will be. If he beats Rigondeaux or at the very least is very competitive then that would make him elite.

Carl is an exciting fighter and seems a nice guy.Hope he makes it to the top. If he beats Santa Cruz I can see him being huge in the States.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Tue 27 Jan 2015 - 22:46

Definately think he's the most naturally talented fighter in Britain atm. It depends on what opposition he can get put in against to decide whether he can be p4p number one as Brook is in the deepest division there are a lot of fighters at 140-154 that are all good fighters and beatable whereas Superbantam is less so

Think Rigo is a level above Carl and always will be but Carl has a punchers chance for sure and is good enough to land

Shame Carl isn't an inch or two taller as 126 is a pretty good division at present but think his frame may be just a little bit too small to be the #1 guy at the weigh especially if you size him up against Walters who'd dwarf him

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 1:32

Bet Frampton becomes Irish when he loses. A bit like wee Barry.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 12:49

When he becomes a useless loser....He will yes...

Hopefully..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 12:52

Hearn has said that this move has made a fight between Quigg and Frampton is now further away.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 12:53

hampo171 wrote:Hearn has said that this move has made a fight between Quigg and Frampton is now further away.

Too bad. If Frampton fights the real champs i'm not too bothered, though would love to have seen him do a number on the limited Quigg.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 12:56

Quigg's problem If it has..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:09

hampo171 wrote:Hearn has said that this move has made a fight between Quigg and Frampton is now further away.

If not Quigg then they must be lining Santa Cruz up for a big summer showdown if he fights and beats Mares.

Because who else would there be to fight? Anyone else bar Rigondeaux and it would feel like a damp squib.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:32

Brilliant news and Framps is the best British fighter ITV could hope to re-test these waters with.

Really likeable guy with bags of talent and an exciting style.

Fingers crossed for some half decent under-card fights to. BarryM seems to be handling Carl well and not burning bridges, so might get some fighters from other stables on. Sure the likes of Hearn can see the benefit of getting some hot stars on free to air tele - AJ being the one that springs to mind first.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:35

Herman Jaggery wrote:

If not Quigg then they must be lining Santa Cruz up for a big summer showdown if he fights and beats Mares.

Because who else would there be to fight? Anyone else bar Rigondeaux and it would feel like a damp squib.

Would back Framps against anyone in the division, Rigo excepted, and even then he would have a shot.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:37

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Would back Framps against anyone in the division, Rigo excepted, and even then he would have a shot.

Agree with this

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 13:44

TopHat24/7 wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

I think if he can land on Rigondeaux he can knock him out.

Santa Cruz would be 50/50 imo. Leo's a helluva body puncher.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 15:40

AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Agree with this

Rigo is becoming ancient for a small fighter.......

I really wouldn't rule out a Frampton win If he can force a pace........

People tend to forget that Wlad, Manny, May, Rigo, Cotto and the rest of the golden oldies can get old "Overnight"..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 15:44

Big fan of Frampton, seen him live a few times. Very good fighter.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 15:46

Rigo had one bad round in his last fight and now he's shot???

Talk about agenda driven opinions.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 15:55

Strongback wrote:Rigo had one bad round in his last fight and now he's shot???

Are you referring to me ????

I've always commented on Rigo's age well before his last fight...........You d**k.

Feel free to check..........

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 16:02

16:02:46
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I've always commented on Rigo's age well before his last fight...........You d**k.

Hence I called it agenda driven opinion.

There plenty more to come from Rigo, he's streets ahead.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 16:04

Strongback wrote:16:02:46
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

Hence I called it agenda driven opinion.

There plenty more to come from Rigo, he's streets ahead.

Well it must be agenda driven If you say so..... thumbsup

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 28 Jan 2015 - 16:24

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
AdamT wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:
Herman Jaggery wrote:

Agree with this

Rigo is becoming ancient for a small fighter.......

I really wouldn't rule out a Frampton win If he can force a pace........

People tend to forget that Wlad, Manny, May, Rigo, Cotto and the rest of the golden oldies can get old "Overnight"..

Wouldn't rule Framps out, indeed, but Rigo is a 'agening' fighter that has taken very little punishment due to 3 factors: 1) Majority of his career has been as an amateur with headguards & pillow gloves; 2) he's only had a handfull of pro fights; and 3) he's almost untouchable - arguably the best defensive fighter on the planet.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next