The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When was the last time boxing REALLY...

+6
Fists of Fury
licence_007
The Galveston Giant
Duty281
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
10 posters

Go down

When was the last time boxing REALLY... Empty When was the last time boxing REALLY...

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:09 pm

excited you.You all know what its like on the day of a big fight. All that nervous tension and anticipation building up in you.The preparation and careful planning you set aside before "it" happens. Its all you can think about all day long and finally the time arrives but before that you must endure the tedious pre fight analysis from so called "experts" and ex pros who seem to always get their predictions wrong. Then of course are the under card fights that if you are lucky throw up a couple of crackers but rarely do so making the wait for the big fight that more painful.So after all the foot in mouth pre fight nonsense and the dull, gone the distance under card bouts, the reason you stayed up, the reason for all that pent up tension, the reason you knocked back half a dozen black coffees has finally arrives.

Your hero/idol enters the arena with the famed ring walk. Does it still get you emotional? Now all the talking has stopped, all the promotional bile has ceased and it suddenly dawns on you that its about to happen. You have waited for this moment for months sometimes years but before it can begin more tedium. Those damn national anthems. Why must we endure, in most cases, some third rate wedding singer who NO ONE has heard of MURDER the national pride of the combatants respective countries. For me the excitment of a fight peaks after the ring announcer introduces the 2 fighters, then whatever happens after that happens. Sadly the fight its self can turn out to be a dud but can you guys think of any fight that justified the excitment and nerves before the fight? For me there can be only 1 winner,a fight I saw live Hagler v Hearns. It did'nt last long but it was perfect.

cheers.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

When was the last time boxing REALLY... Empty Re: When was the last time boxing REALLY...

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 pm

The same time as when one of your articles last excited me...

Too... long ago to remember!!! Wink

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

When was the last time boxing REALLY... Empty Re: When was the last time boxing REALLY...

Post by Duty281 Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:26 pm

The last time boxing really excited me was the Hatton-Mayweather bout, shame it didn't live up to (my!) expectations.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by The Galveston Giant Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:15 pm

Lewis vs Tyson for me. Probably cause i was rooting for Mike and knew he didn't have much of a chance, knew his days were numbered and it's a shame to see them retire. Will be the same way when Haye and the Klitschko's go, so i'm going to try and enjoy them while they last.
The Galveston Giant
The Galveston Giant

Back to top Go down

Post by licence_007 Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:54 pm

Hmmm, that is a good question! I might have to go with Oscar vs Manny, although I can't say I was all that excited.

licence_007

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:00 pm

When you mentioned the possible introduction of the spinning backfist.

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:01 pm

That was a classic.. censored

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Fists of Fury Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Trussy...no 12 point scoring system for Haye vs Wlad? Have grown used to you treating us to one of those before a big fight!

Fists of Fury
Admin
Admin

http://bloxhamcricket.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:23 am

i really get into khan's and froch's fights at the moment. went to prizefighter this year and it was my first time at a professional bout, and the atmosphere is amazing, actually hearing the sound of the punchs landing and the crowd buzzing it just makes an average fight a great fight and a great fight an amazing fight.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by coxy0001 Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:02 am

When was the last time i was excited?

Haye vs Wlad has got me massively up for it. Gotta somehow forget it all during Saturday afternoon as being distracted whilst keeping wicket bodes dropped catches a the likelyhood of taking one in the face that much greater. Come the finish of the game my mind will instantly switch to the fight in a few hours time, will be millions of the lads watching and should be a cracking night. Still can't make up my mind either as i think it could be a 'who lands first wins' kinda scenario, yes Wlad can punch but Haye has the edge in speed and ring movement, not to mention he can whack - certainly not a fight i'll be having a huge bet on. Not looked forwards to a fight as much since Hatton vs FMJ.

Khan vs Maidana, excitement levels increased as we had 50 of us (even most of the gfs were up for an all night drinking session) playing 8 way CoD, pizzas, lots of beer and then a cracking fight. Was a big test though "if" Maidana landed and that's what most of us were excited to see, most still aren't convinced as a better finisher would've had him.

Hatton vs Mayweather and Pacquiao. Both massive events.

Etc etc for the obvious ones before.

coxy0001

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:08 am

Manny vs Dorian for me. What with Dorian discovering a means to reverse the ageing process and the fact that you never write of a good fighter and that styles make fights was always going to be a fight of the year contender and boy did it deliver all that and more.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:43 am

I am hugely excited by the Wlad/Haye fight this weekend. I have long been a fan of Haye and really want a champ to have an explosive style rather than Wlad's boring but effective safety first jab-jab-grab technique.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down