The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

+15
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
tunes666
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Scottrf
kingraf
Seanusarrilius
leedizzle1986
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
owen10ozzy
ShahenshahG
Soldier_Of_Fortune
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 3 Empty Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

Warriors Promotions $3.1 million

Matchroom bid $2.105

I think this deserves a........................................... picard

After all the noise Hearn was making about this being at the o2. Haymon definately has something to do with this but am sure Eddie can put his 'DeGale will be fighting for a life changing amount of money' spin on things.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 3 Empty Re: Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:41 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:I had the impression you were both kumquats..

Clearly there's something to the old adage 'first impressions stick' Whistle Hug

And there's the childish petulant rebuttal.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 3 Empty Re: Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:48 pm

Strange as I thought it was everything to do with the Saureland connection that has been made by Matchroom during the contract negotiations between Froch & Kessler.....

And your need to join in with Truss wasn't a childish poke at all was it Soldier.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Sorry pal

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:27 pm

Hearn is full of crap, and relative to his position only doing an average job. He is more media saavy than old school promoters and more comfortable in the social media era. Old school promoters like Arum, King, Warren etc were products of a pre internet age where keeping fans in the dark in the dark and lying through their teeth was par for the course. A fight could stink the house down and they would tell you that you were privellaged at watching a FOTY contender without batting an eye.

Hearn is more subtle and manipulates fans by feeding them the odd truth and half truth here and there. Insinuating he is on the fans level telling it straight, giving them what they want. Its mostly self serving bullsh1t though designed to do what all promoters want - seperating fans from their money.

You would think some people were on his pr team the way they defend his every move though.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:38 pm

I really don't get the hate? As a promoter who looks after his fighters what exactly has he done wrong?

Would you rather the fighters were being paid peanuts or not being paid at all?

From a fan perspective, the last few cards have been bad (although really enjoyed saturday's) and the Bellew/Clev fiasco was a miserable thing for the big boxing fans (It was mentioned a while back that it might have been a success.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Whats all the "looking after his fighters" about? His fighters are his commodoties which he uses to make money.

I dont hate the guy, but there is no denying he is full of sh1t and from a fans perspective he is nothing to write home about.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:46 pm

No worries, to be fair I did put the old hug emoji, had thought that would have signified my comment was tongue in cheek in the first place.

Catchweight - In what way do you think he is doing an average job?

From a fan perspective? What fights do you feel he should have delivered and hasn't?

He put Buckland in with Rees...Froch in with Groves...Coyle is going in with Campbell.....

Arguably the only fighter who he hasn't delivered a big fight for is Quigg...

Most of his young charges are being brought along exactly how others are...carefully with as few risks taken as possible..

He has delivered a fair few dud cards, again no different to any promoter past or present ...and the PPV for Clev vs Bellew was an absolute joke and sham, no excusing that but again it is no more disgusting than the likes of Mayweather and Arum coming out and declaring they have made the fight all the fans wanted before declaring $35,000 ticket prices and PPV prices of $100!

From a fighters perspective I can't see how anyone could argue that he has been anything other than a golden ticket who has delivered for his fighters on just about every front. Yes he has made money off them....but most importantly they have made money off him. In most cases more than they could have ever imagined..take Wazza again....he's made money and done everything he can to ensure fighters don't see it...including declaring bankruptcy on his own business to do so!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:49 pm

I had wrote a big thing but Owen said it much better than me Very Happy

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:57 pm

He has been backed by Sky due to their connections with Matchroom which has given him the platform to control boxing in the UK so what else would you expect? His cards are only average overall given his stable and resources and I dont think any fighters are earning riches anything above what they should be expecting fighting on Sky TV.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:12 pm

So what your saying Catchy is that he's doing a good job and unlike others that could be mentioned is paying his fighters.

Why the hate then?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:15 pm

Does show you what a shady world boxing is when paying your fighters is a massive pro on your pro and cons list.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:16 pm

Does show you what a shady world boxing is when paying your fighters is a massive pro on your pro and cons list.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:20 pm

No Im saying he is doing an average job given the resources at his disposal, is full of sh1t and no I dont hate him.

You would think he was a charity volunteer working tirelessly day and night for boxers welfare. Please. He does what he thinks makes the most the money.

As a boxing fans not particularly concerned with whether Hearn helps his fighters Grannies across the road, his cards are nothing special. I mean no brainer fights like Froch v Groves II or Rees v Buckland is not maverick promoting.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm surprised Strongy didn't bid 4 million for the fight........

I was looking forward to front row seats in the car park of his castle in Dublin..

You mean Daddy-in Law didn't build you a castle?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:23 pm

Hatton v Witter ....Froch vs Calzaghe...

Just two fights that never got made when Warren was head honcho of the UK boxing scene..

Sure there are plenty more domestic ones which didn't happen either. Warren was also the bloke who put Khan straight onto PPV....and even had the audacity to continue it after he was sparked out by Prescott!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:26 pm

Who cares about Warren? He was fairly rubbish when he had his stint on Sky.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 pm

Nobody, we're all on the Hearn bandwagon now whoop whoop.

Course he does what's gonna make him money, he's a businessman, not a saint. But whilst doing that it looks like he's looking after his boxers which considering whats happened in recent years is a plus point.

Needs to scale back the ppv's though (but that's as a fan)

Just watching Big Star, little star and Carl Froch's little lad Rocco has just said his Dad's scared of Groves ha ha, poor geezer.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:12 pm

The guy sells strawberries on the streets of hull. That's working tirelessly. That's dedication. Juicy strawberries too I believe.

He engages with fans on social media. He does cozy hip interviews with his mate kugy. He even swears occasionally so we know he's a man of the people. Really, what's not to like?

Ok so he fills his cards with one sided match ups but who doesn't. And he's learnt from his dad how to wring every last marketing drop from a domestic 'rivalry'. And he's backtracked a bit on ppv. But hey he's a promoter and he needs to be a pragmatist.

The acid test for him is how well he judges the mood of the people. Most true fans were appalled by cleverley bellew, before it stank never mind afterwards,  but was the casual fan? How far can he push his luck?

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:01 pm

Eddie is mediocre, he has every advantage and a long time promoter for a father pulling his strings. Eddie would be nowhere without the silver spoon. His matchmaking is crap. Look at all the fights he has stopped happening by being antagonistic to other fighters/promoters.

Basically he is a very lucky man by birthright.

Ozzy can't can't complain about my views on Hearn as his are are so partisan they are worse.

The problem with Ozzy is his massive ego. He isn't 10% as smart as he thinks he is.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Yet that's still 100 percent smarter than you Wink

Which fights has he stopped from happening and which fighters is he paying peanuts too?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:09 pm

Strongback wrote:Eddie is mediocre, he has every advantage and a long time promoter for a father pulling his strings.  Eddie would be nowhere without the silver spoon.  His matchmaking is crap. Look at all the fights he has stopped happening by being antagonistic to other fighters/promoters.  

Ozzy can't can't complain about my views on Hearn as his are are so partisan they are worse.

The problem with Ozzy is his massive ego.  He isn't 10% as smart as he thinks he is.  

Which fights has he stopped happening? Quigg vs Frampton at best....

My views are nowhere near as bad as yours strongy; I can pick out numerous posts in my history where I have slated him and can point to a fair few choice words I've said on the podcast about him. Your however spout the same nonsense time and again...even when it has nothing to do with the bloke you spin him into the discussion somehow.

And as for you and your problems...they'd be best discussed with a shrink such is the warped and fantasy filled world you live in..

*await's response stating he is a psychiatrist and that's how he made his fortunes and he now owns a global empire of private practices *

To be honest with you, im not one to advocate or even propose people be banned from this board, but this place would be a billion times better if you kept off it!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:41 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Yet that's still 100 percent smarter than you Wink

Which fights has he stopped from happening and which fighters is he paying peanuts too?

Keep stalking me bird brain.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:47 pm

owen10ozzy wrote:
Strongback wrote:Eddie is mediocre, he has every advantage and a long time promoter for a father pulling his strings.  Eddie would be nowhere without the silver spoon.  His matchmaking is crap. Look at all the fights he has stopped happening by being antagonistic to other fighters/promoters.  

The problem with Ozzy is his massive ego.  He isn't 10% as smart as he thinks he is.  

Which fights has he stopped happening? Quigg vs Frampton at best....

My views are nowhere near as bad as yours strongy; I can pick out numerous posts in my history where I have slated him and can point to a fair few choice words I've said on the podcast about him. Your however spout the same nonsense time and again...even when it has nothing to do with the bloke you spin him into the discussion somehow.

And as for you and your problems...they'd be best discussed with a shrink such is the warped and fantasy filled world you live in..

*await's response stating he is a psychiatrist and that's how he made his fortunes and he now owns a global empire of private practices *

To be honest with you, im not one to advocate or even propose people be banned from this board, but this place would be a billion times better if you kept off it!

You telling me to stay off the board is rich. You've hardly been on the boxing board in months and now there's a big fight on you're back giving it the billy big banana. You're nothing but a sunshine boy who knows f'all about boxing or football for that matter.

It's also laughable that you talk about shrinks as you are certainly one of the least self aware people I've ever seen on an Internet forum.

You've been up the Hearn's asses since day one. You probably have some admin job at Sky.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:54 pm

I've stayed off the board because it went into a slow decline...oddly enough just as your daily posts number began to increase..

Admin job....no no that's far to small a role for someone like me. I'm senior vice president...it was actually my decision to put Clev vs Bellew on PPV just to urine on your parade and send that delusional hearn obsessed brain of yours into overdrive..!

I am the dark lord himself and Hearn is merely my puppet!

As for football, you may not agree with my opinion on things; which is what I write on here, but as far as knowledge goes...id be very much confident in saying I've forgotten more than you ever know when it comes to that sport good boy!

Now do us all a favour and p*ss back to your palace of luxury and concentrate on that global empire of yours!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 8:10 am

Watch it Owen, now he's said your working for Sky, it's only one more step before he tells you he's hand enough of your crap and to watch yourself.

I have to check both ways down the street every time I go out.

Put your name back to Mr Hearn Strongy, at least that illicited a smile from people. Your inane ramblings and self delusion go over as well as Floyd Mayweather at a Manny Super fans convention.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Did anyone else see Degale's interview on Sky yesterday? he looked really confident and came across really well. I do wish they'd stop asking people to talk to their opponent through the camera, it comes across (to me) as really fake and uncomfortable.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:10 am

Derbymanc wrote:Watch it Owen, now he's said your working for Sky, it's only one more step before he tells you he's hand enough of your crap and to watch yourself.

Put your name back to Mr Hearn Strongy, at least that illicited a smile from people. Your inane ramblings and self delusion go over as well as Floyd Mayweather at a Manny Super fans convention.

Did anyone else see Degale's interview on Sky yesterday? he looked really confident and came across really well. I do wish they'd stop asking people to talk to their opponent through the camera, it comes across (to me) as really fake and uncomfortable.

Do you have anything going on in your life? You're never off the site responding to every morsel I type.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 am

Strongback wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Watch it Owen, now he's said your working for Sky, it's only one more step before he tells you he's hand enough of your crap and to watch yourself.

Do you have anything going on in your life?   You're never off the site responding to every morsel I type.

Strongy is right Derby..... Why do you waste your time arguing with an idiot ??

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:12 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:24 am

owen10ozzy wrote:I've stayed off the board because it went into a slow decline...oddly enough just as your daily posts number began to increase..

Admin job....no no that's far to small a role for someone like me. I'm senior vice president...it was actually my decision to put Clev vs Bellew on PPV just to urine on your parade and send that delusional hearn obsessed brain of yours into overdrive..!

As for football, you may not agree with my opinion on things; which is what I write on here, but as far as knowledge goes...id be very much confident in saying I've forgotten more than you ever know when it comes to that sport good boy!

Now do us all a favour and p*ss back to your palace of luxury and concentrate on that global empire of yours!

Like it or not my posts generate debate. Somebody has to counter your fawning of the Hearn's.

It was actually Eddie's decision to funnel his nonsense through puppets like yourself. You are a conduit of gobshitery.

Everybody knows Adam Booth is the Dark Lord, you have never demonstrated his intelligence although you do process the same level of smugness.

You have no idea what I know about football as I don't post about it on fan forums. I have on the other hand read some of the guff you produce. Your insight is up there with the kid who plays like a headless chicken with two left feet.

Do us a favour and stick to Hearn's Twitter page and selling Sky Sports packages in a call centre.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

Who's arguing Wink I'm just making points

As for time, being a super dooper multi billionaire super hero I have bags of time.....................wait we're telling the truth.

Nope got nothing going on during the day except tidying up, food prep, looking after the dogs and revision so in between that I get to sit and chat so you'll have to keep putting up with me unfortunately (for you)

Plus for some reason cowpat facts really get on my nerves, there's enough info around to point fingers rather than blatantly making stuff up.

Last edited by Derbymanc on Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Do you have anything going on in your life?   You're never off the site responding to every morsel I type.

Bit ironic that statement. You've had more arguments than anybody and you're an idiot.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:29 am

Derbymanc wrote:Who's arguing Wink I'm just making points

As for time, being a super dooper multi billionaire super hero I have bags of time.....................wait we're telling the truth.

Nope got nothing going on during the day except tidying up, food prep, looking after the dogs and revision so in between that I get to sit and chat so you'll have to keep putting up with me unfortunately (for you)

I'd say you're a dab hand at the hoovering alright.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:29 am

Derbymanc wrote:Who's arguing Wink I'm just making points

I'd say you're a dab hand at the hoovering alright.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:35 am

You know it Strongy, you ever need some tips then let me know.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:39 am

Derbymanc wrote:You know it Strongy, you ever need some tips then let me know.

Haven't picked up a Hoover since I got married. If I ever get divorced you will be the first man I'll call.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:40 am

Strongback wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Strongback wrote:

Bit ironic that statement.  You've had more arguments than anybody and you're an idiot.

When have I ever said I'm not an idiot ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:41 am

Strongback wrote:
owen10ozzy wrote:I've stayed off the board because it went into a slow decline...oddly enough just as your daily posts number began to increase..

Like it or not my posts generate debate.  Somebody has to counter your fawning of the Hearn's.

It was actually Eddie's decision to funnel his nonsense through puppets like yourself. You are a conduit of gobshitery.

Everybody knows Adam Booth is the Dark Lord, you have never demonstrated his intelligence although you do process the same level of smugness.

You have no idea what I know about football as I don't post about it on fan forums.  I have on the other hand read some of the guff you produce.  Your insight is up there with the kid who plays like a headless chicken with two left feet.

Do us a favour and stick to Hearn's Twitter page and selling Sky Sports packages in a call centre.

laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing laughing Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Whistle Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Hilarity of the finest order, thanks for providing me with my first bit of amusement today!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 am

Play nicely children, his royal highness is going to have another hissy fit soon.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:43 am

Strongy is teaching us an important lesson...

Great wealth can make you become very boring !!!..............

So remember guys less can be more....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:47 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Strongy is teaching us an important lesson...

Great wealth can make you become very boring !!!..............

So remember guys less can be more....

Keep trying and some day you could be boring or more likely your pops in law might leave you a few quid.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3