The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

+15
Herman Jaeger
wheelchair1991
tunes666
catchweight
Hammersmith harrier
Strongback
Scottrf
kingraf
Seanusarrilius
leedizzle1986
TRUSSMAN66
milkyboy
owen10ozzy
ShahenshahG
Soldier_Of_Fortune
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 2 Empty Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:45 am

First topic message reminder :

Warriors Promotions $3.1 million

Matchroom bid $2.105

I think this deserves a........................................... picard

After all the noise Hearn was making about this being at the o2. Haymon definately has something to do with this but am sure Eddie can put his 'DeGale will be fighting for a life changing amount of money' spin on things.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 2 Empty Re: Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Re Hearn, don't think he's too bothered by Frampton, there didn't seem to be (and I haven't heard) of any mud slinging at the time, nor to this day

Take it would don't watch his iFilm interviews then....... Laugh

One of the reason's why team Frampton stay well clear of KUGS.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid. - Page 2 Empty Re: Warrior Promotions (who?) Wins DeGale v Dirrell purse bid.

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:That's what I thought but was thinking how if the 3mil just covers the fighters and promoters then I can't see it making that much money at all and might be Haymons way of saying 'yup, i can get whatever i want'.

Also does anyone know if it's like an auction type bidding process (Eddie offers a million, they go back to Warrior etc) Or if you get one chance to bid.
One bid each, I'm fairly sure. It's also net of taxes and they are responsible for minimal expenses of key staff basically for while the fight is on. As the title is vacant, they will split 50/50.

Mo expert on this, but I don't think each body has identical rules, as Scott says I think the sealed bid element and purse split is constant. The huge discrepancy between the two bids confirms this. Vacant title 50:50, otherwise 75:25 split for champion is std too I think.

The bidders basically need to know what the tv rights are worth, the p&l likelihood from the venue/tickets, other expenses etc and trim their bid accordingly. Clearly that risk is a lot easier to manage if you have an existing network deal and/or a trustworthy relationship with a network.

Maybe haymon/warrior bid high because they have dates to fill as part of his new tv deal or maybe it still made sense on a one off basis. Seems high to me if the latter is the case, but I have no knowledge of the workings of the deals. Just supposition on my part.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:18 pm

Minor point but 60/40 champion/challenger for WBA as per their rules.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Scottrf wrote:Minor point but 60/40 champion/challenger for WBA as per their rules.

If Mayweather or Manny were waiving a $2million sanction fee at them...........I bet that 60/40 would soon change....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:20 pm

Cheers fellas, makes it a little bit easier to understand it all.

No SOF don't tend to watch Youtube stuff so no idea what Hearn said about Frampton moving other than what I posted above.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:22 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:Minor point but 60/40 champion/challenger for WBA as per their rules.

If Mayweather or Manny were waiving a $2million sanction fee at them...........I bet that 60/40 would soon change....
I don't think it would be a mandated fight going to purse bids. But point taken.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:34 pm

My bad, I should do some research before posting. Quite a variation.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:37 pm

Derbymanc wrote:Cheers fellas, makes it a little bit easier to understand it all.

No SOF don't tend to watch Youtube stuff so no idea what Hearn said about Frampton moving other than what I posted above.

Thought as much thumbsup  

Some of the earlier interviews when Quigg became 'regular' champ where along the likes of 'Frampton can wait, we got the title' if he wants the fight, its on our terms....'

Since Frampton picked up an ACTUAL title and has been selling out arenas, he's changed has tune dramatically.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:48 pm

That's normal though SOF, do you expect him to start stating that someone else's fighter was much better and that he's not taking the fight cause he could get beat???

(I'd much prefer it if the promoters did do this mind Smile)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:00 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Cheers fellas, makes it a little bit easier to understand it all.

Thought as much thumbsup  

Some of the earlier interviews when Quigg became 'regular' champ where along the likes of 'Frampton can wait, we got the title' if he wants the fight, its on our terms....'

Since Frampton picked up an ACTUAL title and has been selling out arenas, he's changed has tune dramatically.

Shouldn't Quigg be doing a Hatton/Warren and saying I want Frampton go and do it !....... Instead of going with the flow all the time.........

He's not stupid (well maybe a bit) He knows his rep is taking a hit.......He seems to believe in himself..

It's a make-able fight.............I'll be surprised if Mcguigan sees anything that can't be dealt with in the ring by his charge......and It's a fight I'd pay for regardless of undercard !!......

Good pay for both............and plenty of alphabets available for the loser..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:00 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:19 pm

Derbymanc wrote:That's normal though SOF, do you expect him to start stating that someone else's fighter was much better and that he's not taking the fight cause he could get beat???

(I'd much prefer it if the promoters did do this mind Smile)

Haha true............he has got a bit full of him self and has taken some of his insults to far.

I was made up Al Haymon put him in his place. He was probably reading some his quotes were he declares he's 100% confident in this fight happenening in the UK, Roc Nation wont have enough money to compete with him, Dirrell won't have a choice he will have to fight in the UK then...........BOOM, Al blows him out of the water (abeit under another propmotional banner). Probably as statement more then a profit earning venture

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:27 pm

think that's probably the best explanation for the big bid they give. To let the big fish in the UK know he's still a small one in the US

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:38 pm

And just to p|ss on his chips.....sell the rights to Boxnation.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:09 am

Haymon won't burn his bridges with Hearn by doing something that stupid SoF.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:41 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Haymon won't burn his bridges with Hearn by doing something that stupid SoF.

Hahahahah.........like the dark lord of boxing gives one about Hearn.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:55 am

Having burnt bridges with Top Rank and Golden Boy, Haymon in his infinite wisdom has now decided to alienate every single overseas promoter for absolutely no gain. That's a likely story that is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:58 am

Haymon must have seen Burns - Beltran..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:09 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Having burnt bridges with Top Rank and Golden Boy, Haymon in his infinite wisdom has now decided to alienate every single overseas promoter for absolutely no gain. That's a likely story that is.

So he can burn bridges with the big wigs on his side of the pond but not with Fast Car? Have you seen what happened with the purse bids yesterday? That was a statement.

If Boxnation offer more money then Matchroom, do you not think he would go with the better offer?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:12 am

Why would Hearn bid 3 million for Dirrell - Degale ............Way overpriced as it is...

Cheap statements mean nothing............If it was a statement..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:14 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why would Hearn bid 3 million for Dirrell - Degale ............Way overpriced as it is...

Am talking am Haymon making a statement not Hearn.

Funny thing is that was probably Hearn trying to make a statement.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:22 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Why would Hearn bid 3 million for Dirrell - Degale ............Way overpriced as it is...

I don't see the big deal Soldier ??.....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:26 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I don't see the big deal Soldier ??.....

You would have to read and seen a few of Hearns interviews in the lead up, he was adament he was going to win the purse bid, selected a date and location (not officially), was suggesting Haymon liked the idea of the fight being in the UK, talking in his interviews that Roc Nation wouldn't even have the money to compete with him if it did go to purse bid and then.....................gets his eye wiped.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:41 am

Mr Hearn wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Definitely sounds more likely Shah Wink

Eddie Hearn is THE man in Britain at the moment Strongy, more successful than you'll ever be, you won't be happy until you

Frank Warren would have spent a few quid to get DeGale home advantage. Eddie doesn't care.  

Don't complain if Chunky gets a raw deal from the judges.

Frank Warren would have said he'd spend the extra few quid to get him home advantage and then never paid up;

I also don't see how this is Hearn getting his 'eye wiped'....his fighter gets a higher pay day and Matchroom don't have to stump up advertising costs, promotional costs, network fees (if any involved), arena costs etc etc.

I remember the fury when he failed to get the Brook fight over here, seems that one didn't turn out all so badly.

And no I don't think he would go with the better offer; not if he has read anything about Warrens past financial dealings and not if he wants to build a rapport and business connection with the UK Boxing scene which has been stated on many occassions...because lets face it Warren has a pig farm in comparison to the horses stable Eddie has.

I'd hazard a guess that Haymon's statement of intent (assuming it is him...after all that's all pure conjecture at the moment) was more to do with signalling his intention to become a major player stateside than 'getting one over on Hearn'..

As for you Strongy; the way you harp on about your business dealings I'm surprised you even have time to come to a forum...let alone come on as regular as you do and spite the absolute tripe that you do.

On second thoughts; your no doubt lapping it up in the bahamas on your own private beach with time to burn whilst your lackeys look after your business dealings for you.

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:14 am

owen10ozzy wrote:
Mr Hearn wrote:
Derbymanc wrote:Definitely sounds more likely Shah Wink

Eddie Hearn is THE man in Britain at the moment Strongy, more successful than you'll ever be, you won't be happy until you

Frank Warren would have spent a few quid to get DeGale home advantage. Eddie doesn't care.  

Don't complain if Chunky gets a raw deal from the judges.

Frank Warren would have said he'd spend the extra few quid to get him home advantage and then never paid up;

I also don't see how this is Hearn getting his 'eye wiped'....his fighter gets a higher pay day and Matchroom don't have to stump up advertising costs, promotional costs, network fees (if any involved), arena costs etc etc.

I remember the fury when he failed to get the Brook fight over here, seems that one didn't turn out all so badly.

And no I don't think he would go with the better offer; not if he has read anything about Warrens past financial dealings and not if he wants to build a rapport and business connection with the UK Boxing scene which has been stated on many occassions...because lets face it Warren has a pig farm in comparison to the horses stable Eddie has.

I'd hazard a guess that Haymon's statement of intent (assuming it is him...after all that's all pure conjecture at the moment) was more to do with signalling his intention to become a major player stateside than 'getting one over on Hearn'..

As for you Strongy; the way you harp on about your business dealings I'm surprised you even have time to come to a forum...let alone come on as regular as you do and spite the absolute tripe that you do.

On second thoughts; your no doubt lapping it up in the bahamas on your own private beach with time to burn whilst your lackeys look after your business dealings for you.

You got a problem with Wazza? You seem to think the Eddie Hearn gives a sh|t about his fighters. Do you honestly think he will let Quigg fight Frampton if its on ITV?

Also on vine is that DeGale is only with Matchroom on a fight by fight basis. If thats true, he wont even get a cut of DeGales purse if he decides to go on his own (but that would only burn bridges and DeGale would be silly doing that).

Eddie is not as underhanded as Wazza thats a given, but he's also not the promotional shining beacon of brilliance in cess pool of promotion world. He likes to tell everyone what they want to here, he condradicts himself alot.....even in the same interview. His cards have been woeful recently and look likes he's head towards every major fight will be a PPV.

Eddie is only concerned about his Sky commitments.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:43 am

I don't think he is a promotional shining beacon of brilliance, and I haven't ever stated such a thing. I just don't think he is the devil himself which a fair few on here seem to think he is...conveniently forgetting about the other promoters worldwide who have been far more underhanded than him.

As for giving two hoots about his fighters...it depends on your definition of that...whilst he can be accused of feeding some of them abroad to people they didn't belong in the ring with...he did so whilst securing paydays some of them could only ever dream of and lest we forget would have done so with the blessing of said fighters...

Lets put it like this; I've yet to hear a fighter who is or indeed has been with Hearn, come out and say they haven't even been paid. Which puts him in far better standing than most in my eyes!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:46 am

Mind The winning bid for this fight is absurd , I'd pay 3 million not to watch it.

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:49 am

Hearn is a manipulative cretin all for himself guy like Arum, King, Warren and the rest of them.. What annoys me is he pretends to be the boxers best mate , I don't think Tommy Coyle was best pleased with him at the weekend and he puts on God awful shows.

Cheers. , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:55 am

Remember saying the same thing when Hearn couldn't do any wrong last year..

Promoting is a tough business....You don't reach the top If you're sensitive and aren't ruthless.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 3:57 am

Until he fails to pay his fighters and sues them then he's alright in my book, not at all comparable to the others at this moment in time.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:03 am

Hopefully he doesnt follow in his fathers footsteps and leaves his fighters out with the washing when thing aren't running as smoothly
Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:09 am

Rodney wrote:Hearn is a manipulative cretin all for himself guy like Arum, King, Warren and the rest of them.. What annoys me is he pretends to be the boxers best mate , I don't think Tommy Coyle was best pleased with him at the weekend and he puts on God awful shows.

Cheers. , Rodders

I think Tommy Coyle should get a sense of his true belonging if that's the case, I'd be pleased as punch if; I'd been beaten on the British scene twice...one of them by KO, gone life and death with a fighter whom my rival went on to blitz in 5 and then struggled with another British level fighter....yet was just a few months away from a massive summer showdown, in a stadium in my hometown against an Olympic medalist with a guaranteed payday to set me up for a fair few years if not life!

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:15 am

You're a kid Owen......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:17 am

Fighters are human beings he knows he is only a pawn for Hearns Hull showdown and he knows his promoter couldn't give a stuff after it's all done.

The day sky pull the plug on Hearns show will show his true colours at the moment he is allowed to get away with putting dross on our screens .

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:22 am

Much better in the old days wasn't it Rodney?

Coyle does need to get some perspective on things, he's fortunate to have a reasonably big payday coming up based purely on his place of birth. He doesn't have the talent of Campbell, isn't one of the main players at domestic level, is around the 6/7th best lightweight in Britain and wonders why the talented Olympic gold medallist gets better treatment.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:29 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You're a kid Owen......

All relative isn't it Truss....to my 11 yr old sister im not given im 28...to you I'd venture a guess I am...

What the relevance is to my original post mind...anyone's guess.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:30 am

Of course he should feel peeved his promoter is supposed to be impartial, he has better wins than Campbell and seems to be the one doing the groundwork whilst Campbell waits in the wings.

But yes you're right things were better in the old days , anyhow where you watching your boxing these days Hammer? Wasn't long ago you were telling me you wouldn't touch boxnation as you were only interested in Froch and Frampton live (some boxing fan)

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:35 am

My mistake Owen I thought you were about 15...

Seems to be a refreshing naivety to your stuff..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:36 am

I still don't watch boxnation hence why I tend to only comment on the Sky cards or there's this wonderful invention called the internet whereby I can bypass the crappy Warren fights and watch the interesting ones (very few).

Campbell from the looks of things has a far higher ceiling, has a more accessible style, is the better known, Olympic gold medallist (means a lot), seemingly more powerful but Coyle should expect an equal footing despite having none of that? If we look at things impartially then of course Campbell is the one going to get pushed, he's the one with a future.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:39 am

You think Hearns cards are better than Warrens at the minute ?? Strange one.

And what happens if Coyle beats Campbell , he already sold his chances down the river according to the fighter .

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:43 am

I forgot I have to agree with your pessimistic views on all things modern, I apologise for having my own opinion and must adhere to the view that Warren with his crappy stable is in fact better than Hearn.

What if Jennings beats Wlad, it's not very likely is it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:46 am

Not saying he has a better stable of fighters as a fan he is putting on more competitive cards. Warren used to be like Hearn when he was with Sky flogging average Joe with nonsense and putting on dross cards like Hearn is doing now.

Cheers , Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:50 am

I think the issue is that whenever Hearn gets criticised some people on here respond like a woman scorned. I can understand Rowley for example who puts -Less of a c*nt than Warren - In polite language. But (and this probably contributes to Strongbacks theory of you all being in bed with SlEddie) the sort of nasty response above by Owen, "He should be grateful for what he has the whelp!". It seems those who lauded him at the beginning are entrenched now and attack with spite anyone who has a word to say against him. Eddie can do the best he wants for his own he is a promoter after all but Coyle can't show a little umbrage at being treated as cannon fodder.

This is like the fight purse, fans not wanting to see their fighter fight someone who wont make them money...WTF

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:53 am

Aside from Saunders none of his fighters are going anywhere so there's no interest in watching them, we're talking about a promoter who failed to pay a fighter in Ricky Burns, dissolved the company so he never had to pay then sued him in return, scum no matter how you try and paint it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:57 am

Two stubborn b**tards....

Got to love it..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Thu Mar 12, 2015 4:58 am

I'm right though Truss as always

Cheers, Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:14 am

Bit clueless as to how I am the naive one; expecting a promote to promote first, manage 2nd...so many people seem to believe Hearn owes all of his fighters more than any other promoter out there..he doesn't and he has done a far better job in looking after them than the likes of Warren has in recent times...

By looking after; ensuring said fighters a)fight regular to earn a pay day b)achieve there goals of getting big fights (which all boxers get into the game for) c) max out there potential earnings as best possible whilst they are relevant/in position to

In all of those cases Hearn has accomplished his 'duty'...

DeGale was fighting in shopping centers till he went to Hearn...now he has a title fight with a career high pay day...the fact he has to travel for it is neither here nor there...he wasn't anywhere approaching getting one since the Groves fight.

Paul Smith - A Euro level fighter at the very best, Hearn secured him not one but two title fights...both paying handsomely. Not only that but by positioning him into them, Smith can now milk his career a bit longer as a 'gatekeeper' into the world scene for young domestic fighters

Cleverly/Bellew - Both got brutally exposed at World Level...yet thanks to the devious/clever marketing of Hearn went on to secure a huge fight against one another again making them both a nice pay packet..

Crolla, Mitchell, Selby....all had/having career revivals under Matchroom...

Gavin Rees & Brian Rose ....both challenged for a world title...both got paid nicely for it..if you'd asked anyone whether either would have ever had a sniff at a genuine world title you'd have been hard pressed to find someone saying yes!

Shah - As for your point about being like a woman scorned; nothing like that. I have criticised Hearn on numerous occasions...both on here and publicly to him on twitter (something I surely wouldn't do if I wanted those free tickets Strongy likes to harp on about)..I criticised him hugely for the PPV debacle with regards Clev vs Bellew...did the same with regards to the proposed contract dealings with Groves for the Froch rematch and have done so for his inability to get the Quigg vs Frampton fight made...

When he is due to criticism I don't mind giving it to him; but to say he doesn't look after his fighters is pure nonsense from the perspective of the paydays most have got...and the amount of people within his stable who have secured bigger fights than there record suggested ever capable or there recent form had seemingly put out of reach ever again.

Also correct me if im wrong but i think i said 'he should get a sense of his true belonging' regards Coyle...which isn't far from the truth. As the saying goes...you don't bite the hand that feeds you and for a guy whose record shows has never been the best in Britain and whose form is decent at best he's wrong to suggest he's getting the wrong end of any deal involving a massive fight in his hometown against an Olympic hero (to the city of Hull..Campbell is one) with a guaranteed career high pay day to boot.

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:24 am

Rodney wrote:Not saying he has a better stable of fighters as a fan he is putting on more competitive cards. Warren used to be like Hearn when he was with Sky flogging average Joe with nonsense and putting on dross cards like Hearn is doing now.

Cheers , Rodders

The most competitive card Warren has put on in recent times was Eubank vs Billy Joe..how is that any better than Froch vs Groves 1 or 2? It isn't...

Fury/Hammer card was no more or less competitive than the one last weekend from Matchroom...

Like all fight cards, some will turn out awful some will turn out decent..that's the nature of it. I would say the Wembley card for the 2nd Froch vs Groves was far more competitive than most on here predicted.

Also find plenty of people will watch the domestic bouts on boxnation yet will bypass the small hall shows/smaller shows over on SKY because it doesn't feature Froch or DeGale etc. Thus they miss competitive cards that Hearn & Co do put on. I've been to a few myself, such as the Buckland vs Rees fight at the Motorpoint arena...

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:33 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:My mistake Owen I thought you were about 15...

Seems to be a refreshing naivety to your stuff..

That's strange,I had that impression chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:35 am

I had the impression you were both kumquats..

Clearly there's something to the old adage 'first impressions stick' Whistle Hug

owen10ozzy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:40 am

owen10ozzy wrote:Bit clueless as to how I am the naive one; expecting a promote to promote first, manage 2nd...so many people seem to believe Hearn owes all of his fighters more than any other promoter out there..he doesn't and he has done a far better job in looking after them than the likes of Warren has in recent times...

By looking after; ensuring said fighters a)fight regular to earn a pay day b)achieve there goals of getting big fights (which all boxers get into the game for) c) max out there potential earnings as best possible whilst they are relevant/in position to

In all of those cases Hearn has accomplished his 'duty'...

DeGale was fighting in shopping centers till he went to Hearn...now he has a title fight with a career high pay day...the fact he has to travel for it is neither here nor there...he wasn't anywhere approaching getting one since the Groves fight.

Paul Smith - A Euro level fighter at the very best, Hearn secured him not one but two title fights...both paying handsomely. Not only that but by positioning him into them, Smith can now milk his career a bit longer as a 'gatekeeper' into the world scene for young domestic fighters

Cleverly/Bellew - Both got brutally exposed at World Level...yet thanks to the devious/clever marketing of Hearn went on to secure a huge fight against one another again making them both a nice pay packet..

Crolla, Mitchell, Selby....all had/having career revivals under Matchroom...

Gavin Rees &  Brian Rose ....both challenged for a world title...both got paid nicely for it..if you'd asked anyone whether either would have ever had a sniff at a genuine world title you'd have been hard pressed to find someone saying yes!

Shah - As for your point about being like a woman scorned; nothing like that. I have criticised Hearn on numerous occasions...both on here and publicly to him on twitter (something I surely wouldn't do if I wanted those free tickets Strongy likes to harp on about)..I criticised him hugely for the PPV debacle with regards Clev vs Bellew...did the same with regards to the proposed contract dealings with Groves for the Froch rematch and have done so for his inability to get the Quigg vs Frampton fight made...

When he is due to criticism I don't mind giving it to him; but to say he doesn't look after his fighters is pure nonsense from the perspective of the paydays most have got...and the amount of people within his stable who have secured bigger fights than there record suggested ever capable or there recent form had seemingly put out of reach ever again.

Also correct me if im wrong but i think i said 'he should get a sense of his true belonging' regards Coyle...which isn't far from the truth. As the saying goes...you don't bite the hand that feeds you and for a guy whose record shows has never been the best in Britain and whose form is decent at best he's wrong to suggest he's getting the wrong end of any deal involving a massive fight in his hometown against an Olympic hero (to the city of Hull..Campbell is one) with a guaranteed career high pay day to boot.

I believe you find Paul Smith has Wazza to thank for his 'lofty' WBO ranking with regular sanctioning payments.

As he had No WBO inter, euro or any other crappy belt which gets you a ranking. And when u look at his resume before the Abraham fight, who had he beaten to attain such a high ranking. chin

So he has Wazza to thank first off....

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next