The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

+32
Roller_Coaster
Bob_the_Job
JAS
NickisBHAFC
Hoggy_Bear
navyblueshorts
sportform
monty junior
NedB-H
owen10ozzy
Eyetoldyouso
Scottrf
mystiroakey
Davie
1GrumpyGolfer
Hibbz
beninho
MontysMerkin
LadyPutt
SmithersJones
John Cregan
dynamark
GPB
Lairdy
Shotrock
MustPuttBetter
sirbenson
McLaren
pedro
incontinentia
I'm never wrong
kwinigolfer
36 posters

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 10 Empty PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 08 Apr 2015, 3:08 am

First topic message reminder :

1).Last year I slurped a couple of bottles of Malbec and attempted to make a case for a European Champion. Henrik Stenson was the chosen candidate and he played well but not nearly well enough, Jonas Blixt finishing ahead of him as the leading Swede. So we changed the formula this year, not the Malbec of course, but let's revert to Andy North's time-honoured process of elimination.
NB: Any bias or prejudice is entirely intentional.

2).Starting with Amateurs. One or two have come close, Patton, Venturi, but none won a Green Jacket and that won't change this year. Seven eliminated.

3).No rookie has one since Fuzzy Zoeller over 35 years ago. I fancy Tringale to play well, but I'll go with history and take out the 13 first-timers.

4).Jack Nicklaus won the 1986 Masters at the age of 46, the oldest Champion. I don't see any of the forty-somethings in the field improving their game, so let's dispense with the likes of Westwood, Furyk and Els and 20 others. 23 can exit, best chances Phil, who's only had one top ten finish since Muirfield, and Cabrera, always a decent each way punt.

5).Augusta National could be the toughest walking course these guys play, not good if you're carrying a knock, physically or mentally, or in some cases Tiger, both. Bye bye to seven crocks, including McDowell, Stenson and Reed.

6).Poor putters and scramblers need not apply. 24 still standing are #110 or below in the PGA Tour's primary putting or scrambling stat. On your way then Dustin, Rickie, Keegan, Webb, Kaymer, Rose, Charl and Adam. Big risk sending Matsuyama and Oosthuizen down the road, but their putting has not been good enough. Russell Henley may be a putting genius but he needs to scramble too.

7).As baseball fans know, "Chicks dig the long ball", and so do Augusta's Green Jackets; bad news for slowpokes Crane and Na and eight others, none of them in the top 100. Sorry Sneds, still good for a place.

8).Only fourteen left so time to discard those currently out of form. Regardless of what they might have done elsewhere in the world, none of this lot have a PGA Tour top ten finish this year: Dubuisson, Grace, Ilonen, Mahan, Streelman, Villegas. Adios to the 6 of you.

9).And of the rest, only Jason Day, Spieth and Jimmy Walker have wins, so San-Moon Bae, Sergio, Rory, Ryan Palmer and Bubba can leave quietly down Magnolia Lane.

10).Day, Spieth and Walker have all played well at Augusta. Day and Spieth have play-off wins this year, Walker has two wins by a total of 13 strokes. Give me the proven winner and measure up Jimmy Walker for a Green Jacket. Cheers.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 10 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by incontinentia Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:19 pm

What a bunker shot for 4 birdies on the trot for Rose!!!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher - Page 10 Empty Re: PGA Tour: The Masters Winner, via Process of Elimination: Notes from the Ballwasher

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:21 pm

Classy stuff by Rose.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:21 pm

4 in a row for rose, was disappointed with him earlier but now looking good. 5 back..but will need to do something different at the start tomorrow to have a chance.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:30 pm

Different league again from Jordan.

How things turn back. He could have an 8 shot lead..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:35 pm

super stuff from Mickelson on 18, bet he drains the putt too.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:48 pm

And the hope returns...

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:51 pm

Bang. Rose you flipping diamond. 12 under.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:52 pm

Rose to Faldo/Norman Speith tommorow..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sat 11 Apr 2015, 11:53 pm

Great back nine by Justin Rose especially the chip in from the bunker on the par 3 and the put on the 18th. Shame about his first few holes else he would have been right behind Spieth.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:06 am

Fair play to Rose I didn't think he'd be 2nd on his own at the end of today(humble pie)

Hard to see anyone outside the top 3 wearing green tomorrow evening
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:31 am

That was fantastic viewing I must say! Still think Spieth will cruise this but he did drop plenty of shots today to give the field hope if he stops making birdies.

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:32 am

Tiger and Rory to play together on the Sunday was 80/1 before the tournament!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:58 am

Great par save from Spieth on #18, only four men in it.
Lots of hyperbole for Woods's 68, none for Poults's 67.

Koepka's front nine and Justin Rose's back nine yields -20.

Can Rose actually do it on Sunday? Perhaps he can, but he has to get off to a better start; giving shots a way early these past two days.

A winner from Hartley Witney or Hook somehow seems better than a winner from Dallas.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 1:46 am

Thongchai will open the batting on Sunday, at 10.00 a.m.

Remember, Top 12 and ties qualify for the 2016 Masters. As things stand, staying in the Top 12 would be important to Messrs Poulter, Oosthuizen, Haas, Blixt, Casey, Matsuyama, Hoffman, Na, Streelman,
Should be dry, chance of breeze picking up around noon and fingers crossed for a 59 from Rory.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 11:56 am

Did they just read out a tweet from Maverick on Masters breakfast??!
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sun 12 Apr 2015, 12:05 pm

Major winners Rose and Mickelson should be formidable competition for young Speith. We'll find out if Jordan can keep it together ... the others surely will.

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 1:01 pm

There must be a dozen guys wondering why they spent so much time smelling the azaleas on Thursday and early Friday while Spieth went about his business.
Now they can see there are mid-60-somethings out there it's too late.
Spieth is basically ten shots clear, only has to worry about Phil and Justin; can't remember a Masters before this one where I didn't fancy Phil, so it would make sense if he shot 63 and won going away. Not holding my breath though, this has been magnificent from Spieth.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by sirbenson Sun 12 Apr 2015, 2:10 pm

Hopefully the greens are crazy quick today!

sirbenson

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun 12 Apr 2015, 2:27 pm

It's hard not to like Spieth. He's got guts. What a strange demeanour Charley Hoffman has?

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 5:54 pm

Clutching at straws:
Wouldn't it be great if Saints passed Citeh for Champions League?
Wouldn't it be great if Rory threw a 59 at Spieth. But would it be enough?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:40 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Clutching at straws:
Wouldn't it be great if Saints passed Citeh for Champions League?
Wouldn't it be great if Rory threw a 59 at Spieth. But would it be enough?

I suppose if you were Rory or Tiger and you were offered a 65 now, you'd have to take it. 64 or better probably not on.

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:45 pm

I think Spieth will finish it off, and Magnolia Lane will become Coronation Street Run
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:52 pm

According to Hazel Irvine Justin Rose has "legendary mental strength" that an over night thing?

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:54 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:

I predict a big round for either Donaldson or Walker, paired for the third day running, but without the hoopla of Tiger.
A day early kwin..

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 6:59 pm

!!!

Westwood trying hard for Darren Clarke to beat him, two pretty dismal weeks for lw1.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Sun 12 Apr 2015, 7:44 pm

Feels a bit flat, i think Mr Hoffman may have a mare today!

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:26 pm

One down, three to go on the Rose to glory.
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:28 pm

Like everyone else I hope tonight has an exciting climax - but I really would hate to see Spieth lose it now and read all the posts about him being a choker. If he does lose I hope it's to a 61 or 62 that would go down in history and no one would blame him

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:28 pm

Justin Rose seven under par for his last eight holes. Keep that up please.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:34 pm

Spieth's putting this week must rank with the best ever seen Shocked
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:39 pm

It's a bit weird for me this year. I'd ordinarily be pulling for Justin all the way, and uninterested in Tiger but I've got Jordan to win and TW each way, so I'm not cheering for Rose the way I should be.
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 12 Apr 2015, 8:43 pm

Wishing I could be cheering for MAJ as I had him at 200/1

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:22 pm

Spieth's won. Rose won't come back from this. All he had to do was hit the fairway.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

Wishing I could be cheering anything.

Now that Rose has blown up we are entering the speith procession.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Shotrock Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:23 pm

Steady play keeping Rose at bay ... for now.

C'mon Jordan!!

Shotrock

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:25 pm

Imagine how stupid - ok how even more stupid - I would have looked if he had holed the pitch from the crowd?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:28 pm

Hoggy_Bear wrote:Spieth's won. Rose won't come back from this. All he had to do was hit the fairway.

Mebbe not.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm never wrong Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:30 pm

Woods injured?

I'm never wrong

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:38 pm

Doesn't start til the back 9...
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:40 pm

Woods wanted a 66 but looks like he got the Root instead.

Nice round for Hedrick, must be feeling better.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by incontinentia Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:41 pm

Yeah Woods' wrist seemed to hurt on that tee shot. Hope it's not too serious.
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:44 pm

Speith back to 4 ahead again.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:56 pm

Still have a funny feeling Rose will do it.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 12 Apr 2015, 9:59 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Still have a funny feeling Rose will do it.

Doubt it now. Speith 5 shots ahead.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by John Cregan Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:03 pm

SKY coverage far superior to the BBC.............

John Cregan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hoggy_Bear Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:11 pm

All over now.

Hoggy_Bear

Back to top Go down

Post by SmithersJones Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:12 pm

John Cregan wrote:SKY coverage far superior to the BBC.............

Are you watching both?
SmithersJones
SmithersJones

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:19 pm

Have a few quid e/w on Charley Hoffman at 200/1 and Zach at 80/1... Please guys!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:20 pm

Faldo vs Norman starts now!

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Sun 12 Apr 2015, 10:25 pm

SKY coverage probably better than CBS too.

12th place and better gets a return trip. Big for Casey & Poults.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next