The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ERCC Bosses Fear half Empty Stadium

+24
Standulstermen
jimbopip
Welly
GLove39
The Saint
Welshmushroom
whocares
ME-109
the-goon
MichaelT
RuggerRadge2611
LondonTiger
shuren34
offload
LeinsterFan4life
Notch
SecretFly
VinceWLB
TG
Cyril
Sin é
George Carlin
Pot Hale
yappysnap
28 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

ERCC Bosses Fear half Empty Stadium - Page 3 Empty ERCC Bosses Fear half Empty Stadium

Post by yappysnap Tue 21 Apr 2015, 7:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

Stolen from another sight:

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/apr/20/european-champions-cup-empty-twickenham-final

Not good at all if there are only 40,000 fans. Especially if only 8,000 are fans of those clubs.

"Organisers fear there may be 40,000 empty seats when Clermont Auvergne and Toulon contest the European Champions Cup final at Twickenham on Saturday week. The 82,000-capacity stadium is set to be half empty for the first final since the old Heineken Cup was mothballed last year.

Despite the presence of two French clubs, it is understood no more than 8,000 supporters are planning to travel to London for the final. The defending champions, Toulon, have already returned 40% of their ticket allocation and Clermont have been allocated only 5,000 tickets. To date barely 30,000 tickets have been sold for the showpiece fixture."

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

ERCC Bosses Fear half Empty Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: ERCC Bosses Fear half Empty Stadium

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 28 Apr 2015, 2:01 pm

SecretFly wrote:I think I'll start a Fake Fan Mannequin company.  

I'd have moveable ones (battery pack)..... but I'd have levels of 'animation' and the more animation (mad, wildly enthusiastic fans) you want, the bigger the price per batch.

So if you were chasing a big Broadcasting deal and needed to show the companies the kinds of well-up-for-it-die-hard fans that you had in your league, you could hire batches of 50,000 Mad Fake Fans that would wave their hands wildly and jump up and down for 80.   They'd come at £10 each.  So £500,000 per game isn't that expensive when you know you'll pick up a multi-million BT deal. Wink
Of course if BT then needed top paying sponsors, the 50,000 extra Mad fake Fans would cost them a lot more.......Whistle

Don't knock it - it's professionalism.

Just a hint but try emailing www.saracens.co.uk Whistle

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3