The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins

+6
Rowley
ONETWOFOREVER
Hands Of Stone
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
catchweight
10 posters

Go down

Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins Empty Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Jun 2015, 7:58 pm

Matchroom have targetted an October return for Degales first title defence and are promising a marquee name. Three names being considered are Kessler, Bute and Hopkins with a fight with Carl Froch appearing to be a no go.

Hopkins has respnded that he intends to continue fighting and would be interested in facing Degale at the super middleweight limit and that HBO have given him the green light for a London fight with Degale.

Good news also if you want to see Golovkin v Froch made, as it appears he is in pole position now with Degale focussing elsewhere.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins Empty Re: Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:07 pm

None of these fights particularly excite me.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins Empty Re: Degale eyes Marquee name October Kessler/Bute/Hopkins

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:13 pm

Hoppo should be banned.....Bute lost his last fight and Kessler has been retired a while...

Eddie progressing with his "safe" name policy..

Rather see Fielding-Degale than those three.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:17 pm

All 3 of them coming off easy losses, Bhop dominated by Kovalev, Kessler hasnt fought since Froch and Bute Pascal.

Bhop is the only challenging fight, but still would say Degale is as good as the dawson who beat him. Kessler is past his best, was on his last legs in the final rounds against Froch and Bute is a shell. So many better fights out there for degale

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Jun 2015, 8:53 pm

Anyone but Hopkins

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:36 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:Anyone but Hopkins

Agreed, not sure why anyone would want anything to do with Hopkins now, good chance the fight will be a stinker and if you beat him you've beaten a 50 year old bloke, not exactly going to see you lavished with praise. Avoid him like the plague.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:39 pm

The names as they are now are more teepee than marquee.

Degale v bute in the wigwam bam.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:48 pm

Doctor, I keep thinking I'm a wigwam and a tepee.

You're too tents sir.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 03 Jun 2015, 9:49 pm

Rowley wrote:Doctor, I keep thinking I'm a wigwam and a tepee.

You're too tents sir.

Thank you, I'm here all week.

laughing

Its so bad its good

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:01 pm

As tommy cooper RIP may have said on seeing rowley borrow his jokes:

'There's no end to his talent, and no beginning either.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:07 pm

Got told to sod off last night as all I do is moan, try to spread a little cheer this evening with a little joke and still get it in the neck. I can't win.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:36 pm

Quit being a jester rowley... Then you'll be nobody's fool

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 03 Jun 2015, 11:47 pm

To light heavyweights and a retired boxer chin

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Thu 04 Jun 2015, 11:20 pm

Can any of these guys do 168lbs anymore?

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 05 Jun 2015, 3:24 pm

He wont fight Hopkins. Hopkins is holding out for either Golovkin or Stevenson.

Kessler would be an awful fight, he really shouldnt be back in a ring. Bute would hardly be inspiring

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down