The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frampton v Selby - who wins?

+5
Dipper Brown
RanjitPatel
TRUSSMAN66
ONETWOFOREVER
shenglong2015
9 posters

Go down

Frampton v Selby - who wins? Empty Frampton v Selby - who wins?

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 4:23 pm

May be getting a little ahead of myself here, but I do feel Carl could step up to featherweight sooner rather than later, given that he is big at his current weight and he may be running out of options at Super Bantamweight, given the Quigg fight is a damp squib, and outside of Santa Cruz/Rigondeaux there are no real alternatives.

If Frampton did move to featherweight, I feel a fight with Wales slickster Lee Selby could be on the cards (obviously another Barry v Eddie battle may be a sticking point), Lomanchenko is a still an unknown quantity, and Nicholas Walters a little too dangerous.

It would also have the Celtic rivalry attached to it.

If Frampton fought Selby, how would you see this one going? Could The Jackal carry his power up to featherweight? Or would the Welsh Mayweather be too slick for the Irish all-rounder?

Thoughts.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Frampton v Selby - who wins? Empty Re: Frampton v Selby - who wins?

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 09 Jul 2015, 4:50 pm

Have to go witht the bigger man but should Frampton win I can see the headlines now.

Lee passed his SEL-BY date.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

I am good I really am.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 5:05 pm

Do you care about anybody that isn't Irish ??? Not being funny just curious..

It's four pounds so it isn't much........However we have a top slickster against a guy with top quality all round talent that isn't as slick..

Hard to tell..............But you'd have to lean to Selby....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:36 pm

Yes, I have stated previously the I am a fan of Josh Warrington, and have discussed why I feel Klitshcko will beat Fury, in addition to that I have discussed that I feel Khan is wasting his peak years and also discussed that I feel the winner of Brook v Bradley will fight Pacquiao (if the fight is made).

Not bad for 2 days back.

Sometimes you only see what you want to see Truss, which says more about you than me.

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:37 pm

Very tough to call as they're both very talented. Selby looks a lot bigger so I'd side with him.
Like both of these so I'm not sure where my loyalties would lie.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2015 Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:43 pm

Watched the documentary about Selby, and saw alot of flaws in his work, that Armenian amateur he was sparring seemed to have him in all sorts of bother, I appreciate its only sparring but I just feel a raring to go Frampton would be too busy for Selby to look like his usual composed self, and may be enough to tkae him out of his comfort zone.....

shenglong2015

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Thu 09 Jul 2015, 7:46 pm

Oscar Valdez is Mexican or sounds it at the very least.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Thu 09 Jul 2015, 9:21 pm

shenglong2015 wrote:Watched the documentary about Selby, and saw alot of flaws in his work, that Armenian amateur he was sparring seemed to have him in all sorts of bother, I appreciate its only sparring but I just feel a raring to go Frampton would be too busy for Selby to look like his usual composed self, and may be enough to tkae him out of his comfort zone.....

You only see what they want you to see. Remember in the build up to the rematch with Groves, we saw Froch getting slapped around the ring by Eubank Jr. Before the May 2nd fight, all we saw was Mayweather chopping trees and Manny doing his lightning hands stuff. Wouldn't read too much into it.

Size wise, Selby looked like a bag of bones getting down to 126 for his last fight and Frampton is a tiny man. Stick a hat on his head and fishing rod in his hand and he'd be a garden gnome (albeit an incredibly aggressive one). Just think Selby is a lot bigger naturally and it would show.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hands Of Stone Thu 09 Jul 2015, 9:44 pm

Would be a really good fight, as Truss alluded to its 4lbs, 4 lbs isnt an awful lot although Selby is a bigger featherweight then Frampton is a superbantam

The question for me comes down to 2 things, either Lee Selby is too big for frampton, or he's too big that he can't keep up with frampton

Selby is a huge feather and has had struggles in the past with weight, he's 28 now so those struggles aren't going to get easier. As past fighters can show, if you keep cutting vast amounts of weight your performances will start to be affected

Frampton may not be big but he's strong as a bull, with great technical skills both offensively and defensively and most importantly he's very sharp. If Selby struggles with the weight he could be on the end of a big loss as Frampton can break you down systematically

I think Frampton is good enough to slip under Selby's jab and outhussle Selby on the inside

Hands Of Stone

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:05 am

Selby on points or Frampton late stoppage but behind on the cards

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 10 Jul 2015, 9:10 am

I don't think Frampton has the frame to step up and be the same force at featherweight.

He's pretty heavily muscled at super bantam and is only around 5'6/7. Unless he could carry up enough punch power and strength to bully people on the inside I don't think moving up is a good idea.

Haven't seen that much of Selby but would make him favourite given the size difference.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri 10 Jul 2015, 10:18 am

Huge Frampton fan but I'm going for the bigger slicker guy to win on points.

Frampton not unlike Hatton, is a bit of a beast at his preferred weight. Take him up a division, he will be a bit small and would struggle with the very elite.

Don't get me wrong, he is a fantastic boxer but I do think he would struggle up a divison.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Coxy001 Fri 10 Jul 2015, 11:42 am

Selby wide UD.

Coxy001

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down