The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+22
True Raven
LondonTiger
Shifty
maestegmafia
ScarletSpiderman
dragon999
LordDowlais
Seagultaf
Coleman
wayne
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
Steffan
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
VinceWLB
Dolphin Ziggler
George Carlin
PhilBB
26 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 14 Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

GavinDragon wrote:I don't need to address anything, I am one fan with an opinion the same as you and any other fan.

Sure, but here I am trying to understand your opinion yet, sadly, you won't address a key element of it.

Previously you wrote: "Only sad, narrow minded parochial people stuck in the amateur era mindset would see gwent as something in direct competition to newport." so I wrote a detailed, honest and clear answer as to why that insult is misplaced.

It's misplaced because one club is carrying all of the risk but with only 50% ownership.

Do you think it fair that one club carries all of the financial risk, without total ownership, for a "Gwent" team? Sure, you don't need to address the question but, in all fairness, it will speak volumes if you don't address it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 14 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 12:59 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:Again, show me an investor(s) willing to invest millions if it was club rugby?

I didn't say there is one. Because of this, and the fact that you have people in charge who are happy to just make up the numbers in the competitions they are in leads me to the fact that UNLESS something drastic happens, like a new investor Dragons have a bleak future.

Who is going to want to have anything to do with a team that just makes up the numbers ? 

It's unfair to the fans who turn out every week, and pay to watch this crud with no sign of improvement. If Dragons were an animal, it would be put down by now out of mercy, but no, Dragons will still be in the same position every season making up the numbers until something drastic happens, and if it is not an investor into the region, then we know what else it could be. The Gwent region is on it's knees. If it were not for the Italian sides you would be the worst pro team in the league, at least Cardiff are showing some ambition by trying to make better signings.

Aside from the fact that our recent signings have actually been good (Landman and Pretorius for starters), do you honestly think the Dragons haven't been trying to sign better players?

Aside from the two multi-millionaires also plowing in money. Good comparison LD.... Blues have a great coach now, but don't forget about your previous coaches laughing.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:13 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
Stone Motif wrote:
munkian wrote:
bedfordwelsh wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I am more than happy to finish below both Italian teams. I want Lyn Jones gone and the board to stop coasting along and that is maybe the rocket that they will need. I won't hold my breath though.

Rev,

Do you think it would be a case of KJ then stepping up a level and bringing in new coaches below him or would a clean broom throughout be better?

Thing is, I really don't think our board care - they have always been content with mediocrity and the Blue's recent poor form has flattered the Dragon's league position. Maybe now the Blues have a tidy coach and are recruiting well it will give our board some ambition and a kick up the arse.

This in spades. We'll never change whilst Hazell and Godfrey are in charge. Unfortunately, if they were to leave we'd also do a Warriors pretty quick. Regional experiment has been an utter failure in this neck of the woods.

Again, show me an investor(s) willing to invest millions if it was club rugby?

No? Didn't think so. We have failed to perform because of a lack of investment on the pitch, because the business is poorly run, and because of poor coaching appointments.

Surprise surprise here's Gav to tell us how sellin a handful of extra tickets in Crumlin wpuld solve all our problems.carlets and Cardiff Blues seem to do okay. Nobody wants to invest in the Dragons. Now admittedly this may be due to the 50% share snaffled by the WRU but either way you can't possibly argue that the current format has a prayer of ever solving he issues you highlight. They are endemic under the current set up.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:44 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:Again, show me an investor(s) willing to invest millions if it was club rugby?

I didn't say there is one. Because of this, and the fact that you have people in charge who are happy to just make up the numbers in the competitions they are in leads me to the fact that UNLESS something drastic happens, like a new investor Dragons have a bleak future.

Who is going to want to have anything to do with a team that just makes up the numbers ? 

It's unfair to the fans who turn out every week, and pay to watch this crud with no sign of improvement. If Dragons were an animal, it would be put down by now out of mercy, but no, Dragons will still be in the same position every season making up the numbers until something drastic happens, and if it is not an investor into the region, then we know what else it could be. The Gwent region is on it's knees. If it were not for the Italian sides you would be the worst pro team in the league, at least Cardiff are showing some ambition by trying to make better signings.

Aside from the fact that our recent signings have actually been good (Landman and Pretorius for starters), do you honestly think the Dragons haven't been trying to sign better players?

Aside from the two multi-millionaires also plowing in money. Good comparison LD.... Blues have a great coach now, but don't forget about your previous coaches laughing.

Time will tell. He has not even put in a full season as a Pro12 head coach yet.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:46 pm

Scarlets have added three paying directors to their board in last 12 months.

Blues have Peter Thomas.

The format is irrelevant to solving the issues highlighted. Good decisions, appointments and investment will solve our woes. That could happen whether the team are called NRFC or NGD or East Wales Monmouthshire Blues.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:48 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Time will tell.  He has not even put in a full season as a Pro12 head coach yet.

It does seem a bit premature. Two narrow derby wins and suddenly they're a powerhouse.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:51 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Laugh

You seriously are kidding me right ? OK you got lucky with Landman, but Pretorius is crap, you let a far superior, younger, hungrier scrum half join Bath. Now you have a journeyman on your books, that is why your region is dying, any decent players you get are fecking off to other clubs. You should be having Faletau and Jonathan Evans on DC at your region, but for what ever reason they decided to leave, now I wonder why ?

I await everyone to come on here now to tell me it was not the regions fault, but guess what it never is, it is always somebody else's fault as to why you are just making up the numbers. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 2:54 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Pretorius is crap

Forgive me if I ignore everything else you have to say after that. How many games have you seen him play?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 3:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Pretorius is crap

Forgive me if I ignore everything else you have to say after that. How many games have you seen him play?

Yeah, Ok hun...
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 3:17 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Laugh  

You seriously are kidding me right ? OK you got lucky with Landman, but Pretorius is crap, you let a far superior, younger, hungrier scrum half join Bath. Now you have a journeyman on your books, that is why your region is dying, any decent players you get are fecking off to other clubs. You should be having Faletau and Jonathan Evans on DC at your region, but for what ever reason they decided to leave, now I wonder why ?

I await everyone to come on here now to tell me it was not the regions fault, but guess what it never is, it is always somebody else's fault as to why you are just making up the numbers. Rolling Eyes

Umm Headscratch... Okay, I think we've been patient with you for long enough. These comments are just retarded, and most of your comments on here today are of a similar vein. We're not going to mob you like the Irish would, but if separate groups are often arguing with you then it might perhaps be due to your one-eyed hypocrisy;  have you ever considered that?  I'd suggest going to a dark room and having a word with yourself.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 3:40 pm

Mikey, please behave, I did not put up with your nonsense in your previous guise and I will not put up with it now. You now only too well that I attend quite a few Dragons games per season, so I do have a valid opinion when it comes to their performances, last night was pathetic, and sadly it is not the norm.

Dragons are constant underachievers, they just make up the numbers in any competition they take part in, and it does not look like changing, you Dragons fans can bury your head in the sand all you like, but it will not change anything. As I have said previously, last nights performance along with Scarlets last Sunday shows exactly where the Welsh sides are, and it is pathetic.

What fills you with optimism about the future for Dragons ? Next season it will be more of the same, and players like Amos, Dixon, Morgan will not be renewing their DC with the region, they will either go abroad or to another region.

I really hope Dragons can turn into a better side, but there is nothing to tell me they will. That is the stark reality and as soon as you come to terns with that the better.

The truth is, Dragons just make up the numbers, that is the reality. Sorry

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:18 pm

Saying Pretorius is crap is rather ignorant. At least do a bit of research before spouting such rubbish. You've gone down in my estimations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons are constant underachievers, they just make up the numbers in any competition they take part in

So making the knockout stages of the Challenge Cup (again) is classed as 'making up the numbers'. Fair enough.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:24 pm

Griff wrote:Saying Pretorius is crap is rather ignorant. At least do a bit of research before spouting such rubbish. You've gone down in my estimations.

He is not as good as Jonathan Evans and he is 31/32 years old, Dragons would have done better by keeping hold Evans. OK

Why was he let go without a fight ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Saying Pretorius is crap is rather ignorant. At least do a bit of research before spouting such rubbish. You've gone down in my estimations.

He is not as good as Jonathan Evans and he is 31/32 years old, Dragons would have done better by keeping hold Evans. OK

He was offered a new contract you bell end.

When was Evans the top try scorer in Super rugby??? What did Evans achieve? In what way are you you quantifying 'better'?

I liked Evans. Wanted him to stay. But he wanted to join Bath. How do you stop that? Don't tell me - money?! Feed the greed. Yeah, that'll work.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:29 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Dragons are constant underachievers, they just make up the numbers in any competition they take part in

So making the knockout stages of the Challenge Cup (again) is classed as 'making up the numbers'. Fair enough.

They are never going to win it, not by playing like they did last night. After reaching the semi's last year I was hoping for a more spirited performance last night, not that pathetic whimper.

Look, I am just fed up with mediocrity, and to be honest mediocrity would be an improvement for Dragons. Ospreys are playing away to Exeter on Sunday, I am expecting them to get nothing from that game, I wish I could look forward to the game with quiet optimism, but I cannot.

I am so deprest with our regions at the moment, I just hope next year it will get better.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:32 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

When was Evans the top try scorer in Super rugby??? What did Evans achieve? In what way are you you quantifying 'better'?

I liked Evans. Wanted him to stay. But he wanted to join Bath. How do you stop that? Don't tell me - money?! Feed the greed. Yeah, that'll work.

Name calling, classy. Yep you have a strong point when you resort to personal insults. Dragons should have been fighting tooth and nail to keep him, how much are they paying Pretorius compared to how much they offered Evans ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:33 pm

Rubbish LD. Don't back track. It's clear your gripe is with the Dragons only. And now we're pressing you on it you're trying to change your tune. Truth is, bar the awesome 'achievement' of the O's making the quarters occasionally we'll ALL making up the numbers to varying degrees. This is not just a Dragons problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:34 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

They are never going to win it, not by playing like they did last night. After reaching the semi's last year I was hoping for a more spirited performance last night, not that pathetic whimper.

But getting to the semis is 'making up the numbers', according to you.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

Also I bet if Faletau was at any of the other regions, he would be on a DC by now, not going to another league.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Judging by previous discussions, it's because Evans is Welsh, and Pretorius is South African.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

What that shows the inequity in the WRU DCs then doesn't it?

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:35 pm

Faletau will return to another region in two years so dont worry

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

Griff wrote:Rubbish LD. Don't back track. It's clear your gripe is with the Dragons only. And now we're pressing you on it you're trying to change your tune. Truth is, bar the awesome 'achievement' of the O's making the quarters occasionally we'll ALL making up the numbers to varying degrees. This is not just a Dragons problem.

No it isn't, I have mentioned Scarlets and their performance last Sunday as well.

That's the trouble with Dragons, the victim mentality and the under achievements of their region is all someone else's fault, usually the WRU are too blame, but how can they be to blame for thirteen years of nothing ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:38 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Faletau will return to another region in two years so dont worry

I hope you are right. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:40 pm

Griff wrote:What that shows the inequity in the WRU DCs then doesn't it?

Ah right, I knew it wouldn't be too long, it's the WRU's fault. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:41 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:Faletau will return to another region in two years so dont worry

I hope you are right. OK

Well there you are then. Wishing a Welsh region to miss out on re-capturing their own product because of your own perception.

Tell me again, how are the Blues making such a miraculous turnaround?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:46 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Did you finish school LD? You're coming across as very dim right now. I was responding directly to your claim that he would get a DC at another region. So yes of course that is to do with he WRU. I don't blame the WRU solely for the Dragons' plight. I blame them for regional rugby, the inequities they allowed by being so weak at inception (allowing 2 standalone and forcing 3 mergers). THEY did that so they have to take the responsibility for it.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:48 pm

Ospreys have how many NDC's.

Blues have how much money from PT?

Scarlets have had 2 directors join their board and put money in as well as a bail out from WRU and help from Carmarthenshire County Council.

These are facts. Now you can argue that the O's deserve the NDC's. And that PT and the Scarlet's directors can invest where they like and you would be right. But if you have a strategy for the Dragons to compete against their own (by european standards) relatively weak welsh rivals, I am all ears and will campaign on your behalf to have you elected to the board.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:49 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Rubbish LD. Don't back track. It's clear your gripe is with the Dragons only. And now we're pressing you on it you're trying to change your tune. Truth is, bar the awesome 'achievement' of the O's making the quarters occasionally we'll ALL making up the numbers to varying degrees. This is not just a Dragons problem.

No it isn't, I have mentioned Scarlets and their performance last Sunday as well.

That's the trouble with Dragons, the victim mentality and the under achievements of their region is all someone else's fault, usually the WRU are too blame, but how can they be to blame for thirteen years of nothing ?

LD, try to be a bit original and get your own material. It's clear that you've jotted down some of the lines written by Irish posters and are regurgitating them in your posts. 'Victim mentality', 'blaming others'. A bit of plagiarism going on here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 4:56 pm

Just to add, it's also rather disingenuous to the dragons players slating them like this and calling for us to be scrapped. There's a lot of young lads there starting out in their careers, sweating blood and tears week in week out, and you come on here saying how they're just making up the numbers. They read these message boards. They read social media. No wonder they want to leave Wales. It's negative people like you LD driving them out.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:01 pm

GavinDragon wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I hope you are right. OK

Well there you are then. Wishing a Welsh region to miss out on re-capturing their own product because of your own perception.

Tell me again, how are the Blues making such a miraculous turnaround?

Here we go making things up. When have I specified a region ?

I just hope he comes back to Wales, if it turns out to be Dragons, then good for Dragons. At least they would be doing something positive if they did re-sign him, at least that could give us all a bit more optimism and it would show that Dragons were trying to get away from under achieving.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:05 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Did you finish school LD? You're coming across as very dim right now. I was responding directly to your claim that he would get a DC at another region. So yes of course that is to do with he WRU. I don't blame the WRU solely for the Dragons' plight. I blame them for regional rugby, the inequities they allowed by being so weak at inception (allowing 2 standalone and forcing 3 mergers). THEY did that so they have to take the responsibility for it.

I agree with this, the WRU did feck everything up to start with. But we are where we are now.

Also, I could not imagine Peter Thomas letting a player like Faletau leave Cardiff Blues, he would at least throw money at him to keep him there, which shows the difference in ambition from one region to another.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I agree with this, the WRU did feck everything up to start with. But we are where we are now.

Also, I could not imagine Peter Thomas letting a player like Faletau leave Cardiff Blues, he would at least throw money at him to keep him there, which shows the difference in ambition from one region to another.

Like the money he threw and Jamie Roberts and Leigh Halfpenny?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:06 pm

Griff wrote:Just to add, it's also rather disingenuous to the dragons players slating them like this and calling for us to be scrapped. There's a lot of young lads there starting out in their careers, sweating blood and tears week in week out, and you come on here saying how they're just making up the numbers. They read these message boards. They read social media. No wonder they want to leave Wales. It's negative people like you LD driving them out.

Again making things up with your victim mentality, where have I once said that I want Dragons scrapped ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Just to add, it's also rather disingenuous to the dragons players slating them like this and calling for us to be scrapped. There's a lot of young lads there starting out in their careers, sweating blood and tears week in week out, and you come on here saying how they're just making up the numbers. They read these message boards. They read social media. No wonder they want to leave Wales. It's negative people like you LD driving them out.

Again making things up with your victim mentality, where have I once said that I want Dragons scrapped ?

How is my thinking that you're an idiot demonstrating a 'victim mentality'?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:09 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There were no DC then to pay the 60 percent. So no he could not compete with the rich French clubs. So that argument is rubbish.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:10 pm

Lord I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on how we can become more competitive as a region?

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

You see, when you start with personal insults, it usually means you have nothing constructive to add to the debate, thus you should stop contributing. OK

Also just yo add, I am not trying to argue with you on here, I am just giving my opinion, you can disagree without getting personal, but that just shows the person you are.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:13 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

There were no DC then to pay the 60 percent. So no he could not compete with the rich French clubs. So that argument is rubbish.

surely that's a victim mentality, blaming Peter Thomas' lack of riches compared to the French clubs?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:15 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

You see, when you start with personal insults, it usually means you have nothing constructive to add to the debate, thus you should stop contributing. OK

Also just yo add, I am not trying to argue with you on here, I am just giving my opinion, you can disagree without getting personal, but that just shows the person you are.

Can you not see that saying that a person or group of people have a 'victim mentality' is also resorting to insults? No? That might explain the tendency for you to fall out with pretty much every poster from every nation on these boards. Food for thought...

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:15 pm

GavinDragon wrote:Lord I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on how we can become more competitive as a region?

Well unless you get somebody who owns you with a bit of ambition you will always be less competitive, unfortunately I cannot see that ever happening, that is why I think the future is bleak for the region based in Newport. OK

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:18 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
GavinDragon wrote:Lord I am still waiting to hear your thoughts on how we can become more competitive as a region?

Well unless you get somebody who owns you with a bit of ambition you will always be less competitive, unfortunately I cannot see that ever happening, that is why I think the future is bleak for the region based in Newport. OK

So you're saying that we need a millionaire backer?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:19 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

surely that's a victim mentality, blaming Peter Thomas' lack of riches compared to the French clubs?

No,because it was a genuine reason back then, we could not keep our best players because we could not compete with the richer clubs, but we can now, because if the DC, but even with the WRU paying over half the wages, Faletau STILL did not want yo stay with Dragons, now that says more about Dragons than anything else.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:20 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

So you're saying that we need a millionaire backer?

You already have one of them. What you need is a millionaire backer with a bit of ambition.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:21 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Dowlais, I've said it before: do you truly think that the Dragons aren't trying to sign world-class players?

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:22 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Can you not see that saying that a person or group of people have a 'victim mentality' is also resorting to insults? No? That might explain the tendency for you to fall out with pretty much every poster from every nation on these boards. Food for thought...

OK, so who's fault is it that Dragons have achieved sweet FA since they were incepted ? Who's fault is it that one of your best ever players had jumped ship to join Bath ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:26 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

Dowlais, I've said it before: do you truly think that the Dragons aren't trying to sign world-class players?

Of course I do not think that Dragons do not try to sign world class players, I am saying they cannot, because your owner is not ambitious enough. There is no surprise that Cardiff pay a lot more on wages than Dragons, luckily for Dragons though, Cardiff have just been signing crap players and paying them a fortune. Rolling Eyes

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:30 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

Of course I do not think that Dragons do not try to sign world class players, I am saying they cannot, because your owner is not ambitious enough. There is no surprise that Cardiff pay a lot more on wages than Dragons, luckily for Dragons though, Cardiff have just been signing crap players and paying them a fortune. Rolling Eyes

Is it ambition or is it available money though? Peter Thomas has many more millions available. So what you're saying is we need a richer backer, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:31 pm

Dowlais, if a player doesn't want to come to a club / region / province, he won't come, no matter how much money you offer him. We could offer a player more than another region, but he might go to that region anyway because they're a more attractive proposition, but we wouldn't be losing out due to a 'lack of ambition'.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm

Yep. Bell end was about right.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next