The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

+22
True Raven
LondonTiger
Shifty
maestegmafia
ScarletSpiderman
dragon999
LordDowlais
Seagultaf
Coleman
wayne
Stone Motif
mikey_dragon
Cardiff Dave
Steffan
bedfordwelsh
GavinDragon
munkian
Luckless Pedestrian
VinceWLB
Dolphin Ziggler
George Carlin
PhilBB
26 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 15 Empty Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by PhilBB Fri 21 Aug 2015, 9:55 pm

First topic message reminder :

GavinDragon wrote:I don't need to address anything, I am one fan with an opinion the same as you and any other fan.

Sure, but here I am trying to understand your opinion yet, sadly, you won't address a key element of it.

Previously you wrote: "Only sad, narrow minded parochial people stuck in the amateur era mindset would see gwent as something in direct competition to newport." so I wrote a detailed, honest and clear answer as to why that insult is misplaced.

It's misplaced because one club is carrying all of the risk but with only 50% ownership.

Do you think it fair that one club carries all of the financial risk, without total ownership, for a "Gwent" team? Sure, you don't need to address the question but, in all fairness, it will speak volumes if you don't address it.
PhilBB
PhilBB

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread - Page 15 Empty Re: Gwent Dragons 2015/16 thread

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:33 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Just to add, it's also rather disingenuous to the dragons players slating them like this and calling for us to be scrapped. There's a lot of young lads there starting out in their careers, sweating blood and tears week in week out, and you come on here saying how they're just making up the numbers. They read these message boards. They read social media. No wonder they want to leave Wales. It's negative people like you LD driving them out.

Again making things up with your victim mentality, where have I once said that I want Dragons scrapped ?

How is my thinking that you're an idiot demonstrating a 'victim mentality'?

You see, when you start with personal insults, it usually means you have nothing constructive to add to the debate, thus you should stop contributing. OK

Also just yo add, I am not trying to argue with you on here, I am just giving my opinion, you can disagree without getting personal, but that just shows the person you are.

Can you not see that saying that a person or group of people have a 'victim mentality' is also resorting to insults? No? That might explain the tendency for you to fall out with pretty much every poster from every nation on these boards. Food for thought...

OK, so who's fault is it that Dragons have achieved sweet FA since they were incepted ? Who's fault is it that one of your best ever players had jumped ship to join Bath ?

I think you've answered the wrong question. I was discussing the concept of insults.

To humour you though, of course it's always the clubs fault. Every club. It's the Ospreys fault they haven't won the HC/CC, it's Connacht's fault that they haven't won the league, it's the Dragons fault they haven't won a cup. I'm really not sure that really helps though.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:38 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, if a player doesn't want to come to a club / region / province, he won't come, no matter how much money you offer him. We could offer a player more than another region, but he might go to that region anyway because they're a more attractive proposition, but we wouldn't be losing out due to a 'lack of ambition'.

Come on LP, you honestly believe a player would chose between Cardiff or Newport because of anything other than money ? Who ever they chose, they would more than likely either live in Cardiff or the Vale anyway.

I do not understand it, as before regionalism, Newport were signing players like Gary Tiechmann and Percy Montgomery, and they had a host of Welsh internationals in the side, now though, it's as long a we stay as we are attitude.

Last edited by LordDowlais on Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:39 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:Rubbish LD. Don't back track. It's clear your gripe is with the Dragons only. And now we're pressing you on it you're trying to change your tune. Truth is, bar the awesome 'achievement' of the O's making the quarters occasionally we'll ALL making up the numbers to varying degrees. This is not just a Dragons problem.

No it isn't, I have mentioned Scarlets and their performance last Sunday as well.

That's the trouble with Dragons, the victim mentality and the under achievements of their region is all someone else's fault, usually the WRU are too blame, but how can they be to blame for thirteen years of nothing ?

LD, try to be a bit original and get your own material. It's clear that you've jotted down some of the lines written by Irish posters and are regurgitating them in your posts. 'Victim mentality', 'blaming others'. A bit of plagiarism going on here.

Lol.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Dowlais, if a player doesn't want to come to a club / region / province, he won't come, no matter how much money you offer him. We could offer a player more than another region, but he might go to that region anyway because they're a more attractive proposition, but we wouldn't be losing out due to a 'lack of ambition'.

Come on LP, you honestly believe a player would chose between Cardiff or Newport because of anything other than money ? Who ever they chose, they would more than likely either live in Cardiff or the Vale anyway.

I do not understand it, as before regionalism, Newport were signing players like Gary Tiechmann and Percy Montgomery, and they had a host of Welsh internationals in the side, now though, it's as long a dee stay as we are attitude.

I'm glad you mentioned that, because you've proven my point. Tony Brown was involved then and, much like Thomas, he had millions to invest. The current board hasn't so we cannot sign the type of player that the Blues are doing. THAT's where the difference is. It's not a lack of ambition. It's stating a blatant difference in available resources. And it's not a victim mentality. It's simple maths. The easy answer is to get a millionaire backer in. I.e. A super mega rich one. But they're not exactly growing on trees.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:42 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:What that shows the inequity in the WRU DCs then doesn't it?

Ah right, I knew it wouldn't be too long, it's the WRU's fault. Rolling Eyes

Did you finish school LD? You're coming across as very dim right now. I was responding directly to your claim that he would get a DC at another region. So yes of course that is to do with he WRU. I don't blame the WRU solely for the Dragons' plight. I blame them for regional rugby, the inequities they allowed by being so weak at inception (allowing 2 standalone and forcing 3 mergers). THEY did that so they have to take the responsibility for it.

I agree with this, the WRU did feck everything up to start with. But we are where we are now.

Also, I could not imagine Peter Thomas letting a player like Faletau leave Cardiff Blues, he would at least throw money at him to keep him there, which shows the difference in ambition from one region to another.

Like the money he threw and Jamie Roberts and Leigh Halfpenny?

Stumped.

Again can I point out we do NOT have two multi millionaire backers. And also FYI it's the unions prerogative to sign players on NDC's. Faletau was offered one - so this here seems to contradict what you've said (when you aren't already contradicting yourself).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:44 pm

LordDowlais wrote:

I do not understand it, as before regionalism, Newport were signing players like Gary Tiechmann and Percy Montgomery, and they had a host of Welsh internationals in the side, now though, it's as long a we stay as we are attitude.

My point is that you think we're not going in for players just because they don't come. That's like saying the winning dog in a greyhound race was the only one chasing the rabbit.

I don't remember Newport having a host of Welsh internationals.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:53 pm

OK, let's take this back a bit. Perhaps I have said things and have been too close to the bone with it, I apologise.

So I will put it back to the hardened supporters on here, what are you optimistic about as regards to Dragons and the future for the region ?

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:56 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I do not understand it, as before regionalism, Newport were signing players like Gary Tiechmann and Percy Montgomery, and they had a host of Welsh internationals in the side, now though, it's as long a dee stay as we are attitude.

I'm glad you mentioned that, because you've proven my point. Tony Brown was involved then and, much like Thomas, he had millions to invest. The current board hasn't so we cannot sign the type of player that the Blues are doing. THAT's where the difference is. It's not a lack of ambition. It's stating a blatant difference in available resources. And it's not a victim mentality. It's simple maths. The easy answer is to get a millionaire backer in. I.e. A super mega rich one. But they're not exactly growing on trees.

I understand that, but the other regions are doing a lot better, Ospreys and Scarlets do not have multi-millionaire backers, they have millionaire backers with a lot more ambition. Unless Dragons get this I cannot see a bright future for them.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 5:58 pm

LordDowlais wrote:OK, let's take this back a bit. Perhaps I have said things and have been too close to the bone with it, I apologise.

So I will put it back to the hardened supporters on here, what are you optimistic about as regards to Dragons and the future for the region ?

I'm relatively optimistic as we're seeing for the first time in a while a number of players emerging from the academy and regional semi pro clubs that are able to step up to regional level and even international. That's better than in the past.

Could I counter that with a question of my own? What is it you're optimistic about with the Blues? Is it your owners impending spending spree?

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:00 pm

LordDowlais wrote:OK, let's take this back a bit. Perhaps I have said things and have been too close to the bone with it, I apologise.

We have some talented young players coming through. We've played some good rugby in the last couple of seasons, albeit sporadically. The NWQ we've brought in have been good signings (I know you disagree on some of them). I think a lot of the raw materials are there, but we need coaches who know how to turn those raw ingredients into a consistently competitive side. We don't have those at the moment, and that's where I'd start.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:02 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

I understand that, but the other regions are doing a lot better, Ospreys and Scarlets do not have multi-millionaire backers, they have millionaire backers with a lot more ambition. Unless Dragons get this I cannot see a bright future for them.

What if, heaven forbid, Thomas walked away tomorrow or died and his family didn't want to keep ploughing money into the Blues? You'd then be going for big players and not getting them as you'd have no additional source of money. Would that be lack of ambition? Thomas tops up the Blues, and that's great for them. Happy days. But to say a club without a Millionaire sugar daddy lacks ambition in comparison is just plain daft.

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:05 pm

Agreeing with everything LP and Griff are saying

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:09 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

My point is that you think we're not going in for players just because they don't come. That's like saying the winning dog in a greyhound race was the only one chasing the rabbit.

I don't remember Newport having a host of Welsh internationals.

I remember players like Shane Howerth, Andy Marinos, Ian Gough, Dai Llewellyn, Hal Luscombe, Peter Rogers, Chris Wyatt, Gareth Wyatt, and last but not least, Jason Jones Hughes. Those are just off the top of my head from circa 1999-2003.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:11 pm

Griff wrote:

I'm relatively optimistic as we're seeing for the first time in a while a number of players emerging from the academy and regional semi pro clubs that are able to step up to regional level and even international. That's better than in the past.

Could I counter that with a question of my own? What is it you're optimistic about with the Blues? Is it your owners impending spending spree?

Yes, the spending spree, along with a coach who seems to know what he is doing, not like the rubbish we have had since Dai Young has gone.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:19 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

Yes, the spending spree, along with a coach who seems to know what he is doing, not like the rubbish we have had since Dai Young has gone.

So if you didn't have a sugar daddy at the Blues, what would you be looking forward to?

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:21 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:

What if, heaven forbid, Thomas walked away tomorrow or died and his family didn't want to keep ploughing money into the Blues? You'd then be going for big players and not getting them as you'd have no additional source of money. Would that be lack of ambition? Thomas tops up the Blues, and that's great for them. Happy days. But to say a club without a Millionaire sugar daddy lacks ambition in comparison is just plain daft

A lot of what ifs in there Griff. But facts are money is being spent, and like Thomas or not, he clearly loves Cardiff and he clearly has ambition and he is matching the teams ambition by sinking money into it. The Cardiff region is clearly more ambitious than the Newport region.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:22 pm

Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

So if you didn't have a sugar daddy at the Blues, what would you be looking forward to?

Nothing, I would more than likely be saying the same thing about Cardiff as I am about Dragons, but it is a moot point, because your scenario is not reality.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 6:36 pm

LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:
LordDowlais wrote:
Griff wrote:

Nothing, I would more than likely be saying the same thing about Cardiff as I am about Dragons, but it is a moot point, because your scenario is not reality.

It's not a moot point because I'm arguing with your whole premise of what constitutes ambition. Unfortunately I need to use hypotheticals for you to understand it. So here's another one:

If Billionnaire Terry Matthews bought the dragons tomorrow and starts to offer players £1 million a year to play for us then we'd beat the Blues to the signings of a lot of players. According to your logic that would then demonstrate a lack of ambition from the Blues region, when in reality it is instead a matter of economics. When Bath beat us to the signing of Charteris, it was probably economics (with a bit of personal desire to try the English prem and play in the CC).. If we didn't try to sign him at all then that would be a lack of ambition. Big difference.

Of course you could say that the Blues missing out on Halfpenny (if rumours are to be believed) is a lack of ambition too. As was failing to lure Roberts home. But I, for one, know that not to be the case.

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Fri 22 Jan 2016, 7:08 pm

Firstly, let me point a fact out to you, I am not arguing with you, I am giving an opinion, you are doing all the arguing, and insulting.

All your points are folly, you are using fantasy situations that are not worth the screen they are typed on because you are dealing in what ifs.

Let's use facts, Cardiff Blues are the poorest performing Welsh region, they finished bottom out of all four regions last season, and this season they have under achieved, both domestically and in Europe, they are trying to address this, that gives me optimism.

Dragons on the other hand are now falling behind again in the pecking order, and there is nothing of note being done to address this, that is what shows a distinct lack of ambition to me, I do not care how you try and dress it up, the Dragon hierarchy are happy with the status quo, the fans deserve better, the Welsh rugby supporting public deserve better.

The city of Newport have been given the very esteemed privalage of having one of only four of the pro sides in Wales, why should they be allowed to just exist ? They have a responsibility to the city, the county, the region,the country and mostly the fans to do be doing better, if the limit of their ambition is to just exist, and never amount to anything, then questions should be asked.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Fri 22 Jan 2016, 7:21 pm

How are blues ambitious? Telling the press you want to sign Roberts and halfpenny is not ambitious, its just stupid because you end up with egg on your face when they both reject you. Blues signings are a prop too unfit for Toulon, a prop who cant get in the Saracens team and a fly half who plays in the English championship. Their best young talent is moving to west wales.

Its only a matter of time before the dragons come good, they have huge representation ay age grade rugby and a few more signings of landman and Pretorius quality and they'll do well. Dragons have had little investment compared to the other regions its no surprise its taken a while to get things together

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Fri 22 Jan 2016, 7:35 pm

A few Cardiff players could be shifting East in the summer apparently, according to the Fail bloke on twitter. No names yet mind ewe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 7:39 pm

I'm blue enough after last night's performance

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jan 2016, 8:04 pm

LordDowlais wrote:Firstly, let me point a fact out to you, I am not arguing with you, I am giving an opinion, you are doing all the arguing, and insulting.

All your points are folly, you are using fantasy situations that are not worth the screen they are typed on because you are dealing in what ifs.

Let's use facts, Cardiff Blues are the poorest performing Welsh region, they finished bottom out of all four regions last season, and this season they have under achieved, both domestically and in Europe, they are trying to address this, that gives me optimism.

Dragons on the other hand are now falling behind again in the pecking order, and there is nothing of note being done to address this, that is what shows a distinct lack of ambition to me, I do not care how you try and dress it up, the Dragon hierarchy are happy with the status quo, the fans deserve better, the Welsh rugby supporting public deserve better.

The city of Newport have been given the very esteemed privalage of having one of only four of the pro sides in Wales, why should they be allowed to just exist ? They have a responsibility to the city, the county, the region,the country and mostly the fans to do be doing better, if the limit of their ambition is to just exist, and never amount to anything, then questions should be asked.

Where's you evidence for this? You've just made this up based on your own suppositions.

I very much doubt anyone in sport, especially in pro sport, lacks ambition. They get into it because they crave the glory that comes from owning, coaching, playing at a club that wins something, and they strive for that each week. They wouldn't do it otherwise. You are suggesting that the Dragons do not want to win games, do not want to win trophies and do not want to finish higher up the table. I challenge you to find one single person employed by the dragons, sits on the board, plays for the dragons or who supports the dragons who does not want any of those things. Who are they? You name the people with lack of ambition seeing as you're so sure that they exist. I get the feeling you don't understand the meaning of the word.

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Fri 22 Jan 2016, 8:47 pm

Both comical and well informed, in a single post.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Fri 22 Jan 2016, 11:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
Griff wrote:Rubbish LD. Don't back track. It's clear your gripe is with the Dragons only. And now we're pressing you on it you're trying to change your tune. Truth is, bar the awesome 'achievement' of the O's making the quarters occasionally we'll ALL making up the numbers to varying degrees. This is not just a Dragons problem.

Yep. Bell end was about right.

Isn't he just? Every single post is just ill informed ignorant sh5te. You couldn't beat sense into him with a spade.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:29 am

True Raven wrote:How are blues ambitious?  Telling the press you want to sign Roberts and halfpenny is not ambitious, its just stupid because you end up with egg on your face when they both reject you.  Blues signings are a prop too unfit for Toulon, a prop who cant get in the Saracens team and a fly half who plays in the English championship.  Their best young talent is moving to west wales.

Well said. The problem with reading the Western Mail / Wales Online too much is that you'll start to believe their Blues-puffing.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by True Raven Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:35 am

I don't understand how anyone can say the blues are going forward and the dragons backwards after watching them both play over the Christmas period. If it wasn't for a moment of madness from Lewis Evans, they dragons would have won that comfortably and deservedly.

True Raven

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sat 23 Jan 2016, 8:38 am

Don't remind me. Crying or Very sad

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:43 am

Let's look at it this way.

Three pro teams have had no WRU ownership.

Two pro teams have. One is defunct, the other spinning it's wheels.

Only an utter madman would invest the kind of sums required to be 'ambitious' in professional rugby, in an enterprise owned 50% by an organisation that consistently and regularly works to contradict the success of that enterprise.
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 23 Jan 2016, 2:57 pm

True Raven wrote:I don't understand how anyone can say the blues are going forward and the dragons backwards after watching them both play over the Christmas period.  If it wasn't for a moment of madness from Lewis Evans, they dragons would have won that comfortably and deservedly.

Don't forget about Messiah Tom James too!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 23 Jan 2016, 3:03 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Let's look at it this way.

Only an utter madman would invest the kind of sums required to be 'ambitious' in professional rugby, in an enterprise owned 50% by an organisation that consistently and regularly works to contradict the success of that enterprise.

It would be nice if we did have a Sir willing to do so though. And didn't the WRU buy their half for a pound? They could sell it to him for a pound and we'd be sorted then...

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 5:54 pm

Knockout rugby from now on Dregs fans, so anything can happen. Who you got in the quarters?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:01 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:Don't remind me. Crying or Very sad

OK. Very Happy

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Stone Motif Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:15 pm

Cardiff Dave wrote:Knockout rugby from now on Dregs fans, so anything can happen. Who you got in the quarters?

What's with all this Dregs all of a sudden Dave? Been lurking on Gwlad or something?
Stone Motif
Stone Motif

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:15 pm

True Raven wrote:I don't understand how anyone can say the blues are going forward and the dragons backwards after watching them both play over the Christmas period.  If it wasn't for a moment of madness from Lewis Evans, they dragons would have won that comfortably and deservedly.

Wise words mate. There again it does look as if Cardiff have plans for the future.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:23 pm

Stone Motif wrote:
Cardiff Dave wrote:Knockout rugby from now on Dregs fans, so anything can happen. Who you got in the quarters?

What's with all this Dregs all of a sudden Dave?  Been lurking on Gwlad or something?

Nope. Depends what mood i'm in I guess. Term of endearment anyways and i've used it before many times.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 6:50 pm

Stone Motif wrote:Let's look at it this way.

So what's the way forward for the Rodney Parade outfit? Shooting the board was suggested on twitter plus lots of additional moaning and groaning.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm

Gloucester away then. Enjoy.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sat 23 Jan 2016, 10:25 pm

On current form it won't be pretty! But aren't the quarters some time away from now?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Sun 24 Jan 2016, 7:46 am

At least there'll be a decent number of travelling fans at Kingsholm - unless of course they schedule it for a Thursday...

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:03 am

Cardiff Dave wrote:Gloucester away then. Enjoy.

I certainly will, always a great atmosphere at Kingsholm and have a some good friends who are shed heads. So whilst the 80 minutes may not be pretty I will certainly enjoy the before and after. As long, as some mentioned it is a Thursday night game.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 8:16 am

Looking forward to going along.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:20 pm

I reckon I will be going. I enjoyed the Shed five years ago. Typically the game is scheduled for the weekend I am on shift (Thur and Fri days and Sat, Sun nights), so hopefully it will work out that I don't have to use too much leave up to watch them. I did fancy taking the train this time rather than the coach.

Saturday or even Sunday would be decent so I can just take the nights off work. Plus a day on the stowford would be lovely.

Lyn is fairly pleased by the sounds, as we should have some key players back like James Thomas, Dorian, Dixon and Morgan. I would love for us to be full strength and then we can see how far away from them we are.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:28 pm

On that form though we'll need to start with Stankovich and Knight, and hope none of them go off early.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 9:50 pm

I would always start Boris. In this game, I would probably start Knight as he will have a point to prove there and so I would give him a shot. He also has to start Dee from now on in.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:18 pm

Yes he most certainly does, along with reinstating Landman as captain.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by RiscaGame Sun 24 Jan 2016, 10:26 pm

Lyn also said about Coombs, who I forgot to mention. Though, Coombs is going to have to go some to replace Hill or Screech as they have both been playing pretty well.

Landman is a must for captain yes. It annoys me when I read that we chose TRT, just because he is Welsh.

RiscaGame

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 24 Jan 2016, 11:15 pm

Coombs is back row (6) for me, we can't afford to be more under powered in the tight 5 (which is why I was originally for the signing of someone like Hoeata). If they believe Screech to be that good why don't they start him more often?

Yes, I think TRT is decent but Dee is as good around the field and a slightly better thrower to the lineout. TRT has been having a torrid time with throw-ins lately.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 25 Jan 2016, 5:44 am

As much as I don't normally like Sunday games for this one to fit in with my work I am hoping we do get the Sunday fixture.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by GavinDragon Mon 25 Jan 2016, 11:19 am

Whoever is LH may end up facing young Welsh and ex-osprey Nicky Thomas, who has had a run of games after injuries to Glos first choice TH's.

What I would give for us to be able to have that level of depth.

Think we will be smashed, but it will be a good day out.

GavinDragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next