The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+13
rIck_dAgless
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
superflyweight
Union Cane
ShahenshahG
Pal Joey
Alistair
Dr Shoe
Mind the windows Tino.
seanmichaels
JuliusHMarx
Rowley
17 posters

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Guest Mon 21 Sep 2015, 9:49 am

First topic message reminder :

seanmichaels wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'm trying to help Sean, genuinely believe eliminating such phrases from your vocabulary might assist you.

I am very polite in real life. Helped a blind lady on a train yesterday.
She wanted to get into a taxi though

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:27 am

ShahenshahG wrote:I once attended a wedding in pakistan proper.
I get invited to a lot of Indian ones by clients Shah, would be interested to go one day, the cost of the flight to Delhi tends to put me off though.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 7 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:31 am

Who would have thought Jules was baseball great Yogi Berra.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:38 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Who would have thought Jules was baseball great Yogi Berra.
He's smarter than the average Berra

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:39 am

Cricket friend went to a proper Bollywood wedding over the summer. It wasn't in India but the guy or bird was A-list. Think Tendulkar etc were there. Will try find the name

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:41 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Who would have thought Jules was baseball great Yogi Berra.

Jules would not play for the Yankees, he is not that obvious.

Interesting bit of baseball trivia. The New York Yankees do not allow any of their players to have beards.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:46 am

seanmichaels wrote:Cricket friend went to a proper Bollywood wedding over the summer. It wasn't in India but the guy or bird was A-list. Think Tendulkar etc were there. Will try find the name

This was the one. Never heard of them.... http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2015-06-18/news/63568122_1_sangeet-gauri-khan-manish-malhotra

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:48 am

Perhaps he's one of the Bay City Rollers? He's absent as he's away rehearsing?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:51 am

Alistair wrote:Perhaps he's one of the Bay City Rollers? He's absent as he's away rehearsing?

If I had to make a call I think Jules would likely be Gary Richrath http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:55 am

seanmichaels wrote:
Alistair wrote:Perhaps he's one of the Bay City Rollers? He's absent as he's away rehearsing?

If I had to make a call I think Jules would likely be Gary Richrath http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/obituaries/

He's been on since then.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 11:59 am

Minor detail.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:25 pm

Rowley wrote:

Jules would not play for the Yankees, he is not that obvious.

Interesting bit of baseball trivia. The New York Yankees do not allow any of their players to have beards.

Perhaps he is the boss of Volkswagen then.

Why don't they allow beards?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:29 pm

Not sure Tina, think they just want to project a clean cut image. They are generally a bit like that, like Baseball starts and ends with the Yankees. Had some great players and teams, but horrible celebrity team. They are like Man Utd without the redeeming features.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:31 pm

Rowley wrote:Not sure Tina, think they just want to project a clean cut image. They are generally a bit like that, like Baseball starts and ends with the Yankees. Had some great players and teams, but horrible celebrity team. They are like Man Utd without the redeeming features.

Seems a bit ridiculous in this day and age.

Beards used to the domain of peados, vegans, Bill Oddie and feminists. Now everyone has one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:35 pm

Tend to agree. I have no intention of shaving, I don't care what contract they offer me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:40 pm

Think Jules would be more of a Blue Jays fan. Don't quote me on it. Just a gut feeling I have.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

I'd go for the Red Sox, got a bit of history and a proper traditional club without being the horrible Yankees.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:42 pm

The Loaded Dog wrote:Think Jules would be more of a Blue Jays fan. Don't quote me on it. Just a gut feeling I have.

Pretty sure he lived in Canada for a while so you could be right, LD.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:43 pm

Good paying attention/stalking skills Tina.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

Cheers Jeff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:Think Jules would be more of a Blue Jays fan. Don't quote me on it. Just a gut feeling I have.

Pretty sure he lived in Canada for a while so you could be right, LD.

He simply adores the Montreal Canadiens I believe.
This is why I'm not so sure about following a baseball team from Toronto.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:45 pm

Something weird is going on here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:46 pm

He might still be an Expos fans, one of those guys who just can't accept the franchise has closed and shift his allegience. That touching but slightly sad mixture of loyalty and pig headedness.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 23 Sep 2015, 12:51 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Something weird is going on here.

Such as?

Yes Jeff, he must feel a little disenfranchised if he were indeed an Expos fan.

I shouldn't have had that piece of hummingbird cake. Feeling drowsy now.
Don't know whether I should have a nap and record the Scotland-Japan match then wake up at 01:10 for the 2nd one. What a dilemma.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:16 pm

Something weird is always going on... But what specifically?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:17 pm

Afternoon chaps

Belated Happy 5000, Rick.

Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:18 pm

Missed it, do you want me to delete a couple of comments Rick so you can mark it with slightly more ceremony?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:28 pm

Where's Galted?

Spoiler:

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:29 pm

Cheers Union!

Didn't even notice, cheers anyway Jeff but would be too contrived now, and congratulating a queen mum based anecdote is not too bad a way, I will bukc up the old ideas for 6000...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:33 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Where's Galted?

Spoiler:

l*l

Far left. Bloke with the big lens.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:51 pm

Rowley wrote:I'd go for the Red Sox, got a bit of history and a proper traditional club without being the horrible Yankees.

I was given a Red Sox shirt on my recent weekend in Boston - I was a bit worried someone would ask me a baseball-related question when they saw me wearing it but I steered clear of this potential awkwardness by avoiding eye-contact with strangers and people I wasn't sure were strangers.

This weekend formed part of the same holiday in which I was given my "I don't speak Icelandic" (in Icelandic) t-shirt so that's 2 t-shirts for free on the same holiday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Galted wrote:
Rowley wrote:I'd go for the Red Sox, got a bit of history and a proper traditional club without being the horrible Yankees.

I was given a Red Sox shirt on my recent weekend in Boston - I was a bit worried someone would ask me a baseball-related question when they saw me wearing it but I steered clear of this potential awkwardness by avoiding eye-contact with strangers and people I wasn't sure were strangers.

This weekend formed part of the same holiday in which I was given my "I don't speak Icelandic" (in Icelandic) t-shirt so that's 2 t-shirts for free on the same holiday.

Do Baseball tops traditionally go with Hi-Tecs?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:53 pm

Alistair wrote:
Galted wrote:

Does anything?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:56 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Alistair wrote:
Galted wrote:

Does anything?

Khaki.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Wed 23 Sep 2015, 1:58 pm

Is anyone following the Tyson Fury press conference. How can anyone not love Tyson?

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:00 pm

Alistair wrote:
Galted wrote:

Probably or probably not, I'm not sure.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

Galted wrote:
Alistair wrote:
Galted wrote:

Probably or probably not, I'm not sure.

I was asking for the fashion conscious among us.

And sean.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:02 pm

Galted wrote:

Great story Galted, great story. Your seemingly endless supply of T shirt related zingers is a gift that keeps on giving. The Red Sox's ground Fenway Park features at the end of the Ben Affleck directed film The Town. You can have that one on me in case anybody else questions you when you've got the t shirt on.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:06 pm

Rowley wrote:
Galted wrote:

Great story Galted, great story. Your seemingly endless supply of T shirt related zingers is a gift that keeps on giving. The Red Sox's ground Fenway Park features at the end of the Ben Affleck directed film The Town. You can have that one on me in case anybody else questions you when you've got the t shirt on.

It's also only 20ft above sea level.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:13 pm

Nice one, Jeff, I shall remember that. I quite liked The Town.

I do think of you whenever I receive something for free.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:13 pm

My Dad is a Yankees fan Rowley so I'm disappointed in your description of them as the Man Utd of baseball and the team celebrities choose to follow.

I think he started following them when he was teaching at Cornell University but I guess there are other teams as close (the Mets obviously) but my US geography is poor.

He was born in Barrow-in-Furness so I can't believe it's a fashion related fanship.

By the way what are Man Utd's redeeming features?

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:15 pm

Adam D wrote:Is anyone following the Tyson Fury press conference. How can anyone not love Tyson?

Will watch it later, always good value in a Fury presser.

Has he called Wlad a 'sh*thouse c*nt' yet?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:16 pm

I thought it was funny. The guy isn't wired up normally.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:18 pm

Hibbz wrote:
By the way what are Man Utd's redeeming features?

They honestly don't have any.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:21 pm

WTF? He came in dressed as batman?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:23 pm

seanmichaels wrote:WTF? He came in dressed as batman?

Ran around the room.

Fought 'The Joker'.

Left, came back in his suit, said he was late due to traffic.

Vlad called him a clown. Tyson lost it.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:31 pm

Make him think you are crazy.

It worked for Clay...
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:34 pm

Clay Matthews?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:35 pm

Cerys Matthews?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:36 pm

Could be? I'm not sure, this could be a case for Mulder & Scully.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 23 Sep 2015, 2:37 pm

i'd do Cerys if she promised not to get all weird and hippyish afterwards.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 13 ... 20  Next