The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

End of Joubert's international career ?

+25
Tattie Scones RRN
Hammersmith harrier
Heuer27
cakeordeath
Mr Fishpaste
BamBam
SecretFly
mikey_dragon
brennomac
TJ
goneagain
Allty
eirebilly
GLove39
fa0019
Biltong
temporary21
Notch
Cyril
majesticimperialman
R!skysports
funnyExiledScot
RuggerRadge2611
No9
29 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should Craig Joubert referee another International Test match.

End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap47%End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 47% 
[ 22 ]
End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap53%End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 53% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 47

End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Empty End of Joubert's international career ?

Post by No9 Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

Do you think this is the last we see of Craig Joubert on the international scene..

Poll being simply Yes or No.. But feel free to add comments to back up your vote...

No9

Back to top Go down

End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of Joubert's international career ?

Post by cakeordeath Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:31 pm

RuggerRadge2611 wrote:
BamBam wrote:Throwing a lion amongst the pigeons, World Rugby are

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/34576756

This means nothing. It's not as if Australia will be stripped of the three points and IMO they shouldn't be either.

Speaking for myself I  would settle for an apology from Joubert and world rugby though.

I am almost madder at that statement, if true, than the decision. What does this achieve. We lost. Suck it up and move on. Of course we are all entitled to a gripe, but that should never turn into playground name calling

cakeordeath

Back to top Go down

End of Joubert's international career ? - Page 2 Empty Re: End of Joubert's international career ?

Post by Heuer27 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:32 pm

I think world rugby has answered this thread question with that statement talk about throwing him under a fast moving bus full of Scotland players.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:35 pm

TJ wrote:I think it was the crowd myself - tens of thousands baying and booing

He's in the wrong job then if that bothers him so much, pathetic excuse for a pathetic action.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:35 pm

For those of you who stand in judgement of Craig Joubert and calling him pargetic, cowardly, a cheat and what not, I do hope that you don't like in glass houses as I find your judgements absolutely lacking any class whatsoever.

I get that you are upset, but for those of you who now stand in judgement and stood in judgement of SA posters when they vented their disappointment 4 years agom you should be ashamed of yourselves.

Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:39 pm

http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/13924869/craig-joubert-awarded-scrum-australia-not-penalty-scotland-world-rugby

Last edited by mikey_dragon on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Biltong wrote:For those of you who stand in judgement of Craig Joubert and calling him pargetic, cowardly, a cheat and what not, I do hope that you don't like in glass houses as I find your judgements absolutely lacking any class whatsoever.

I get that you are upset, but for those of you who now stand in judgement and stood in judgement of SA posters when they vented their disappointment 4 years agom you should be ashamed of yourselves.

It's not his performance that has led to the accusations but his decision to flee the pitch, if you can give a genuine reason for why that, in our sport, is acceptable then I would be more than happy to take back my comments. What I would say is that if Matt Giteau had booted the ball of the pitch and then charged up the tunnel and in the process failed to acknowledge his opponents, would you be so forgiving?

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:42 pm

World Rugby have announced he was wrong to award the penalty but remains 'a world class referee'.

Mmmmmmmm.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:45 pm

It seems that the early exit is a convenient excuse to call for his head after the initial outrage over the penalty decision. All the calls of 'why didn't he use TMO' became untenable once the rules of it's use were understood.
As for the statement by WR, that's just outrageous. Are we now to expect every refereeing error to be exposed with chapter and verse from the rule book?

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Tattie Scones RRN wrote:World Rugby have announced he was wrong to award the penalty but remains 'a world class referee'.

Mmmmmmmm.

So there are no world class referees then?

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Heuer27 Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:48 pm

I suspect that we will hear some sort of official statement from Joubert that he is retiring from international rugby now.
It's the only way I can fathom world rugby issuing that statement.

Heuer27

Back to top Go down

Post by Tattie Scones RRN Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:49 pm

I wouldn't use the term 'world class'. There are competent referees and there's Joubert.

Tattie Scones RRN

Back to top Go down

Post by goneagain Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:54 pm

Good answer. Problem is that competence is never universally agreed.

goneagain

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanster Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:10 pm

It does smack of Allan Rolland around social media right now,

As bad a decision it was, as poor an action sprinting from the field to not face the players was, this furore may be a determinant in the end of what i a young mans career.

For that I sympathise with Joubert, I've never been a fan, but not sure 'stepping down' is the way he needs to be dealt with.

We al have those freeze moments professionally, we've all made that blunder at work where we sit at home all night and fret about the consequences, his has just come in front of a million fans.

Fanster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:36 pm

SecretFly wrote:

But I don't get how this run-away has turned into the big event.  He wasn't wanted and he knew it.

Because for some it is an excuse to continue to throw Poopie at the man while denying that it has anything to do with bitterness over the defeat.

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:49 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

But I don't get how this run-away has turned into the big event.  He wasn't wanted and he knew it.

Because for some it is an excuse to continue to throw Poopie at the man while denying that it has anything to do with bitterness over the defeat.
Fuzzy, if the criticism ALL came from within Scotland that could be true, yet it has come from all over the WORLD, including from the country that gained the most.

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:12 pm

wayne wrote:
Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Fuzzy, if the criticism ALL came from within Scotland that could be true

Well you've certainly set the threshold high. Shocked

Some criticism is coming from elsewhere, true. There's plenty of examples of that on this thread alone. However from my time on other boards, social media, reddit, etc. the overwhelming majority is coming from Scottish posters. Of course this is hardly an accurate survey and my experience could be completely different from yours.

Back to top Go down

Post by TJ Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:25 pm

Fuzzy Dunlop wrote:
SecretFly wrote:

Have a read of the game thread. Not much bitterness. Most of accept that it was the bolloxed restarts and lineouts that really cost us..Most ( but not all)of the really critical folk are not scots

TJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:54 pm

I have said numerous times,  I'll say it again anyway,  we made too many errors and let Australia score too many tries. We cocked up 3 restarts and made a horror show of THAT line out.

You can't win a test match making so many mistakes.

Equally Craig Joubert cannot be a top match referee making so many mistakes either.

Professional sports is results driven, the men in the middle are no exception. It's not the first time he has courted controversy either. It does feel he has been hung out to dry by his employer though.
RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:57 pm

Despite my criticism of Joubert's conduct, which I stand by, he's been hung out to dry here, he's a bad referee and there's no way he'll be able to even nearly referee a match in a competent manner after his performance has been publicly criticised by his employers, in effect World Rugby have announced that the result is invalid. If he comes back from this and puts in a decent performance I'd be hugely surprised.

Back to top Go down

Post by sportform Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:11 pm

It was a difficult decision to give on the pitch. A much easier decision to make on tv. The bigger question should be should TMO be used for all possibly scoring incidents, ie for tries and penalties and nothing else.

Last edited by sportform on Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
sportform
sportform

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:13 pm

Real time he made a sensible decision, it looks damning without slow mo. Without TMO hes well and truly without a prayer there, hes on the wrong side of where it happened.

Agree re the running down the tunnel being a convention way to stay angry at him, and a lot of this lacking any sense of perspective.

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:19 pm

Sack him - he is a cheating tool !
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by temporary21 Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:21 pm

Just modify the rule to be allowed to check for match hinging moments I guess.
Losing sight really, it was still a Scottish infringement in any case

temporary21

Back to top Go down

Post by 123456789. Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:38 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Sack him - he is a cheating tool !

Come on, I'm on your side but what he did was bad enough without throwing in unfounded allegations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2