The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

+22
Hazel Sapling
Seagultaf
maestegmafia
jimbopip
doctor_grey
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
BigGee
VinceWLB
RDW
Eejit
cakeordeath
nathan
Welly
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
nickj
sensisball
LondonTiger
26 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Empty Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:23 am

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Glasgo12              Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Scarle11
Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Saturday 12 November 2015
KO: 13:00
Scotstoun Quagmire, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / beIN Sports

Referee Mathieu Raynal (France)
Touch Judge 1 Sebastien Minery (France)
Touch Judge 2 Thomas Dejean (France)
Fourth Official Don MacPherson (Scotland)
TMO Vincent Azoulay (France)

A. European Head to Head

4 Played 4
0 Wins 4
4 Losses 0
0 Draws 0
71 Points 146

B. Recent Form

Sat 5 September 2015
Glasgow Warriors 10 - 16 Scarlets

Fri 9 January 2015
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

Fri 21 November 2014
Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors
Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Scotch11
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Peter Horne
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Duncan Weir
9. Mike Blair

1. Ryan Grant
2. James Malcolm
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
6. Josh Strauss
7. Simone Favaro
8. Adam Ashe

16. Shalva Mamukashvili
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Tim Swinson
20. Rob Harley
21. Grayson Hart
22. Finn Russell
23. Sean Lamont

Scarlets
Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Welsh-10
15 Steff Evans
14 Harry Robinson*
13 Regan King*
12 Gareth Owen
11 Michael Tagicakibau*
10 Steve Shingler
9 Gareth Davies*

1 Phil John
2 Emyr Phillips* [c]
3 Rhodri Jones*
4 George Earle
5 Tom Price
6 Lewis Rawlins
7 Tom Phillips
8 Morgan Allen

16 Kirby Myhill
17 Dylan Evans
18 Samson Lee
19 Maselino Paulino
20 Jack Condy
21 Rhodri Williams*
22 Aled Thomas
23 Michael Collins

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by Eejit Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:15 am

The sexiest pictures yet GC.

Eejit

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by LondonTiger Sun 06 Dec 2015, 11:25 am

Gut took one bite from the Scotch pie and the cholesterol overload generated a massive MI.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 06 Dec 2015, 2:22 pm

Not looking forward to this one bit.   Both teams playing for nothing.  Barcs and DTH will come back and feckin haunt us too.  Think I've got a dose of SAD due to lack of decent rugby - although watching Wasps v Chiefs yesterday cheered me up no end Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 06 Dec 2015, 4:26 pm

How did Moray Low do? Ditto Rhuaridh?

I disagree with you on the "playing for nothing " front. IF we beat Scaahhletts home and away then the trip to Franklin Gardens is effectively a second place play off, assuming Racing win the group, so Saturday is a must win for us.

On a tangential note; Young Pipetto is in the huff. His team played Colchester today and he played out of his skin. We told him afterwards he has found his natural position, but it's not centre (where he was picked) but as a marauding seven. He blanched with fear and cried, "I'm not playing in the scrum....ever"

Oh yes he is. Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December 3513163098

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 7:38 am

Our record against the Scarlets really is crap, isn't it?
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:45 am

jimbopip wrote:How did Moray Low do? Ditto Rhuaridh?

I disagree with you on the "playing for nothing " front. IF we beat Scaahhletts home and away then the trip to Franklin Gardens is effectively a second place play off, assuming Racing win the group, so Saturday is a must win for us.

On a tangential note; Young Pipetto is in the huff. His team played Colchester today and he played out of his skin. We told him afterwards he has found his natural position, but it's not centre (where he was picked) but as a marauding seven. He blanched with fear and cried, "I'm not playing in the scrum....ever"

Oh yes he is. Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December 3513163098

Back row vs centre?? He sounds like a young Richie Vernon.....

I don't think this is a nothing to play for game at all. If Glasgow do the business against the Scarlets home and away then they are right in this group. Racing won't be comfortable at Scotstoun.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:48 am

Fes, has the second under butler hacked your account? You've been talking a lot of sense recently: as in you show an increasing tendency to agree with either Schiz or myself.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:52 am

jimbopip wrote:Fes, has the second under butler hacked your account? You've been talking a lot of sense recently: as in you show an increasing tendency to agree with either Schiz or myself.

Perhaps, but never both at the same time. That would be a clear sign of madness!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 8:57 am

Apparently it took a week before that young Daniel Cartwright feller had the slightest clue what was happening at Racing training sessions. Here's hoping that he's still on 'learning' time when we come to face off. Hopefully Finn Russell will be taking notes from him.

Jim - tell Pipetto that openside is the best position ever. You can never be out of position, you can cheat like a trust-fund 6 year old at Snap and you don't have to stick your head between two arses. Not unless you wish to do so recreationally, of course. Too soon. Bygones.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:00 am

George Carlin wrote:Apparently it took a week before that young Daniel Cartwright feller had the slightest clue what was happening at Racing training sessions. Here's hoping that he's still on 'learning' time when we come to face off. Hopefully Finn Russell will be taking notes from him.

Jim - tell Pipetto that openside is the best position ever. You can never be out of position, you can cheat like a trust-fund 6 year old at Snap and you don't have to stick your head between two arses. Not unless you wish to do so recreationally, of course. Too soon. Bygones.

laughing

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Dec 2015, 9:51 am

Just got my Pro 12 Champs book from Mrs Schiz as an early Crimbo prezzie. She really has pushed the boat out this year (@£15.99 Shocked ) - last year was a Ramones t-shirt and the year before it was an Aerosmith t-shirt. Although she cunningly gave me a mini i-pad to give back to her as I already had one.
Anyway I see on p92 I am pictured with me big oppo Kev amongst the flag waving throng in the east (?) stand Belfast. Carer, Mrs Schiz and Carer-in law all obscured by flags laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:00 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Just got my Pro 12 Champs book from Mrs Schiz as an early Crimbo prezzie.    She really has pushed the boat out this year (@£15.99 Shocked ) - last year was a Ramones t-shirt and the year before it was an Aerosmith t-shirt.   Although she cunningly gave me a mini i-pad to give back to her as I already had one.
Anyway I see on p92 I am pictured with me big oppo Kev amongst the flag waving throng in the east (?) stand Belfast.   Carer, Mrs Schiz and Carer-in law all obscured by flags laughing  
Carer and Mrs Schiz being different people? chin
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:08 am

GC, I am referring of course to my wee bro. carer and not to Mrs Schiz as she has more than enough on her plate keeping the gaff in some semblance of sanity ! Jimbo, Bru and our absent buddy ASBO can all testify to this dynamic Cool Very Happy Cool

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:38 am

jimbopip wrote:How did Moray Low do? Ditto Rhuaridh?

Jackson not playing and Moray Low went over for the Chiefs last try (6). He played well and is getting a good run in the team. Top of the league now Very Happy ASBO's mental pub will be very happy if they noticed this while firefighting with the dog !!! Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Dec 2015, 10:48 am

Pleased that Low is going well at Exeter. He'll go straight onto the Scotland bench if he shows any glimmering signs of competence.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 07 Dec 2015, 11:23 am

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:GC, I am referring of course to my wee bro. carer and not to Mrs Schiz as she has more than enough on her plate keeping the gaff in some semblance of sanity !  Jimbo, Bru and our absent buddy ASBO can all testify to this dynamic Cool Very Happy Cool

GC, re the family resemblance between Schiz and Carer. Think hyperactive whippet and lugubrious St Bernard. With Mary Poppins, after a Gok Wan makeover, tut- tutting in the background.

Although you'll be hard pushed to find better company to go to a game with. RedWine  guinness

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Mon 07 Dec 2015, 12:55 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:GC, I am referring of course to my wee bro. carer and not to Mrs Schiz as she has more than enough on her plate keeping the gaff in some semblance of sanity !  Jimbo, Bru and our absent buddy ASBO can all testify to this dynamic Cool Very Happy Cool
Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:36 pm

I do wonder when ASBO is going to return to us! He must be missing the high quality chat from the Edinburgh fans, and the posts from the Glasgow fans.

Surely now the SNP have swept all before them in Scotland, he can return with his head held high.....

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Dec 2015, 1:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:I do wonder when ASBO is going to return to us! He must be missing the high quality chat from the Edinburgh fans, and the posts from the Glasgow fans.

Surely now the SNP have swept all before them in Scotland, he can return with his head held high.....

I still here from the Young Fella now and again - his last was by text 70 mins into the Warriors Treviso game (3-9 at the time) and in entirety :-

" Treviso ? WTF is going on"

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:23 pm

Brevity is the soul of wit.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Mon 07 Dec 2015, 2:57 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:Pleased that Low is going well at Exeter. He'll go straight onto the Scotland bench if he shows any glimmering signs of competence.

Yup! Playing himself nicely into the 6Ns is Mr Low and we need him for the bench to cover Nel

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:21 pm

Not sure whether it has been discussed somewhere, but what are people's thoughts on the chances of Toonie signing a new contract? It would be a bloody shame if he went, but he's always been a bit of a globe trekker and he's also fluent in French by all accounts. http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/articles/news/009065.php

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by sensisball Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

I think much will depend on how the remaining group games in Europe pan out. if Glasgow can manage to qualify for the quarter finals he will probably stay. if not then I think he may take a punt elsewhere.
Given the dearth of in front row options and the poor state of scummaging at the moment, I cant see Warriors getting out of the group.
Euan Murray (Pau) got a doing (in the scrum) at the weekend from Eddie Ben Arous (Racing 92), so even if the Rev had stayed I don't think we would be much better off than at the moment. I think the biggest loss is Jon Welsh. He must have been offered a pants deal to have chosen to go to Newcastle, who continue to underwhelm with their results and performances. or maybe he just fancied a change of scene, or maybe he knew that Shade Munro was getting his P45, so he decided to clear off as well?

sensisball

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:39 pm

I heard that Jon Welsh was not offered a contract to stay back in February. Of course this was before De Klerk's offences were discovered.

Back to top Go down

Post by nickj Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:46 pm

DTH was in the press this weekend, in essence he said his move wasn't about the money and that he needed a new challenge. He also said that Pivac had made him feel loved and that his offer was only slightly more than the one Glasgow countered with. He added that in no way was it an acrimonious departure and that he wouldn't rule out going back

nickj

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:51 pm

nickj wrote:DTH was in the press this weekend, in essence he said his move wasn't about the money and that he needed a new challenge. He also said that Pivac had made him feel loved and that his offer was only slightly more than the one Glasgow countered with. He added that in no way was it an acrimonious departure and that he wouldn't rule out going back
Tomorrow would be good pse !

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 2:57 pm

We really have fecked up on the prop side of things.

I realise that we had to cover an awful lot of bases during the RWC and our squad numbers are as large as they've ever been but you cannot go into a campaign at this level without at least one, proven, international quality tighthead. Still not clear to me whom that was ever intended to be.

And the more I think about it, the more the whole Mike Cusack Affair seems to have been a huge misjudgement by the forwards coaching and medical staff. I guess we'll never know whether the terms of Mike's employment contract allowed the Warriors to cancel for ongoing and prolongued lack of availability and they just never chose to exercise it, or whether they had to keep him on their books knowing that he would probably never play more than a handful of games in the time remaining on his contract.

Either way, a bugger's muddle.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:17 pm

Good news for Glasgow, the Scarlets injury list is starting to build with Aaron Shingler, Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Jake Ball, John Barclay and also DaiTH all joining the likes of Cubby and co.  on the medics table.

Lifted from the WesternFail

"Scarlets have an injury crisis to deal with ahead of Saturday’s win or bust European Champions Cup clash at Glasgow Warriors with six of their first-choice pack missing.

Wales powerhouse Ball (groin), hooker Owens (foot), James Davies (foot), Aaron Shingler (shoulder, back, thigh and ankle), Scotland international John Barclay (shoulder) and prop Rob Evans, who was in hospital for five days after suffering an infection following a cut, will all miss the trip to the Pro12 champions.

Prolific try-scorer DTH van der Merwe (thumb) will also sit it out, utility back Hadleigh Parkes may be rested, wing Tom Williams has a shoulder strain while Scott and Liam Williams (foot), who is on-course return to action just before the Six Nations, are long-term casualties from the World Cup."
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 3:31 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Good news for Glasgow, the Scarlets injury list is starting to build with Aaron Shingler, Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Jake Ball, John Barclay and also DaiTH all joining the likes of Cubby and co.  on the medics table.

"Scarlets have an injury crisis to deal with ahead of Saturday’s win or bust European Champions Cup clash at Glasgow Warriors with six of their first-choice pack missing.

Wales powerhouse Ball (groin), hooker Owens (foot), James Davies (foot), Aaron Shingler (shoulder, back, thigh and ankle), Scotland international John Barclay (shoulder) and prop Rob Evans, who was in hospital for five days after suffering an infection following a cut, will all miss the trip to the Pro12 champions.

Prolific try-scorer DTH van der Merwe (thumb) will also sit it out, utility back Hadleigh Parkes may be rested, wing Tom Williams has a shoulder strain while Scott and Liam Williams (foot), who is on-course return to action just before the Six Nations, are long-term casualties from the World Cup."

Thats is quite a long list Spidey - longer than ours tbh (ours fall around 15 and 2 positions).   I cannot say I am disappointed that Barcs and DTH will not be there as we are aware of how good these 2 are.    I can assure you I am not alone amongst Warrior Nation wanting these 2 back at Scotstoun.

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:09 pm

There are two interesting things ahead of Saturday for me.

Firstly, Toonie has said his contract will be settled by next week. Since the Toonster seems to be firmly wedded to his Growth Mindset philosophy and it's search for Continual Improvement then it's logical to infer that when he feels a project has gone as far as it can go then it's time to move on. In terms of winning the Pro 12: he's done that and got the T-shirt to prove it. The next target would have to be improving on a European scale. If we lose on Saturday we're out and exactly where we were last year, and the year before and...
My hunch is that Toonie will be "in talks " with the Numpties at Murrayfield this week spelling out what he believes Glasgow need to make the next step. If the Numpties won't support him I can see him walking. If we lose on Saturday and the Numpties don't promise to quadruple his recruitment and retention budget, I can see him running.

Secondly, with two losses so far the Scarlets are , realistically, out of Europe. However they are top of the league. My hunch is they will rest all of those "injured" players over the next two weekends and focus on the more attainable goal of making the play-offs.

So, a five point win for the Warriors, common sense prevailing over financial prudence at Murrayfield and Toonie signs a 99 year contract which includes his first born being named Jimbo Vernon Kellock Schizoid Messiah Townsend.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:28 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:Good news for Glasgow, the Scarlets injury list is starting to build with Aaron Shingler, Rob Evans, Ken Owens, Jake Ball, John Barclay and also DaiTH all joining the likes of Cubby and co.  on the medics table.

Given that injury list Glasgow really need to be targeting 5 points

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hazel Sapling Tue 08 Dec 2015, 4:37 pm

What happened to him? Did his wife find out about his girlfriend? Erm

Hazel Sapling

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:06 pm

So Mr Ball has injured his groin.

Anyone? Anyone? No? Just me, then. Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Hyster10
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:11 pm

George Carlin wrote:So Mr Ball has injured his groin.

Anyone? Anyone? No? Just me, then. Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Hyster10

warning

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Tue 08 Dec 2015, 5:20 pm

jimbopip wrote:Firstly, Toonie has said his contract will be settled by next week. Since the Toonster seems to be firmly wedded to his Growth Mindset philosophy and it's search for Continual Improvement then it's logical to infer that when he feels a project has gone as far as it can go then it's time to move on. In terms of winning the Pro 12: he's done that and got the T-shirt to prove it. The next target would have to be improving on a European scale. If we lose on Saturday we're out and exactly where we were last year, and the year before and...
My hunch is that Toonie will be "in talks " with the Numpties at Murrayfield this week spelling out what he believes Glasgow need to make the next step. If the Numpties won't support him I can see him walking. If we lose on Saturday and the Numpties don't promise to quadruple his recruitment and retention budget, I can see him running.

I suppose my only question on this would be "where would he go?".

Let's be quite clear, the SRU took a pretty massive gamble on Toonie and he was handed the keys to a fairly well oiled machine. A Glasgow fan going by the name of 21st Century Schizoid was mighty hacked off at the SRU's treatment of Sean Lineen and felt at the time that Toonie was promoted well beyond his station based on prior experience. The reason I remember this so vividly, other than the usual splurge of colourful language from said poster, is that it marked one of a small handful of occasions when I was in complete agreement.

Yes, Toonie has won the Pro12 and got Glasgow playing some damn fine rugby in the process, but I'm not convinced that there'll be a huge market for his talents. Glasgow have made zero impact in Europe, despite having some fine players, and I don't think that you can entirely blame the pack having to carry Al Kellock. My own view is that Toonie should wind his neck in, knuckle down and repay the huge leap of faith taken by the SRU in appointing him. He also needs to sort out the tighthead situation, which is a bit of a shambles (entirely on his watch).

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Tue 08 Dec 2015, 6:05 pm

I see what you did there, Fes. As soon as we start considering a working man being paid in accordance with his worth the public schoolboy in you comes screaming to the fore. As the much maligned Michael Foot once said, "The English upper classes are as bloody minded a set of thugs as you are ever likely to meet when their interests are threatened".
NB For the duration of this post everyone from the dear green place is solidly working class and everyone from Brotheltown is a wannabe Englishman.

It doesn't really take a feat of Orwellian doublethink to accept that St Sean of Lineen was badly treated, Toonie was lacking in experience AND he has done a marvellous job building (Growth Mindset anyone) on pretty solid foundations.

If the Numpties don't persuade him to stay his record will see him move in no time.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 8:45 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:Firstly, Toonie has said his contract will be settled by next week. Since the Toonster seems to be firmly wedded to his Growth Mindset philosophy and it's search for Continual Improvement then it's logical to infer that when he feels a project has gone as far as it can go then it's time to move on. In terms of winning the Pro 12: he's done that and got the T-shirt to prove it. The next target would have to be improving on a European scale. If we lose on Saturday we're out and exactly where we were last year, and the year before and...

I suppose my only question on this would be "where would he go?".

Let's be quite clear, the SRU took a pretty massive gamble on Toonie and he was handed the keys to a fairly well oiled machine. A Glasgow fan going by the name of 21st Century Schizoid was mighty hacked off at the SRU's treatment of Sean Lineen and felt at the time that Toonie was promoted well beyond his station based on prior experience. The reason I remember this so vividly, other than the usual splurge of colourful language from said poster, is that it marked one of a small handful of occasions when I was in complete agreement.

Yes, Toonie has won the Pro12 and got Glasgow playing some damn fine rugby in the process, but I'm not convinced that there'll be a huge market for his talents. Glasgow have made zero impact in Europe, despite having some fine players, and I don't think that you can entirely blame the pack having to carry Al Kellock. My own view is that Toonie should wind his neck in, knuckle down and repay the huge leap of faith taken by the SRU in appointing him. He also needs to sort out the tighthead situation, which is a bit of a shambles (entirely on his watch).

Well who wouldn't have been hacked off.   This was a classic example of SRU numptyism and flying in the face of The Warriors status and ability at that time.    I of course realise how wrong I was re Townsend's appointment and have said as much on these forums.     The way Lineen was discarded was, and still is, disgraceful.    Townsend  brought a new level professionalism tp Glasgow and with some very judicious signings won us the Pro 12 title after coming third and second in the previous 2 seasons (Lineen had taken us to fourth before that).   In defence of Toonie re the tighthead situation.   He can hardly have predicted De Klerk's behaviour, conviction and subsequent dismissal.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 08 Dec 2015, 10:44 pm

Covers are on at Scotstoun !

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 09 Dec 2015, 12:13 pm

Reading between the lines the Scarlets are looking at doing the French thing, and fielding a 'second string' side (obviously due to innjuries, not at all resting players), so I would expect a side like

Steff Evans,
Harry Robinson,
Gareth Owen,
Michael Collins,
Mikey Tagicakibau,
Dan Jones,
Rhodri Williams;

Phil John,
Emyr Phillips,
Samson Lee,
Tom Price,
George Earle,
Lewis Rawlings,
Tom Phillps,
Morgan Allen

(Kirby Myhill, Dylan Evans, Rhodri Jones, Mausimo Paulinho, Jack Condy; Gareth Davies, Aled Thomas, Steven Shingler)
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Dec 2015, 1:21 pm

jimbopip wrote:I see what you did there, Fes. As soon as we start considering a working man being paid in accordance with his worth the public schoolboy in you comes screaming to the fore. As the much maligned Michael Foot once said, "The English upper classes are as bloody minded a set of thugs as you are ever likely to meet when their interests are threatened".
NB For the duration of this post everyone from the dear green place is solidly working class and everyone from Brotheltown is a wannabe Englishman.

It doesn't really take a feat of Orwellian doublethink to accept that St Sean of Lineen was badly treated, Toonie was lacking in experience AND he has done a marvellous job building (Growth Mindset anyone) on pretty solid foundations.

If the Numpties don't persuade him to stay his record will see him move in no time.

Ah, poor old Michael Foot. The man who delivered a decade of Thatcher. He'll be delighted to see that Jeremy Corbyn is making a fine successor, and on target to ensure that George Osborne becomes our next PM.

I wasn't suggesting that Toonie not be paid an appropriate amount, just that he owes a smidge of loyalty to the SRU and will hopefully not simply go for the highest bidder.

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Wed 09 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

funnyExiledScot wrote:
jimbopip wrote:I see what you did there, Fes. As soon as we start considering a working man being paid in accordance with his worth the public schoolboy in you comes screaming to the fore. As the much maligned Michael Foot once said, "The English upper classes are as bloody minded a set of thugs as you are ever likely to meet when their interests are threatened".

Ah, poor old Michael Foot. The man who delivered a decade of Thatcher. He'll be delighted to see that Jeremy Corbyn is making a fine successor, and on target to ensure that George Osborne becomes our next PM.

I wasn't suggesting that Toonie not be paid an appropriate amount, just that he owes a smidge of loyalty to the SRU and will hopefully not simply go for the highest bidder.
I cannot look at Corbyn without thinking about fish fingers:

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Capn_b10 Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December Jeremy10

Selling fishy               Smelling fishy
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:25 pm

Yes and with the Fat Lying Slug MP (Orkney and Shetland) getting away with it (the establishment look after their own!), it is not a good day for the left in Scotland. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:29 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yes and with the Fat Lying Slug MP

What has Salmond done now? Run

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Wed 09 Dec 2015, 4:36 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:

being the apposite word.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by funnyExiledScot Wed 09 Dec 2015, 8:35 pm

21st Century Schizoid Man wrote:Yes and with the Fat Lying Slug MP (Orkney and Shetland) getting away with it (the establishment look after their own!), it is not a good day for the left in Scotland. Crying or Very sad

Carmichael is hardly a fire and brimstone right winger!!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 10 Dec 2015, 7:09 am

PREVIEW: Euro futures on line for Warriors and Scarlets

The Scarlets may be looking down on the rest of their Guinness PRO12 colleagues after returning to the top of the table with their win in Italy last week, but they know just how difficult it is going to be to break their duck in the Champions Cup this season at the home of the reigning PRO12 champions.

The Welsh Region won 16-10 at Scotstoun during the World Cup period, but they have the utmost respect for the Warriors after their achievement in winning the PRO12 title last season. They will also be heading north in round three without six key international players.

Included among that half-a-dozen are former Glasgow stars John Barclay and DTH van der Merwe, both of who picked up injuries in the victory over Zebre last weekend. That was their eighth in nine league outings, but their fortunes in Pool 3 are already hanging in the balance after defeats to Northampton Saints and Racing 92.

Skipper Ken Owens (toe), prop Rob Evans (ankle), lock Jake Ball (groin) and back row man Aaron Shingler join Barlcay (shoulder) and Van der Merwe (thumb) on the injury list and head coach Wayne Pivac describes his squad, already shorn of Welsh internationals Scott and Liam Williams due to World Cup injuries, as "the walking wounded".

Opposite number Gregor Townsend believes that if the Scarlets lose again that will put them out of the reckoning in the Pool, but he also realises that a second successive defeat for his own team would probably make qualification for the quarter-finals highly unlikely.

"We know it's really important because if we do lose then it's advantage to Racing and Northampton in the Pool," said Townsend.

"We've only played one game and we need to make sure we're still in this competition after these two games. We've still got five games to go, and I think for a team to qualify they need to win four out of six.

"They would be very lucky to get through with only three out of six. We know what's up against us and we need to rise to the challenge."

Match Facts
- Scarlets have won all four matches against Glasgow Warriors in the competition, winning by an average margin of 19 points.
- Glasgow have lost their last two in the Champions Cup and will be aiming to avoid a third straight defeat for the first time since January 2013 when they lost seven consecutive matches.
- Scarlets are winless in their last four Champions Cup matches and have scored only 26 points in their last three fixtures combined.
- Scarlets have won nine of their last 10 matches against teams from Scotland in the Champions Cup though their one defeat came in the most recent fixture in that run, against Edinburgh.
- These two sides have the lowest kick success in the tournament so far, with Scarlets making just 38% of their kicks at goal and Glasgow 40%.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RDW Thu 10 Dec 2015, 7:21 am

Scarlets have won all four matches against Glasgow Warriors in the competition, winning by an average margin of 19 points.

That is a staggering statistic!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:35 am

jimbopip wrote:
RDW_Scotland wrote:

being the apposite word.

I see that other arch imperialist and saviour of the union has swallowed what remaining principles, socialist Shocked or otherwise, if indeed he ever had any to swallow, and taken the Morgan Stanley shilling. How appropriate for the protector of the establishment to go to serial rate fixers, sex discriminators and customer cheaters like them. Step forward that hero of Edinburgh - Alastair 'Eyebrows' Darling. A statue in The Mound surely in the offing ?

Still great news re Toonie and trust the Tonbola is spinning as we wait for Saturday's team announcement. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 10 Dec 2015, 11:42 am

Not sure I can even bring myself to watch this on the television. It's going to be one way traffic.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next