The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

+22
Hazel Sapling
Seagultaf
maestegmafia
jimbopip
doctor_grey
mikey_dragon
Pot Hale
BigGee
VinceWLB
RDW
Eejit
cakeordeath
nathan
Welly
IanBru
21st Century Schizoid Man
Chunky Norwich
ScarletSpiderman
nickj
sensisball
LondonTiger
26 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Empty Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by George Carlin Sun 06 Dec 2015, 6:23 am

First topic message reminder :

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Glasgo12              Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Scarle11
Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets
Saturday 12 November 2015
KO: 13:00
Scotstoun Quagmire, Glasgow

Live on Sky Sports / beIN Sports

Referee Mathieu Raynal (France)
Touch Judge 1 Sebastien Minery (France)
Touch Judge 2 Thomas Dejean (France)
Fourth Official Don MacPherson (Scotland)
TMO Vincent Azoulay (France)

A. European Head to Head

4 Played 4
0 Wins 4
4 Losses 0
0 Draws 0
71 Points 146

B. Recent Form

Sat 5 September 2015
Glasgow Warriors 10 - 16 Scarlets

Fri 9 January 2015
Glasgow Warriors 22 - 7 Scarlets

Fri 21 November 2014
Scarlets 19 - 9 Glasgow Warriors

C. Teams

Glasgow Warriors
Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Scotch11
15. Stuart Hogg
14. Taqele Naiyaravoro
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Peter Horne
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Duncan Weir
9. Mike Blair

1. Ryan Grant
2. James Malcolm
3. Sila Puafisi
4. Leone Nakarawa
5. Jonny Gray (Captain)
6. Josh Strauss
7. Simone Favaro
8. Adam Ashe

16. Shalva Mamukashvili
17. Jerry Yanuyanutawa
18. Zander Fagerson
19. Tim Swinson
20. Rob Harley
21. Grayson Hart
22. Finn Russell
23. Sean Lamont

Scarlets
Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Welsh-10
15 Steff Evans
14 Harry Robinson*
13 Regan King*
12 Gareth Owen
11 Michael Tagicakibau*
10 Steve Shingler
9 Gareth Davies*

1 Phil John
2 Emyr Phillips* [c]
3 Rhodri Jones*
4 George Earle
5 Tom Price
6 Lewis Rawlins
7 Tom Phillips
8 Morgan Allen

16 Kirby Myhill
17 Dylan Evans
18 Samson Lee
19 Maselino Paulino
20 Jack Condy
21 Rhodri Williams*
22 Aled Thomas
23 Michael Collins

Last edited by George Carlin on Fri 11 Dec 2015, 3:26 pm; edited 3 times in total
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:09 pm

RDW_Scotland wrote:Glasgow have re-found their mojo!

If they could lose it again in 2 weeks that would be very helpful Very Happy

Be afraid ! Be very afraid !

Big Naka and Big Tacky (and Wee Simone) are coming for YOU ! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December - Page 4 Empty Re: Champions Cup Pool 3: Glasgow Warriors v Scarlets, 12 December

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:44 pm

For me that big winger was a bit of an unknown before Glasgow signed him. I'm not sure if it's the Fijian who almost didn't come because he was going to represent Australia? (confused).

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Dec 2015, 12:58 pm

Yes Mikey, Tacky is the Fijian winger who almost didn't come. Sadly the Wallabies have capped him so he can't become McNayaravoro.

On another train of thought;

has the group just opened up for Glasgow?

Scarlets are out and will most likely put out a weakened team again next week. Glasgow should be looking for 5pts.

Racing come to Scotstoun on the last weekend, by which time they should have won the group. In which case Glasgow should be looking to win that.

The re-arranged match in Paris? Well, given the way Racing destroyed Saints yesterday I think an LBP would constitute a good result.

Which means that, as I have said before warning , our trip to Franklin Gardens becomes the decider for the runner up spot.

So; 5 +1+4+4 = 14+ 5 that we have already = 19 points. would that be enough to see us through? Who knows but if we lose at Northampton it's all over.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:10 pm

No failures at all yesterday and some team somewhere was going to get a skelping when it clicked and it just happened to be Skaahlets yesterday.    We should really have won the game by ht tbh and could should have run in 10 tries.  Our new signings really arrived (Big T, Favaro and Puafisi)   Some of our big names arrived back too - Hogg, Grant and Dunbar all played well.     Felt a bit for Tommy Seymour as finally it was decided to give the ball to Big T after ignoring him for the last 5 games.   Tommy did what he had to defensively but just did not get the ball onto his wing.      

For Skaahlets thought Shingler was very poor but King kept going as did the No11 who tried manfully to stop Big T in full flight and got mashed and left for roadkill in the process when he (No.11) was plainly injured and utterly knackered. The Scarlets wing was not alone there tbh.

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:18 pm

jimbopip wrote:Yes Mikey, Tacky is the Fijian winger who almost didn't come. Sadly the Wallabies have capped him so he can't become McNayaravoro.

On another train of thought;

has the group just opened up for Glasgow?

Scarlets are out and will most likely put out a weakened team again next week. Glasgow should be looking for 5pts.

Racing come to Scotstoun on the last weekend, by which time they should have won the group. In which case Glasgow should be looking to win that.

The re-arranged match in Paris? Well, given the way Racing destroyed Saints yesterday I think an LBP would constitute a good result.

Which means that, as I have said before warning , our trip to Franklin Gardens becomes the decider for the runner up spot.

So; 5 +1+4+4 = 14+ 5 that we have already = 19 points. would that be enough to see us through? Who knows but if we lose at Northampton it's all over.

Jimbo,
you still travelling to Northants next month. Carer and self discussed a trip over a few half pint shandies last night (actually about 12 Punk IPAs). Anyway it was decided after round 8 or 9 that we should consider this matter very seriously over another pint. Needless to say I have forgotten what our decision was. However my unilateral decision is that I am going so perhaps you may like to identify a suitable hostelry - and no cheating by phoning locals who denigrate their own hometown this time Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:28 pm

Agree on every point.

It's interesting to watch Meatball at the moment. If you're of the school of thought that says the difference between a good standoff a mediocre one is in the timing of the pass and the choice of who to pass to then Meatball is a good (ish) standoff. The problem is that Dancer does that stuff well and then does other things. Remember his try against Ulster at the end of last season: hit the line at pace, dummy scissors, sidestep a man and then run over/ through the last defender to score.
I get the feeling that Toonie has said to Meatball, " If you want the 10 jersey you'll have to play outside your comfort zone". Each time I've seen Meatball this season he seems to be trying to make more happen, by which I mean he seems to be remodelling his game. Let's hope he ends up more like Mozart than Salieri.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:29 pm

Schizoid I take it you're referring to Steve Shingler at fly-half? It's something I have said for years now - it can be difficult to get some Scarlets to accept what is blatantly obvious and Shingler's limitations is one of them.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:32 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Schizoid I take it you're referring to Steve Shingler at fly-half? It's something I have said for years now - it can be difficult to get some Scarlets to accept what is blatantly obvious and Shingler's limitations is one of them.

Yes the 10 Shingler - think the other one was injured. Need to say Scarlets had a good support yesterday and kept singing right to the end after afterwards - especially after a hammering like that:clap:

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:38 pm

Oh Schizod one, I stand by my earlier decision which I can remember since I am a model of sobriety.
Which is; as soon as Sky get round to saying when the game is on I'll do what I can to get tickets.

There are a few options. One of which is to get Caz the Quiet Bokkie to borrow his school's minibus and have a day out with a few of the rugby club lads. Another would be for you and the carer to kip in our Hot Tub (we don't have a coal delivery scheduled until late January so it should be empty). The third is you rough it in Northampton.

I shall make enquiries. You can start pressing Bru to attend. It's time he stopped this choirboy malarkey and learned some real songs.

The people's flag is deepest red
it shrouded oft our martyred dead...

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Dec 2015, 1:55 pm

jimbopip wrote:Oh Schizod one, I stand by my earlier decision which I can remember since I am a model of sobriety.
Which is; as soon as Sky get round to saying when the game is on I'll do what I can to get tickets.

There are a few options. One of which is to get Caz the Quiet Bokkie to borrow his school's minibus and have a day out with a few of the rugby club lads. Another would be for you and the carer to kip in our Hot Tub (we don't have a coal delivery scheduled until late January so it should be empty). The third is you rough it in Northampton.

I shall make enquiries. You can start pressing Bru to attend. It's time he stopped this choirboy malarkey and learned some real songs.

Mate,
Your kind is welcome in Northampton (as long as you don't come from Leicester, that is). Excepting my old man, we are a hospitable people.
My prediction is youse guys will come to Northampton looking like Rugby players, but when they leave, they will look somehow.........different.

And is someone doesn't know proper songs, then they are lost to us. We Rugby folk are a diverse, accepting, and compassionate people. But there are limits, ffs.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:00 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:For me that big winger was a bit of an unknown before Glasgow signed him. I'm not sure if it's the Fijian who almost didn't come because he was going to represent Australia? (confused).
That's about right Mike. He was always earmarked as a replacement for DTH but it got complicated when he had a really superb season for the Waratahs last year (after Glasgow had already signed him) and came into the international reckoning for the Wallabies and Fiji.

Tacky said he would stay in Australia if he got capped as that way he could get a visa for his wife and family but his agent correctly pointed out that receiving international honours was not really a good enough reason to welch on a legally binding set of personal terms.

So he's here for this year at least and, well, if you follow Super Rugby (which I do), then what he did to the Scarlets the other night shouldn't really have come as a galloping shock to anyone:

George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:05 pm

Doc, so can you recommend any decent watering holes for thirsty travellers then. I had assumed you would still be stateside but if not then let us know.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:30 pm

I don't really watch S15 these days GC, but yeah that kind of clears it up!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:35 pm

jimbopip wrote:Doc, so can you recommend any decent watering holes for thirsty travellers then. I had assumed you would still be stateside but if not then let us know.
Northampton might just have a few places to wet your whistle. All depends what you want. The bar at Franklin's Gardens is very good and very long. Local rumour claims it is the longest bar in England. Regardless whether lie this is true or not, there are a lot of people there, but service is unusually quick.

Everyone usually stops at Thomas a Becket before the match and sometimes after. The Foundrymans Arms is pretty good too. Both are close 5 or 10 minutes walking.
Uphill into the town centre are The Wig and Pen, and the usual chains and locals.

Not sure when I am coming back home. If I will be there for the Glasgow match I will let you know.

The new stand is terrific. I think you will enjoy The Gardens and the crowd is almost always great for visiting supporters.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:45 pm

Thanks Doc, it's just a shame that neither club's website has a specific date or tickets yet. Damn that walking devil Rupert Murdoch.

p.s. if Chicago (the new rugby club not the very naff mid 70's AOR band) play any matches near you let me know. A former team mate's son has just flown out to play for them. His old man was a special player, went by the sobriquet Basher, and last time I saw him his son was a good bloke. You could say hello and buy him a pint from me.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Sun 13 Dec 2015, 2:46 pm

Doc Grey, "The Wig and Pen" - any relation to the Pen and Wig in Newport? Wink

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Dec 2015, 3:31 pm

jimbopip wrote:Thanks Doc, it's just a shame that neither club's website has a specific date or tickets yet. Damn that walking devil Rupert Murdoch.

p.s. if Chicago (the new rugby club not the very naff mid 70's AOR band) play any matches near you let me know. A former team mate's son has just flown out to play for them. His old man was a special player, went by the sobriquet Basher, and last time I saw him his son was a good bloke. You could say hello and buy him a pint from me.
I still don't know all the teams involved. Hopefully there will be one here in northern New Jersey or at least the NYC area. I think Philadelphia has one. I will certainly check in on the Chicago team - when the season gets closer, we will have more details. There is a soccer stadium about 30 minutes away where the old Churchill cup matches were played. Same stadium where Saracens and LI will play in March. Hopefully a team will be based there.

By the way, I like the old Chicago up beat tunes. Not the more recent dreary ones.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sun 13 Dec 2015, 6:45 pm

Is the Terk lad ok, who attempted to tackle Naiyaravoro, neck first? Worries me when players do this.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 8:05 pm

He looked in a bit of distress when he was carted off tbh.  Poor guy - maybe he should have taken a leaf out of Tim Visser and Craig Joubert's coaching manual and run away ? Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 13 Dec 2015, 8:24 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Doc Grey, "The Wig and Pen" - any relation to the Pen and Wig in Newport? Wink
I have no idea. But somehow I would guess everyone is related somehow. Come on over and let's find out. By the way, thanks for offering to buy............

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Sun 13 Dec 2015, 8:46 pm

jimbopip wrote:Oh Schizod one, I stand by my earlier decision which I can remember since I am a model of sobriety.

Aye Jimbo my son yer a one for the songs and poetry

Well I can't get The Standells' tune Dirty Water oot of ma heid ! Most likely because I am off to Boston tomorrow but anyway it is a classic early (very - 1966) example of the garage band genre as you would most likely know already. Hug

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 14 Dec 2015, 10:55 am

Tunes-Boston

Bigson used to enter the boxing ring to the strains of The Drop Kick Murphies "Shipping Out To Boston"

Rumours that he left the ring to "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" are, mostly, unfounded.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by IanBru Mon 14 Dec 2015, 11:35 am

I used to enter the boxing ring to The Anvil Chorus from Verdi's 'Il trovatore', and when I say 'boxing ring' I am of course referring to Wii Sports boxing.

If I truly was taking to the canvas, I suspect that Radiohead's 'Exit Music (For a Film)' would be more appropriate
IanBru
IanBru

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:03 pm

The only way you would take to the canvas would be to the sound of Ian Dury's "There ain't half been some clever b*st*rds"

"Van Gogh was an eyeball pleaser
He must have been a pencil squeezer
He didn't paint the Mona Lisa
That was some Italian geezer..
Oh there ain't half been some clever....

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by RuggerRadge2611 Mon 14 Dec 2015, 12:21 pm

Spent around 3 weeks in Northampton last year, great town to go drinking in. Although I was in the centre of town and Franklins Gardens isn't anywhere near the places I went.

Should you make it into town I thoroughly recommend Bridge Street you can't really go wrong to be honest. The Wig and Pen on St Giles street was good too.

If you wish for a more comprehensive list I'm more than happy to oblige. PM me bud thumbsup

RuggerRadge2611
RuggerRadge2611

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4