The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

+11
Bull
The_Enigma
Gregers
ncfc_Tooze
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
ADMIN
Holymiky
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought I'd create a thread for those who are interested in the Indy wrestling fed Ring of Honor to discuss or post any news referring to the company.

Probably won't be too busy on here but just thought i'd post a link to the ROH website to start some discussion.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-2nd-newswire-2/

It's been announced that the ROH Tag Titles will be defended at Best In The World 2011 by TWGTT against The Briscoes, The All Night Express AND The Kings of Wrestling in a Fatal Four Way Elimination match. That will be Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

I am also incredibly looking forward to the World Title bout between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. I can see Richard's stealing this one.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by ADMIN Mon 27 Jun 2011, 8:49 am

When Chris Daniels v El Generico turns out to be the worst match on the card then you know that it has to be awesome show.
So looking forward to catching this over the next few nights.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:24 am

Summed up perfectly there, El Genrico seemed to be on fire last night as well.

Who do you see Richards facing next?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:29 am

fernando wrote:have a wobbly staredown between the pair another kick which drops edwards to the floor bounces off the ropes and nails a massive kick to head , edwards is motionless

richards pins

3!

new roh world champion davey richards!

I am in no doubt this is going to be the greatest wrestling moment of 2011. I may have to buy this now as I am sure this match will be 5* easily. Richards new ROH world champ!!! This is a triumph for wrestling. Yahoo

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 27 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

was worth every penny that ppv

was lovely of them to start at 9pm our time

anyone who buys it won't be disappointed at all

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 27 Jun 2011, 1:01 pm

Are we able to buy it just now?
Might buy it later tonight or tomorrow if that is possible. Will be cheaper than the DVD Laugh

I'd happily buy that price just to watch Richards and Edwards. So happy Richards won, never thought he would but happy that he did. Quality personified.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:04 pm

Spot of the show so far, Shelton Benjamin double belly to belly suplexing Claudio and Kenny King off the top rope. Mental!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:41 pm

ROH Revolution: USE and AAA Triplemania XIX have just been added to WWEO.net if anyone wanted to watch either.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Mon 27 Jun 2011, 4:35 pm

What a show, that main event is what wrestling should be about. Two guys giving it absolutely everything to be the World Champion.

The back and forth with the submission is brilliant and Davey's kicking ability is outstanding. Easily 10/10 and the emotion afterwards sums it all up.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:06 pm

fernando wrote:

eddie vs davey will quite possibly be match of the year.

i proved myself right Smile

it's believed also that wwe have offered deals to both chris hero and claudio castagnoli after their try outs

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Mon 27 Jun 2011, 9:15 pm

After never really getting into ROH I was intrigued to give it a proper chance and so watched extended highlights of the ppv. I will be the first to admit that I was really only dragged in by the desire to see Haas/Benjamin perform as they're two of my favourites of all time and... WOW!

ROH has a bonified fan in me now!

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:08 am

Steve Found it
Main show
http://www.justin.tv/porc_atorium/b/288986653

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:12 pm

The Bravado Brothers have been drawn to face the Briscoe's.

Does anyone know what the format for this is? Is it a tag team tournament taking place on the 8th of July and the actual titles match takes place on the same night?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:24 pm

ive got two out of two!

is there only 2 matches ? Shocked

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:27 pm

Yeah, I thought that would be how it was run as well but the WGTT shot a promo after Best In The World and they said that whoever they were facing on the 8th of July were getting a @ss whooping. Doesn't make sense having one team compete in 3 matches and then have to face the fresh champions.

Who did you see winning again mate?
My money is on Mark & Jay.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 Jun 2011, 4:29 pm

it would wrong if jay and mark didn't win

they took out wgtt so i can see it building into a long fued over the titles.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 28 Jun 2011, 9:36 pm

Well from what the latest newswire says, the weekend of the 8th and the 9th there are shows in Richmond, Virginia and Charlotte, North Carolina. So there could be a few tag matches on show that weekend with WGTT and Briscoes definitely fighting at somepoint.

El Generico v Roderick Strong in a Steel Cage match is also announced.

Truth Martini has asked ROH officials to allow him to use another of his followers meaning more than likely a new member to the ROH roster.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:05 pm

In Richmond, Virginia on the 8th of July will see Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin defend their titles against the team of Colt Cabana and El Generico.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 6:53 pm

shall certainly be a very interesting match . generico vs shelton will be very interesting.

i think with generico being champ already it gives them a decent match and obvious result . OK

also

As mentioned in yesterday’s ROH Newswire (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-28th-newswire/), Ring of Honor officials were deliberating on how to handle the Kevin Steen situation after all of the…chaos…he caused at “Best in the World 2011”. It was an issue hotly debated amongst management and eventually the following ruling was made:

“Effective today, Wednesday June 29th,” stated ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, “Kevin Steen is banned from ever showing his face at a Ring of Honor event, and should any person or persons attempt to bring him into an ROH event, they too will suffer harsh consequences. In addition, actions will be taken in the future to censor any mention or reference to his name. He made his feelings on Ring of Honor well known on Sunday with one select curse word, and quite honestly I would use the same phrase towards him after that display. So as a result of this new rule, this statement is the last time you will see Kevin Steen’s name mentioned by ROH officials, on ROHWrestling.com, in our Newswires, in our Video Wires, or on a DVD release. Thank you.”

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:22 pm

I know this is an ROH Thread but I suppose we can mention all independent wrestling companies? Just wanted to post the card for the next PWG event - Eight - where they are celebrating their 8th anniversary. The card so far is;

PWG World Champ Claudio Castagnoli v Davey Richards
PWF Tag Team Champs The Young Bucks v The Dynasty (Scorpio Sky & Joey Ryan)
PAC v Kevin Steen
Low Ki v Chris Hero
El Generico & Ricochet v Alex Shelley & Roderick Strong
Peter Avalon v Brandon Gaston
Fightin' Taylor Boys (Brian Cage-Taylor & Ryan Taylor) vs. RockNES Monsters (Johnny Goodtime & Johnny Yuma)

What a card!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:27 pm

ive opened it to a wider range with a new title Smile

looks a very good card anyone know if able catch this by stream ?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:37 pm

Cheers bud.

I ain't too sure, I did have a look on the website to see if they even showed it on the internet but doesn't seem to be any info on it.

PAC v Kevin Steen would be awesome to watch

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 29 Jun 2011, 8:42 pm

shall be a very interesting match

the high flying of pac vs mr wrestling kevin steen

a big mixture of style there but will be awesome

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:25 pm

Steen's mat style will probably work well against PAC as he'll be able to keep him grounded which we all know if near on impossible.

Would love to go over to the States to see an event like this. Would be epic!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 01 Jul 2011, 12:19 pm

They have battled it out all across the country, bled buckets in the process, and time after time Jay & Mark Briscoe have squeaked out fluke victories. Finally, at “Best in the World 2011”, the All Night Express pinned The Briscoes fair-and-square during the Elimination Tag Title Match and ended their hopes of becoming 7-Time Champions that night. Unfortunately the Kings of Wrestling ended the ANX’s hopes of claiming their first Tag Titles shortly thereafter when Chris Hero struck Rhett Titus with his loaded elbow pad. But that night’s story didn’t end there…

After Haas & Benjamin retained the belts over the KoW, Jay & Mark returned to the ring with chairs in hand and laid out the champions. As the assault continued, Titus & Kenny King returned to the ring to assist WGTT and remove the Briscoes from the ring. This is a war in which the hostilities will not cease…

Now, after months of battling it out as a unit, ROH officials have put the two teams in a position to battle it out in singles matches…with a twist. In Charlotte, NC on July 9th it will be Jay Briscoe vs. Rhett Titus and Kenny King vs. Mark Briscoe and to insure that neither man’s partner gets involved in the bout…their respective partners will be handcuffed to the ring post!

These two bouts will be back-to-back so as soon as the first ends, the individuals handcuffed will switch places with their partner and the second match will begin: Mark will be restrained when Jay wrestles, Rhett when Kenny fights, and vice versa.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:16 pm

Friday 7/8 in Richmond, VA at the Richmond Raceway Complex:
*ROH Tag Team champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs. El Generico and Colt Cabana.
*The American Wolves (ROH World Champion Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. Roderick Strong and Michael Elgin with Truth Martini.
*Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn vs. Rhett Titus.
*Tag Team Lottery: Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly vs. Caprice Coleman & Cedrick Alexander.
*Tag Team Lottery: Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The Bravado Brothers.
*Tag Team Lottery Finals.
*"The Prodigy" Mike Bennett vs. Kenny King.

Saturday 7/9 in Charlotte, NC at The Metrolina Tradeshow Expo:
*Steel Cage Match: ROH TV Champion El Generico vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini.
*The American Wolves (ROH World Champion Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards) vs. Adam Cole and Kyle O'Reilly.
*Jay Briscoe vs. Rhett Titus with Mark Briscoe and Kenny King handcuffed to the posts at ringside.
*Mark Briscoe vs. Kenny King with Jay Briscoe and Rhett Titus handcuffed to the post at ringside.
*ROH Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas vs. The Bravado Brothers (non-title).
*Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn vs. Colt Cabana.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:17 pm

it'll be a very interesting weekend full of excellent matches.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:18 pm

I haven't been on the t'internet in ages. What have I missed Fernando?

Who is Martini's newest recruit?
They look cracking cards though!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:29 pm

not alot really truth martini called davey richards dishonourable , still no annoucement on the new member

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 07 Jul 2011, 8:31 pm

ROH officials are debating what to do with Steve Corino and Jimmy Jacobs going forward. There is a feeling that they may attract unwanted trouble but there is also a feeling that they can be a great tag team to add to the division. What each of these wrestlers have going for them is the fact that when you look at everything they said leading to “Best In The World 2011” they seemed genuine with good intensions and there is little evidence that they deliberately caused the situation that ultimately occurred.

- Ring of Honor Wrestling is proud to announce another ROH Q&A sessions on Twitter taking place tonight. Before they take to the road for ROH’s return to Richmond and Charlotte, four stars from Ring of Honor will take your questions – Roderick Strong, Rhett Titus and The Bravado Brothers. Now is your chance to interact with these wrestlers and ask whatever you want. If you’d like to have your question answered, please send the star your question in a tweet and tag the message with #ROHQA. Then during their 30 minute time, they will respond. It’s that simple and all happening TONIGHT on Twitter.

7pm ET

Rhett Titus (http://twitter.com/RhettTitusANX)

9pm ET

Roderick Strong (http://twitter.com/RoderickStrong)

9:30pm

The Bravado Brothers

Lancelot – https://twitter.com/LancelotBravado

Harlem – http://twitter.com/HarlemBravadoNC

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

results from last night's show

The show kicked off with ROH Executive Jim Cornette explaining that Chris Hero was stuck in the Newark airport, and would not be at the event. He then welcomed ROH Champion Davey Richards for an interview. Richards thanked the fans and his partner Eddie Edwards before being interrupted by Roderick Strong. Strong made fun of Richards for crying after capturing the ROH title. Michael Elgin came out and the House of Truth tried to surround Richards. Eddie Edwards made the save to set up tonight's main event.

(1) Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly def. Caprice Coleman & Cedric Alexander to advance in the Tag Team Lottery tournament.

(2) Lancelot & Harlem Bravado def. Jay & Mark Briscoe to advance in the Tag Team Lottery tournament.

(3) Kenny King def. Mike Bennett by reverse decision disqualification. Bennett, upset by the verdict, attacked King's partner, Rhett Titus. Jim Cornette ordered a Titus vs. Bennett match for later in the evening.

(4) ROH Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas def. Colt Cabana & El Generico.

(5) Adam Cole & Kyle O'Reilly def. The Bravado Brothers to win the $5,000 Tag Team Lottery and a shot at the ROH Tag Team Titles.

(6) Rhett Titus def. Mike Bennett.

(7) The American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) def. The House of Truth (Roderick Strong & Michael Elgin w/ Truth Martini) After the match, Davey Richards took the microphone and promised to give Strong or Elgin a title match.

all i shall say is match two Shocked

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sat 09 Jul 2011, 4:44 pm

Briscoes on their way to WWE?

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 09 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

it's doubtful , they wouldn't fit in at wwe as awesome as they are they would be jobbed out by wwe.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:27 am

I heard a rumour that they've been looked at, and with the Kings going...

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:28 am

would certainly be interested to see how they'd fit into wwe

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:31 am

Depends if the WWE want to really start pushing the Tag Team division. And I still think the Punk storyline could lead to a ROH talent exchange with WWE

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:35 am

my problem would be is that the wwe won't let them wrestle the way they want to and most like portray them the way they did with jamie noble and his trailer.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

Yeah very true nando,

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:50 am

results from last nights show

1. Mike "The Prodigy" Bennett beat Andy "Right Leg" Ridge. Bennett cut a promo saying he is the best the in world. He vowed not to lose again. Bennett won with a piledrive. A good, but uninspiring opener. I honestly don't understand the hate for Bennett.

2. Kenny King beat Mark Briscoe. Jay Briscoe and Rhett Titus were handcuffed to the ring posts. King won with a Burning Hammer. Jay and Titus traded placed with their partners.

3. Jay Briscoe fought Rhett Titus to a no-contest. King and Mark were handcuffed to the ring posts. Jay knocked the ref out and then cut mark free with a bolt cutter. The Briscoes beat the hell out of Rhett. Titus took the Jay Driller and a Doomsday Device before the World's Greatest Tag Team ran out for the save. Titus had to be helped to the back.

4. The American Wolves defeated Kyle O'Reilly and Adam Cole. Davey and O'Reilly worked really stiff. Davey was already doing a better job of selling his relationship with O'Reilly than he did during the whole match with Edwards. There was a four-man kick trading spot that the ROH fans love. Davey ended the string with a sick clothesline on Cole.

Davey showed worked anger when Eddie held a hold after the referee had stopped the match. The official announcement stated that the time keeper dropped the hammer and that's why Edwards didn't know. Eddie left ringside and Davey helped O'Reilly. The seeds of the Edwards heel turn were planted.

Intermission

5. Carprice Coleman and Cedric Alexander beat Michael Elgin and Chase Owen (w/Truth Martini). Chase was a local wrestler, as were Coleman and Pro Wrestling Evo Champion Alexander. Truth cut a promo before the match about the cage match main event. Elgin hit a double running power slam on both men. Cedric hit a big frog splash on on Chase Owen for the win after Coleman hit his standing top rope huracanrana. Truth gave the thumbs down and Elgin hit his buckle bomb followed by a spinning sit-out powerbom on Owen. Fun match. Elgin could be huge one day.

6. Chris Hero beat Colt Cabana. There were competing chants for both wrestlers. Hero won with a roaring kick on charging Cabana.

7. Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin beat The Bravado Brothers in a non-title match. No botch for Benjamin tonight. The World's Greatest Tag Team won with a double team hangman/splash move. The Briscoes came out to challenge the WGTT, and a brawl broke out. The Briscoes put a table in the corner and eventually put Haas through it. Kenny King made the save with a chair.

8. El Generico defeated Roderick Strong (w/Truth Martini). The fight started on the floor. Generico hit a brainbuster for a great near fall. Generico won the match with a top rope brainbuster for a big pop.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 10 Jul 2011, 1:11 pm

Both looked fantastic shows. Still can't believe that The Bravado's won their match in the tournament. I take it that the Tag Titles match will be on the next PPV?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:42 pm

ROH talent Kyle O'Reilly tweeted over the weekend saying he suffered a strained ACL in his match with the American Wolves at this weekend's ROH events.

This will be apart of the edwards heel turn after eddie holded onto the submission after the match had finished and was confronted by davey over it.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 13 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Ring of Honor officials are happy to announce that "The Project" Tommaso Ciampa has officially signed on the dotted line with ROH.

Debuting as a member of The Embassy early this year, "The Project" boasts one of the most impressive records in ROH today as he has yet to suffer a pinfall or submission of any kind. As a matter of fact, the only losses on his record are a result of multi-man matches in which he was not the man defeated.

"Despite his associations," said ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, "Tommaso Ciampa is one of the hottest young talents in wrestling today. He has proven it with his win-loss record since coming into Ring of Honor, and I am certain the sky is the limit for this young talent."

Tommaso Ciampa, along with The Embassy, will be in attendance on August 13th in Chicago Ridge, IL when Ring of Honor returns for our first broadcast TV Tapings with SBG

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 30 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

I am presuming that the next ROH show is the first ever live event on Sinclair's? Also, are they to become weekly in a TNA/WWE style format? Looking a pretty decent card so far anyway.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

i believe the next taping is the sinclair broadcast not sure if they doing weekly shows id like to hope so just need it in the UK now OK

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 30 Jul 2011, 7:37 pm

I know, that is going to be the biggest gripe for me. Not getting to watch it over here, you'd think if they wanted to broadcast to as large an audience possible they'd want to show it over seas.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 01 Aug 2011, 8:39 pm

* ROH champion Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong
* ROH Tag Team champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli)
* ROH TV champion El Generico vs. Jay Lethal
* Eddie Edwards vs. Michael Elgin
* Also appearing: Jay and Mark Briscoe, The All Night Express, Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly, Mike Bennett, Tommaso Ciampa, The Embassy and The Bravado Brothers.

looks like a very good show thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 8:14 pm

the briscoes vs all night express has been added to the card

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 9:13 pm

from ROH twitter Dear UK Fans (& all fans WorldWide) you will be able to #WatchROH new http://www.ROHWrestling.com website after
9/24/11 launch (Please RT)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

best in the world ppv is now available on dvd

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:10 pm

Really looking forward to this show. I do wish they had maybe held an event in between the last shows and their first TV broadcast. There is only so much promoting you can do for one event.

You found out any information to whether they are planning to hold these shows weekly mate?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

i believe it may well be a weekly show thumbsup they usually have events every week

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next