The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

+11
Bull
The_Enigma
Gregers
ncfc_Tooze
Kay Fabe
talkingpoint
Dr Gregory House MD
Fernando
ADMIN
Holymiky
AberdeenSteve
15 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 03 Jun 2011, 9:40 am

First topic message reminder :

Thought I'd create a thread for those who are interested in the Indy wrestling fed Ring of Honor to discuss or post any news referring to the company.

Probably won't be too busy on here but just thought i'd post a link to the ROH website to start some discussion.

http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/june-2nd-newswire-2/

It's been announced that the ROH Tag Titles will be defended at Best In The World 2011 by TWGTT against The Briscoes, The All Night Express AND The Kings of Wrestling in a Fatal Four Way Elimination match. That will be Tag Team wrestling at its finest.

I am also incredibly looking forward to the World Title bout between Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards. I can see Richard's stealing this one.

What are everyone elses thoughts?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:19 pm

Yeah, I knew that they have held weekly shows in the past but wasn't 100% sure if they planned to do it again this time. I cannot wait to be able to follow the fed weekly. Hopefully they'll add a couple of extra guys to the roster before the show ..

Bucks?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Indy Promotions Discussion Thread - Page 6 Empty Re: Indy Promotions Discussion Thread

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:23 pm

it wouldn't surprise me if they rejoined if KOW are leaving for wwe.

hopefully its once a week just glad they going to stream it on their site thumbsup

I don't think many people will like the roh announcer calling davey richards the best in the world over cm punk but i wouldn't disagree with him.

just watching the best in the world match over again and he's right it's flawless thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:27 pm

They definitely need a new tag team to freshen things up seeing as they don't seem to be all that into the Bravado Brothers (can you blame them?).

I seriously would love to see a CM Punk v Davey Richards match. They are both in their prime and would create a classic in my opinion. Infact, Punk having matches with a few of the current ROH roster would make classics.

Are they charging for that stream btw mate?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 02 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

ive no idea if their charging for the stream, i hope not or it's off to dailymotion i go. id be surprised if they charged if it going to be on regular tv.

punk vs richards would be awesome to watch, id think richards would break him down eventually though through endless submissions and kicks.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:14 pm

fernando wrote:punk vs richards would be awesome to watch, id think richards would break him down eventually though through endless submissions and kicks.

Just makes you wonder how good a submission match between Samoa Joe and Davey would be Shocked

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Aug 2011, 9:17 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:
fernando wrote:punk vs richards would be awesome to watch, id think richards would break him down eventually though through endless submissions and kicks.

Just makes you wonder how good a submission match between Samoa Joe and Davey would be Shocked

add brian danielson to that and it would be Shocked Shocked

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 04 Aug 2011, 8:56 pm

“Death Before Dishonor” is an event that has become synonymous with Ring of Honor since the inaugural edition on July 19, 2003 that emanated from the historic Rexplex in Elizabeth, NJ. That year featured the last ROH match of Paul London as he challenged Samoa Joe for the ROH World Title, a Dog Collar Match between CM Punk & Raven, and that infamous appearance of Jeff Hardy inside the ROH ring.

Something special was born in New Jersey that night, and “Death Before Dishonor” is a tradition that has continued on every year, right alongside “Glory by Honor”, the “Anniversary Show”, and “Final Battle”, as the signature events of ROH’s calendar year.

ROH officials have now finalized their decision and on September 17, 2011 when Ring of Honor returns to New York City, the Grand Ballroom at the Manhattan Center will host “Death Before Dishonor IX”! This event will air worldwide on iPPV at www.gofightlive.tv.

With such historic occurrences as Black vs. Richards at “DBD VIII”, Hero vs. Storm at “DBD VII, N.2”, McGuinness vs. Danielson vs. Black vs. Castagnoli at “DBD VI”, Morishima’s dominance at the “DBD V” events, Cage of Death at “DBD IV”, Punk vs. Aries at “DBD III”, Samoa Joe’s 2 Title defenses over “DBD II” weekend, and the aforementioned inaugural “DBD” event, this year’s event has a storied lineage to live up to, but with the absolute best wrestlers on the planet in the ROH-fold, rest assured that Ring of Honor will deliver.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 04 Aug 2011, 9:25 pm

* ROH champion Davey Richards vs. Roderick Strong
* ROH Tag Team champions Shelton Benjamin & Charlie Haas vs. The Kings of Wrestling (Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli)
* ROH TV champion El Generico vs. Jay Lethal
* Eddie Edwards vs. Michael Elgin
* The Briscoes vs. The All Night Express
* Kyle O'Reilly & Adam Cole vs. The Bravado Brothers

this is the full card

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 08 Aug 2011, 10:44 pm

Ring of Honor announced today that former TNA star Jay Lethal has signed with the company. Lethal, who cut his teeth with the promotion as a former ROH Pure champion before signing with TNA, returned at the ROH Best in the World Internet PPV earlier this summer. Lethal is scheduled to challenge El Generico at ROH's first TV Taping on 9/24 in Chicago.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Tue 09 Aug 2011, 5:51 pm

Excellent news Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm

Ring of Honor officials are excited to announce that they have come to terms with Davey Richards and that the current ROH World Champion has agreed to extend his existing contract.

Richards, who captured the ROH World Title from Eddie Edwards at “Best in the World 2011″, has been a part of Ring of Honor since 2006 and, in addition to reigning as the current World Champion, is also a 2-Time ROH World Tag Champion alongside first, Rocky Romero​, and then Edwards.

Ring of Honor is fortunate to have a competitor as gifted as Davey Richards as part of the fold.” Said Jim Cornette, “As World Champion, Richards is a fine representative of what ROH is all about, especially as we head into the Sinclair Broadcasting era this weekend in Chicago Ridge!”

Richards is set to defend the ROH World Title against former champion Roderick Strong​ this Saturday night, August 13th, when we return to Chicago Ridge for our very first SBG TV Tapings!

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:08 pm

The following are highlights from a recent interview with new Ring Of Honor (ROH) COO Joe Koff:

The significance of exposing Ring of Honor on television via the Sinclair Broadcast Group: "I think we're at a very exciting point. We are going to be doing our television in Chicago, and on September 24th, we are going to be exposing the product the way this product should be exposed...to a much broader audience using over-the-air television. We are very excited to present that on the Sinclair Group platform."

What changes he sees for Ring of Honor & why he believes the ROH product is "going to change for the better": "I think everyone's always a little bit nervous, because I think everyone in ROH (between the talent & the fans) always wanted to have a company behind it with distribution & a little bit of money. But, at the same time, it scares them. It scares them because the reality of bringing this promotion to the next level is upon us, and it's really the only thing Ring of Honor was lacking. If anything changes, it's going to change for the better. When we looked at Ring of Honor as a wrestling product, as a promotion, I was just so amazed at the brand, and the power of the brand, & the intelligence of our fans. The wrestlers, the fans, the whole arena, & environment becomes one, and it gives me chills just thinking about it."

His feelings on Ring of Honor's current roster & whether or not he is interested in signing/acquiring any free agents at this time: "Is all talent welcome to apply? I think in this business, it's always been that way. Is all talent ready to be at the ROH level? That's something is to be determined by Jim (Cornette) & his people. There's tons of people out there, but the ROH talent we have are a stable of wrestlers that are very special to me. They are on their way up. They are making their name. They are making their move. It's their work which is going to bring in the fans."

The message he wishes to send to his competitors in the world of professional wrestling: "I'm not worried about them. They're doing their job. They're doing their business. They have made their plans, their productions, and they do what they do. Whether they think we're serious or not, I'm going to tell you something: 35 television stations to launch a wrestling show is pretty damn serious. If they don't want to acknowledge us, I would actually prefer it that way."

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Thu 11 Aug 2011, 10:46 pm

for the first time since 6/26/09 at “Violent Tendencies”, Jimmy Jacobs will step into a Ring of Honor ring as an active competitor and square off with the man who has been a thorn in Corino’s side throughout 2011, “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett…

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 19 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

Eddie edwards vs Roderick strong has been set for death before dishonor ppv

in a ringmaster's challenge match

1st fall must be by pin
2nd fall must be by submission
3rd will be a 15 minute iron man match

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 20 Aug 2011, 1:53 pm

That match should be fantastic!!

So what is the situation for the TV shows? Are the shows taped from last weeks tapings going to be the first four episode's?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sat 20 Aug 2011, 2:49 pm

i believe so abe

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:47 pm

Ladder Wars III

Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 14 Sep 2011, 4:38 pm

Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express *A contract for a Tag Team Title shot at "Glory By Honor X" hangs above the ring

The "Ringmaster Challenge"- 2/3 Falls Match Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini * First fall is pinfall only. Second fall is submissions only. If necessary, the third fall is a 15 minute Iron Man Match. Special Challenge Match #1

Shelton Benjamin vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Special Challenge Match #2 Charlie Haas vs. Michal Elgin with Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match Jay Lethal & Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Rhino with The Embassy

Three Way Elimination Match The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados

One-On-One El Generico vs. Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 14 Sep 2011, 6:31 pm

That is a sick card, but no Davey Richards? Is he wrestling in Japan?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:43 pm

yeah he's touring in Japan OK

shall be a very awesome ppv

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 14 Sep 2011, 7:47 pm

Surprised there isn't a #1 contenders bout for the World Title if that is the case. I suppose it would have been Edwards v Strong if both weren't the previous World Champions before Davey.

I definitely see someone new challenging.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:40 pm

claudio has signed for wwe
Claudio Castagnoli has now changed his Twitter name to @AntonioCesaro & his bio says he is now a FCW Superstar

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 1:58 pm

Please sign up Chris Hero, please sign up Chris Hero, please sign up Chris Hero.

If I say it long enough it must come true.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Sep 2011, 7:06 pm

Hero wrote:Please sign up Chris Hero, please sign up Chris Hero, please sign up Chris Hero.

If I say it long enough it must come true.

If Claudio has signed Hero is coming with him cos their supposed to be apart of wwe's plan to re-establish the tag division

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:07 pm

I know but I can still see them doing something wrong and it all going belly up.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 16 Sep 2011, 8:11 pm

very true i can't see claudio would join without an assurance that Hero is coming with him.

Last edited by fernando on Sat 17 Sep 2011, 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 16 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

I really don't think Claudio would have signed without knowing Hero was following him, unless Hero has told him it is cool. Just wouldn't make sense. The Bucks to be a straight swap with the KoW?

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sat 17 Sep 2011, 7:18 pm

Death Before Dishonor Preview

Great read, especially the beginning where it talks about the first ever Death Before Dishonor where the names CM Punk, Raven, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe & Paul London are dropped. What a list of names to have in your history!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 18 Sep 2011, 10:18 am

Death Before Dishonor IX Results

Looks another completely fantastic show, especially the last two.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 18 Sep 2011, 3:27 pm

Pretty sure WWEO.net will put it up eventually, they've put up the last couple of iPPV's anway.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 25 Sep 2011, 11:53 am

Can't seem to find anywhere that is showing the weekly episodes that debuted last night.

They've revamped the website and I reckon the only way to watch it in the UK is subscribing to the website which is sh*t.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:03 pm

AberdeenSteve wrote:They've revamped the website and I reckon the only way to watch it in the UK is subscribing to the website which is sh*t.

its going to be free abe but you have to wait until thursday if don't want to pay to subscribe OK if you pay for the subscription you get it on monday

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

So we'll get to watch it for free on the website? Do we have to register?

Thanks for the info mate

Yahoo

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:43 pm

yeah you have to register just choose the free option

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Sun 25 Sep 2011, 4:49 pm

Brilliant mate, thanks. Cannot wait to watch it!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 25 Sep 2011, 7:41 pm

this is what you get if you buy the subscription
Access to Exclusive Video Library
/ Classic ROH Matches
/ Best of Compilations
/ Complete ROH DVDs
/ AND MORE!!
Exclusive Access to the TV Show
/ View ROH TV on Monday instead of Thursday
/ Without Ads
/ Full Access to previous shows
15% off All Merchandise (including sale items)
Exclusive discounts on iPPVs
Access to Exclusive Interviews/WebChats with Wrestlers
No Pre-Roll Ads on other video content
Buy tickets to most events before they go on sale to the public
Ability to Pre-Order New Titles and Receive them prior to release

without it
Access to TV Show on Thursday following its air on television
ROH News, Promotions, and Special Event Updates via email
Ability to Comment on Blogs
Eligible for storewide discounts and coupons
Access to all non-exclusive video (with pre-roll ads)

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:30 pm

EP 1 Very Happy OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGX4D8rECWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnpXR3EHbO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kOnQ1A8WYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXGSmO9c94

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 26 Sep 2011, 2:31 pm

ncfc_Tooze wrote:EP 1 Very Happy OK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGX4D8rECWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnpXR3EHbO8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kOnQ1A8WYw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhXGSmO9c94

thumbsup

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 28 Sep 2011, 4:58 pm

if anyone hasnt seen this that i have posted on the uk events page

Nov 27th IPW:UK- 7th anniversary-Swallows Leisure Centre, Sittingbourne, Kent, England. Doors 5:00pm, show starts 5.30pm. Tickets £12 general admission (£9 children). Family ticket available for £35. Ringside Front Row £30 Second Row £20 all ages- feat Young Bucks vs The Leaders-For more information e-mail Andy Quildan: andy@ipwuk.com

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:44 pm

Episode 1 in up on ROH site

matches
cole + o'reilly vs Bravdo's

Benjamin + haas vs KOW

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Wed 28 Sep 2011, 10:48 pm

I love Tag Team wrestling, that main even was epic!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:05 pm

Haas + Benjamin vs KOW was always going to be an excellent match

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 03 Oct 2011, 2:57 pm

Episode 2 (if you cant wait)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZeqvX6dRcI

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:03 pm

Main Event for Glory By Honor is El Generico vs Davey Richards on November 19th
This Is not an iPPV

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 12 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

Yahoo

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 20 Oct 2011, 6:15 pm

anybody else have trouble watching the TV matches on the ROH website, The pictures always seems to freeze but the commentary keeps going, then it the picture skips to catch up to the commentary. Very weird.

Anybody else watching it without any problems...

Or Should I updgrade download something to stop this?

Suggestions?

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:45 pm

Dragon Gate UK results so far
Jack Gallagher def Paul Robinson with an armbar
Akira Tozawa def Dragon Kid with a bridging German suplex
Gamma def Tanizaki via Gamma Special
Team UK def Blood Warriors

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 21 Oct 2011, 9:49 pm

Pretty sure the episodes are put up on YouTube, Engima. I will try find a link and post it up here.

Just read that we are being treated to Davey Richards v Michael Elgin, should be brilliant. Just a shame it isn't on PPV.

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:04 pm

I did find somebody who posted each episode on youtube, He had the last 4/5 on but had them taken down a few days back :/ So if you could find a link that would be brill steve thumbsup

Seen this week's episode on ROH, was Eddy Edwards V Micheal Elgin and The Briscoes vs The All Night Express, both decent matches.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 21 Oct 2011, 10:10 pm

Struggling to find the links myself Engima. I have been pretty disappointed with the quality of videos posted on the ROH website.

Just wish they'd sort it out and get it on a channel in the UK!!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next